Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#163130 Jun 4, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately for the Bush narrative, there was no 'convenient swamp' in Pennsylvania, in which to disappear a commercial jet... it was an open, freaking, FIELD.
But carry on...
Kat, I really am glad you're okay and you're back. But I gotta say, this post is one of the meanest, dumbest things posted by a regular in here in a long, long time.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#163131 Jun 4, 2013
Bush was tough, but unfortunately too misguided.

Location hidden

#163132 Jun 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and technology cannot always overcome peoples beliefs in myths.

Cold weather makes you sick.
Sugar turns kids into little monsters.
Reading in the dark ruins your eyesight.
Sitting too close to the TV ruins your eyesight.
You should wait an hour after eating before you go swimming.

All myths, disproved by science, but still believed by many.
People will believe whatever they want to believe, Bob, and they will see whatever they want and/or expect to see. That's why some people believe that 9-11-01 was an inside job, some believe that HIV was developed to kill blacks and some people still believe that Elvis is alive.

A few people will be exceptions to that, but around 90% will see what they want, believe what they want, regardless of the actual evidence. I began to realize that during my years of working in retail. You could tell a customer "No, that item is not on sale, it's full price" or "I'M CLOSED--SEE MY REGISTER SIGN, IT SAYS 'CLOSED' DOESN'T IT" and they STILL won't believe you.

Location hidden

#163133 Jun 4, 2013
King of Sheba wrote:
Welcome, King. This thread's been running for at least six years and the regulars here don't talk about Bush much anymore. The focus is usually on current events :)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163134 Jun 4, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference is yer still SQUAWAKKIN' about it a dozen years AFTER the event.
<quoted text>
That'd be stupid. Tourettes gives me an excuse to cuss at dingbats like you.
<shrug, horse laff, Italian fungu gesture, pelvic thrust, besame culo, jerk-off gesture, high 5, flap arms, loud belch>
So bob - If Obama manages to get a third term (something many senators have proposed changing the Constitution to allow)
Will you still be bitching about it 12 years later???

My guess is, you would be bitching about it 24 years later....
I know I would.

The fact is, things having happened 'in the past', doesn't mean they didn't happen, bob.

*sashay*

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163135 Jun 4, 2013
King of Sheba wrote:
At least President Bush knew what was going on in his adminstration, and he took responsibility for whatever happened.

obama, he don't know nuttin'... and, according to barry, everything bad is somebody else's fault.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163136 Jun 4, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Kat, I really am glad you're okay and you're back. But I gotta say, this post is one of the meanest, dumbest things posted by a regular in here in a long, long time.
Thanks for the welcome, Roberta.

The plane crashed in a field (not in a swamp) and disappeared.

That's the official story, although the parenthetical is my addition.

Is the FBI 'mean' and 'dumb' for including those aspects of the crash in the official reports?

Location hidden

#163137 Jun 4, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome, King. This thread's been running for at least six years and the regulars here don't talk about Bush much anymore. The focus is usually on current events :)
Well thank you very kindly. Don't be fooled by the king spiel. I am actually quite a humble individual. The king of Sheba is simply to honor a pet named Sheba.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#163138 Jun 4, 2013
It seems to me that an awful lot of people decided that there is something wrong with the Republican Party, even republicans. I don't understand that. Democrats lost twice to Bush and noone said there was something wrong with the democratic party. Now we know there were alot of surreptitious things that gave Obama an edge, targeting of conservative groups, targeting of conservative donors. There were also downright criminal activities, including voting several times for which one lady in cincinnati got 6 years in jail. Then there were the perfectly legal ways of pursuading voters like having polls open on Sunday and bussing congregants to the polls with just a little bug in their ear that they ought to vote for Obama. And yet Obama didn't win in a landslide.

Location hidden

#163139 Jun 4, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>People will believe whatever they want to believe, Bob, and they will see whatever they want and/or expect to see. That's why some people believe that 9-11-01 was an inside job, some believe that HIV was developed to kill blacks and some people still believe that Elvis is alive.
What are you saying... Elvis isn't alive?
Roberta G wrote:
A few people will be exceptions to that, but around 90% will see what they want, believe what they want, regardless of the actual evidence. I began to realize that during my years of working in retail. You could tell a customer "No, that item is not on sale, it's full price" or "I'M CLOSED--SEE MY REGISTER SIGN, IT SAYS 'CLOSED' DOESN'T IT" and they STILL won't believe you.
I, for one, believe that the birth certificate that obama has posted on the whitehouse.gov has been proven to be a complete fake, and a very bad fake at that. Why obama would post a bogus birth certificate, only he knows the answer to that.

Location hidden

#163140 Jun 4, 2013
lisw wrote:
It seems to me that an awful lot of people decided that there is something wrong with the Republican Party, even republicans. I don't understand that. Democrats lost twice to Bush and noone said there was something wrong with the democratic party. Now we know there were alot of surreptitious things that gave Obama an edge, targeting of conservative groups, targeting of conservative donors. There were also downright criminal activities, including voting several times for which one lady in cincinnati got 6 years in jail. Then there were the perfectly legal ways of pursuading voters like having polls open on Sunday and bussing congregants to the polls with just a little bug in their ear that they ought to vote for Obama. And yet Obama didn't win in a landslide.
Don't forget those folks that SantaBarry made dependent on the feds for their handouts. Obamaphone anyone? Foodstamps? Free obamacare? 20 years of unemployment or S.S Disability?

Location hidden

#163141 Jun 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying... Elvis isn't alive?
<quoted text>
I, for one, believe that the birth certificate that obama has posted on the whitehouse.gov has been proven to be a complete fake, and a very bad fake at that. Why obama would post a bogus birth certificate, only he knows the answer to that.
You have an obvious ax to grind with Obama. If there was anything to the possibility that his birth certificate was a fake, his opposition would have jumped all over his bowel movements long ago. It seems like you believe something that most of his opposition in Congress doesn't believe. While I speak this way, I am not exactly a supporter of Obama. I would be better categorized as being more opposed to his opposition.

Location hidden

#163142 Jun 4, 2013
<quoted text>Thanks for the welcome, Roberta.
The plane crashed in a field (not in a swamp) and disappeared.
That's the official story, although the parenthetical is my addition.
Is the FBI 'mean' and 'dumb' for including those aspects of the crash in the official reports?
Except it didn't disappear, Kat. That's where the wreckage came from.

Location hidden

#163143 Jun 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget those folks that SantaBarry made dependent on the feds for their handouts. Obamaphone anyone? Foodstamps? Free obamacare? 20 years of unemployment or S.S Disability?
I am not Obama's biggest booster, but doesn't that sound slightly exaggerated?

Location hidden

#163144 Jun 4, 2013
King of Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank you very kindly. Don't be fooled by the king spiel. I am actually quite a humble individual. The king of Sheba is simply to honor a pet named Sheba.
A very dearly loved pet, I'm sure :) I don't think anyone will have a problem with your nick, King. EVERYONE here has seen way wilder nicks than yours!

Location hidden

#163145 Jun 4, 2013
Folks, I think I'm outta here for the night. Please don't kill each other until I can stay awake long enough to watch.

Location hidden

#163146 Jun 4, 2013
King of Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>I am not Obama's biggest booster, but doesn't that sound slightly exaggerated?
Not a bit... obamaphones, foodstamps, free obamacare, unemployment, S.S Disability... all increased significantly under obama.

Location hidden

#163147 Jun 4, 2013
King of Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>You have an obvious ax to grind with Obama. If there was anything to the possibility that his birth certificate was a fake, his opposition would have jumped all over his bowel movements long ago. It seems like you believe something that most of his opposition in Congress doesn't believe. While I speak this way, I am not exactly a supporter of Obama. I would be better categorized as being more opposed to his opposition.
I can provide many, many sites with graphics experts that can show the many discrepancies with barry's document... can you provide even ONE site that can disprove those discrepancies, proving that it's legit?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163148 Jun 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I can provide many, many sites with graphics experts that can show the many discrepancies with barry's document... can you provide even ONE site that can disprove those discrepancies, proving that it's legit?
You're still trying imo to market a subject that doesn't have mass appeal. The "where was Obama REALLY born" and "the birth certificate he provided is fake" thing has been tried, tested, and put on every shelf for Americans to buy and it simply doesn't sell. It gathers dust, just sits there and even in fancy new packaging, you can't give it away. I think you could uncover a photograph of Obama's mother coming out of a Kenyan hospital carrying in her arms newborn baby Barry with a wristband on his arm identifying him and it wouldn't sell.

Look back at Clinton. The more that was uncovered about his antics right up to the eureka moment of "OMG, SHE SAVED THE BLUE DRESS!" the higher his likeability ratings rose. Perjury? Didn't matter. People liked him more and you'd have to ask a psychiatrist why that is but that's the way it played out.

The American people have been exposed and overexposed to the possibility he's not an American born citizen and they simply don't care. And you and Donald Trump and whoever else can keep trying to make people care by hammering away and looking for that silver bullet that's going to magically oust him from office and people still won't care. Besides, they'd despise you more for discovering it and love him more because you discovered it. Then what?

This birther thing is just another example I think of where the republican party errs. They latch onto subject matter which only gets applause and cheering from it's own supporters.
The secret to winning elections is simple.
You have to get the other side to applaud.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#163149 Jun 5, 2013
<quoted text>So bob - If Obama manages to get a third term (something many senators have proposed changing the Constitution to allow)
Will you still be bitching about it 12 years later???
My guess is, you would be bitching about it 24 years later....
I know I would.
The fact is, things having happened 'in the past', doesn't mean they didn't happen, bob.
*sashay*
The further away from the event, the less chance the event has of being resolved with finality and to everyones satisfaction.

The "mysterious" deaths of JFK, Marilyn Monore, King Tut, Princess Diana, moving onto Roswell, the cause of hysteria that prompted the Salem Witch Trials, Nostradamus, Elvis is alive, the Apollo moon landing never happened, 9/11, The Boston Strangler, the Boston Massacre, The Lindbergh baby kidnapping and blah, blah blah- will all go on into infinity.
It's a never-ending whizzing contest and any lengthy or involved discussion of such subjects belongs on those topic specific forums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min PadMark 685,771
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Aura Mytha 26,440
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 1 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web