Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#163191 Jun 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well we all know how GREEDY Verizon has always been in comparison to all other wireless carriers, so maybe " big red " is picking up some extra dough from the goverment.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Could be. But my thinking is what do we not know? This would be a place for someone to call me paranoid but I bet its not only Verizon.
And apparently you're right too, Chris. But I don't doubt that Verizon was particularly greedy. My husband and I used Verizon for several years, then when we had a chance around three years ago we dumped them. AT&T ain't exactly perfect, but I've never regretted dumping Verizon.

Location hidden

#163192 Jun 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not lately, though! GWB has had his name batted around less in the past few weeks, than in the past 5 years. Obama will always look to pass the buck for his failures and ineptitude because that's the type of man he is but even he knows he can't lay this mess on Bush. I give Obama credit though. He got alot of mileage out of the Blame Bush Routine. It's was a masterful diversion.

But it's time now for Barry to put on his big boy pants and at least try to play the lead. He got this job because he pretended he was qualified and a whole bunch of people bought off on that. Now he needs to pretend he isn't the rank amateur I know him to be and at least try to act presidential until his term ends.
Lyndi, he doesn't have amateur status anymore. He's now a PROFESSIONAL lousy, corrupt, absolutely disastrous president.

Location hidden

#163193 Jun 7, 2013
HipGnozizzzzz wrote:
<quoted text> How was your nap, Mr. VanWinkle? I think it was USA Today who had the scoop on this subject.....in 2006. And it was discussed in this very thread in '08. Like I said when ya'll were defending it then, "Let's see how you like it when the "other guys" are in power."
And here we are.
Hip, don't blame Chris for having been absolutely right.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#163194 Jun 7, 2013
HipGnozizzzzz wrote:
<quoted text> How was your nap, Mr. VanWinkle? I think it was USA Today who had the scoop on this subject.....in 2006. And it was discussed in this very thread in '08. Like I said when ya'll were defending it then, "Let's see how you like it when the "other guys" are in power."
And here we are.
I never had a problem with things done under the Patriot Act and still don't IF the surveillance is to protect us from terrorists. But as you recall Obama made scathing statements about it in 2005. Now I can see the change of mind once you become president, your eyes get opened, but in 2011 Obama declared terrorists were on the run and the war was all but over. Now the hypocrisy of all of this wouldn't bother me either if I thought this really was about protection from terror. I believe it is Obama protecting himself from naysayers. I think the AP prosecution was about him being mad at Fox for exposing him. So I totally want him to protect us from terrorists, but I wonder who is going to protect us from him.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#163195 Jun 7, 2013
Just a prediction. Remember when they were saying that disability checks from social security were dramatically rising? Well in the next few months I believe we will see a report that the numbers are down dramatically. That would mean Obama fixed this right? Well my husband receives disability from social security. That has just changed. He gets his check, same amount but they are calling it something else. It's called "crunching the numbers."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163196 Jun 7, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I never had a problem with things done under the Patriot Act and still don't IF the surveillance is to protect us from terrorists. But as you recall Obama made scathing statements about it in 2005. Now I can see the change of mind once you become president, your eyes get opened, but in 2011 Obama declared terrorists were on the run and the war was all but over. Now the hypocrisy of all of this wouldn't bother me either if I thought this really was about protection from terror. I believe it is Obama protecting himself from naysayers. I think the AP prosecution was about him being mad at Fox for exposing him. So I totally want him to protect us from terrorists, but I wonder who is going to protect us from him.
Really good post, lis!

I wish someone would explain to these Obama supporters that those two administrations are not comparable. Bush was a moderate-ish republican with experience in governing and business and as payback they dug up out of the blue an unqualified, inexperienced candidate who had never governed and didn't know the first thing about business. He was THE furthest left senator we had which can be verified by looking at his voting record and they actually expected that to work?
Obama lol- keeps saying, "the republicans are trying to block my plans!" Well, no kidding Barry. What did you and Soros think was going to happen? Did you think they'd just roll over for you?

Asking reublicans to come to the table and work with Obama would be like asking democrats to work with Todd Akin.
When there's no middle ground, there's no place to meet.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#163197 Jun 7, 2013
HipGnozizzzzz wrote:
And here we are.
And I posted the very words I spoke to my pop when I got on a plane in April 2002. Let me refresh it for you. We still had military police in every U.S airport and just a few months into this I was very concerned about it. I knew at some point what was started in the gov would never end. In fact my pop and I didn't agree as his thinking was we needed to take extraordinary measures to keep such an event for happening again. But what is going on now is on another level. Just don't have time to get into it but from what I've been hearing on PRISM its time to get real.

Clearwater, FL

#163198 Jun 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The NY Times has it wrong. Obama hasn't lost credibility. He never had any credibility.
In 2009 I thought it was best to say little. My hope was after the left lost so many seats in 2010 Pres Obama would shift center like Clinton did. Its clear as I just listened to him yet again speak lies and lecture the nation nothing matters to him. This man is sick in the head with power.

Obama:'Nobody Is Listening to Your Telephone Calls'

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-nob...

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#163199 Jun 7, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I never had a problem with things done under the Patriot Act and still don't IF the surveillance is to protect us from terrorists. But as you recall Obama made scathing statements about it in 2005. Now I can see the change of mind once you become president, your eyes get opened, but in 2011 Obama declared terrorists were on the run and the war was all but over. Now the hypocrisy of all of this wouldn't bother me either if I thought this really was about protection from terror. I believe it is Obama protecting himself from naysayers. I think the AP prosecution was about him being mad at Fox for exposing him. So I totally want him to protect us from terrorists, but I wonder who is going to protect us from him.
I think much is exposed in the body of this post. First off, mixing the AP leaks with Fox demonstrates a vague understanding of the details in play, which of course are not important to the cat's choir - the fun is all in the hunt.

I know you'ns need to keep your "sides" clear and sacrosanct, but the fact is I don't care for this application of the Patriot Act anymore than the previous admin's overreaches, which you either don't recall or rationalize away as "true-blue fighting terrorism". I don't have to find ways to rationalize one because he was a "good guy" and condemn the other because he's a "bad guy". The Patriot Act was and is an affront to liberty, then as now. The principles of liberty don't change by the party at the reins, for me anyway. The Patriot Act was just another of a series of over-reactions of a once powerful nation curling up in a ball and squealing in fright because of a sucker punch. It's foolish and hypocritical to act all aghast now, with the >only< difference being that your party is out of power.

“The future begins”

every moment

#163200 Jun 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
And I posted the very words I spoke to my pop when I got on a plane in April 2002. Let me refresh it for you. We still had military police in every U.S airport and just a few months into this I was very concerned about it. I knew at some point what was started in the gov would never end. In fact my pop and I didn't agree as his thinking was we needed to take extraordinary measures to keep such an event for happening again. But what is going on now is on another level. Just don't have time to get into it but from what I've been hearing on PRISM its time to get real.
I still don't see any difference here than the same hypocrisies about "fiscal responsibility" and "big gov't" that didn't arise until, oh, about 2009.
Expert

Redding, CA

#163201 Jun 7, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't see any difference here than the same hypocrisies about "fiscal responsibility" and "big gov't" that didn't arise until, oh, about 2009.
I see a big difference on how the media viewed it in 2009.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#163202 Jun 7, 2013
Here I thought this thread had faded away, like the Republican Party.

Somehow I had taken it off my "tracker," so I didn't know anybody had posted.

Do you others rely on the tracker to check posts?

Are there better ways? Little tricks?

I am slow to adapt to the electronic age, but I have told myself that it's important to make the effort.

“The future begins”

every moment

#163203 Jun 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Here I thought this thread had faded away, like the Republican Party.
Somehow I had taken it off my "tracker," so I didn't know anybody had posted.
Do you others rely on the tracker to check posts?
Are there better ways? Little tricks?
I am slow to adapt to the electronic age, but I have told myself that it's important to make the effort.
I don't use the tracker, I generally just load the Top Stories page and see what's going on out there. Depending on who's posted last, one can pretty much predict the flow...

Location hidden

#163204 Jun 7, 2013
lisw wrote:
Just a prediction. Remember when they were saying that disability checks from social security were dramatically rising? Well in the next few months I believe we will see a report that the numbers are down dramatically. That would mean Obama fixed this right? Well my husband receives disability from social security. That has just changed. He gets his check, same amount but they are calling it something else. It's called "crunching the numbers."
I'd call it "a politically-correct attempt at camouflage," myself.

This was a terrific post, Lis, and so was the one immediately before it :)

Clearwater, FL

#163205 Jun 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
Yep. Its a game but nothing can change the truth.

Clearwater, FL

#163206 Jun 8, 2013
Expert wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a big difference on how the media viewed it in 2009.
Bingo.

Clearwater, FL

#163207 Jun 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well we all know how GREEDY Verizon has always been in comparison to all other wireless carriers, so maybe " big red " is picking up some extra dough from the goverment.
<quoted text>
And apparently you're right too, Chris. But I don't doubt that Verizon was particularly greedy. My husband and I used Verizon for several years, then when we had a chance around three years ago we dumped them. AT&T ain't exactly perfect, but I've never regretted dumping Verizon.
Yes. I've been quite busy and didn't get a chance to hear the news. But from the quick looks I did get this is beyond anything Nixon could have dreamed of. My prayer is more see it. Its hard to if you are from the U.S.A. But my friend from Venezuela saw this in Obama when he was first elected.

Clearwater, FL

#163209 Jun 8, 2013
NSA Whistleblower: The Government Is Still Telling You an ‘Outright Lie’ About Its Spying Programs

And yes Hip. This goes across 2 admin. It was wrong under Bush, its wrong now. God help us.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/07/th...
lisw

Carroll, OH

#163210 Jun 8, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I think much is exposed in the body of this post. First off, mixing the AP leaks with Fox demonstrates a vague understanding of the details in play, which of course are not important to the cat's choir - the fun is all in the hunt.
I know you'ns need to keep your "sides" clear and sacrosanct, but the fact is I don't care for this application of the Patriot Act anymore than the previous admin's overreaches, which you either don't recall or rationalize away as "true-blue fighting terrorism". I don't have to find ways to rationalize one because he was a "good guy" and condemn the other because he's a "bad guy". The Patriot Act was and is an affront to liberty, then as now. The principles of liberty don't change by the party at the reins, for me anyway. The Patriot Act was just another of a series of over-reactions of a once powerful nation curling up in a ball and squealing in fright because of a sucker punch. It's foolish and hypocritical to act all aghast now, with the >only< difference being that your party is out of power.
Oh brother. Do you ever read what you write?
lisw

Carroll, OH

#163211 Jun 8, 2013
I should clarify Hip because it won't be clear to you. You are the one carrying the banner against personal attacks and yet your first sentence portrays me and anyone who disagrees with you as mere thugs looking to get the president. We don't have any real reason for our beliefs just thuggery according to you.
You believe that the patriot act is wrong under both presidents, I believe it is right under both. The recent problems with the IRS etc have only shown that the two presidents tend to use that information differently.
Now why is your belief somehow more noble than mine? I believe that a great deal of snobbery goes into it quite frankly, and it's getting boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 692,060
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Exposing Devil Lies 619,843
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 27 min Exposing Devil Lies 440
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 31 min Bongo 46,791
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 32 min yidfellas hate USA 4,412
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min USS LIBERTY 990,686
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 43 min USS LIBERTY 3
More from around the web