“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163026 May 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe you have some sort of sixth sense. I'm serious. I know how much that area means to you and when you feel that way I think you have a connection others don't.
You think it was seen only in my "mind's eye" and was not actually
there physically? It's possible, but (wow) for a mirage, that was
SOME vision.

I didn't stop at the time because I figured it was just a model. But I think I can find the location, and I'd sure like to ask the business owner if he/she remembers it.
:-)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163027 May 31, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks/states know how to handle their priorities...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mountain
Thanx for the link. Hadn't ever heard of that one b4. Heard of Stone Mtn, but not the carving.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#163028 May 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it was seen only in my "mind's eye" and was not actually
there physically? It's possible, but (wow) for a mirage, that was
SOME vision.
I didn't stop at the time because I figured it was just a model. But I think I can find the location, and I'd sure like to ask the business owner if he/she remembers it.
:-)
I'm not saying you're nuts or anything, I'm just thinking that's a mighty big model.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163030 May 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying you're nuts or anything, I'm just thinking that's a mighty big model.
Oh it's quite all right Lis, I AM.

Did a virtual tour (satellite) of the Black Hills about 2 hrs ago, and noticed that there have been quite a few buildings, both residential & commercial added to the area, so now I'm not so sure I could find the spot again. I did see a couple places that COULD have been the area.

If the model actually existed, it was probably made of plastic or some other lite material, even styrofoam perhaps, as pillars and many other architecural features are commonly made, though likely not so common 30+ years ago. IDK.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163031 May 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
<OFF TOPIC>
Of course. I'd be delighted. Though hopefully we may have a much sooner opportunity.

About 30 years ago or so, I was driving alone in the Black Hills, and near the center (it was 9-10AM), there was a large clearing, small creek, and some sort of lone store or something off to the left (northeast) side.

I was travelling south and saw up in the hillside trees to the southwest, a large white sculpture of an Indian in full headress sitting on a horse. Much of the horse was hidden by the trees, but the head & back were visible. Course I had no camera.

Anyway, I didn't think much about it until a few years ago, my daughter & I were back there to see relatives (Sturgis) and tour the area. I mentioned my "vision" to some of the older relatives, and NONE of them recalled seeing an Indian on a horse up on the hillside. And they drive thru the area frequently.

My guess is it was some sort of huge model for Crazy Horse to see what a completed memorial might look like.
Correction: 2nd paragraph s/h/b
....off to the left (SOUTHeast) side.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163032 May 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying you're nuts or anything, I'm just thinking that's a mighty big model.
Lis, the model was a reduced scale, and didn't exactly dominate the landscape as one might think in looking at the scale of the current memorial.

If I had to guess, I'd say the model was about 2 1/2 times avg human size. So using avg height 6', the model may've been 12-15'
from the ground, enough to expose the top 1/3 above the pine trees.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#163033 May 31, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, Natives didn't call it,'The Little Big Horn'. It was known to them as 'The greasy grass' so Both quotes are wrong.
Just sayin'.
That's not sayin' much.

Maybe john wooden-legs got the name of the battle wrong....according to you, but sarah palin mis-attributed the quote and twisted the meaning of it.

On your scale broken scale, these two balance out.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163034 May 31, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not sayin' much.
Maybe john wooden-legs got the name of the battle wrong....according to you, but sarah palin mis-attributed the quote and twisted the meaning of it.
On your scale broken scale, these two balance out.
Errors of this type are common everywhere, and on BOTH sides. But because politicians do it, it gets more ink & air time from an opposition's attempt to cast the person in the worst possible light.

Most, who are already aware of this, assign the merit % deemed worthy at the time, and move on from there.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163035 May 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it's quite all right Lis, I AM.
Did a virtual tour (satellite) of the Black Hills about 2 hrs ago, and noticed that there have been quite a few buildings, both residential & commercial added to the area, so now I'm not so sure I could find the spot again. I did see a couple places that COULD have been the area.
If the model actually existed, it was probably made of plastic or some other lite material, even styrofoam perhaps, as pillars and many other architecural features are commonly made, though likely not so common 30+ years ago. IDK.
http://crazyhorsememorial.org/

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#163036 May 31, 2013
In case any of you didn't notice the correlation, Sister Katlyn has not posted here since before the tornado hit Moore, OK last week. Now there's a whole bunch of tornadoes hitting the same area and other points near Oklahoma City. I am praying for her and anyone else living in that area and I ask that each of you do the same. If you don't believe in God or prayer, please at least wish for her safety and that the area will be spared as much as possible.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163037 May 31, 2013
DANGER-DANGER-DANGER

Check Nat'l Weather right now

Huge system with multiple tornadoes has moved in to OK City area and has reportedly entered suburbs.

OKC and Moore are being hit again, and I-35 north & south in OKC is bumper to bumper with folks scrambling to get out. Tornado is expected to tear across I-35. Sitting ducks comes to mind.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#163038 May 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
DANGER-DANGER-DANGER
Check Nat'l Weather right now
Huge system with multiple tornadoes has moved in to OK City area and has reportedly entered suburbs.
OKC and Moore are being hit again, and I-35 north & south in OKC is bumper to bumper with folks scrambling to get out. Tornado is expected to tear across I-35. Sitting ducks comes to mind.
So do bulls'eyes :s
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#163039 May 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
DANGER-DANGER-DANGER
Check Nat'l Weather right now
Huge system with multiple tornadoes has moved in to OK City area and has reportedly entered suburbs.
OKC and Moore are being hit again, and I-35 north & south in OKC is bumper to bumper with folks scrambling to get out. Tornado is expected to tear across I-35. Sitting ducks comes to mind.
Please tell me you are kidding. That is so awful. Roberta I don't know if it helps but Kathryn seems to be okay. I've seen her on another thread all week.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#163040 May 31, 2013
No, Lis, he wasn't kidding. I haven't seen an update in an hour or so, but it IS awful. That area had more than its share last week.

I am SO glad you've seen Kat and that she's okay :) Please tell her that and that I hope she'll stay that way through this batch :s

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#163041 Jun 1, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
In case any of you didn't notice the correlation, Sister Katlyn has not posted here since before the tornado hit Moore, OK last week. Now there's a whole bunch of tornadoes hitting the same area and other points near Oklahoma City. I am praying for her and anyone else living in that area and I ask that each of you do the same. If you don't believe in God or prayer, please at least wish for her safety and that the area will be spared as much as possible.
IIRC, she's from CA? It was shovelface living in OKC or Tulsa.
Anonymous

Louisville, KY

#163042 Jun 1, 2013
Years ago, I used to go by "Truth" in here. How's everyone doing? When is the last time someone has heard from "Wrestling With Angles?"

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#163043 Jun 1, 2013
Finally a decent Presidential candidate we can ALL vote for..........

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#163044 Jun 1, 2013
Sulk wrote:
Years ago, I used to go by "Truth" in here. How's everyone doing? When is the last time someone has heard from "Wrestling With Angles?"
She aint been around for probably 3 years or more..........

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#163045 Jun 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Finally a decent Presidential candidate we can ALL vote for..........
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...
A man with a sense of humor.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#163046 Jun 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
A man with a sense of humor.
Come on guys, I'd think you would be cheering on The Donald.

You could renew the search for a birth certificate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Porkpie Hat 268,929
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 16 min Doctor REALITY 1
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 18 min -TheExam- 1,633
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min WasteWater 5,557
Are your friends keeping you from accepting JES... 23 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Osmius 809,992
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 38 min abhi 50
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 574,161
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Naked Truth from ... 608,222
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web