Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162738 May 23, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me."
Yea, that seems like a political statement to me.

<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting that she be fired for exercising her Fifth Amendment right of protection of self incrimination. I'm saying she should be fired for refusing to tell her employers,(us), what she's doing and has done for the $$$ that we're paying her.
In private industry you'd be fired instantly for refusing to tell your supervisor what you're doing, or how you've spent your time... especially if your group's output is/was causing major problems for your company.

<quoted text>
As far as I'm concerned, EVERYBODY should be entitled to exercise their 5th Amendment right, we're probably in agreement there. However, nobody is entitled to a job where they're keeping what they contribute a secret from their employer... especially if their output appears to have created problems.

Nothing McCarthy about that. Joe McCarthy was looking into peoples private affiliations, the people's oversight committee wants to know what she did/does for the taxpayer's money for which she was/is paid. Nice try.
Excellent post, Bob.

Location hidden

#162739 May 23, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Isn't the workings of the IRS supposed to be a matter of Public Record? If not, shouldn't it be?
Maybe I'm being petty here, but isn't her arrogance a bit much to take?"I'm just going to take the fifth, so can I just skip it?" Why not take the podium and give us all the finger?
Essentially, that's what she did. And no, you're not being petty at all.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162740 May 24, 2013
<2nd attempt>

Eric Bolling subs for Hannity tonight and this is one of the videos. Jay Sekulow (UCLJ) & Juan Williams wind up in the interview. Listen to what Jay Sekulow says (just past the 8 minute mark) on the just-released papers showing IRS going after Conservative groups ALREADY receiving 501c4 status. IRS scandal gets worse every day.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2405328408001/is-t...

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162741 May 24, 2013
barry's using one scandal to trump another, again.
Yes the IRS thing is big news, but haven't they been screwing folks since forever?(ever been audited?) WHAT happened to the wiretapping of the reporter? No matter what he/she was gathering info on, he has the right to do it, IF you buy into the people's right to know everything about everybody. I don't buy that premise, but since the tabloids print gawdawful crap about celebs, then anything should make it to print. That's the whole premise of 'freedom of the press'. Earlier, someone alluded that the reporter was gathering info that could Hurt The Country!(I'm scurrying in circles right now, dragging my fingers down my cheeks, whispering,'What do we do?! What do we do!?')
Well, if a reporter can get his hands onm it, then Anybody can get their hands on it, right? Back in the day, they said that The Pentagon Papers would Destroy the fabric of this society (PP) but look what happened. some folks got embarrassed, some got fired, and the fourth estate continued to function. Because the free flow of information was Not interrupted.
If obama gets away with robbing this reporter of his information, then the whole notion of Free Press is dead, and free speech is The Last Do-Do bird on earth, running around looking for a mate. No mate, and no more free speech.
But, who gives a shit, right? obama knows best.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162742 May 24, 2013
barry's using one scandal to trump another, again.
Yes the IRS thing is big news, but haven't they been screwing folks since forever?(ever been audited?) WHAT happened to the wiretapping of the reporter? No matter what he/she was gathering info on, he has the right to do it, IF you buy into the people's right to know everything about everybody. I don't buy that premise, but since the tabloids print gawdawful crap about celebs, then anything should make it to print. That's the whole premise of 'freedom of the press'. Earlier, someone alluded that the reporter was gathering info that could Hurt The Country!(I'm scurrying in circles right now, dragging my fingers down my cheeks, whispering,'What do we do?! What do we do!?')
Well, if a reporter can get his hands onm it, then Anybody can get their hands on it, right? Back in the day, they said that The Pentagon Papers would Destroy the fabric of this society (PP) but look what happened. some folks got embarrassed, some got fired, and the fourth estate continued to function. Because the free flow of information was Not interrupted.
If obama gets away with robbing this reporter of his information, then the whole notion of Free Press is dead, and free speech is The Last Do-Do bird on earth, running around looking for a mate. No mate, and no more free speech.
But, who gives a shit, right? obama knows best.
Obama has made no secret of the fact that conservative Americans bother him, Limbaugh bothers him, Red States bother him, FOX News bothers him, citizens who "cling to their guns and bibles" bother him... anyone and anything which opposes or questions his far left liberal agenda bothers him. I believe as cream rises to the top, his sentiments have not surprisingly fallen down to his various departments and underlings. He doesn't have to tell his staff he wants the opposition off the stage and out of the way. They already know.

As with organizations and businesses, the behavior of the body of day to day workers usually mirrors the mood and tone and manner of their superiors. Government and this administration in particular, is no different. A wink, a smile and a nod behind closed doors can be as effective as a written order and not nearly as hazardous to ones job.

Obama doesn't want ANY opposition and his people know it. The question remains how many will be take a bullet for his ideology because somewhere in their twisted thinking, HE'S TOO BIG TO FAIL.
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#162743 May 24, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has made no secret of the fact that conservative Americans bother him, Limbaugh bothers him, Red States bother him, FOX News bothers him, citizens who "cling to their guns and bibles" bother him... anyone and anything which opposes or questions his far left liberal agenda bothers him. I believe as cream rises to the top, his sentiments have not surprisingly fallen down to his various departments and underlings. He doesn't have to tell his staff he wants the opposition off the stage and out of the way. They already know.
As with organizations and businesses, the behavior of the body of day to day workers usually mirrors the mood and tone and manner of their superiors. Government and this administration in particular, is no different. A wink, a smile and a nod behind closed doors can be as effective as a written order and not nearly as hazardous to ones job.
Obama doesn't want ANY opposition and his people know it. The question remains how many will be take a bullet for his ideology because somewhere in their twisted thinking, HE'S TOO BIG TO FAIL.
Come to think of it, it IS a bit surprising that no one has taken a pot shot at any of them, not as far as I know anyhow.

For some of you knuckleheads out there, that is NOT to be construed as me desiring anything of the kind. No matter what, I don't want change by bloodshed.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#162744 May 24, 2013
Bush is a looser :) trust me!

visit my blogs:http://tinyurl.com/ptpgd f5

Location hidden

#162757 May 24, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>How many letters have you written to demand that, you don't care how, but dollars must be allocated for security? How many letters demanding security first, investigation later? How many references have you seen in here being concerned that sequestration hurts an already weakened security force?
'Cos I've seen ZERO. That's why I don't believe the angst is anything more than Republican-deep.
How about this math? Take your "FOUR AMERICAN MEN", and multiple that by ten thousand Americans lost or maimed for life.

Then tell me why, IF it's about American lives and not politics, there is no such clamor for investigation(S) into the flaky rationale and conduct of the Iraq invasion?
Tell me why there is NO clamor for investigation into MILLIONS of dollars completely unaccounted for?
Why were American men sent to fight without a plan? Without body armor? Without vehicle armor? Without enough force? Without securing alleged WMD sites?
Tell me why Americans were sent to fight without the full MATERIAL backing of the American people?

Don't tell me about an Iraq thug. I don't want to hear about WMDs that didn't exist. I don't want to hear about a non-existent and ludicrous connection to Al Qaeda. I don't want to hear that it's "old news". There's still tens of thousands of American service personnel to whom it'll never be "old news".
'Cos, like you said, it's about American lives, right? It's about the sacred compact between the warrior and his nation.
Then let's talk about, when they had the chance, Democrats chose NOT to put the nation thru endless investigations. Why did "in the tank liberals" like Willie and I tell people like ETC and others that such investigations were political drivel, and produced nothing but speech fodder.

Do you recall how you railed at ETC and those like him, rationalizing yourself into pretzels about how all the lives expended were worth it? Do you have an inkling at all how much you guys sound JUST like them now except with FAR more speculation and FAR less substance?
All the substantial questions have been answered about Benghazi. It's been officially a witch-hunt for months now. Luckily polls show that the majority of Americans are satisfied. But I really do hope you all don't lose any steam. Keep going please.
It'll be 1998 all over again.
You must be kidding, Hip. Even if I were willing to spend the kind of time dissecting a post like this and discussing it point by point like I used to, I wouldn't bother with THIS one. First of all, it's a diatribe, and I won't stand for that. I'm not a disobedient child, NOR your employee who needs to be reprimanded.

Second, for heaven's sake, YOU've filled it with "old news." You're actually trying to deflect attention AWAY from the current White House/government scandals by POINTING TO BUSH, TO IRAQ AND TO 1998?!? Good grief, Hip, that's the sort of lame thing that drive-bys post :P You must be REALLY hard up for any kind of real defense if you had to resort to something so amateur :)

Last, the only part of your post I agree with is that I used to rail at Etc. when he posted the kind of trash that you have posted here. All the more reason for me not to continue doing it, and I don't have to, since the issues of Benghazi, I.R.S. and spying on reporters are real and substantial.

Really, Hip, can't you do better than this?
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#162758 May 24, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be kidding, Hip. Even if I were willing to spend the kind of time dissecting a post like this and discussing it point by point like I used to, I wouldn't bother with THIS one. First of all, it's a diatribe, and I won't stand for that. I'm not a disobedient child, NOR your employee who needs to be reprimanded.
Second, for heaven's sake, YOU've filled it with "old news." You're actually trying to deflect attention AWAY from the current White House/government scandals by POINTING TO BUSH, TO IRAQ AND TO 1998?!? Good grief, Hip, that's the sort of lame thing that drive-bys post :P You must be REALLY hard up for any kind of real defense if you had to resort to something so amateur :)
Last, the only part of your post I agree with is that I used to rail at Etc. when he posted the kind of trash that you have posted here. All the more reason for me not to continue doing it, and I don't have to, since the issues of Benghazi, I.R.S. and spying on reporters are real and substantial.
I can. Not really thinking much will come of it but...

Attorney General Eric Holder Lied Under Oath

http://lonelyconservative.com/2013/05/attorne...
DENG

Nanjing, China

#162763 May 24, 2013
BUSH, MURDERED 16 MILLION PEOPLE IN 8 YEARS, SO WHY HASN'T HE BEEN HANGING BY HIS NECK WITH A ROPE?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162764 May 24, 2013
DENG wrote:
BUSH, MURDERED 16 MILLION PEOPLE IN 8 YEARS, SO WHY HASN'T HE BEEN HANGING BY HIS NECK WITH A ROPE?
Nihau! You have access to Topix in China?

Location hidden

#162765 May 24, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No use, man. You've already got yer mind made up, and any attempt at trying to reason with you over this lengthy rant, etc., would be futile.
Neither of you can even admit that low-information voters exist, and that they helped to get this incredible joke of a President elected not once but TWICE!

Maybe you should look into WHY polls show people are satisfied,(depending on which poll you like).
You'all can snort and get all huffy, bored, tired, fed up, exasperated, steamed, stunned, indignant, or any of a dozen more emotions that suit yer needs. Frankly many of us including ME, just don't care. "There are much bigger fish to fry", as they say.

And I also don't care if a majority of Americans ARE satisfied.
Fortunately, there are still plenty of people that want the truth about Benghazi and the IRS, and the AP, and Rosen's privacy invasion. Hell I still wanna know if Holder was responsible for F&F, and if his Prez pal rolled out a special EO to protect his
a$$.

Two more things of which the pair of youse should be aware. One is just because you say so (in endless defense of yer Prince Charming), doesn't mean it's true. And second, even if I'm the LAST one standing, I can assure you that I will highlight each and every substantial mistake this clown makes, no matter if anyone reads them or not.

Obama should NEVER have been elected the 1st time. He can thank GW Bush for that huge blunder.
OUTSTANDING post, BB, every word :)

Location hidden

#162766 May 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I know what he's saying but it boils down to that. We think of war differently. Dying in a war is different than dying at the hands of murderers. It doesn't matter what you think of the war. If my husband had died in Vietnam I'd have been brokenhearted but I would have known those are sometimes the consequences and I hated that war and thought it was unwarranted. That's different than the way I would have felt if he had been made a sitting duck. You aren't making your point by saying everyone who disagrees with you just doesn't get it.
Well said, Lis. Tragic as the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and the others were, it's truly adding insult to injury to know that Obama and Hillary Clinton didn't lift a finger to help them.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162767 May 24, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I can. Not really thinking much will come of it but...
Attorney General Eric Holder Lied Under Oath
http://lonelyconservative.com/2013/05/attorne...
Does this Really surprise you, chris? Lying and blaming others is what this administration does. It's All this administration does.
Hell, even bill may-her took the week off so's he can 'get up to speed' on what the president wants him to say about 'the nonstory about the reporter' and 'the mostly business-as-usual' of the IRS. Bill will deliver the lines perfectly, with verve and gusto, and make big points with the audience about how stupid 'those prople' are. Of course,'those people' he's really talking about are the ones taking the blame for barry.
And bill may-her will be right. Those people Are idiots for taking the blame for the lame-ass IDIOT in the white house.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#162768 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Does this Really surprise you, chris? Lying and blaming others is what this administration does. It's All this administration does.
Hell, even bill may-her took the week off so's he can 'get up to speed' on what the president wants him to say about 'the nonstory about the reporter' and 'the mostly business-as-usual' of the IRS. Bill will deliver the lines perfectly, with verve and gusto, and make big points with the audience about how stupid 'those prople' are. Of course,'those people' he's really talking about are the ones taking the blame for barry.
And bill may-her will be right. Those people Are idiots for taking the blame for the lame-ass IDIOT in the white house.
True. The only thing that surprised me here is that nbc reported this on Holder. Like I said, I'm not really holding my breath on it but if Obama hacks off enough reporters they might just remember why some of them went into that to begin with. Is shouldn't be to cheer ANY admin or be an advocate. No doubt foxnews is hated but it might be good if we remember that the U.S. constitution should apply to all.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162769 May 25, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm sorry about that, but since it's about the same length as yours was, with nowhere near the all-caps emphasis, I'd like to know how mine was a diatribe while yours was, what? A homily?
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Second, for heaven's sake, YOU've filled it with "old news."

You're actually trying to deflect attention AWAY from the current White House/government scandals by POINTING TO BUSH, TO IRAQ AND TO 1998?!? Good grief, Hip, that's the sort of lame thing that drive-bys post :P You must be REALLY hard up for any kind of real defense if you had to resort to something so amateur :)
It's not my place nor intent to "defend" the administration, but I do follow current events. I also have not deflected - I and others have answered these points over and over again where possible since last September, and not one of you can even acknowledge their accuracy or plausibility. They are ignored and misdirected, then a week or more later the same questions are tossed around all over again, with all-caps emphasis on how it's about the American deaths. So in this last I shifted from plausible explanation to perspective. I find it....interesting some could demand continuous investigations into four American deaths but not 40,000 American casualties? I find it interesting everyone wants to "investigate" but no one seems interested as to what's been done about security since. I think it demonstrates clearly that it is in fact about an ideological witch-hunt.
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Last, the only part of your post I agree with is that I used to rail at Etc. when he posted the kind of trash that you have posted here. All the more reason for me not to continue doing it, and I don't have to, since the issues of Benghazi, I.R.S. and spying on reporters are real and substantial.
And you are misdirecting again. You all, more specifically, railed at ETC for demanding investigations and impeachment yet here you all are doing the same with far less substance and far more speculation. I think the contrast is relevant and worth noting.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#162770 May 25, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Like hell it is.
History validates my position, your's is wishful thinking.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#162771 May 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware that we have an American Consulate in Benghazi. I thought al-qaida ran this administraton out of Benghazi several months ago.
Your unawareness and ignorance has been duly noted.

BTW- Maybe you should read more and pay more attention, I responded to RobertaG's reply to me about the bengazi attack: Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>"We do have some real structural problems to deal with" Yes, and one of them is finding out who gave the asinine order to available, well-equipped troops that they were to stand aside and ALLOW a terrorist attack on an American consulate and its personnel to take place.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#162773 May 25, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of nonsense, why is your English so terrible, Somalian communist pirate? Did you learn it in your mud hut?
Communist pirate?!?!?!? That's like mixing water with oil.

Your intro: "Speaking of nonsense"

You said a whole lotta nonsense there...just as you announced you would.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162774 May 25, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have not deflected - I and others have answered these points over and over again where possible since last September, and not one of you can even acknowledge their accuracy or plausibility.
Two things about this stand out, to me. One is the little phrase
"where possible", and the other is your belief that you can "answer" certain points, when a Congressional investigation can't even get the answers. So far it's an EO to protect Holder, or "I didn't know", or "I recused myself", or "I didn't see that cable", all this from a President (admin) that vowed transparency.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
They are ignored and misdirected, then a week or more later the same questions are tossed around all over again, with all-caps emphasis on how it's about the American deaths. So in this last I shifted from plausible explanation to perspective.
What you've "done" is continue to harp that it's "only a witch hunt", or "it's NEVER been about 4 dead Americans", or you continue to disparage "Faux Noise". The 1st two are hallmarks of denial, and as for Fox News, each time someone like you tries to marginalize them, it only serves to verify that they are indeed on the right track.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it....interesting some could demand continuous investigations into four American deaths but not 40,000 American casualties? I find it interesting everyone wants to "investigate" but no one seems interested as to what's been done about security since. I think it demonstrates clearly that it is in fact about an ideological witch-hunt.
You actually want more investigations into the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan?? Why, because YOU declared the wars illegal? And you DO realize that even on the remote possibility that BushCo is found guilty of any wrongdoing, that your Rookie-In-Chief would be just as guilty for continuing the same policy?

And I'm pretty sure everyone is aware NOTHING has been done about Consulate security. That is up until yesterday, when "Bare" vowed to "close the security gap overseas" (para). Better late than never, huh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Thinking 64,636
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min mpetershat 654,425
Jessica Fellers in Clinton TN 28 min Newport30 1
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 42 min Hyunkle 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min MUQ2 45,288
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 49 min MUQ2 504
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,601
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web