Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that "stands to reason" at all.
I think the dittoheads are the "low information voters."
What I'm seeing here is the typical right-wing racial stereotyping.
You think blacks will ever vote for Republicans, when this is what they hear?
If you had actually watched the video, you might have noticed it included more than just blacks.

Watch what you're criticizing next time, you'll probably look a lot more intelligent... or maybe not.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had actually watched the video, you might have noticed it included more than just blacks.
Watch what you're criticizing next time, you'll probably look a lot more intelligent... or maybe not.
You wrote: "And if 90%- 95% of black voters support barry, it stands to reason that there is a large percentage of those voters that are "low information", color biased, seeking handouts from Santabama or brainwashed."

I replied to your statement.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

And don't be Chickensh*t, taking it off the board too damn quick. Let everybody read it before you get on your high horse. It's just a word, like F*ck, and I think that word lost all its power when the little boy used it in the movie 'Jerry MaGuire'.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Like Juan Williams found out the sec. Npr let him go, tolerance means little if you don't agree with us. Worked out good for him as I'm sure it will for Deen. Its funny to watch this stuff and you can't make it up. All of a sudden I feel like going to Chick-fil-a.
I live in the south but was born and raised in NYC. I frequently read op-ed pieces from northern transplants talking about their apprehensions about moving south.Usually when some racial issue is in the news. They take the opportunity to pounce and praise the progressive utopia the left and take cheap shots at native southerners.Makes me wonder what made them leave in the first place.Bottom line is they are FOS. I lived there for 50 years and I say without reservation racism was rampant in NY, in both directions. At least in the south common courtesy is the norm unlike the abundance of rude self absorbed idiots inhabiting NY.BTW Emperor Bloomberg now wants to ban sparklers from July 4 celebrations.What a utopia.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
And don't be Chickensh*t, taking it off the board too damn quick. Let everybody read it before you get on your high horse. It's just a word, like F*ck, and I think that word lost all its power when the little boy used it in the movie 'Jerry MaGuire'.
George Carlin had a similar opinion on the intended undue power granted to words through self censorship.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
George Carlin had a similar opinion on the intended undue power granted to words through self censorship.
I don't think George advocated 'self censorship'. I think he was more in line with,'If they don't like it, F*ck 'em.'
Some time back, Willie pointed out the fact that George got his 'seven dirty words' routine from Lenny Bruce, who said they were words you can't say on the radio.
What I mean by the post is that giving one word that kind of power elevates them over everybody else, and that is more wrong than the one word.
Some think that I'm promoting racism, but all I'm looking for is a level playing field. Blacks, or whites, or any other ethnic group should never have that power over any other race.
and to quote my Mother In Law,'I mean That, too!'

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't think George advocated 'self censorship'. I think he was more in line with,'If they don't like it, F*ck 'em.'
Some time back, Willie pointed out the fact that George got his 'seven dirty words' routine from Lenny Bruce, who said they were words you can't say on the radio.
What I mean by the post is that giving one word that kind of power elevates them over everybody else, and that is more wrong than the one word.
Some think that I'm promoting racism, but all I'm looking for is a level playing field. Blacks, or whites, or any other ethnic group should never have that power over any other race.
and to quote my Mother In Law,'I mean That, too!'
Anyone who thinks supporting the pillory of Paula Deen means they're not a racist, indicates that they're an idiot as well. The trashing of a woman's career, over the fact that she told the truth in a deposition, about a private conversation held thirty years ago, simply affords the trashers the ability to rationalize the fact that the real problems of racism in this country still persist, in spite of her public witch burning....

It's not like they've found the last racist in America, in Paula Deen....but they sure would like to think so.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

If you guys don't like it, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm just speaking the truth as I see it.
In 1976, I was president of the Student Coaltion of Indian Natives at TCC. My mentor, Tom Goldtooth, talked me into bringing a fight to the Student Council. They were putting on the play, "The Fantasiks', and their character,'the perfect rapist' wore loincloth and a feather. I'd never heard of the play before, and Tom and a girl named Polly came to the meet at the Student Lounge. They goaded me into arguing with the guy, and I didn't know what the F*ck I was talking about.
Well, the guy had pity on me and they changed the costume on the character, making him a pirate. Later, tom and Polly had a good laugh at me for sputtering through the damn thing and I cursed them both.
See, I know what it feels like, swinging blindly about a subject. But on this, I know from where I speak because I see the one-sidedness of it every day.
In 2008, rep maxine waters wanted all treaties with Native America abrogated because the Navajo wanted all the blacks off their reservations. Why? Because the blacks were living off the Navajo resources. They didn't bother to integrate with the Navajo, just took everything they could, and were demanding more. Why was this going on? Because in 1866, the U.S. Government made the blacks 'wards' of the Navajo Nation. The black 'Freedmen' used to be slaves owned by the Navajo. The government promised to assist the tribe with money and resources, but later renegged on that promise. The Navajo kept their end for a hundred and fifty years, but got tired of the blacks demands. They finally said "Enough' but maxine and the government made them keep to their word. That was and is an injustice.
Who was wrong in this issue? maxine waters, definately. The government? Sure, but they've been F*cking Natives as long as there's been a US government. The Navajo? Yes and No. My question is, Why should the Navajo be held to a higher standard than the US government?

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who thinks supporting the pillory of Paula Deen means they're not a racist, indicates that they're an idiot as well. The trashing of a woman's career, over the fact that she told the truth in a deposition, about a private conversation held thirty years ago, simply affords the trashers the ability to rationalize the fact that the real problems of racism in this country still persist, in spite of her public witch burning....
It's not like they've found the last racist in America, in Paula Deen....but they sure would like to think so.
Yes. It makes them feel good about themselves.
Racism is still rampant in this country. People (folks?) are just more careful about it. They see someone slip, and they say,'Well, he didn't Actually Say that, so it's OK.' But we all Know what he meant.
Look at zimmerman. He's going to get away with killing that black kid because of a bad law. And Aaron hernandez? He was making two million a year, and he couldn't get away from his 'gangster' mentality. You don't think some folks aren't looking at his laitno name and snickering at his situation? If you deny it, you're lying to yourself.(thats for everyone, Sis, not just you.)
remember the old saying, You can take the kid out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the kid.'
I'll bet that hernandez thinks his situation is someone else's fault. and zimmerman thinks he was right.
four people are dead, and neither of those two were 'right'.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Look at zimmerman. He's going to get away with killing that black kid because of a bad law.
George Zimmerman should get off because he was forced to defend himself in what he thought was a life threatening situation.

It appears to be a unfortunate misunderstanding by both Zimmerman and Trevon Martin that led to the confrontation that led to the situation. Zimmerman, a conscientious and over-zealous neighborhood watchman, thought Trevon looked, and acted suspiciously in a community that was plagued by crime. Trevon thought he had a "creepy ass cracker" following him, confronted George, threw the first punch, and then continued the assault.
I'll bet that hernandez thinks his situation is someone else's fault. and zimmerman thinks he was right.
If Zimmerman was forced to defend his life in self-defense, he was right. Looking at the prosecution's evidence so far, Zimmerman's account of the situation has not been disproved, and may have been strengthened. Of course, we still need to hear from the field investigator,(who wanted to charge Zimmerman that night), the folks that treated Zimmerman's injuries, and the Medical Examiner.

If Zimmerman is found guilty, I think it will be for all the wrong reasons. I don't see any way the prosecution can develop a murder case against Zimmerman that meets the required "beyond a shadow of a doubt" criteria.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Let me amend my first sentence in the preceeding message.

I believe that George Zimmerman should get off because he was forced to defend himself in what he thought was a life threatening situation, based on what I've seen, and heard, so far.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes. It makes them feel good about themselves.
Racism is still rampant in this country. People (folks?) are just more careful about it. They see someone slip, and they say,'Well, he didn't Actually Say that, so it's OK.' But we all Know what he meant.
Look at zimmerman. He's going to get away with killing that black kid because of a bad law. And Aaron hernandez? He was making two million a year, and he couldn't get away from his 'gangster' mentality. You don't think some folks aren't looking at his laitno name and snickering at his situation? If you deny it, you're lying to yourself.(thats for everyone, Sis, not just you.)
remember the old saying, You can take the kid out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the kid.'
four people are dead, and neither of those two were 'right'.
It would appear as if Hernandez chose to embrace the thug life that led to people being killed. George Zimmerman should be found not guilty because of the abundance of reasonable doubt . The stand your ground law is not even a part of the case . Self defense however is.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the south but was born and raised in NYC. I frequently read op-ed pieces from northern transplants talking about their apprehensions about moving south.Usually when some racial issue is in the news. They take the opportunity to pounce and praise the progressive utopia the left and take cheap shots at native southerners.Makes me wonder what made them leave in the first place.Bottom line is they are FOS. I lived there for 50 years and I say without reservation racism was rampant in NY, in both directions. At least in the south common courtesy is the norm unlike the abundance of rude self absorbed idiots inhabiting NY.BTW Emperor Bloomberg now wants to ban sparklers from July 4 celebrations.What a utopia.
Yes. I lived close enough to see it in Washington D.C. for 3 years. Also my pop was in Philly for a time when working for an airline and I didn't witness much brotherly love during a visit. Its the old saying if its so great why did you leave and move here? I hope I never have to step foot in some of these places again but if I did make I would make the best of it. Nobody wants to hear how you did it elsewhere. New York city is on another level. Looks like Weiner may win. Ha.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

The regulations governing citizen groups like 'neighborhood watch' say that No officer, guard, or patrolperson, whichever is used in this instance, will carry or use a gun.
zimmerman was 'outside the law' when he pulled the gun, and committed an act of murder when he used it.
I say he had it because he wanted to know what it was like to kill someone.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who thinks supporting the pillory of Paula Deen means they're not a racist, indicates that they're an idiot as well. The trashing of a woman's career, over the fact that she told the truth in a deposition, about a private conversation held thirty years ago, simply affords the trashers the ability to rationalize the fact that the real problems of racism in this country still persist, in spite of her public witch burning....
From the little I've learned of Deen this week she isn't a racist.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

The regulations governing citizen groups like 'neighborhood watch' say that No officer, guard, or patrolperson, whichever is used in this instance, will carry or use a gun.
zimmerman was 'outside the law' when he pulled the gun, and committed an act of murder when he used it.
Really? I carry a cdl and as any driver knows you can't have a gun in the truck. That being said I've known drivers that go into high crime areas and do so anyway. The law is not always right. And if it does come to riots some people are going to have quite a wake up call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I lived close enough to see it in Washington D.C. for 3 years. Also my pop was in Philly for a time when working for an airline and I didn't witness much brotherly love during a visit. Its the old saying if its so great why did you leave and move here? I hope I never have to step foot in some of these places again but if I did make I would make the best of it. Nobody wants to hear how you did it elsewhere. New York city is on another level. Looks like Weiner may win. Ha.
Yes NY Post reports "Weiner Surges in Poll".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Pure speculation.
1. Why call the police BEFORE shooting Martin?
2. Zimmerman's weapon was being legally carried.
3. Killing in self defense is a homicide but its not murder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I carry a cdl and as any driver knows you can't have a gun in the truck. That being said I've known drivers that go into high crime areas and do so anyway. The law is not always right. And if it does come to riots some people are going to have quite a wake up call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

I'd say that George Zimmerman had a weapon because he didn't want to find out what it was like to be killed... and he had a permit that legally entitled him to carry a concealed weapon. I suppose that's why George Zimmerman wasn't charged with illegally carrying a weapon.

It turned out that he needed that weapon to save his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,541 - 156,560 of171,399
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

431 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 1,386
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stuart Cudahy 716,061
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min marge 529,748
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min andet1987 3,866
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 21 min singing icecream 1,834
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 93,156
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min WasteWater 255,610
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••