Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#163482 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
"That idiot obama is running around, picking fights with everyone. "
No, the conservatives, led by both former Repub Presidential candidates, demanded action.
You conservatives said that Saddem gassed his Kurdish citizens so we had to attack Iraq, why do you have a different standard for Syria?
Why do YOU?

OBAMA is the one who drew that famous red line that he's now been forced to admit that Bashar al-Assad has crossed by using chemical weapons. That left him with two or three options:

1) Publicly support al-Assad's side with means including but not limited to American military men & women

2) Publicly support the rebels' side with means including but not limited to American military men & women

3) Do nothing at all, except maybe more lip service

4) Quietly support the rebels' side with means EXCLUDING American military men and women--at least for now.

Since Options 1 & 2 were clearly unacceptable, and Option 3 would have shown him as a wuss who talks big but does nothing else, he's chosen Option 4.

Don't kid yourself, Miner. He's only arming the rebels because it was the only way he could avoid losing face WITHOUT putting American military in harm's way.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163483 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
No, the conservatives, led by both former Repub Presidential candidates, demanded action.
You conservatives said that Saddem gassed his Kurdish citizens so we had to attack Iraq, why do you have a different standard for Syria?
http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal...

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#163484 Jun 16, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe its the wolf population that's controlled utilizing the helicopter hunts,not weasels.
Sarah doesn't give a shit. She'll shoot anything,'cept maybe vacillating voters.
Back in'10, there was serious talk of Alaska sececeding from the Union. Turned out to be only talk, but they were discussing 'Nationalizing' the oil, asnd natural resources, gold, timber, and seafoods. The only drawback was that russia was just a stone's throw from our shores. Last I heard, they deemed it too big a gamble.
Would have been interesting to see what kind of currency they might have come up with. Last time they did it, we ended up with Plastic coins, in different colors no less. No matter the color, they were all One dollar value. Heck, I was just glad they didn't use clam shells.(heh. Not true. That was my dad's line.)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#163485 Jun 16, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah doesn't give a shit. She'll shoot anything,'cept maybe vacillating voters.
Back in'10, there was serious talk of Alaska sececeding from the Union. Turned out to be only talk, but they were discussing 'Nationalizing' the oil, asnd natural resources, gold, timber, and seafoods. The only drawback was that russia was just a stone's throw from our shores. Last I heard, they deemed it too big a gamble.
Would have been interesting to see what kind of currency they might have come up with. Last time they did it, we ended up with Plastic coins, in different colors no less. No matter the color, they were all One dollar value. Heck, I was just glad they didn't use clam shells.(heh. Not true. That was my dad's line.)
OK, figuring out the connection is going to be quite the exercise in linear thinking.
Miner49

Rupert, WV

#163487 Jun 16, 2013
"He's only arming the rebels because it was the only way he could avoid losing face WITHOUT putting American military in harm's way."

Wait a minute, if Obama was the secret Muslim terrorist the teabaggers say he is wouldn't he already be giving weapons to the Muslim rebels in Syria?

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#163488 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Lis.
I think Hip's sour ramblings lately mean he's suffering a bit of the same disillusionment that's keeping Willie away.
I drop by to see how low the thread can go once in a while; seems to me the lowlight (and, sadly, highlight) of the last couple of weeks has been a birther telling a truther they're crazy.

The only thing I'm disillusioned with, Roberta, are the regular posters in this thread. This is no longer a discussion; opposition views are nothing more than cues.

Location hidden

#163489 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
"He's only arming the rebels because it was the only way he could avoid losing face WITHOUT putting American military in harm's way."
Wait a minute, if Obama was the secret Muslim terrorist the teabaggers say he is wouldn't he already be giving weapons to the Muslim rebels in Syria?
Grow up

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#163490 Jun 16, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, figuring out the connection is going to be quite the exercise in linear thinking.
Used it as an opportunity to start a new discussion. If ya ain't bright enough to see that, then ya ain't the one to start the dialog with.

Location hidden

#163491 Jun 16, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Used it as an opportunity to start a new discussion. If ya ain't bright enough to see that, then ya ain't the one to start the dialog with.
Suit yourself Sabu.How bout those Yankees?
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#163492 Jun 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I drop by to see how low the thread can go once in a while; seems to me the lowlight (and, sadly, highlight) of the last couple of weeks has been a birther telling a truther they're crazy.
The only thing I'm disillusioned with, Roberta, are the regular posters in this thread. This is no longer a discussion; opposition views are nothing more than cues.
Do you get alot of rain in your nostrils with your nose pointed in that direction?

Lafayette IN

#163493 Jun 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Do you get alot of rain in your nostrils with your nose pointed in that direction?
Thank you for providing an example of what I'm talking about.

You more than any other poster represent just how much this thread has deteriorated into just another Topix moronathon.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#163494 Jun 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for providing an example of what I'm talking about.
You more than any other poster represent just how much this thread has deteriorated into just another Topix moronathon.
You're a snob Willie and a jealous one too. you can't stand not being in the limelight. The truth is (if you have the courage to acknowledge it) is you are not always right, in fact often not close. It would be refreshing to hear some humility from you but hey it ain't going to happen. I can live with that, but don't try to elevate yourself by saying none of us have the ability to discuss. We are doing fine with or without you.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#163495 Jun 16, 2013
Oh yes and I'm only the worst because I'm not going to put up with your ego.

Lafayette IN

#163496 Jun 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're a snob Willie and a jealous one too. you can't stand not being in the limelight. The truth is (if you have the courage to acknowledge it) is you are not always right, in fact often not close. It would be refreshing to hear some humility from you but hey it ain't going to happen. I can live with that, but don't try to elevate yourself by saying none of us have the ability to discuss. We are doing fine with or without you.
Show me where I said people here don't have the ability to discuss, or admit you're just a liar.

I mean, I've only been here for, what, going on six years? Jeez, even I could have figured it out long ago if I was going to make that claim.

That's not what I said. You're superimposing a couple of your worn out overused narratives on my post, which is pretty much all you seem to do anymore.

Like I said - a perfect example of what I was talking about.

Lafayette IN

#163497 Jun 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
Oh yes and I'm only the worst because I'm not going to put up with your ego.
this is obviously about SOMEONE's ego ... me thinks thou doth protest too much.

(Please spare me a smarmy quote correction, which usually comes from someone who gets all huffy if such a trivial thing is directed at them, m'kay?)

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163498 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
You conservatives said that Saddem gassed his Kurdish citizens so we had to attack Iraq,
Really... you thought that was the only reason?
Miner49 wrote:
why do you have a different standard for Syria?
You do know that Syria isn't a threat to the USA, don't you.

Location hidden

#163499 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
4) Quietly support the rebels' side with means EXCLUDING American military men and women--at least for now.
Since Options 1 & 2 were clearly unacceptable, and Option 3 would have shown him as a wuss who talks big but does nothing else, he's chosen Option 4.
Don't kid yourself, Miner. He's only arming the rebels because it was the only way he could avoid losing face WITHOUT putting American military in harm's way.
Miner would rather think that barry is committing resources because he actually gives a damn about Syrians.

The truth is that obama's "red line" mega-mouth has forced him into a position where he has to do something, but since he doesn't really care about Syria, or Syrians, it's a minimal committment.

I agree with Sarah Palin... let Allah sort it out. Syria is not our business.

Location hidden

#163500 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
Are you really this stupid, or is it just an act?

Location hidden

#163501 Jun 16, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Suit yourself Sabu.How bout those Yankees?
At least the Yankees stopped their losing streak at five games... the Rangers just lost their sixth in a row.

Yea, that's better than talking about somebody using play money.

Location hidden

#163502 Jun 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for providing an example of what I'm talking about.
Thank you for providing an excellent example of what you're complaining about.

You might want to stay indoors when it rains... you could drown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Paul Porter1 442,459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Rosesz 582,714
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Karma is a_______ 825,451
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Paul Porter1 611,777
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Paul Porter1 191
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 1 hr Paul Porter1 70,121
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr courteous europhobe 121,616
More from around the web