Bush is a hero

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163979 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that rhetorical musing flew over your head. I didn't spell it out because the people who generally post on this forum are bright enough to have understood. I forgot all about you.
Here, I'll walk you through it.
==
Unlike Baldwin, our flavor of the month for phoney supporters of gay rights, some of us have never made a homophobic threat therefore we've never had to resort to mouthing the sorry old standard, "some of my best friends are gay" and use it as a line of defense. Some of us have never had to whip out our membership card to the I'm Respectful of Gays and Have Gay Friends to Prove it Club and tout our knowing them like a cheap prop. Saying it proves absolutely nothing not to mention that parading people about like that is in bad taste.
Since you're fairly new to this country, you probably didn't know that some Americans have used the same line when suspected or accused of being racist. "I'm not racist," they have protested too emphatically; "some of my best friends are black people! Honest!"
If you are still confused, call one of your former professors at Harvard. I'd put you in contact with a couple of mine but I still can't remember where I went to school. I remember snow.... there was snow where I went to school and alot of brick buildings too..... But alas, that's all I can remember right now.
Hey, maybe I went to school in North Dakota!
Pure awesomeness.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163980 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Norway, France, Germany and Italy all have stricter abortion laws than we do. They ban abortions after 14 weeks. Gosnell's attorney was so bothered by the case that he felt abortions should be banned after 17 weeks. When you can take a moving crying baby at 20 weeks and have to physically mutilate it to kill it after a botched abortion that in and of itself cries out for human decency to stop this practice. Texas is on the right track.
If you can't make up your mind to abort your child in five months, then you've waited too long, it's probably viable, too bad. To kill your baby then would be teetering on murder.

Of course exceptions should always be made in cases where the pregnancy would be a PHYSICAL threat to the mother's life.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163982 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You jump to your own conclusions.
I made no threats I do not fight my God's battles for Him. I cannot enforce any judgment. I said nothing about hell. I just know that there is a very real meeting at the end of this life. She and I will both have our day in that courtroom.
If 'meeting her maker' means Senator Davis is not pitched headlong into hell, what do you think the results of that meeting are going to be?

You jump to the conclusion that Gawd disapproves of abortions, when in fact it's never once mentioned in your how-to manual, and Gawd does away with one of every three pregnancies on earth.

Pffft.

Colorado

#163984 Jul 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If 'meeting her maker' means Senator Davis is not pitched headlong into hell, what do you think the results of that meeting are going to be?
You jump to the conclusion that Gawd disapproves of abortions, when in fact it's never once mentioned in your how-to manual, and Gawd does away with one of every three pregnancies on earth.
Pffft.
I said meeting her Maker and I said I too will meet my Maker and be in the very same courtroom. You jump to conclusions. I will be held accountable for every word I speak and every thought I think and every action I commit the same as her. I make no assignments as to her further destiny.

I don't know about Gawd disapproving of abortions but I know God does. God has a right to do whatever He wants with a human life. I don't. No one questions me if I desire to eliminate an ant or an ant hill. There is a far greater gap between mankind and his/their Creator than there is between me and an ant. God made us, God can take us out and make another one just like us.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163985 Jul 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If 'meeting her maker' means Senator Davis is not pitched headlong into hell, what do you think the results of that meeting are going to be?
Pffft.
Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Colorado

#163986 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't make up your mind to abort your child in five months, then you've waited too long, it's probably viable, too bad. To kill your baby then would be teetering on murder.
Of course exceptions should always be made in cases where the pregnancy would be a PHYSICAL threat to the mother's life.
Abortion isn't teetering it is murder. A five month preborn baby is viable. A baby as young as 21 weeks and 6 days has survived.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-102...

I agree with your last sentence.
Since the founding of this nation appr. 651,000 military men and women have died in war. http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/memory/statis...

Since Roe v Wade more than 55,700,000 babies have been obliterated.
https://www.google.com/search...
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#163987 Jul 1, 2013
"I would think at the moment of trauma a rape kit is something that adds insult to injury."

Great comment, rapists everywhere thank you for your support.

"Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer. "

Translation: "Don't you women worry yore purty lil' hrads, us big strong menfolk will tell you want's best for you."

"She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses."

Your "Maker" has NO PLACE in our Laws and we, the American Peole will kindly ask you to keep your religion out of our government.

Thank You

Location hidden

#163988 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou Shalt Not Kill.
I assume you don't eat? Or bathe? Whole colonies of 'life' are executed every time you step into the shower with a bar of soap. Murderer.

May I also assume you consider your prostate, and what you choose to do with it, to be the purview of Congress?

Please. "Thou shalt not kill" is only important to you as it suits your purposes.

Location hidden

#163989 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"The sky is falling."
Wendy wasted her time, and our tax dollars with her silly "war on women" stunt. I only hope that our Lieutenant Governor, Dippy Dewhurst, does a better job with crowd control tomorrow, when the bill comes back up for its passing vote.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LYgOFqpRIlAXX
I think that ending line was meant for folks like you.
Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer.
Safer from what? Making a decision of which you don't approve? You have just nullified any argument you may have had with the nanny state, bob.

I only hope her second filibuster is as successful as her first.

Dippy was labeled a 'moderate' 4 years ago, by the hard-line religious types in the Texas Senate, and is now trying not to get crucified in next year's primaries, by taking up the 'abortion-is-murder' gauntlet as a political strategy.

Pfft again.

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163990 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou Shalt Not Kill.
With all due respect, I think unless or until both sides of the abortion issue agree to use the Bible as the official text on which to base and write our laws (which would make us a theocracy btw) perhaps the issue would be best debated without quoting from it.

And Jesus, from what little I know about him was not known as a politcal figure. Historically speaking, he didn't particularly weigh in on the day to day politics of the time so I personally find it curious when people take the liberty of making him their quarterback in the politics of today.
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#163991 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I think unless or until both sides of the abortion issue agree to use the Bible as the official text on which to base and write our laws (which would make us a theocracy btw) perhaps the issue would be best debated without quoting from it.
And Jesus, from what little I know about him was not known as a politcal figure. Historically speaking, he didn't particularly weigh in on the day to day politics of the time so I personally find it curious when people take the liberty of making him their quarterback in the politics of today.
You're absolutely right Lyndi, Noone could possibly know how Jesus would weigh in. He of course is extraordinarily compassionate but I think that would mean he has compassion for a mom in trouble and for the unborn. But I would also ask that so called science not be used, like comparing the fetus to microscopic bugs. That does little to advance the discussion.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#163992 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that rhetorical musing flew over your head. I didn't spell it out because the people who generally post on this forum are bright enough to have understood. I forgot all about you.
Here, I'll walk you through it.
==
Unlike Baldwin, our flavor of the month for phoney supporters of gay rights, some of us have never made a homophobic threat therefore we've never had to resort to mouthing the sorry old standard, "some of my best friends are gay" and use it as a line of defense. Some of us have never had to whip out our membership card to the I'm Respectful of Gays and Have Gay Friends to Prove it Club and tout our knowing them like a cheap prop. Saying it proves absolutely nothing not to mention that parading people about like that is in bad taste.
Since you're fairly new to this country, you probably didn't know that some Americans have used the same line when suspected or accused of being racist. "I'm not racist," they have protested too emphatically; "some of my best friends are black people! Honest!"
If you are still confused, call one of your former professors at Harvard. I'd put you in contact with a couple of mine but I still can't remember where I went to school. I remember snow.... there was snow where I went to school and alot of brick buildings too..... But alas, that's all I can remember right now.
Hey, maybe I went to school in North Dakota!
I am not "fairly new" to this country.

I am not confused.

Ain't that a pip?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163993 Jul 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're absolutely right Lyndi, Noone could possibly know how Jesus would weigh in. He of course is extraordinarily compassionate but I think that would mean he has compassion for a mom in trouble and for the unborn. But I would also ask that so called science not be used, like comparing the fetus to microscopic bugs. That does little to advance the discussion.
lol- I have never heard of a fetus being compared to a "microscopic bug" and calling that science.
But science can be helpful. We now know for example that when most abortions take place the embryo is about the size of a small lima bean. We know it's nerve endings have not been developed. Through science, we know the male in the partnership determines the sex of the child and if science hadn't shown us that, some men would still be blaming their wives for not giving them a son.

Religion is belief and as such is open to interpretation. Science is the continual testing of discoveries, a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations. IMO, it's is the best tool we have for forming fact based opinions on such difficult subjects as abortion.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163994 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not "fairly new" to this country.
Sure you are.
You're a newbie.
You are a recent import.
Your roots here are still trailing above ground. Plus, all the hard work to form this nation from sea to shining sea was already done by the time you rolled into town, glided down our streets paved of gold looking for a piece of the pie. Hopefully you've already taken your slice because the government which has now taken over a 6th of the economy with Obamacare plans on taking more.
More pie for them.
Less pie for you.

WELCOME TO AMERICA.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#163995 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou Shalt Not Kill.
really? barry says its OK. But only americans on foreign soil.
so far...
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#163996 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol- I have never heard of a fetus being compared to a "microscopic bug" and calling that science.
But science can be helpful. We now know for example that when most abortions take place the embryo is about the size of a small lima bean. We know it's nerve endings have not been developed. Through science, we know the male in the partnership determines the sex of the child and if science hadn't shown us that, some men would still be blaming their wives for not giving them a son.
Religion is belief and as such is open to interpretation. Science is the continual testing of discoveries, a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations. IMO, it's is the best tool we have for forming fact based opinions on such difficult subjects as abortion.
Well it was done right here. I would agree that sciencee plays an important role. Science has also made it possible for a baby born early to survive. We have to adjust our laws to what we learn from science. We have not always done that. Instead with a law that might help women we carry it so far as to be an excuse for murder. That's what Gosnell did. He relied on so many people supporting abortion "no matter what" and got away with murder for along time.
I hate abortion and I know what my choice would be, but know I have no right to tell someone else what their choice should be. But I could live peacefully with science being followed, meaning no abortions after the point of feeling. As Bob said I would amend that to save the life of a mother if that is her choice.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#163997 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are.
You're a newbie.
You are a recent import.
Your roots here are still trailing above ground. Plus, all the hard work to form this nation from sea to shining sea was already done by the time you rolled into town, glided down our streets paved of gold looking for a piece of the pie. Hopefully you've already taken your slice because the government which has now taken over a 6th of the economy with Obamacare plans on taking more.
More pie for them.
Less pie for you.
WELCOME TO AMERICA.
Did you know that in England, they have (had?) a program up and running where they had cameras in homes, monitored by the government?
In Alaska, they have a scheduled housing complex to be built, and most of the units are for low income people. The kicker is, nobody accepted in said housing can smoke.
On The Yakama Reservation, mexican illegals have taken over the housing projects there. Over a hundred apartments are being 'squatted' by them. The local tribal members aren't safe on their own rez. They tried calling in The National Guard, but they were all overseas, protecting foreign borders.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#163998 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are.
You're a newbie.
You are a recent import.
More pie for them.
Less pie for you.
WELCOME TO AMERICA.
Well let me tell you about my rolling in and gliding down and looking for pie.

I have worked hard and it has paid off handsomely, so I'm not in need of more pie--I have far more than I can use, thank you very much. Good causes now benefit from my financial success.

Ain't that a pip?
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#163999 Jul 1, 2013
miner49er wrote:
"I would think at the moment of trauma a rape kit is something that adds insult to injury."
Translation: "Don't you women worry yore purty lil' hrads, us big strong menfolk will tell you want's best for you."
"She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses."
Your "Maker" has NO PLACE in our Laws and we, the American Peole will kindly ask you to keep your religion out of our government.
Thank You
Hey, DUM-DUM--That's OUR Government TOO. And in case you've forgotten, PLENTY of Americans WANT our Lord and Maker to have His divine nose in our government.

Colorado

#164000 Jul 1, 2013
miner49er wrote:
Thank You
Hey Bozo,
Ever had a gyno exam? Try having something worse than and more invasive and that after being raped. You are an idiot if you don't think this is true.
You, being said "man folk" have no clue
abortion is murder. What else do you call it when you take someone else's life?
Her meeting her Maker has nothing to do with you or your government and everything to do with HIS. You make sure you tell Him how He has no place in your afterlife when you get there. I am sure He'll understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 88,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min another viewer 671
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min truth 665,573
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min X Pendable 284,678
I LOVE you, Ewa M S 48 min Doctor REALITY 5
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 58 min Twizzler937 33
News Goldman's Cohn Said to Be Preferred Candidate f... 1 hr discocrisco 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web