Bush is a hero

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#162637 May 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the smoke's barely cleared over the dead bodies in a natural disaster
and Obama is invoked.
Nah, it ain't ongoing political gotcha games. Ya'll really ca-a-are. >coff coff<
Lol. This from a guy that a few hours after Az. blamed Palin. No need to wait for any facts in hand to smear the right.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#162640 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!

You still don't have the Kings English nor Shakespearian! BWHAHAHAHA i do mop floors at the dirtiest peep show in Somalia, but you worst then laborers you
Unlike you, a confused and stupid Somalian pirate, I speak an American idiom. When is your car due for delivery, communist?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162641 May 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You can't be, noone can be this clueless. Do you honestly think the legislature is investigating all of the scandals for no reason or even for political reasons. There has been hints of evidence of Obama's incompetence and lack of transparency since day one of his presidency. As things got worse it was alot more than just hints. Obama is terrified that they are going to find out the truth about Benghazi, as he should be. I guarantee if they get to the truth it will not only ruin his presidency but his legacy as well. He will also ruin his family. Now he's saying he has suspects in the Benghazi attack. Suspects he knows dang well he cannot extradite.
I think you have to be incredibly naive (or very low information) to think there is ANYTHING Congress or the President does that doesn't have a political component.

Failing to take the political component of their actions into consideration, or refusal to admit that such a component exists equally on both sides, is what makes someone truly clueless.

It makes good party propaganda to say that only the Ds or Rs do it (or do it more, or do it worse); it makes great ideological warfare to attribute too much political consideration specifically to liberals or conservatives; but that's a distorted view of reality.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#162642 May 22, 2013
During his two terms in office Geo. W. Bush was the greatest President since WJC.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162643 May 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>How many letters have you written to demand that, you don't care how, but dollars must be allocated for security? How many letters demanding security first, investigation later? How many references have you seen in here being concerned that sequestration hurts an already weakened security force?
'Cos I've seen ZERO. That's why I don't believe the angst is anything more than Republican-deep.
How about this math? Take your "FOUR AMERICAN MEN", and multiple that by ten thousand Americans lost or maimed for life.
Then tell me why, IF it's about American lives and not politics, there is no such clamor for investigation(S) into the flaky rationale and conduct of the Iraq invasion?
Tell me why there is NO clamor for investigation into MILLIONS of dollars completely unaccounted for?
Why were American men sent to fight without a plan? Without body armor? Without vehicle armor? Without enough force? Without securing alleged WMD sites?
Tell me why Americans were sent to fight without the full MATERIAL backing of the American people?
Don't tell me about an Iraq thug. I don't want to hear about WMDs that didn't exist. I don't want to hear about a non-existent and ludicrous connection to Al Qaeda. I don't want to hear that it's "old news". There's still tens of thousands of American service personnel to whom it'll never be "old news".
'Cos, like you said, it's about American lives, right? It's about the sacred compact between the warrior and his nation.
Then let's talk about, when they had the chance, Democrats chose NOT to put the nation thru endless investigations. Why did "in the tank liberals" like Willie and I tell people like ETC and others that such investigations were political drivel, and produced nothing but speech fodder.
Do you recall how you railed at ETC and those like him, rationalizing yourself into pretzels about how all the lives expended were worth it? Do you have an inkling at all how much you guys sound JUST like them now except with FAR more speculation and FAR less substance?
All the substantial questions have been answered about Benghazi. It's been officially a witch-hunt for months now. Luckily polls show that the majority of Americans are satisfied. But I really do hope you all don't lose any steam. Keep going please.
It'll be 1998 all over again.
You've missed your calling. You should have been on the Shakesperean stage. What you're saying here in like a kajillion sentimental words is: " Lots of people die during wars, what's four more?"
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162644 May 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think you have to be incredibly naive (or very low information) to think there is ANYTHING Congress or the President does that doesn't have a political component.
Failing to take the political component of their actions into consideration, or refusal to admit that such a component exists equally on both sides, is what makes someone truly clueless.
It makes good party propaganda to say that only the Ds or Rs do it (or do it more, or do it worse); it makes great ideological warfare to attribute too much political consideration specifically to liberals or conservatives; but that's a distorted view of reality.
You've had an admission from me and just about everyone else that we know both sides are political. The difference is in the hiding of information so that we don't find out that the political jousting killed people. Do you not listen? And what if that was not the reason for Benghazi, which I suspect, but the reason was just plain old ennui, and the cover-up is for that?

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#162647 May 22, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't even know an idiom from Simile, you Grunting airhead! I am somalian pirate. Tell us more about Your Friends,, NFL, my Somalian pirates at home?
WBHABABABAAA
Ar you trying to say I know nothing of simile, simpleton? Here's a good example:

You have a head like a Bartlett pear, but without the smarts, illiterate Somalian fool.

There! You learned something today.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162648 May 22, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me."
Yea, that seems like a political statement to me.
<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting that she be fired for exercising her Fifth Amendment right of protection of self incrimination. I'm saying she should be fired for refusing to tell her employers,(us), what she's doing and has done for the $$$ that we're paying her.
In private industry you'd be fired instantly for refusing to tell your supervisor what you're doing, or how you've spent your time... especially if your group's output is/was causing major problems for your company.
<quoted text>
As far as I'm concerned, EVERYBODY should be entitled to exercise their 5th Amendment right, we're probably in agreement there. However, nobody is entitled to a job where they're keeping what they contribute a secret from their employer... especially if their output appears to have created problems.
Nothing McCarthy about that. Joe McCarthy was looking into peoples private affiliations, the people's oversight committee wants to know what she did/does for the taxpayer's money for which she was/is paid. Nice try.
Are you serious?

If you are attempting to portray an investigation as a political witch hunt, what better way to do it than by pleading the 5th?

The reference to McCarthy was only to put the case law I'm aware of in a time context, not to compare this to the McCarthy case (although I'm sure some of the REAL blind Obama defenders will make that claim).

My post wasn't about what I think she should or shouldn't be able to do; my post was about what I thought the government may or may not be able to do under the law and civil service regulations if she takes the 5th.

I don't think she should be taking the 5th on this.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#162649 May 22, 2013
Oct. 15, 2002:
Pres. Bush encouraged people with bad credit to buy a home and finance companies to loan those people money.

President Hosts Conference on Minority Homeownership
George Washington University
Washington, D.C.

" One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories to qualify for homeownership loans"
- Pres. Bush

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162650 May 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Then let's talk about, when they had the chance, Democrats chose NOT to put the nation thru endless investigations. Why did "in the tank liberals" like Willie and I tell people like ETC and others that such investigations were political drivel, and produced nothing but speech fodder.

Do you recall how you railed at ETC and those like him, rationalizing yourself into pretzels about how all the lives expended were worth it? Do you have an inkling at all how much you guys sound JUST like them now except with FAR more speculation and FAR less substance?

All the substantial questions have been answered about Benghazi. It's been officially a witch-hunt for months now. Luckily polls show that the majority of Americans are satisfied. But I really do hope you all don't lose any steam. Keep going please.
It'll be 1998 all over again.
No use, man. You've already got yer mind made up, and any attempt at trying to reason with you over this lengthy rant, etc., would be futile.

Neither of you can even admit that low-information voters exist, and that they helped to get this incredible joke of a President elected not once but TWICE!

Maybe you should look into WHY polls show people are satisfied,(depending on which poll you like).

You'all can snort and get all huffy, bored, tired, fed up, exasperated, steamed, stunned, indignant, or any of a dozen more emotions that suit yer needs. Frankly many of us including ME, just don't care. "There are much bigger fish to fry", as they say.

And I also don't care if a majority of Americans ARE satisfied.
Fortunately, there are still plenty of people that want the truth about Benghazi and the IRS, and the AP, and Rosen's privacy invasion. Hell I still wanna know if Holder was responsible for F&F, and if his Prez pal rolled out a special EO to protect his
a$$.

Two more things of which the pair of youse should be aware. One is just because you say so (in endless defense of yer Prince Charming), doesn't mean it's true. And second, even if I'm the LAST one standing, I can assure you that I will highlight each and every substantial mistake this clown makes, no matter if anyone reads them or not.

Obama should NEVER have been elected the 1st time. He can thank GW Bush for that huge blunder.

Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#162651 May 22, 2013
The president was correct about the perceived threat from Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162652 May 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. This from a guy that a few hours after Az. blamed Palin. No need to wait for any facts in hand to smear the right.
Lol. Didn't blame Palin "after Az". This from a guy that never let facts get in the way to smear...well, anybody.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162653 May 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You've missed your calling. You should have been on the Shakesperean stage. What you're saying here in like a kajillion sentimental words is: " Lots of people die during wars, what's four more?"
That's not what he's saying at all, but that misrepresentation of it is a lot easier than considering what he said.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162654 May 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No use, man. You've already got yer mind made up, and any attempt at trying to reason with you over this lengthy rant, etc., would be futile.
Neither of you can even admit that low-information voters exist, and that they helped to get this incredible joke of a President elected not once but TWICE!
Maybe you should look into WHY polls show people are satisfied,(depending on which poll you like).
You'all can snort and get all huffy, bored, tired, fed up, exasperated, steamed, stunned, indignant, or any of a dozen more emotions that suit yer needs. Frankly many of us including ME, just don't care. "There are much bigger fish to fry", as they say.
Fortunately, there are still plenty of people that want the truth about Benghazi and the IRS, and the AP, and Rosen's privacy invasion. Hell I still wanna know if Holder was responsible for F&F, and if his Prez pal rolled out a special EO to protect his
a$$.
Two more things of which the pair of youse should be aware. One is just because you say so (in endless defense of yer Prince Charming), doesn't mean it's true. And second, even if I'm the LAST one standing, I can assure you that I will highlight each and every substantial mistake this clown makes, no matter if anyone reads them or not.
Obama should NEVER have been elected the 1st time. He can thank GW Bush for that huge blunder.
Yes, bob, I know you've had all you can stands and you can't stands no more.

Even with that, I'd appreciate it if you'd quit lying. I've never denied that low information voters exist - I just don't think they're any more responsible for electing Obama than they were for electing Bush.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162655 May 22, 2013
For those interested in knowing where Obama & Hillary were during the Benghazi attack, listen to this fast-talking senior aide.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

“The future begins”

every moment

#162656 May 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You've missed your calling. You should have been on the Shakesperean stage. What you're saying here in like a kajillion sentimental words is: " Lots of people die during wars, what's four more?"
Of course I didn't expect anything more than the classic dodge in response, but it's all good. I been doing this awhile, you recall. The boards ain't about me convincing you, or you convincing me - it's about representing a position.

How do you think you did here?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162657 May 22, 2013
lisw wrote:
I didn't realize that we were at war with Libya, and obama isn't aware that radical Islam is at war with us. Probably why barry didn't bother to send troops in to defend our folks... there was no war.
lisw

Carroll, OH

#162658 May 22, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what he's saying at all, but that misrepresentation of it is a lot easier than considering what he said.
I know what he's saying but it boils down to that. We think of war differently. Dying in a war is different than dying at the hands of murderers. It doesn't matter what you think of the war. If my husband had died in Vietnam I'd have been brokenhearted but I would have known those are sometimes the consequences and I hated that war and thought it was unwarranted. That's different than the way I would have felt if he had been made a sitting duck. You aren't making your point by saying everyone who disagrees with you just doesn't get it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#162661 May 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
For those interested in knowing where Obama & Hillary were during the Benghazi attack, listen to this fast-talking senior aide.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...
Yep. Doesn't this go right against what Panetta said when asked about it?

“The future begins”

every moment

#162662 May 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
a$$.
Willie beat me to it, but still - never have denied the existence of "low information voters", and in fact have acknowledged them in posts here that, as I recall, were judgiconed, let's say, not popular. I understand your frustration, but you're flailing now, which taken together, appear a perfect metaphor for the current bevy of witch trials.

But I do find it ironic that you yourself have represented yourself as not knowing or caring much about current events or politics until very recently....

yet now you flatter yourself as among some august pantheon of "high-information voters".

Dat's how dat usually works.

I also find it ironic (you're big on the irony) that for months and months, you railed and railed that Obama shouldn't be doing nuthin but economy/jobs, and jobs/economy.

Yet here Congress ain't doin' nuthin but hearings after hearings.

And you want nuthin' but more hearings.

And all the while the economy slowly rights itself from the debacle that began in 2007.

And THAT'S what Americans care MOST about (since you mentioned polls).

And the results are a slight but steady rise in Obama approval, and a concurrent slow but steady lowering of Republicans in general.

Like I said, it feels like 1998 all over again.

"When will they ever learn?
When will they e-e-ever learn?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min River Tam 92,727
Florya MIELE SERVISI (2I2) 2O2 62 35 - 2O2 62 3... 10 min birimariza 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 4 hr truth 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr trifecta1 979,463
More from around the web