“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162606 May 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I miss him too. But I think I understand. It is difficult (to tolerate the unbelievable defense of a president who not only is doing a poor job but is hurting this country and its people.
That is a key. We are not the same nation anymore and I'm not sure we can ever get it back. A short example. A few days ago an Ef-5 tornado (the worst with over 200 + winds) hit Ok. I'm active in one of Becks outreach groups that does whatever it can to help in times of need. In one day his group has raised over $1 million for people in the path of this storm. And the amount of pure hate toward Beck and his outreach is sad. In this very forum a poster said at times we should put policits aside. I agree. Its too bad that many can't and for some the most important thing is to win, even if we all lose.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162608 May 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know whether the IRS employee is making some kind of political statement about the inquiry or is genuinely concerned about self incrimination in criminal acts, but if I was to guess it would be the former.
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me."

Yea, that seems like a political statement to me.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
I don't know if she CAN be fired for exercising her 5th amendment rights, although there are different rules for political appointees and civil service employees.
I'm not suggesting that she be fired for exercising her Fifth Amendment right of protection of self incrimination. I'm saying she should be fired for refusing to tell her employers,(us), what she's doing and has done for the $$$ that we're paying her.

In private industry you'd be fired instantly for refusing to tell your supervisor what you're doing, or how you've spent your time... especially if your group's output is/was causing major problems for your company.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
I'm only casually familiar with the legal precedents regarding exercising 5th amendment rights before Congress, but I think it mostly goes back to the 50s/McCarthy era.
As far as I'm concerned, EVERYBODY should be entitled to exercise their 5th Amendment right, we're probably in agreement there. However, nobody is entitled to a job where they're keeping what they contribute a secret from their employer... especially if their output appears to have created problems.

Nothing McCarthy about that. Joe McCarthy was looking into peoples private affiliations, the people's oversight committee wants to know what she did/does for the taxpayer's money for which she was/is paid. Nice try.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162610 May 22, 2013
Isn't the workings of the IRS supposed to be a matter of Public Record? If not, shouldn't it be?
Maybe I'm being petty here, but isn't her arrogance a bit much to take?"I'm just going to take the fifth, so can I just skip it?" Why not take the podium and give us all the finger?

Location hidden

#162612 May 22, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't she get paid? She hasn't been found guilty of anything and before she's fired, a full investigation would have to be completed and she'd have to be found culpable.
She should be fired, and all pay cease, because she refuses to tell her employer,(the taxpayers), what she's done/doing for the taxpayer's money that she received/receives.
Lyndi wrote:
Here you go. This will make your day. The Department of Defense confirms that accused Fort Hood shooter Major Hasan has now been paid more than $278,000 since the Nov. 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and 32 injured. The Army said under the Military Code of Justice, Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty.
My wife thought that was wrong too, but I disagreed with her. Major Hassan is still in the military and has not been found guilty. The basis of our legal system is that everyone is "INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty"...(except when dealing with the IRS). Until that time, he is entitled to his salary and benefits. I just wish the Army, and this administration, would get off their asses, and get that traitor on trial.

The other thing I'd like to see, as he is still in the military, make him adhere to military policies... I don't believe that beards are allowed.
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/category/nidal-...
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162614 May 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close to what I said or what I mean.
Then enlighten us oh brilliant one. Tell us what you are saying and mean and skip the innuendo.

Location hidden

#162616 May 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You need Karl or a hyper-partisan shill like him to come back and play a game of scandal tit-for-tat with you.
As I've told you before, I'm not interested.
I do see a pattern here. That's why I mentioned Goodling, but it's not to change the subject to Bush.
The pattern occurs in the balance between the legislative and the executive. The pattern occurs in the political machinations around the majority's use (abuse?) of the legislative branch's investigative authority of the executive for political purposes.
I know every investigation into your hero's administration is "political" to you, but don't you think that if some group in the Executive Branch started bundling all Muslims into relocation camps, that the Legislative Branch should investigate and challenge that policy... even if that branch were run by a majority of the opposing party?

Why do you think the Congress was given the power to impeach?

Location hidden

#162617 May 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You can't be, noone can be this clueless. Do you honestly think the legislature is investigating all of the scandals for no reason or even for political reasons. There has been hints of evidence of Obama's incompetence and lack of transparency since day one of his presidency. As things got worse it was alot more than just hints. Obama is terrified that they are going to find out the truth about Benghazi, as he should be. I guarantee if they get to the truth it will not only ruin his presidency but his legacy as well. He will also ruin his family. Now he's saying he has suspects in the Benghazi attack. Suspects he knows dang well he cannot extradite.
Here we sit, going on nine months after our Ambassador was murdered and we were run out of western Libya, and we still do not know where the pResident was that night, or what he was doing. barry might be able to claim ignorance about almost everything else Benghazi, but he should be able to tell us where he was, and what he was doing... most transparent administration my butt!
Roberta G

United States

#162618 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
You think I should stop "servicing" him?
What will I do with my kneepads?
What on earth are you talking about?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#162621 May 22, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>What on earth are you talking about?
I stand accused of performing a sex act on the President of the United States of America.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#162622 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
s/h/b "
'
'
'
BABABBABABAA BWHAHAHAHAHAAA
Is that the way you Somalian pirates laugh?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162623 May 22, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
You know something, folks, I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS. Four men, FOUR AMERICAN MEN DIED NEEDLESSLY AT THE HANDS OF TERRORISTS IN BENGHAZI, LIBYA. I want to know WHY. I want to know what the blazes the President of the United States and the Secretary of State were doing when they they knew--KNEW--this was happening and knew WHILE it was happening. I want to know why the President of the United States went off to play golf in Las Vegas when both he and Secretary of State should have been in the White House Situation Room from the moment they heard from the consulate that it was being attacked until the attack was done.
Well,** I ** DO. And if YOU don't, I suggest you ask yourselves which do you love more: your Obama or America. Here's a newsflash: they are NOT one and the same.
How many letters have you written to demand that, you don't care how, but dollars must be allocated for security? How many letters demanding security first, investigation later? How many references have you seen in here being concerned that sequestration hurts an already weakened security force?

'Cos I've seen ZERO. That's why I don't believe the angst is anything more than Republican-deep.

How about this math? Take your "FOUR AMERICAN MEN", and multiple that by ten thousand Americans lost or maimed for life.

Then tell me why, IF it's about American lives and not politics, there is no such clamor for investigation(S) into the flaky rationale and conduct of the Iraq invasion?

Tell me why there is NO clamor for investigation into MILLIONS of dollars completely unaccounted for?

Why were American men sent to fight without a plan? Without body armor? Without vehicle armor? Without enough force? Without securing alleged WMD sites?

Tell me why Americans were sent to fight without the full MATERIAL backing of the American people?

Don't tell me about an Iraq thug. I don't want to hear about WMDs that didn't exist. I don't want to hear about a non-existent and ludicrous connection to Al Qaeda. I don't want to hear that it's "old news". There's still tens of thousands of American service personnel to whom it'll never be "old news".

'Cos, like you said, it's about American lives, right? It's about the sacred compact between the warrior and his nation.

Then let's talk about, when they had the chance, Democrats chose NOT to put the nation thru endless investigations. Why did "in the tank liberals" like Willie and I tell people like ETC and others that such investigations were political drivel, and produced nothing but speech fodder.

Do you recall how you railed at ETC and those like him, rationalizing yourself into pretzels about how all the lives expended were worth it? Do you have an inkling at all how much you guys sound JUST like them now except with FAR more speculation and FAR less substance?

All the substantial questions have been answered about Benghazi. It's been officially a witch-hunt for months now. Luckily polls show that the majority of Americans are satisfied. But I really do hope you all don't lose any steam. Keep going please.

It'll be 1998 all over again.

USA

#162627 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>

i see i created the poster screen name 'idiot" again!
'
Again i a Somilian pirate, and Whoremongering baboon! BHAHAHAHAHAH
'
'know you rile me up, where is that thread of yours,
'
'they coming on my face! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAA
What were you trying to say, Somalian communist pirate?

USA

#162628 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
'
Look everyone, NFL the War mongering moron is going to ruin my Thread with nonsensical posts with cursing and innuedos...
Speaking of nonsense, why is your English so terrible, Somalian communist pirate? Did you learn it in your mud hut?

“The future begins”

every moment

#162629 May 22, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't KNOW what I was referencing. Here. Allow me to give you a typical liberal leftie noncommital response which is common fare for your nontransparent ilk. I could plead the 5th or tell you I'm not a very competent writer but let's try this one on for size instead.
Ready?
Perhaps I was simply suggesting that Catcher get off his knees and stop shining Obama's shoes.
Don't sell yourself short, kid. Whatever it was, you described it as one with experience.

USA

#162631 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
'
'i see i created the poster screen name 'idiot" again!
Again i a Somilian pirate, and Whorermongering baboon! BHAHAHAHAHAH know you rile me up, where is that thread of yours,
'
they coming on my face! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Just keep copy/pasting your quips, Somalian. It's all you have.

“The future begins”

every moment

#162633 May 22, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Is there any competence in the obama administration?
From MSN.com/NBC News 05-21-2013
By Mark Schone, Investigative Editor, NBC News
Moore officials: Federal grants to help build 'safe rooms' delayed by red tape
Officials in the Oklahoma City suburb ravaged by deadly tornadoes Monday complained earlier this year about FEMA’s foot-dragging over $2 million in federal grants for “safe rooms” in 800 homes that would protect people from severe weather.
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/...
Yeah, the smoke's barely cleared over the dead bodies in a natural disaster

and Obama is invoked.

Nah, it ain't ongoing political gotcha games. Ya'll really ca-a-are. >coff coff<

USA

#162634 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
'
'your must be Shakespearian Engrish ? Not! Again i am a somalian commie pirate!
Go reaD history book as us pirates have political affectation , i am a ignorant whore mongering barbarian/pirate molester...you make fook of me you peon`.
My English is excellent, especially when compared to the addled ramblings of a Somalian communist pirate such as you, fool.

When you're not pirating, you mop floors at the peep show, don't you creep?

Location hidden

#162635 May 22, 2013
U.S. Admits for First Time Drones Killed 4 Americans

By CHARLIE SAVAGE, May 22, 2013

WASHINGTON — One day before President Obama is due to deliver a major speech on national security, his administration on Wednesday formally acknowledged that the United States had killed four American citizens in drone strikes in Yemen and Pakistan.

<CLIP>

Critics were not assuaged by Mr. Holder’s letter.“The Obama administration continues to claim authority to kill virtually anyone anywhere in the world under the ‘global battlefield’ legal theory and a radical redefinition of the concept of imminence,” said Zeke Johnson, an official with Amnesty International.“President Obama should reject these concepts in his speech tomorrow and commit to upholding human rights, not just in word but in deed.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us/us-ackno... ;
US Constitution Amendment 5 wrote:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
US Constitution Amendment 6 wrote:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/02/03/contr...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162636 May 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the smoke's barely cleared over the dead bodies in a natural disaster
and Obama is invoked.
Nah, it ain't ongoing political gotcha games. Ya'll really ca-a-are. >coff coff<
As much as the so called leader from Rhode Island, Sheldon Whitehouse for blaming people those evil "polluters" for a storm. Must be nice to be perfect on the left and never be a polluter. Of course today he said he was sorry. Not so much for his hate for fellow citizens but just becasue people heard it. Carry on.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162637 May 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the smoke's barely cleared over the dead bodies in a natural disaster
and Obama is invoked.
Lol. This from a guy that a few hours after Az. blamed Palin. No need to wait for any facts in hand to smear the right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min KayMarie 560,230
REAL ENEMIES of America living among us 3 min Icew 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Unga Bunga Malung... 605,288
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Lumajuice 777,552
Britney Spears Feat Iggy Azalea Bliss 8 min simou94 1
John Lennon was an Atheist 14 min Frog man 25
Would You Bet On Your Own Horse? 19 min Frog man 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
More from around the web