Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162864 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lisw wrote: " I for one still want answers from the administration, if necessary extracted from them by pulling out fingernails with pliers."
Is THIS the American way to have the President and his advisors answer questions?
Although I know you've already acknowledged that Lis didn't write this, I thought I ought to point out that Lis, bless her heart, is not just keenly intelligent and perceptive, but MUCH more temperate than I am. I'M way meaner than she could possibly be :)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162865 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What rage do you think I have Willie? I don't think I'm expressing rage, I think I have said I am bereft. I am not trying to compare wars. Hip is the one trying to make comparisons. I was just saying if that works than it works to compare Vietnam and Iraq/ Afghanistan. And it doesn't.
I don't think Hip was trying to compare the wars, certainly not in some sort of body-count comparison the way you did. I think he was comparing the reaction to the mistakes made, and I think the comparison was legitimate.

I really have no interest in a semantics argument, but I'm puzzled how you can even suspect that the President denied any attempt at relief at Benghazi for political purposes without being outraged. I apologize if it was not you who said that, but that's the impression I've gotten from you.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162866 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I know you've already acknowledged that Lis didn't write this, I thought I ought to point out that Lis, bless her heart, is not just keenly intelligent and perceptive, but MUCH more temperate than I am. I'M way meaner than she could possibly be :)
Boy did I get myself into a heap of trouble.

Do I agree? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Serves me right.

:(

Location hidden

#162867 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The security thing seems like a no brainer to me. If they ask for more security GIVE IT TO THEM! oops sorry Hip I used all caps there and that certainly negates what I say. I repeat, give it to them.
I couldn't agree more! If an embassy, consulate or other overseas post, ESPECIALLY in a high-risk area, requests more security, for heaven's sake, GIVE IT TO THEM!

If I'd been Stevens, when I requested extra security and not only was the request not granted, but current security actually REDUCED, I would have resigned and flown home immediately. And I'm betting that any future American ambassadors will do exactly that. They certainly should. Risking their lives is one thing, but Stevens couldn't have foreseen that he'd be so completely betrayed by his own government.

Location hidden

#162868 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy did I get myself into a heap of trouble.
Do I agree? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.
Serves me right.
:(
Forget it, Catcher. As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't and isn't a big deal :)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162869 May 26, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
See guys? That was exactly what they (who 'they' are is open to debate. I say 'the little buttmonkey' had a hand in it.) were counting on. So what if forty billion dollars disappeared? In a year or two, or four or five, nobody will give a rip, and then we (they) can divvy it up.
Doesn't matter, right? After all, it wasn't Our money that was in the wind. except that it was, or is.
Where that money went is a legitimate concern.

Can't speak for anyone else, but when you go to How much did lil georgie get?' it's kind of a non-starter for me.

Some of that money undoubtedly went into covert operations in other parts of the world. The rest of it probably went into Swiss bank accounts of people who gave us information (some of which may have been accurate) or otherwise provided services (some of which may have been genuine).

Americans probably embezzled some of it too - but probably not much.

Nothing new about that ... it's an American tradition that goes back to Chiang Kai-shek in China, Park in Korea, perhaps Tito in Yugoslavia, Franco in Spain, Marcos in the Philippines, and a host of not-communist despots all over the world.

Gawdamitey alone knows how much of the aid to Vietnam went that way, but my guess is that expressed in contemporary dollars it would make that $40 billion look like pocket change in most of the years we were bankrolling and all of the years we were fighting that war - which would make it run from roughly 1950-1974/5.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162870 May 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think Hip was trying to compare the wars, certainly not in some sort of body-count comparison the way you did. I think he was comparing the reaction to the mistakes made, and I think the comparison was legitimate.
I really have no interest in a semantics argument, but I'm puzzled how you can even suspect that the President denied any attempt at relief at Benghazi for political purposes without being outraged. I apologize if it was not you who said that, but that's the impression I've gotten from you.
Oh for pete sake does Hip really need you to interpret for him?
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162871 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Catcher forgetaboutit. It can't be news to you that you're not perfect.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162872 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for pete sake does Hip really need you to interpret for him?
Nope.

Just telling you what I thought.

Sorry that exasperates you.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162873 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm the meanest, nah-nah.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162874 May 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
Just telling you what I thought.
Sorry that exasperates you.
You sure think you know how to read moods. I hope you're better at it with your loved ones.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162876 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Muchas gracias.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162877 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Catcher forgetaboutit. It can't be news to you that you're not perfect.
OK. I'll try to be perfect from now on.

Or, at least I'll try to avoid stupid mistakes.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162878 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You sure think you know how to read moods. I hope you're better at it with your loved ones.
Is that what you've been reduced to - semantics games?

Location hidden

#162879 May 26, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. UNfortunately, something more sinister happened in Benghazi, and this admin appears to be doing everything it can to cover it up. Likely gross negligence.

Dan Pfeiffer declared Barry was being updated, but said "which room the President was in, is irrelevant". I believe Barry had gone beddy bye, as he was leaving for Nevada the next day, and did not want to be disturbed. In the meantime, the worst possible scenario in Benghazi actually occurred, and now Barry can't disclose what he was doing. <Speculation only>
It may be only speculation, but I have a feeling it's pretty close to the truth. After how, if you're the President of the United States and running for re-election, how can you say to American voters "The reason four Americans died at our consulate in Benghazi, Libya is that no one was awake who had the authority to order nearby troops to intervene. I wanted to get a good night's sleep before flying off to Las Vegas, so I'd given orders that I was not to be disturbed under any circumstances whatsoever."

Frankly, if I were Barry, I'd find that embarrassing too.

Location hidden

#162880 May 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, I'm the meanest, nah-nah.
You wanna arm-wrestle for the title??

;)

Location hidden

#162881 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, if you figure out how to do that, I could use some tips :s
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162882 May 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what you've been reduced to - semantics games?
Huh?
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162883 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would you want to be perfect? That would be exhausting.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162884 May 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanna arm-wrestle for the title??
;)
I can't. I have a sunburn.(whine)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Never-ending Doctor 30,116
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Rosa_Winkel 968,908
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Rosesz 638,059
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 39 min Halle Berry Sister 3,558
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 45 min scientia potentia... 617,982
Aguaje (Mar '11) 54 min Commongirl 103
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr good advice 43,922
More from around the web