Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
"Not surprisingly, there has been yet another revelation in the unfolding of the James Rosen investigation scandal. On Tuesday, it was discovered that Attorney General Eric Holder went “judge shopping” to find someone who would sign off on a subpoena of Fox News Correspondent James Rosen’s personal records. Apparently, Holder went to three different federal judges before he found one that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News.

However, the only morning show coverage of this important development in this scandal was found on the Fox and Friends; no other network or cable show devoted a sentence to educate the public about this discovery."
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nathan-roush/201...
He deliberately sought out a judge "that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News" ?!?

I can believe--if only barely--that Holder signed the subpoena without being aware of WHAT he was signing. But after this I don't see how ANYONE, not liberals, not Willie, not Obama or Holder himself, can deny that Holder knew exactly what was going on from the very start.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
May I make a suggestion to everyone on the thread for today?

I think we should all be on our best behavior towards Catcher today. Today is the brightest day of the year for him, its like a national holiday, I'm sure he's started his day early and has the day all planned out, the caterers called, The bar filled, the ice machine all checked over. All in anticipation for the National Spelling Bee competition being held today....

Lets all make this day special for the catcher..........
I wouldn't even do that for his birthday. Besides, I happen to be a champion speller myself and could probably whip his butt.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
He deliberately sought out a judge "that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News" ?!?
I can believe--if only barely--that Holder signed the subpoena without being aware of WHAT he was signing. But after this I don't see how ANYONE, not liberals, not Willie, not Obama or Holder himself, can deny that Holder knew exactly what was going on from the very start.
Obama still maintains he "has confidence in Holder"....and why would that be? Maybe because this is trickle down thug-style liberal politics at work and it all came from the top.

The bread crumbs everyone is following seem to be creeping closer and closer to 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue.

Along the same lines, I wish someone would tell me why
former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times thus far during the Obama administration and 118 of those visits were during the period that the IRS was targeting tea party and conservative nonprofits.
That's alot of visits. They must really like each other!
lol-

lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama still maintains he "has confidence in Holder"....and why would that be? Maybe because this is trickle down thug-style liberal politics at work and it all came from the top.
The bread crumbs everyone is following seem to be creeping closer and closer to 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue.
Along the same lines, I wish someone would tell me why
former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times thus far during the Obama administration and 118 of those visits were during the period that the IRS was targeting tea party and conservative nonprofits.
That's alot of visits. They must really like each other!
lol-
However, I am troubled that the IRS and the AP scandals are getting so much press. Benghazi not so much. I believe this is Obama's plan and it's working. Working with delinquents I am well aware of the general/lieutenant relationship. The general stays very quiet and lieutenants are expendable.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

I might add that generals have to act like they support their lieutenants but eventually they go down.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
I might add that generals have to act like they support their lieutenants but eventually they go down.
Maybe some of them will start singing to save themselves. If Lois Lerner has dirt on her hands, she may sing an aria for immunity.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>However, I am troubled that the IRS and the AP scandals are getting so much press. Benghazi not so much. I believe this is Obama's plan and it's working.
Benghazi will be front and center again when the House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee has it's final findings. The commitee is currently pushing to get all the relevant WH emails and also the names and access to all the survivors who were there. And eventually the WH will have to turn them over..... they have no choice. The committee has also issued more subpoenas just yesterday to past and current State Department officials in the ongoing investigation and the chairman (Issa,) has sent subpoenas to 10 officials including a spokesman and the number 2 official in the agency.

John McCain & Lyndsey Graham and others KNOW there is some damaging goods on this administration in it's handling of Benghazi or they wouldn't be holding onto it with their teeth but it could be weeks or more likely months before it's completed.
I think it will be worth the wait.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi will be front and center again when the House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee has it's final findings. The commitee is currently pushing to get all the relevant WH emails and also the names and access to all the survivors who were there. And eventually the WH will have to turn them over..... they have no choice. The committee has also issued more subpoenas just yesterday to past and current State Department officials in the ongoing investigation and the chairman (Issa,) has sent subpoenas to 10 officials including a spokesman and the number 2 official in the agency.
John McCain & Lyndsey Graham and others KNOW there is some damaging goods on this administration in it's handling of Benghazi or they wouldn't be holding onto it with their teeth but it could be weeks or more likely months before it's completed.
I think it will be worth the wait.
It took woodward and bernstein two years of hard digging to finally bring the truth out with watergate. But the will to get the truth has to be there. These days, too many either forget the issue, or lose interest, or just plain give up.
Tenacity is only taught in sports these days.
Jim

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Bush is a hero? You need to raise your standards.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/29/te...
If any low information Americans are confused by the article, I'll sum it up for you.
It's typical Orwellian politics embraced by liberals and if you don't know who George Orwell was, I can't help you.
The gist of it is:
"All Americans are equal but some Americans are more equal than others."
Oink, oink.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
May I make a suggestion to everyone on the thread for today?
I think we should all be on our best behavior towards Catcher today. Today is the brightest day of the year for him, its like a national holiday, I'm sure he's started his day early and has the day all planned out, the caterers called, The bar filled, the ice machine all checked over. All in anticipation for the National Spelling Bee competition being held today..........
Lets all make this day special for the catcher..........
Skrew hym!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric said he never did such a thing...

'With regard to the potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material,' Holder testified,'that is not something that I've ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be a wise policy. In fact, my view is quite the opposite.'-Eric Holder, 5/15/2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23322...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
They're saying that michele Bachman's looks got her to where she is.
Yeah, right. And Sara Palin used her tits to get what she wanted.
Michele was/is a hard-driving pol when she believes in what she is fighting for, and Palin dragged big oil back to the bargaining table and made them pony up more money for the oil spill cleanup. Palin also raised taxes on the oil companies when many wanted to give them breaks for their continued business. She knew, like Any thinking person knows that, while they can move their corporate offices to another state, they have to pump the oil out of the ground before they can take it with them.
Saying that women pols are trading on their looks is cheap sensationalism.
I note that few that talk or confess to care about the homeless problem ever seem proud that Bachman was once homeless and didn't stay that way. Politics aside she did quite good.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
"Not surprisingly, there has been yet another revelation in the unfolding of the James Rosen investigation scandal. On Tuesday, it was discovered that Attorney General Eric Holder went “judge shopping” to find someone who would sign off on a subpoena of Fox News Correspondent James Rosen’s personal records. Apparently, Holder went to three different federal judges before he found one that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News.
However, the only morning show coverage of this important development in this scandal was found on the Fox and Friends; no other network or cable show devoted a sentence to educate the public about this discovery."
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nathan-roush/201...
Yes and for this very reason libs have turned up the volume on Faux News. It has to bother some. A Pres and all his men can't do a damn thing about it. Lol.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
Bush is a hero? You need to raise your standards.
Raise our standards... and you live in the same city where the Cowboys pretend to play professional football. Skunks run from that stadium when the 'Boys take the field!
:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Margaret Thatcher
Golda Meir
Benazir Bhutto
Indira Gandhi
Angela Merkel
Excellent additions, all :)

And I'll add

Deborah (Book of Judges)
Susan B. Anthony
Hillary Clinton
Aung San Suu Kyi (Burmese activist, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize a few years ago)
Catherine de' Medici (Queen of France, sixteenth century)
Catherine II (the Great)(Empress of Russia, eighteenth century)
Empress Marie Therese of Austria (eighteenth century)
Queen Victoria

Please note that the female leaders I've chosen here were selected only because they are or were notable for their TOUGHNESS. They are not necessarily the ones who did the most good for their nations, and not necessarily among the ones I personally most admire.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Legislation Sponsored or Cosponsored by Michele Bachmann

http://beta.congress.gov/member/michele-bachm...

moveon or mediamatters, and those that use mediamatters or moveon as their brain, often get things so wrong.

Heck, the House, just this month, passed Repesentative Bachmann's bill to repeal obamacare... an idea that's getting more and more popular with all Americans, not just our legislators.
http://rednationrising.wordpress.com/2013/05/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric said he never did such a thing...
'With regard to the potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material,' Holder testified,'that is not something that I've ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be a wise policy. In fact, my view is quite the opposite.'-Eric Holder, 5/15/2013

Liar, liar, pants on fire ;)

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
They're saying that michele Bachman's looks got her to where she is.
Yeah, right. And Sara Palin used her tits to get what she wanted.
Michele was/is a hard-driving pol when she believes in what she is fighting for, and Palin dragged big oil back to the bargaining table and made them pony up more money for the oil spill cleanup. Palin also raised taxes on the oil companies when many wanted to give them breaks for their continued business. She knew, like Any thinking person knows that, while they can move their corporate offices to another state, they have to pump the oil out of the ground before they can take it with them.
Saying that women pols are trading on their looks is cheap sensationalism.
Chapter Three, "Drill, Baby, Drill," Palin assigns the following remarks to the Hall of Fame hoops coach:

Our land is everything to us... I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember our grandfathers paid for it -- with their lives.

Only the quote wasn't by John Wooden. It was written by a Native American activist named John Wooden Legs in an essay entitled "Back on the War Ponies," which appeared in a left-wing anthology, We Are the People: Voices from the Other Side of American History, edited by Nathaniel May, Clint Willis, and James W. Loewen.

Here's the full quote:

Our land is everything to us. It is the only place in the world where Cheyennes talk the Cheyenne language to each other. It is the only place where Cheyennes remember the same things together. I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember our grandfathers paid for it -- with their life. My people and the Sioux defeated General Custer at the Little Big Horn.

Oops! That's not quite the sentiment that Sister Sarah was trying to convey as she guzzled down sugar-free Red Bull and cranked up Toby Keith's "How Do You Like Me Now?" while jumping on her patriotic high horse at the opening of the third chapter.

There's also no small amount of irony in the quote, given Palin's abysmal record on Alaska Native issues during her truncated term as governor.
http://the-reaction.blogspot.com/2009/12/goin...

PS- Michelle bachmann is a flake and her run for gop nomination proved it, she made as many or more gaffes than sarah palin. She only won her district by 1% point while romney won her district by 20% points in a strong republican district(I know, I work in her district with many who also live in her district, they are prone to vote gop across the board).

Plenty of dems are flakes and undeserving of elected office, but I can only savage the questionable politicians being canonized here....which all appear to be GOP

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent additions, all :)
And I'll add
Deborah (Book of Judges)
Susan B. Anthony
Hillary Clinton
Aung San Suu Kyi (Burmese activist, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize a few years ago)
Catherine de' Medici (Queen of France, sixteenth century)
Catherine II (the Great)(Empress of Russia, eighteenth century)
Empress Marie Therese of Austria (eighteenth century)
Queen Victoria
Please note that the female leaders I've chosen here were selected only because they are or were notable for their TOUGHNESS. They are not necessarily the ones who did the most good for their nations, and not necessarily among the ones I personally most admire.
Here is what happens when the US makes partners of un-elected(not the peoples choice) leaders in the pursuit of so called "AMERICAN INTERESTS"........Saddam, Mubarak, Noriega, Musharraf, and the list goes on and on.

Musharraf Under Arrest on Charges in Bhutto Assassination
By SALMAN MASOOD
Published: April 26, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/27/world/asia/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••