Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have our differences, but my congratulations to you, and may your marriage be filled with happiness for both of you.
SAVE IT, ya jaybird!

Thanks Lis & CC, but what I meant was, in light of the Supremes rulin', I'm marrying my ACOUSTIC GUITAR. Her name's Kim-Soo, she's Korean about 35 years old, and doesn't want any strings attached.

I picked her out of several others in the store, because the store owner Peg, said she had the prettiest little neck. I said I didn't have a lot of cash, but she told me not to fret. So I said in that case, I'll take her.

Another customer was interested in Kim, but I tuned him out, made the first play, and took her home with me.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I never even realized how high my post count was, thanks for pointing it out. I can honestly say I paid closer attention to OKB's post count than I did my own. BTW, what ever happened to him?
<quoted text>

I'm not sure the "girls popping out of cakes" will be too useful in getting me to our 46th anniversary. She still has me on probation.
:)
Did I mention the girls are all kindergartners?
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
SAVE IT, ya jaybird!
Thanks Lis & CC, but what I meant was, in light of the Supremes rulin', I'm marrying my ACOUSTIC GUITAR. Her name's Kim-Soo, she's Korean about 35 years old, and doesn't want any strings attached.
I picked her out of several others in the store, because the store owner Peg, said she had the prettiest little neck. I said I didn't have a lot of cash, but she told me not to fret. So I said in that case, I'll take her.
Another customer was interested in Kim, but I tuned him out, made the first play, and took her home with me.
You "pick" the worst times to make a joke.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
Obama: "I'm not going to be scrambling jets to get a 29-year-old hacker."
He's trying to minimize this by being flip and maybe no one will notice that his ineffective, rookies-r-us foreign policies combined with his annoying arrogance is what has him in the humiliating position he finds himself in.
He "says" he's not going to pick up the phone and call Putin, because "he shouldn't have to be involved" which is a gigantic load of hooey. He doesn't want to call Putin because he has a negative zero relationship with Putin and old Vlad might just laugh at him over the phone for 3 minutes, hang up on him and then post the humiliation on youtube.
The other part of the US government weighs in with John Kerry saying with solemnity, "people could actually die as a result of the Snowden leaks."
It's a sitcom.
Keep in mind that barry only stated that "I'm not going to be scrambling JETS to get a 29-year-old hacker."... he didn't say he wouldn't have a drone take out the American 29-year-old hacker. Maybe not in Russia, but when he gets to his final destination... it may be "final". Edward, for his personal safety, probably should not spend much time outdoors.

To date, obama hasn't shown much respect for the Constitutional rights of Americans once they're outside of the country, and his administration deems them as enemies without presentation of proof or trial. Come to think of it, obama hasn't shown much respect for the Constitutional rights of Americans living in the country, either, but so far he hasn't drone killed anyone inside our borders... yet.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
SAVE IT, ya jaybird!
Oh, OK.

But if it had been for real, those would have been my feelings.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

miner49er wrote:
"Libyans do like us, it's al-qaeda terrorists that don't."
You mean the Libyans Reagan bombed?
We don't have to worry too much about the Libyan that Reagan bombed, the Libyan rebels killed Gaddafi almost two years ago.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You "pick" the worst times to make a joke.
I do.
Lost In Transition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
The other part of the US government weighs in with John Kerry saying with solemnity, "people could actually die as a result of the Snowden leaks."
It's a sitcom.
He was probably talking about Snowden.
Lost In Transition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals need to take race out of every discussion. This country would be in much better shape if we were simply "Americans", not African-Americans, Native-Americans, Asians, whites, hispanics or whatever other separationist desiginations people use.
You forgot crazy-asss cracka's.
miner49er

Athens, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

"I thought America was built by Americans, all Americans. "

Some of those Americans were slaves who were bought and sold like cattle, beat if they protested and killed if they resisted.
Their children were stolen from their mothers, sold into perpetual slavery and forced to enrich the white American plantation owners, all in difiance of the Declaration of Independance and Constitution.
The wives, mothers and daughters of the slaves were forcibly raped at 12, 13, 14 years old, their children were sold down the river to avoid wmbarassing their white American masters.

"It was my father's former countrymen that made that necessary. "

No wrongful action by some tribal chief authorized white Americans to buy and sell humans like cattle.

US Navy and Marines units protected the white American slave traders, the market was driven by the white American plantation owners who spent millions to build a fleet of slave ships and who spent millions buying and selling men, women and children.
miner49er

Athens, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

[11] caused the mob to retreat, and the riders escaped the bus. The mob beat the riders after they escaped the bus. Only warning shots fired into the air by highway patrolmen prevented the riders from being lynched.[9]
That night, the hospitalized Freedom Riders, most of whom had been refused care, were removed from the hospital at 2 AM, because the staff feared the mob outside the hospital. The local civil rights leader Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth organized several cars of blacks to rescue the injured Freedom Riders in defiance of the mob.
When the Trailways bus reached Anniston and pulled in at the terminal an hour after the Greyhound bus was burned, it was boarded by eight Klansmen. They beat the Freedom Riders and left them semi-conscious in the back of the bus.[9]
When the bus arrived in Birmingham, it was attacked by a mob of KKK members[8] aided and abetted by police under the orders of Commissioner Bull Connor.[12] As the riders exited the bus, they were beaten by the mob with baseball bats, iron pipes and bicycle chains. James Peck required more than 50 stitches to the wounds in his head.[13] Peck was taken to Carraway Methodist Medical Center, which refused to treat him; he was later treated at Jefferson Hillman Hospital."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Riders

This isn't ancient history, we're talking the '60s when sworn officers of the law planned and carried out attacks on both black and white American Citizens exercising their Constitutional Rights.

"In the early morning of Sunday, September 15, 1963, Bobby Frank Cherry, Thomas Blanton,[1]Herman Frank Cash, and Robert Chambliss, members of United Klans of America, a Ku Klux Klan group, planted a box of dynamite with a time delay under the steps of the church, near the basement.[2] At about 10:22 a.m., twenty-six children were walking into the basement assembly room to prepare for the sermon entitled “The Love That Forgives,” when the bomb exploded.[3][4] Four girls, Addie Mae Collins (age 14), Denise McNair (age 11), Carole Robertson (age 14), and Cynthia Wesley (age 14), were killed in the attack,[5] and 22 additional people were injured, one of whom was Addie Mae Collins' younger sister, Sarah.[6] The explosion blew a hole in the church's rear wall, destroyed the back steps and all but one stained-glass window, which showed Christ leading a group of little children."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_Street_Bapt...

Here.

In America.

Bombing little children in a church basement because they were black.

There is no denying African-Americans have struggled to win the Freedoms most of us take for granted.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
He was probably talking about Snowden.
If Kerry's actions can prevent "people from croaking" and he suffers a paper cut while doing so can he still get another Purple Heart?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
"I thought America was built by Americans, all Americans. "
Some of those Americans were slaves who were bought and sold like cattle, beat if they protested and killed if they resisted.
Their children were stolen from their mothers, sold into perpetual slavery and forced to enrich the white American plantation owners, all in difiance of the Declaration of Independance and Constitution.
Today's Constitution, not the Constitution that existed back then.
miner49er wrote:
The wives, mothers and daughters of the slaves were forcibly raped at 12, 13, 14 years old, their children were sold down the river to avoid wmbarassing their white American masters.
It took a Civil War, Republicans and a lot of dead white boys to make that change. It was a strange time. I believe the South's General of the Army, Robert E. Lee, did not own slaves, but the North's General of the Army, Ulysses S. Grant, did.
miner49er wrote:
"It was my father's former countrymen that made that necessary. "
I was saying that it was my father's former countrymen that burned the Capital Building in 1814, and made the re-building of it necessary. It was a joke, tightazz.
miner49er wrote:
No wrongful action by some tribal chief authorized white Americans to buy and sell humans like cattle.
US Navy and Marines units protected the white American slave traders, the market was driven by the white American plantation owners who spent millions to build a fleet of slave ships and who spent millions buying and selling men, women and children.
Absolutely. The "civilized" nations created the demand, but it was the African natives that provided the product. The "civilized" nations purchased the product that was captured and provided to them by those African natives at the ports. Whites had nothing to do with selecting which Africans were captured and enslaved for sale at those ports. African natives picked which of their fellow blacks would become slaves. Live with it, blacks were not completely innocent concerning slavery.

Actually, there were even black slave owners.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

miner49er wrote:
There is no denying African-Americans have struggled to win the Freedoms most of us take for granted.
I can tell. It must have been hell for obama, growing up in Indonesia and Hawaii, attending our best schools (maybe), and given the pResidency simply based on his skin pigmentation, and without the inconvenience of having to gain any government or leadership experience.

The country is definitely paying for barry's lack of government or leadership experience.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind that barry only stated that "I'm not going to be scrambling JETS to get a 29-year-old hacker."... he didn't say he wouldn't have a drone take out the American 29-year-old hacker.
"I have a dream....." MLK

"I have a drone....." BHO
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Liberals need to take race out of every discussion.

2)This country would be in much better shape if we were simply "Americans", not African-Americans, Native-Americans, Asians, whites, hispanics or whatever other separationist desiginations people use.
===
1) They can't. They'd lose elections.
Democrats have convinced blacks that republicans are racist and don't care about them. Democrats have convinced blacks that republicans want them to stay less educated and impoverished.
Democrats have convinced blacks that THEY are the caring party.

Democrats have been running the majority of our cities and public school systems for the last 50 years and we all saw another result of that this past week at the Zimmerman trial with the star witness for the prosecution. THAT was what democrat leadership in education and city managament does for our black community. Cites run by democrats have the highest crime, the highest poverty and the highest numbers of woefully uneducated.

For blacks who are tired of having to explain why the Rachel Jeantels of America cannot speak coherently, read "cursive" or write?
STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT.

2) Using the terms African American, Native American, Asian American and such has been counterproductve to assimilation. Seperating Americans into categories based on their continent of origin has had no redeeming results because the fundamental purpose of categorization is to "split into groups."
Those terms are nothing but linguistic segregation.
=
On the flip side however knowing who is of what heritage can prove very helpful in determining who gets the job or who gets into college.
Being a black foreign national for example with a unique cultural background but only so-so grades might even get a person into Harvard leaving the white kid from Des Moines in the dust.... even though his GPA was higher and his SAT's were higher and he'd worked his tail off to earn them.

Democrats: The Fair Party
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Obama administration is solicting the NFL and the NBA to promote OBAMACARE.

What every guy in America dreams of. Sitting down to relax, watch a game with a couple of cold ones and hearing, "this healthcare message is being brought to you by President Obama."

Oh and YOU, America are paying for this commercial with your tax dollars."

Haaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Alec Baldwin- democrat and liberal let loose with a horrific homophobic tweet 2 days after SCOTUS made their historic rulings with regards to gay marriage and prop 8 in CA.
(Oh yes and he's now sorry.)
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/...
===
Considering Paula Deens entire life is coming apart at the seams and she's been beaten unmercifully for comments she made 30 years ago, I think it's only fair the Alec Baldwin lose his job as spokesperson for Capital One so I just sent off an email urging them to fire him.
If anyone is in the mood, here's the address.
webinfo@capitalone.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>On the flip side however knowing who is of what heritage can prove very helpful in determining who gets the job or who gets into college.
Being a black foreign national for example with a unique cultural background but only so-so grades might even get a person into Harvard leaving the white kid from Des Moines in the dust.... even though his GPA was higher and his SAT's were higher and he'd worked his tail off to earn them.
Democrats: The Fair Party
Wouldn't it be interesting to see barry's college applications. Based on how dishonest he's been with us, I'm sure he would have had no problem "embellishing" his applications to give a so-so black drug user a little help in getting into better schools.

If obama did claim his status as a black foreign national, I wonder what nationality he would have claimed to be. And, of course, it may not be an "embellishment" at all, he might have been truthful... we have no way of knowing.
:)

Speaking of deceptive, if my great grandfather came from South Africa, can I tick the "African-American" box?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
Alec Baldwin- democrat and liberal let loose with a horrific homophobic tweet 2 days after SCOTUS made their historic rulings with regards to gay marriage and prop 8 in CA.
(Oh yes and he's now sorry.)
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/...
Alec will get a pass, again, and probably a new commercial spot. Only conservatives are held responsible for their gaffes, and no amount of sincere apologies will ever get them off the hook.
Lyndi wrote:
Considering Paula Deens entire life is coming apart at the seams and she's been beaten unmercifully for comments she made 30 years ago, I think it's only fair the Alec Baldwin lose his job as spokesperson for Capital One so I just sent off an email urging them to fire him.
If anyone is in the mood, here's the address.
webinfo@capitalone.com
Paula Dean would have done much better if she had stayed off the TV and not tried to redeem herself. Those TV interviews, I'm certain, hurt her far more than they helped.

Paula Deen should have hired a spokesperson to contact the media, and explain that, "The incident happened over 30 years ago, and in a much different Southern environment. Paula was upset after having just being robbed, and spoke in anger and haste to her husband describing the incident. Even so, she was sorry that she said such a hurtful thing, and hasn't repeated it since. Let's move on to things that are more current, and far more important than dwelling on something said in anger over 3 or 4 decades ago."

I think the incident would have been quickly forgiven and forgotten. She might not have the number 1 bestseller book, as she does now, but she probably would have a lot more sponsors, and quite possibly still have her job on the Food Network.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,521 - 156,540 of168,953
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

478 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min pusherman_ 596,485
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min KiMare 89,507
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 17 min -USA-1 37,847
cannot satisfy my gf 20 min luvdoctor 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min It aint necessarily so 679,814
Stop Chinese Immigration 27 min EmpireEarth 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Hillie Billie Boganed 109,512
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 54 min dragonrunner 232
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min EdSed 216,691