Bush is a hero

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#162851 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I politely advise you not to falsify what I wrote. It's not funny and as a man of the law you should know it borders on libel.
I copied and pasted what you wrote.

Long Beach, CA

#162852 May 26, 2013
Sorry lisw, it was Roberta who wrote that.

Sometimes I can't tell twedledee from tweedledum.

Again, sorry for the misidentification.

My bad.

I'll be more careful in future.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162853 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I copied and pasted what you wrote.
Go back and look. I did not say that. Someone did but I didn't and whoever did was obviously kidding.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162854 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
My bad.
Okay. Just saw this.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162855 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
My bad.
Not really okay. That was rude.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162856 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lyndi,
Tell your buddy Bobin that it's not al-quida.
You're right. It's just a habit in English to follow a "q" with a "u". al-qaida, al-qaeda... happy now?

Location hidden

#162857 May 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>At first I thought you were suggesting that the Benghazi attackers weren't linked to Benghazi.
Silly me.
Perhaps you would have made your point better if you'd said "Any[one]... who sits on Topix ... correcting spelling errors like a 19 year old teachers aid ... has one boring existence."
Amen.

Long Beach, CA

#162858 May 26, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. It's just a habit in English to follow a "q" with a "u". al-qaida, al-qaeda... happy now?
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

But yes, happy I am.

Still feeling a bit of a sting from my misidentification of posters though.

I hate to do that.

Location hidden

#162859 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we were, weren't we? And I for one still want answers from the administration, if necessary extracted from them by pulling out fingernails with pliers.
ut
If you're looking for a volunteer... I'm retired and would love to spend my days with Eric extracting answers.

Location hidden

#162860 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And to you, that's the American way.
It's probably the only way you can get anyone's memory in the obama administration to improve.

So which is it, are these guys the stupidest leaders ever, or the most dishonest?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162861 May 26, 2013
Freebird wrote:
The Presidents promise to have the "most transparent" administration in history has certainly been fulfilled. We simply misinterpeted his use of transparent .
It's been about as clean and transparent as the average cow pat.

Location hidden

#162862 May 26, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're looking for a volunteer... I'm retired and would love to spend my days with Eric extracting answers.
I'll lure him into a trap with my feminine wiles, and you do the rest :)

Location hidden

#162863 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
But yes, happy I am.
Still feeling a bit of a sting from my misidentification of posters though.
I hate to do that.
I hadn't realized that I had ever corrected anyone's spelling? Perhaps you're thinking of another poster.

I don't care about spelling, it's the thought that I'm interested in.

Location hidden

#162864 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lisw wrote: " I for one still want answers from the administration, if necessary extracted from them by pulling out fingernails with pliers."
Is THIS the American way to have the President and his advisors answer questions?
Although I know you've already acknowledged that Lis didn't write this, I thought I ought to point out that Lis, bless her heart, is not just keenly intelligent and perceptive, but MUCH more temperate than I am. I'M way meaner than she could possibly be :)

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162865 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What rage do you think I have Willie? I don't think I'm expressing rage, I think I have said I am bereft. I am not trying to compare wars. Hip is the one trying to make comparisons. I was just saying if that works than it works to compare Vietnam and Iraq/ Afghanistan. And it doesn't.
I don't think Hip was trying to compare the wars, certainly not in some sort of body-count comparison the way you did. I think he was comparing the reaction to the mistakes made, and I think the comparison was legitimate.

I really have no interest in a semantics argument, but I'm puzzled how you can even suspect that the President denied any attempt at relief at Benghazi for political purposes without being outraged. I apologize if it was not you who said that, but that's the impression I've gotten from you.

Long Beach, CA

#162866 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I know you've already acknowledged that Lis didn't write this, I thought I ought to point out that Lis, bless her heart, is not just keenly intelligent and perceptive, but MUCH more temperate than I am. I'M way meaner than she could possibly be :)
Boy did I get myself into a heap of trouble.

Do I agree? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Serves me right.

:(

Location hidden

#162867 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The security thing seems like a no brainer to me. If they ask for more security GIVE IT TO THEM! oops sorry Hip I used all caps there and that certainly negates what I say. I repeat, give it to them.
I couldn't agree more! If an embassy, consulate or other overseas post, ESPECIALLY in a high-risk area, requests more security, for heaven's sake, GIVE IT TO THEM!

If I'd been Stevens, when I requested extra security and not only was the request not granted, but current security actually REDUCED, I would have resigned and flown home immediately. And I'm betting that any future American ambassadors will do exactly that. They certainly should. Risking their lives is one thing, but Stevens couldn't have foreseen that he'd be so completely betrayed by his own government.

Location hidden

#162868 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy did I get myself into a heap of trouble.
Do I agree? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.
Serves me right.
:(
Forget it, Catcher. As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't and isn't a big deal :)

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162869 May 26, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
See guys? That was exactly what they (who 'they' are is open to debate. I say 'the little buttmonkey' had a hand in it.) were counting on. So what if forty billion dollars disappeared? In a year or two, or four or five, nobody will give a rip, and then we (they) can divvy it up.
Doesn't matter, right? After all, it wasn't Our money that was in the wind. except that it was, or is.
Where that money went is a legitimate concern.

Can't speak for anyone else, but when you go to How much did lil georgie get?' it's kind of a non-starter for me.

Some of that money undoubtedly went into covert operations in other parts of the world. The rest of it probably went into Swiss bank accounts of people who gave us information (some of which may have been accurate) or otherwise provided services (some of which may have been genuine).

Americans probably embezzled some of it too - but probably not much.

Nothing new about that ... it's an American tradition that goes back to Chiang Kai-shek in China, Park in Korea, perhaps Tito in Yugoslavia, Franco in Spain, Marcos in the Philippines, and a host of not-communist despots all over the world.

Gawdamitey alone knows how much of the aid to Vietnam went that way, but my guess is that expressed in contemporary dollars it would make that $40 billion look like pocket change in most of the years we were bankrolling and all of the years we were fighting that war - which would make it run from roughly 1950-1974/5.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162870 May 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think Hip was trying to compare the wars, certainly not in some sort of body-count comparison the way you did. I think he was comparing the reaction to the mistakes made, and I think the comparison was legitimate.
I really have no interest in a semantics argument, but I'm puzzled how you can even suspect that the President denied any attempt at relief at Benghazi for political purposes without being outraged. I apologize if it was not you who said that, but that's the impression I've gotten from you.
Oh for pete sake does Hip really need you to interpret for him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min NoStress4me 877,131
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 7,850
White Lives MATTER 8 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 149
The Christian Atheist debate 16 min too lazy to log in 3,771
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Michael 603,079
Ever give your boss head? 43 min Hispanicprincess 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min sangili karuppan 7,606
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Soon Armagedon Day 613,065
More from around the web