uidiotRACEMAKEW0 RLDPEACE

United States

#162963 May 29, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of blame to go around for that and >I< don't wonder why there is a problem.
If the modern world hadn't relied on the Middle East for oil, it's inhabitants would still be going through internal growing pains of slowly evolving into the modern age like most other nations. <shrug> Or, they would have rejected the modern age and stayed antiquated for another couple hundred years.
Billions and billions of dollars have poured into a relatively backward part of the globe much of which hadn't changed much since biblical times and was done so by multiple nations....not just the US and not just by republican administrations. And a case can be made that going from internal tribal wars with rocks and clubs fighting over whose sand grew the best bananas.... to suddenly having the monetary ability to buy big boy weapons, changed the entire dynamic of the region and the world. Giving keys to a Ferrari to someone who has only handled a donkey cart, was a bad idea.
I certainly hope the oil you use in your everyday life comes only from the US and you reject all foreign oil based products. From the tone of your post I will assume you're pushing this administration hard----> to drill at home. As you probably know, we can't have it both ways. No administration would trade weapons and US lives for oil, if it's people didn't demand it.
US would not be war mongering nation today and with world of enemies that want US invader/plunderer/mass murderer out of the way ; if our greedy and corrupted American leaders/war & oil-for-profiters had gone Alternative energy in the early 70s; we , the Americans/immigrants would not see all this big mess at home and worldwide. You shameful war mongering NeoCons Are cause of many world of wars globally and the moat problems at home and abroad.
UidiotRACEMAKEW0 RLDPEACE

United States

#162964 May 29, 2013
"We Americans are the ultimate innocents. We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth."
Sydney Schanberg

United States

#162965 May 29, 2013
berserker wrote:
Let us not forget that America is a war time economy. Also, isnt is laughable that the most sophisticated inteligence service on the planet simply had (bad intel)? Thats all the war criminal Bush and his lap dog had to say to get away with high treason? Then there is this, who do you think armed the whole middle east to the teeth? Then we wonder why there is a problem? Did it ever occur to anyone that the middle east is getting sick of being (jacked around) and plundered by the us? If he Saddam had WMD he probably baught them from America!
u should come more often, we need more astute insights on state of affairs.

United States

#162966 May 29, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor George W, the negative comparisons never end despite his desire to be compared to Lincoln, Roosevelt, and JFK.
Actions have consequences.
LISW post , what she thinking , i wonder if left her brain with bad Bob! BWBABBABAABAA

The war mongering American right wings don't have human conscience nor empathy for humanity, profiting from misery of world humanity and even it own.

Man with reason bit without/lack of moral will do what to its own nation and its people and the world?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162967 May 29, 2013
They're saying that michele Bachman's looks got her to where she is.
Yeah, right. And Sara Palin used her tits to get what she wanted.
Michele was/is a hard-driving pol when she believes in what she is fighting for, and Palin dragged big oil back to the bargaining table and made them pony up more money for the oil spill cleanup. Palin also raised taxes on the oil companies when many wanted to give them breaks for their continued business. She knew, like Any thinking person knows that, while they can move their corporate offices to another state, they have to pump the oil out of the ground before they can take it with them.
Saying that women pols are trading on their looks is cheap sensationalism.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#162968 May 29, 2013
uidiotRACEMAKEW0RLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> YEa you plunderer ...
The United States Court of Claims on June 13, 1979, in a 5-2 majority, decided that the 1877 Act that seized the Black Hills from the Sioux was a violation of the Fifth Amendment.[35]
On July 31, 1979 the Sioux were awarded $17.5 million with 5 percent interest totaling $105 million. However, the victory was short lived. The Indians residing in the Black Hills feared the notion that if they accept the award their land would be officially sold. This led many Sioux to believe that they would lose their land, culture and identity.[36]
Furthermore, the two lawyers continued to work with the government to provide the tribe with just compensation for violating the 1868 Fort Laramie Treaty. In September 1979, Sonosky and Lazarus offered the tribe $44 million as a settlement for the violation in 1868, but were met with hostility.[37]
On October 17, 1979 Solicitor General Wade McCree of the Justice Department sent an appeal to the United States Supreme Court over the initial ruling by the Court of Claims and on November 21, 1979 the Supreme Court set a date to review the claim and on December 10, the appeal was granted.[38]
from Wiki!
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#162969 May 29, 2013
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that runs into a few hundred of millions!!
Just think what that money could do here in the states.
How many programs need funding? With money like that programs could be funded for a few years
more like hundred of billions!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162970 May 29, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:

Michele was/is a hard-driving pol when she believes in what she is fighting for, and Palin dragged big oil back to the bargaining table and made them pony up more money for the oil spill cleanup. Palin also raised taxes on the oil companies when many wanted to give them breaks for their continued business. She knew, like Any thinking person knows that, while they can move their corporate offices to another state, they have to pump the oil out of the ground before they can take it with them.

Yep. Blackheart, I already knew that YOU were way smarter than the kind of people who would throw those cheap shots. But you have provided more proof of that here :)

Another smart guy once said "Never underestimate the power of a woman" :)

Come to think of it, anybody out there who doubts that a woman politician CAN be every bit as tough as any man should read a biography of Queen Elizabeth I. She was not just tough, but a whole lot tougher than most of the men in Europe.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162971 May 30, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Blackheart, I already knew that YOU were way smarter than the kind of people who would throw those cheap shots. But you have provided more proof of that here :)
Another smart guy once said "Never underestimate the power of a woman" :)
Come to think of it, anybody out there who doubts that a woman politician CAN be every bit as tough as any man should read a biography of Queen Elizabeth I. She was not just tough, but a whole lot tougher than most of the men in Europe.
Margaret Thatcher
Golda Meir
Benazir Bhutto
Indira Gandhi
Angela Merkel
Lost In Transition

United States

#162972 May 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text> A whole different spin to "I'll have mine on the rocks," ain't it?
I suspect Judas was framed, but not in his time. I think he did exactly as he was supposed to do, and subsequent gospel "historians" rewrote his role for their own purposes. Even Paul, the Great Missionary, doesn't seem to know of the betrayal story, for not once in all his writing does he ever mention a betrayal. In I Cor. 15:5, Paul even mentions Jesus' appearing to "the Twelve". This is a broad hint that the Judas betrayal was fabricated even later than Paul's writing. I propose that Jesus fully intended to get himself arrested, and Judas only did what he was assigned to do.
Let's start with Jesus picking someone to do the deed. What did the disciples respond? All around the table, "Surely not I, Lord?" What does Judas reply? "Surely not I, Lord?" What an odd thing to say, don't you think? Why would they all say that? Because NOBODY wants this onerous task. Clearly they've received an instruction they completely understand, and all find repugnant. This casts a new light on the scene - Jesus needed to pick one to execute the more unsavory portions of his plan, and Judas just drew short straw. Listen to the words again, "Surely not I, Lord?" Notice Jesus indicates this in full view of everyone, and not one disciple objects - not feisty and mercurial Peter, not even the Sons of Thunder.
The writer of GoJohn in fact does something inexplicable - he has Jesus >say< clearly that he is to be betrayed, he shows just as clearly who is the Betrayer, and then, he instructs that one to go get started. THEN the writer says that the disciples didn't understand what they just saw and heard!
What!? Either these 11 guys are the most monumental dunderheads to ever follow a Messiah, or something ain't quite right about the telling of it. Read it yourself - Jesus couldn't have made it more clear. What we have here is the author relating a true event, but he has to weave this more insidious motive into it, and it comes off just as we would expect - it conflicts with itself as written! Far from objecting to what they've just witnessed with their eyes and ears, the disciples are most likely relieved! Somebody had to do this nasty job, and we can imagine them all slumped down in their seat and looking at the ground, hoping Jesus looks elsewhere. Isn't it obvious that Judas was merely Jesus' assistant in undertaking a most distasteful but necessary task?
Next, look back to the preceding week - has Jesus not engineered this whole thing down to the finest detail? Did Jesus not tell his disciples what was to happen in Jerusalem? When Peter objects vehemently, doesn't Jesus rebuke him as severely as he ever spoke to anyone? In numerous instances the entire week, prophecy is not just fulfilled, Jesus specially arranges things "so that they might be fulfilled". So, why did the disciples watch Jesus instruct Judas, and say or do nothing?
Because he was acting his assigned role. It was later writers who demonized this role. Why? Well, that's a whole 'nother story....
Yup, sounds about right. The guy took one for the team, then got run over by the revisionist bus. So what's the rest of the story? Who was driving the bus, and why did he make road-kill out of Judas?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162973 May 30, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
You're right, if "politician" means "fund-raiser" or "firebrand". But Bachmann as a legislator? Eight years - one piece of legislation, and that to commemorate MN's 150th birthday? Not so much.....
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162974 May 30, 2013
Tea Party and Democrats Team up to Block Lawmakers Looking for Gun Perks
May 29, 2013

Apologies in advance to anyone who's offended that this article comes from "FAUX" news which as Democrats have recently discovered and much to their comedic dismay, FAUX News isn't all that FAUX. Turns out, they've been getting a whole bunch of stories right while the liberal mainstream media was busily engaged in their Obama love-fest.

Anyway- Here 'tis!(Tailored for length)
====

WASHINGTON – It’s not a political alliance people are used to seeing. But in states like Texas and North Carolina, Tea Party supporters have been teaming up with Democrats to defeat measures that would expand gun rights for lawmakers but not the general public.

In Texas, the House defeated a measure that would have given prosecuting attorneys and lawmakers permission to carry guns anywhere they wanted to in the state.

Current Texas law restricts concealed handgun license holders from taking their weapons into schools, bars, sporting events and federal buildings.

Democratic state Rep. Ryan Guillen originally introduced a bill to loosen those regulations for prosecutors. But when an amendment giving lawmakers the same rights was tacked on the bill, many backed out and accused Guillen of pulling a bait-and-switch.

Not only were Texas Tea Party backers upset, but members of Guillen’s own party turned on him.

“We face a higher degree of risk because we’re known and people might not like our opinions,” Springer said.

Both Springer and Guillen cited the attempted assassination of former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords as an example why lawmakers should be given special gun rights.

“If we’re going to push for gun rights we need to push for equal gun rights,” he told FoxNews.com , adding that a Texas mother going to a grocery store should have the same right to protect herself and her children as a lawmaker would.

Calls to Guillen for comment were not immediately returned.

The general assembly session ended with the bill being buried in a subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee.

If it had passed both chambers and gotten the governor’s signature, it would allow anyone elected or appointed to a North Carolina public office to carry a handgun or pocket knife to any location in the state.

In New York, state lawmakers there are trying to pass a provision in their gun laws that would allow retired police officers to keep assault weapons and high-capacity magazines they bought and used when they were on the force.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/29/te...

If any low information Americans are confused by the article, I'll sum it up for you.
It's typical Orwellian politics embraced by liberals and if you don't know who George Orwell was, I can't help you.
The gist of it is:
"All Americans are equal but some Americans are more equal than others."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162975 May 30, 2013
"Not surprisingly, there has been yet another revelation in the unfolding of the James Rosen investigation scandal. On Tuesday, it was discovered that Attorney General Eric Holder went “judge shopping” to find someone who would sign off on a subpoena of Fox News Correspondent James Rosen’s personal records. Apparently, Holder went to three different federal judges before he found one that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News.

However, the only morning show coverage of this important development in this scandal was found on the Fox and Friends; no other network or cable show devoted a sentence to educate the public about this discovery."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nathan-roush/201...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162976 May 30, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here is a cure for you: If what you see with your eye's offends you then pluck them out, if what you hear with your ears offends you then cut them off, sooner or later you wont have to subject yourself to that which offends you."
That IS excellent advice. Perhaps you should consider taking it yourself.
Folks, I'm going to suggest that we stop feeding Yellow's tantrum. I'm sure we all have better things to do than to keep rewarding a spoiled brat with even more attention.
Yellow, I'm sure you have a lot to offer, but until you've learned civility, I for one am not interested in hearing anything else you might have to say.
I'm intrigued by his stage name.
Yellow Star Seed is ----> BACK!

Wouldn't that imply he thinks posters have missed him? No offense to Mr. Yellow but I didn't know he left.
In fact, I didn't know he was ever here.

Reminds me of the the discomfort someone might feel when coming through the front door and yelling, "I'm home!" and no one responds or looks up because no one gives a flying fig.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#162977 May 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm intrigued by his stage name.
Yellow Star Seed is ----> BACK!
Wouldn't that imply he thinks posters have missed him? No offense to Mr. Yellow but I didn't know he left.
In fact, I didn't know he was ever here.
Reminds me of the the discomfort someone might feel when coming through the front door and yelling, "I'm home!" and no one responds or looks up because no one gives a flying fig.
May I make a suggestion to everyone on the thread for today?

I think we should all be on our best behavior towards Catcher today. Today is the brightest day of the year for him, its like a national holiday, I'm sure he's started his day early and has the day all planned out, the caterers called, The bar filled, the ice machine all checked over. All in anticipation for the National Spelling Bee competition being held today..........

Lets all make this day special for the catcher..........

Location hidden

#162978 May 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
"Not surprisingly, there has been yet another revelation in the unfolding of the James Rosen investigation scandal. On Tuesday, it was discovered that Attorney General Eric Holder went “judge shopping” to find someone who would sign off on a subpoena of Fox News Correspondent James Rosen’s personal records. Apparently, Holder went to three different federal judges before he found one that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News.

However, the only morning show coverage of this important development in this scandal was found on the Fox and Friends; no other network or cable show devoted a sentence to educate the public about this discovery."
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nathan-roush/201...
He deliberately sought out a judge "that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News" ?!?

I can believe--if only barely--that Holder signed the subpoena without being aware of WHAT he was signing. But after this I don't see how ANYONE, not liberals, not Willie, not Obama or Holder himself, can deny that Holder knew exactly what was going on from the very start.

Location hidden

#162979 May 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
May I make a suggestion to everyone on the thread for today?

I think we should all be on our best behavior towards Catcher today. Today is the brightest day of the year for him, its like a national holiday, I'm sure he's started his day early and has the day all planned out, the caterers called, The bar filled, the ice machine all checked over. All in anticipation for the National Spelling Bee competition being held today....

Lets all make this day special for the catcher..........
I wouldn't even do that for his birthday. Besides, I happen to be a champion speller myself and could probably whip his butt.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162981 May 30, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
He deliberately sought out a judge "that would agree to sign the subpoena without telling Rosen or Fox News" ?!?
I can believe--if only barely--that Holder signed the subpoena without being aware of WHAT he was signing. But after this I don't see how ANYONE, not liberals, not Willie, not Obama or Holder himself, can deny that Holder knew exactly what was going on from the very start.
Obama still maintains he "has confidence in Holder"....and why would that be? Maybe because this is trickle down thug-style liberal politics at work and it all came from the top.

The bread crumbs everyone is following seem to be creeping closer and closer to 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue.

Along the same lines, I wish someone would tell me why
former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times thus far during the Obama administration and 118 of those visits were during the period that the IRS was targeting tea party and conservative nonprofits.
That's alot of visits. They must really like each other!
lol-

lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162982 May 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama still maintains he "has confidence in Holder"....and why would that be? Maybe because this is trickle down thug-style liberal politics at work and it all came from the top.
The bread crumbs everyone is following seem to be creeping closer and closer to 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue.
Along the same lines, I wish someone would tell me why
former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times thus far during the Obama administration and 118 of those visits were during the period that the IRS was targeting tea party and conservative nonprofits.
That's alot of visits. They must really like each other!
lol-
However, I am troubled that the IRS and the AP scandals are getting so much press. Benghazi not so much. I believe this is Obama's plan and it's working. Working with delinquents I am well aware of the general/lieutenant relationship. The general stays very quiet and lieutenants are expendable.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162983 May 30, 2013
I might add that generals have to act like they support their lieutenants but eventually they go down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 810,355
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 9 min Neville Thompson 20
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Neville Thompson 269,040
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min RiccardoFire 39,664
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min lightbeamrider 97,909
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 33 min AN NFL FAN 121,339
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min JesusIsResurrection 967
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 57 min truth 608,271
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 59 min perfect massage r... 206
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 574,347
More from around the web