Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163968 Jun 30, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The bill in question would have rendered nearly EVERY abortion in Texas, under the purview of Gosnell's ilk - illegal abortions, once this bill passes, will be the only kind women in Texas will be able to get. And while for some people in Texas, and elsewhere I'm sure, that fact is fine and dandy, for women whose pregnancies are toxic, profoundly compromised, or dangerous to begin with, Perry and HIS ilk are cavalierly dooming them to either abort illegally or die.
For someone who reviles the Gosnells of this world, I find it odd that you would advocate that they flourish further. Your passionate defense of a bill which would greatly encourage them is perplexing at best.
Wendy Davis is a hero, who was defending the rights of ALL women to medical autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense. Plain and simple.
"The sky is falling."

Wendy wasted her time, and our tax dollars with her silly "war on women" stunt. I only hope that our Lieutenant Governor, Dippy Dewhurst, does a better job with crowd control tomorrow, when the bill comes back up for its passing vote.



I think that ending line was meant for folks like you.

Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163969 Jun 30, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The bill in question would have rendered nearly EVERY abortion in Texas, under the purview of Gosnell's ilk - illegal abortions, once this bill passes, will be the only kind women in Texas will be able to get. And while for some people in Texas, and elsewhere I'm sure, that fact is fine and dandy, for women whose pregnancies are toxic, profoundly compromised, or dangerous to begin with, Perry and HIS ilk are cavalierly dooming them to either abort illegally or die.
For someone who reviles the Gosnells of this world, I find it odd that you would advocate that they flourish further. Your passionate defense of a bill which would greatly encourage them is perplexing at best.
Wendy Davis is a hero, who was defending the rights of ALL women to medical autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense. Plain and simple.
She is no hero. She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses. Your idea of hero is sick and twisted sister.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163970 Jun 30, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The bill in question would have rendered nearly EVERY abortion in Texas, under the purview of Gosnell's ilk - illegal abortions,...
For someone who reviles the Gosnells of this world, I find it odd that you would advocate that they flourish further. Your passionate defense of a bill which would greatly encourage them is perplexing at best.
Lest you forget, Gosnell ran a legal abortion clinic.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163971 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Lest you forget, Gosnell ran a legal abortion clinic.
Some folks may get upset because Texas demands higher standards... standards that must already be met for most other surgical procedures. We don't want any Gosnell type butchers in Texas.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163972 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks may get upset because Texas demands higher standards... standards that must already be met for most other surgical procedures. We don't want any Gosnell type butchers in Texas.
Norway, France, Germany and Italy all have stricter abortion laws than we do. They ban abortions after 14 weeks. Gosnell's attorney was so bothered by the case that he felt abortions should be banned after 17 weeks. When you can take a moving crying baby at 20 weeks and have to physically mutilate it to kill it after a botched abortion that in and of itself cries out for human decency to stop this practice. Texas is on the right track.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163973 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had gay people as friends or acquaintances, you could ask them.
Well, that rhetorical musing flew over your head. I didn't spell it out because the people who generally post on this forum are bright enough to have understood. I forgot all about you.

Here, I'll walk you through it.
==
Unlike Baldwin, our flavor of the month for phoney supporters of gay rights, some of us have never made a homophobic threat therefore we've never had to resort to mouthing the sorry old standard, "some of my best friends are gay" and use it as a line of defense. Some of us have never had to whip out our membership card to the I'm Respectful of Gays and Have Gay Friends to Prove it Club and tout our knowing them like a cheap prop. Saying it proves absolutely nothing not to mention that parading people about like that is in bad taste.

Since you're fairly new to this country, you probably didn't know that some Americans have used the same line when suspected or accused of being racist. "I'm not racist," they have protested too emphatically; "some of my best friends are black people! Honest!"

If you are still confused, call one of your former professors at Harvard. I'd put you in contact with a couple of mine but I still can't remember where I went to school. I remember snow.... there was snow where I went to school and alot of brick buildings too..... But alas, that's all I can remember right now.
Hey, maybe I went to school in North Dakota!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163974 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
She is no hero. She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses. Your idea of hero is sick and twisted sister.
"...she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses..."

Why is it that the religious see a need to fight their 'god's battles for him, with threats of hell? I say, if 'God' has a bone to pick with Senator Davis, she would have been struck down during her filibuster, rather than it having been successful.

Since nearly 33% of ALL pregnancy ends in miscarriage, "God" is the ultimate abortionist....let's leave his battles to him, shall we?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163975 Jul 1, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you mean by that, and for once, Hip, I wholeheartedly agree with you :) I don't expect everyone I meet have Ph.ds after their names, but I do expect them to know, at least, that life before football DID exist, beer and potato chips are NOT a basic food group, there are adjectives which contain more than four letters and Canada is NOT one of the 50 states! I just don't want to associate with anyone who doesn't have at least that much between their ears.That's about as minimal as it gets, don't you think?
After that, certain cultural niceties, such as knowing not to scratch your genitals in public, there IS more to life than the latest hairdos and shades of fingernail polish, that some people don't care what the Kardashians are doing, or find wondering who "is my baby daddy" on TV to be sickening, to say the least.
Finally, if you really want to step up, some awareness of great literature, music and drama, some knowledge of history and geography are helpful. And anyone who thinks that all a POTUS has to do for anything to happen is say "My will be done" is automatically disqualified.
I know exactly what you mean, Hip. I like discussing issues with people who not only know that the United States of America has a vice-president, but what the name of the current one happens to be, who not only know who wrote "THE INFERNO" but just as important, actually CARE that they know.
This was from a long time ago. I am trying to catch a few highlights this morning and I just had to add my total agreement with this post. You are right on Roberta!

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163976 Jul 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not so sure I should have read this post..........I did learn a few things though, but, I found out I have to change my diet, alot of my habits and what i watch on TV..........
I guess they say change is good, and there's no time like the present..........Hmmmm
Anyone here no who the VP is?
hahahahaha!

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163977 Jul 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity.
- Mark Twain's Autobiography; also in Mark Twain in Eruption
Willie, thanks for reminding us of the brilliance that was Mark Twain.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163978 Jul 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>"...she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses..."
Why is it that the religious see a need to fight their 'god's battles for him, with threats of hell? I say, if 'God' has a bone to pick with Senator Davis, she would have been struck down during her filibuster, rather than it having been successful.
Since nearly 33% of ALL pregnancy ends in miscarriage, "God" is the ultimate abortionist....let's leave his battles to him, shall we?
You jump to your own conclusions.
I made no threats I do not fight my God's battles for Him. I cannot enforce any judgment. I said nothing about hell. I just know that there is a very real meeting at the end of this life. She and I will both have our day in that courtroom.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163979 Jul 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that rhetorical musing flew over your head. I didn't spell it out because the people who generally post on this forum are bright enough to have understood. I forgot all about you.
Here, I'll walk you through it.
==
Unlike Baldwin, our flavor of the month for phoney supporters of gay rights, some of us have never made a homophobic threat therefore we've never had to resort to mouthing the sorry old standard, "some of my best friends are gay" and use it as a line of defense. Some of us have never had to whip out our membership card to the I'm Respectful of Gays and Have Gay Friends to Prove it Club and tout our knowing them like a cheap prop. Saying it proves absolutely nothing not to mention that parading people about like that is in bad taste.
Since you're fairly new to this country, you probably didn't know that some Americans have used the same line when suspected or accused of being racist. "I'm not racist," they have protested too emphatically; "some of my best friends are black people! Honest!"
If you are still confused, call one of your former professors at Harvard. I'd put you in contact with a couple of mine but I still can't remember where I went to school. I remember snow.... there was snow where I went to school and alot of brick buildings too..... But alas, that's all I can remember right now.
Hey, maybe I went to school in North Dakota!
Pure awesomeness.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163980 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Norway, France, Germany and Italy all have stricter abortion laws than we do. They ban abortions after 14 weeks. Gosnell's attorney was so bothered by the case that he felt abortions should be banned after 17 weeks. When you can take a moving crying baby at 20 weeks and have to physically mutilate it to kill it after a botched abortion that in and of itself cries out for human decency to stop this practice. Texas is on the right track.
If you can't make up your mind to abort your child in five months, then you've waited too long, it's probably viable, too bad. To kill your baby then would be teetering on murder.

Of course exceptions should always be made in cases where the pregnancy would be a PHYSICAL threat to the mother's life.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163982 Jul 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You jump to your own conclusions.
I made no threats I do not fight my God's battles for Him. I cannot enforce any judgment. I said nothing about hell. I just know that there is a very real meeting at the end of this life. She and I will both have our day in that courtroom.
If 'meeting her maker' means Senator Davis is not pitched headlong into hell, what do you think the results of that meeting are going to be?

You jump to the conclusion that Gawd disapproves of abortions, when in fact it's never once mentioned in your how-to manual, and Gawd does away with one of every three pregnancies on earth.

Pffft.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163984 Jul 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If 'meeting her maker' means Senator Davis is not pitched headlong into hell, what do you think the results of that meeting are going to be?
You jump to the conclusion that Gawd disapproves of abortions, when in fact it's never once mentioned in your how-to manual, and Gawd does away with one of every three pregnancies on earth.
Pffft.
I said meeting her Maker and I said I too will meet my Maker and be in the very same courtroom. You jump to conclusions. I will be held accountable for every word I speak and every thought I think and every action I commit the same as her. I make no assignments as to her further destiny.

I don't know about Gawd disapproving of abortions but I know God does. God has a right to do whatever He wants with a human life. I don't. No one questions me if I desire to eliminate an ant or an ant hill. There is a far greater gap between mankind and his/their Creator than there is between me and an ant. God made us, God can take us out and make another one just like us.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163985 Jul 1, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If 'meeting her maker' means Senator Davis is not pitched headlong into hell, what do you think the results of that meeting are going to be?
You jump to the conclusion that Gawd disapproves of abortions, when in fact it's never once mentioned in your how-to manual, and Gawd does away with one of every three pregnancies on earth.
Pffft.
Thou Shalt Not Kill.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#163986 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't make up your mind to abort your child in five months, then you've waited too long, it's probably viable, too bad. To kill your baby then would be teetering on murder.
Of course exceptions should always be made in cases where the pregnancy would be a PHYSICAL threat to the mother's life.
Abortion isn't teetering it is murder. A five month preborn baby is viable. A baby as young as 21 weeks and 6 days has survived.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-102...

I agree with your last sentence.
Since the founding of this nation appr. 651,000 military men and women have died in war. http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/memory/statis...

Since Roe v Wade more than 55,700,000 babies have been obliterated.
https://www.google.com/search...
miner49er

Rupert, WV

#163987 Jul 1, 2013
"I would think at the moment of trauma a rape kit is something that adds insult to injury."

Great comment, rapists everywhere thank you for your support.

"Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer. "

Translation: "Don't you women worry yore purty lil' hrads, us big strong menfolk will tell you want's best for you."

"She is guilty as an accessory to murder. No matter how you or this world judges her she will stand before her Maker one day and there will be no excuses."

Your "Maker" has NO PLACE in our Laws and we, the American Peole will kindly ask you to keep your religion out of our government.

Thank You

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163988 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou Shalt Not Kill.
I assume you don't eat? Or bathe? Whole colonies of 'life' are executed every time you step into the shower with a bar of soap. Murderer.

May I also assume you consider your prostate, and what you choose to do with it, to be the purview of Congress?

Please. "Thou shalt not kill" is only important to you as it suits your purposes.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163989 Jul 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"The sky is falling."
Wendy wasted her time, and our tax dollars with her silly "war on women" stunt. I only hope that our Lieutenant Governor, Dippy Dewhurst, does a better job with crowd control tomorrow, when the bill comes back up for its passing vote.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LYgOFqpRIlAXX
I think that ending line was meant for folks like you.
Don't worry, Texas women will be just fine, and safer.
Safer from what? Making a decision of which you don't approve? You have just nullified any argument you may have had with the nanny state, bob.

I only hope her second filibuster is as successful as her first.

Dippy was labeled a 'moderate' 4 years ago, by the hard-line religious types in the Texas Senate, and is now trying not to get crucified in next year's primaries, by taking up the 'abortion-is-murder' gauntlet as a political strategy.

Pfft again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min hojo 683,527
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min bad bob 15,181
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,996
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
Tribute Wife's DDD's! 2 hr Orangestar4189 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 4 hr Mimi 31
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Just Wondering 619,682
More from around the web