|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Miner49 wrote:
"That idiot obama is running around, picking fights with everyone. "
You conservatives said that Saddem gassed his Kurdish citizens so we had to attack Iraq,
Really... you thought that was the only reason?
Miner49 wrote:
why do you have a different standard for Syria?
You do know that Syria isn't a threat to the USA, don't you.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
4) Quietly support the rebels' side with means EXCLUDING American military men and women--at least for now.
Since Options 1 & 2 were clearly unacceptable, and Option 3 would have shown him as a wuss who talks big but does nothing else, he's chosen Option 4.
Don't kid yourself, Miner. He's only arming the rebels because it was the only way he could avoid losing face WITHOUT putting American military in harm's way.
Miner would rather think that barry is committing resources because he actually gives a damn about Syrians.

The truth is that obama's "red line" mega-mouth has forced him into a position where he has to do something, but since he doesn't really care about Syria, or Syrians, it's a minimal committment.

I agree with Sarah Palin... let Allah sort it out. Syria is not our business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Miner49 wrote:
Wait a minute, if Obama was the secret Muslim terrorist the teabaggers say he is wouldn't he already be giving weapons to the Muslim rebels in Syria?
Are you really this stupid, or is it just an act?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Suit yourself Sabu.How bout those Yankees?
At least the Yankees stopped their losing streak at five games... the Rangers just lost their sixth in a row.

Yea, that's better than talking about somebody using play money.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for providing an example of what I'm talking about.
You more than any other poster represent just how much this thread has deteriorated into just another Topix moronathon.
Thank you for providing an excellent example of what you're complaining about.

You might want to stay indoors when it rains... you could drown.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really this stupid, or is it just an act?
Miner 49er might fall somehwere in the vicinity of low information.

1) His critical thinking skills thus far are comprised of: "Obama is good because Bush was bad."
2) He's shown a disturbing lack of curiosity re: the reply button which a monkey would have pushed by now just to see what happens.
3) location, location, location - take me home, West Virginia.

Working in his favor though is his ability to find his way back here. The really stupid ones get lost.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I drop by to see how low the thread can go once in a while; seems to me the lowlight (and, sadly, highlight) of the last couple of weeks has been a birther telling a truther they're crazy.
The only thing I'm disillusioned with, Roberta, are the regular posters in this thread. This is no longer a discussion; opposition views are nothing more than cues.
"the regulars..... the regulars."

BREAKING NEWS TO WILLIE:
There aren't enough "regulars posters" in here to play a game badminton.
===

Let me see if I'm getting the rest of it right.

The transformation of a Topix FORUM (from the good ole days) has your shorts tangled up and you have a compulsion to tell us you're "disillusioned" making conversation about topics like Obama's efforts to fundamentally transform the NATION not possible because posters on here won't discuss it using your strict guidelines.

Someday I'll explain to you what "nuts" means.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where I said people here don't have the ability to discuss, or admit you're just a liar.
I read where you called 3 of the rrrrrregulars in here "stupid" within about a 10 day window. Where I come from telling somone they're STUPID is an undeniable assault on their ability to discuss.

Try my method. Call them "doofus" or "dipsie doodle" or "Bozo" or "low information" instead, like I do with Catcher.
He's never insulted cause he keeps coming back for more!

I found out the other day he'll even come when I whistle!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
You more than any other poster represent just how much this thread has deteriorated into just another Topix moronathon.
HEY HEY!

I resent that.
Miner49

Webster Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

"Wait a minute, if Obama was the secret Muslim terrorist the teabaggers say he is wouldn't he already be giving weapons to the Muslim rebels in Syria?
Are you really this stupid, or is it just an act?"

Bobin, Reagan supplied the Afghan Muslim rebels with small arms and munitions including tons of C4 and Stinger man-portable SAMs that have been used against American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If Obama was truly supporting terrorists he would aid the Muslim rebels like Reagan did.

It seems Obama is a little wiser than Reagan when it comes to arming our enemies...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Miner49 wrote:
"Wait a minute, if Obama was the secret Muslim terrorist the teabaggers say he is wouldn't he already be giving weapons to the Muslim rebels in Syria?
Bobin, Reagan supplied the Afghan Muslim rebels with small arms and munitions including tons of C4 and Stinger man-portable SAMs that have been used against American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If Obama was truly supporting terrorists he would aid the Muslim rebels like Reagan did.
It seems Obama is a little wiser than Reagan when it comes to arming our enemies...
Would you like to play WHEEL OF FORTUNE?

L-W
INF-RMATI-N
V-TER

Buy a vowel!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I drop by to see how low the thread can go once in a while; seems to me the lowlight (and, sadly, highlight) of the last couple of weeks has been a birther telling a truther they're crazy.
You have the potential to figure out a way to INITIATE discussions
in here, or join in existing ones without insulting lead-ins. Yet
so far, you just can't bring yourself to do that. Yer one of the thread pioneers man. Why follow the Donner Party.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I'm disillusioned with, Roberta, are the regular posters in this thread. This is no longer a discussion; opposition views are nothing more than cues.
The ONLY thing? Really Wilson? Are you so Chris-Matthews invested in Obama and liberalism that yer not disillusioned with the administrations' downward spiral of the last few weeks? Hell even Matthews complained about it a couple weeks ago.

Humor's a universal language, Cap'n. Instead of poring thru archives looking for "chessmates", like Hippo, or trying to find SOME remnant of integrity for your electee, you can always change the subject. Or you can join the majority in condemning the lack of leadership Obama has shown.

Nah, you can but you won't.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the potential to figure out a way to INITIATE discussions
in here, or join in existing ones without insulting lead-ins. Yet
so far, you just can't bring yourself to do that. Yer one of the thread pioneers man. Why follow the Donner Party.
<quoted text>
The ONLY thing? Really Wilson? Are you so Chris-Matthews invested in Obama and liberalism that yer not disillusioned with the administrations' downward spiral of the last few weeks? Hell even Matthews complained about it a couple weeks ago.
Humor's a universal language, Cap'n. Instead of poring thru archives looking for "chessmates", like Hippo, or trying to find SOME remnant of integrity for your electee, you can always change the subject. Or you can join the majority in condemning the lack of leadership Obama has shown.
Nah, you can but you won't.
I just don't understand the lack of integrity. If Obama did something I agreed with I said so. It hasn't been anything lately but I agreed with Bush on the patriot act and I agree with Obama. I find his motives suspect is all. I was quick to say Hillary worked hard, not realizing until later that she worked hard at something else that she should have been against.
Why make the so called disillusionment about the posters. If you don't give a rats patootie for them why does it matter. Apparently it didn't matter for 6 years and I know that not much has changed because I've been here five. The only thing that changed is the president.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:

Well, Willie, I HAVE missed you very much and I'm very, very glad to see you again. But, hey--if the company you keep here is not to your liking, I for one won't stand between you and the door.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

The Family Obama has toned down their upcoming trip to Africa. Final costs are still being tallied but they have cancelled their plans to include a safari..... which is very, very GOOD. Evidently if an elephant got too close to the leader of the free world, the Secret Service would be compelled to shoot it.

I wonder if he'll sport a pith helmet.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Miner49 wrote:
Hold on a minute here.

While it's possible that some of the armaments/munitions supplied by Americans (with matching Saudi funds through Pakistan to the 'Mujaheddin' have been used against our forces in the conflicts we've been involved in over the past 13 years, the majority of them were depleted in the two years of civil war after the Russians pulled out, the years of infighting between the 'Mujaheddin', and in the losing conflict against the Taliban.

As to whether Obama is taking a wise course ... that's debatable at best. I worry that he may have waited too long, so long in fact that radical Islamic elements have taken over (or in a position to take over) the Syrian opposition.

I'm not sure you can compare the decision by Obama with the decision by Reagan in the first place, because there is no Cold War going on right now. Reagan's decision was made primarily to hurt the Russians, and the only effective way he could do that effectively was to delegate to Pakistan who received the aid.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I read where you called 3 of the rrrrrregulars in here "stupid" within about a 10 day window. Where I come from telling somone they're STUPID is an undeniable assault on their ability to discuss. The really stupid ones get lost.
Try my method. Call them "doofus" or "dipsie doodle" or "Bozo" or "low information" instead, like I do with Catcher.
He's never insulted cause he keeps coming back for more!
I found out the other day he'll even come when I whistle!
Which, I'm guessing, is every time you sit down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Miner would rather think that barry is committing resources because he actually gives a damn about Syrians.
The truth is that obama's "red line" mega-mouth has forced him into a position where he has to do something, but since he doesn't really care about Syria, or Syrians, it's a minimal committment.
I agree with Sarah Palin... let Allah sort it out. Syria is not our business.
I agree with you AND Sarah Palin ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
The Family Obama has toned down their upcoming trip to Africa. Final costs are still being tallied but they have cancelled their plans to include a safari..... which is very, very GOOD. Evidently if an elephant got too close to the leader of the free world, the Secret Service would be compelled to shoot it.
I wonder if he'll sport a pith helmet.
Sure, as long as American taxpayers pay for it.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Hold on a minute here.
While it's possible that some of the armaments/munitions supplied by Americans (with matching Saudi funds through Pakistan to the 'Mujaheddin' have been used against our forces in the conflicts we've been involved in over the past 13 years, the majority of them were depleted in the two years of civil war after the Russians pulled out, the years of infighting between the 'Mujaheddin', and in the losing conflict against the Taliban.
As to whether Obama is taking a wise course ... that's debatable at best. I worry that he may have waited too long, so long in fact that radical Islamic elements have taken over (or in a position to take over) the Syrian opposition.
I'm not sure you can compare the decision by Obama with the decision by Reagan in the first place, because there is no Cold War going on right now. Reagan's decision was made primarily to hurt the Russians, and the only effective way he could do that effectively was to delegate to Pakistan who received the aid.
It wasn't reagan. It was Texas congressman Charlie wilson who waged the covert war on russia. That is if you believe what was in the movie. I know, suspect source, but that's the way they put it.
You're right that they did use much of the munitions during the conflict. That war was over in '87, a long time to hold on to weaponry. They may have used the rest against the taliban, or to take out habib across the valley for using too much grazing land.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Ratloder 117,897
Is ISIS God's Army Sent to Punish the Wicked? 9 min Doctor REALITY 3
ferguson and the real race war 12 min Bev Jamison 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min Doctor REALITY 2,249
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 19 min Doctor REALITY 1,446
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Susie D 730,936
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Doctor REALITY 94,428
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min hojo 537,435
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 259,396
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 15 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••