Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162480 May 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see that the Obama administration is 'playing politics' with Benghazi any more than is normal a) in a system where politics is an integral part of how we're governed, and b) in the face of an opposition that, once convinced they've got their gotcha, will never be satisfied with any answers the Administration gives that does not support the hyper-negative conclusion reached in advance.

What the House is doing now with Benghazi is nothing more and nothing less than what a Democratic-controlled House would have done eight years ago (when it became impossible to deny the occupation had gone to hell in a hand-made neocon hand basket) to President Bush over Iraq.

An inquiry run by the Democrats eight years ago would have accomplished nothing, because it would have been motivated as much or more to 'bringing the President down' as to figuring out what went wrong in Iraq.
Keep thinking that, Willie: " nothing more and nothing less than what a Democratic-controlled House would have done eight years ago"

I COULD say something about bobble-head dolls here, but that would be rude.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#162481 May 20, 2013
Yellow Stain is Back wrote:
<quoted text>You're just a political horsefly with NO solutions to anything.
What do you mean I have no solutions to anything? I've been giving solutions, you're simply too obtuse to understand the solution. Just for you, let me make it perfectly clear... KICK THE DEMOCRATS OUT OF OFFICE. If we get rid of obama and the Democrats, our economy will improve quickly and dramatically... no more "obama recovery", that ain't!

Maybe this forum is much too advanced for the simple liberal mind.

Location hidden

#162482 May 20, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The consulate in Benghazi was just a place from which Amb Stevens
would be better able to carry on in his outreach endeavors with the general Libyan populace. And he was evidently making huge inroads to that purpose when he was murdered by terrorist cowards. Many Libyans turned out to mourn the loss of Stevens.

Apparently he felt confident enough to leave the relative safety of his Embassy in Tripoli, but I believe at least one of his advisors should have (if they didn't) mentioned the possibility of a 9/11 anniversary attack, and to be wary of that possibility, especially with what was happening in Cairo. I guess they could have figured an attack would be more likely in Tripoli, as to why they went to Benghazi,we may never know.
Stevens seems to have been a good man, one who genuinely cared about Libya AND America. The more I hear of him, the more I realize the loss we have suffered.

If I had been Stevens, when the extra security I requested was not only denied, but current security REDUCED, I would have resigned effectively immediately and flown home. But hindsight is 20/20. It's too late for him, but I'm betting no other ambassador who finds a request for extra security denied will stay on the job 24 hours past receiving the denial.

#162483 May 20, 2013
Yellow Stain is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Why we have an american consulate in bengazi in the first place is a better question. We are in too many places for these things not to happen. It's inevitable.
I wasn't aware that we have an American Consulate in Benghazi. I thought al-qaida ran this administraton out of Benghazi several months ago.

#162486 May 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see that the Obama administration is 'playing politics' with Benghazi any more than is normal a) in a system where politics is an integral part of how we're governed, and b) in the face of an opposition that, once convinced they've got their gotcha, will never be satisfied with any answers the Administration gives that does not support the hyper-negative conclusion reached in advance.
What the House is doing now with Benghazi is nothing more and nothing less than what a Democratic-controlled House would have done eight years ago (when it became impossible to deny the occupation had gone to hell in a hand-made neocon hand basket) to President Bush over Iraq.
An inquiry run by the Democrats eight years ago would have accomplished nothing, because it would have been motivated as much or more to 'bringing the President down' as to figuring out what went wrong in Iraq.
You sound almost as pathetic as that poor slob that the administration sent out on the Sunday morning talk shows to try to defend last week's disasters. Why does this administration insist on sending out people that weren't in the loop, and don't know what went on? They only regurgitate the administration's talking points, but other than that, they know nothing except what they've been told to say. First Susan Rice, then Jay Carney, and now Dan Pfeiffer... administration puppets all.

#162489 May 20, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently he felt confident enough to leave the relative safety of his Embassy in Tripoli, but I believe at least one of his advisors should have (if they didn't) mentioned the possibility of a 9/11 anniversary attack, and to be wary of that possibility, especially with what was happening in Cairo. I guess they could have figured an attack would be more likely in Tripoli, as to why they went to Benghazi,we may never know.
If al-qaida ever decides to return the documents that they took when they ran us out of Benghazi, we may find out the answer. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm glad al-qaida allowed us to have the bodies of our dead to take home.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162491 May 20, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does this administration insist on sending out people that weren't in the loop, and don't know what went on?
That one's easy. They're dispensable. They're a dime a dozen and they can be replaced. Susan Rice doesn't have the value Hillary Clinton has which is precisely why Hillary Clinton didn't do the Sunday morning talk show circuit regarding Benghazi. Too risky for the heir to the throne to stick her neck out like that.
=====
Different topic but along the same creepy lines.
Do you know who outed the IRS story?
The IRS.
Do you know why I think they may have sprung their own scandal?
To perpetuate fear particularly among republicans all geared toward the 2014 elections.
Here's the scenario. The average American has a healthy fear of the IRS anyway. Everyone dreads the men in black suits ringing their doorbell and announcing an audit. No one messes with the IRS without losing sleep, most Americans take pains to do their taxes carefully because they ARE the political boogymen and they do strike a note of nervousness in most taxpayers. The taxman cometh and all that.

Now we have a situation where republican organizations, religious organizations, Tea Party organizations, conservative groups AND individuals have been targeted HARD. How do you think that will play to the public when it comes to writing a check or making a donation to the republican party when the 2014 campaigning begins? I'll tell you. It's going to make alot of people not write a check. It's going to make alot of people shake their heads "no" the next time their conservative candidate asks for a contribution. They have their families to consider, their jobs, a mortgage etc. and people who normally participate by send $$$'s will think twice because they don't want to wind up red flagged by the already scary and now even scarier ---> IRS.
How does that help liberals if contributions by republicans are way down? lol- It's a no-brainer.

It's called soft tyranny and it might be playing at a theater near you.

Happy Dreams, America!

Location hidden

#162492 May 20, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If al-qaida ever decides to return the documents that they took when they ran us out of Benghazi, we may find out the answer. I'm not holding my breath.
I'm glad al-qaida allowed us to have the bodies of our dead to take home.
Yes, that was so kind and considerate of them.

Location hidden

#162493 May 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That one's easy. They're dispensable. They're a dime a dozen and they can be replaced. Susan Rice doesn't have the value Hillary Clinton has which is precisely why Hillary Clinton didn't do the Sunday morning talk show circuit regarding Benghazi. Too risky for the heir to the throne to stick her neck out like that.
=====

The IRS.
To perpetuate fear particularly among republicans all geared toward the 2014 elections.

Here's the scenario. The average American has a healthy fear of the IRS anyway. Everyone dreads the men in black suits ringing their doorbell and announcing an audit. No one messes with the IRS without losing sleep, most Americans take pains to do their taxes carefully because they ARE the political boogymen and they do strike a note of nervousness in most taxpayers. The taxman cometh and all that.

Now we have a situation where republican organizations, religious organizations, Tea Party organizations, conservative groups AND individuals have been targeted HARD. How do you think that will play to the public when it comes to writing a check or making a donation to the republican party when the 2014 campaigning begins? I'll tell you. It's going to make alot of people not write a check. It's going to make alot of people shake their heads "no" the next time their conservative candidate asks for a contribution. They have their families to consider, their jobs, a mortgage etc. and people who normally participate by send $$$'s will think twice because they don't want to wind up red flagged by the already scary and now even scarier ---> IRS.

How does that help liberals if contributions by republicans are way down? lol- It's a no-brainer.
Happy Dreams, America!
Holy cow. That's downright diabolical, but I'm sorry to say you're probably right :s

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#162494 May 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
=====
The IRS.
Happy Dreams, America!
There you have it from your Commander In Chief:

THE SCENARIO

Let the praise from the sycophants begin.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162495 May 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You telling me I'm an idiot means just a little less to me than bobin claiming I'm WIR, lisw.
I told you several weeks ago I'm not interested in talking about Benghazi. I'm pretty sure I told you why, but in case I didn't - it's for the same reason I don't talk about 9/11 with truthers.
If you can't see, based on what you've posted above, why the truther comparison is valid, it's by choice.
Good then I'll say it again. You're an idiot. You know nothing of the possibilities that were present to save those that died at Benghazi. I do. I have a very knowledgeable informant. I will see how you react when and if the truth comes out. This is no 9/11 truther stuff. I've frankly lost any respect for your opinion. Oh yes I know you never had any for mine and you know what, I could not care less. When you are so steeped in defending the indefensible you're just not worth it. Your ego is over-bearing.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162496 May 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevens seems to have been a good man, one who genuinely cared about Libya AND America. The more I hear of him, the more I realize the loss we have suffered.
If I had been Stevens, when the extra security I requested was not only denied, but current security REDUCED, I would have resigned effectively immediately and flown home. But hindsight is 20/20. It's too late for him, but I'm betting no other ambassador who finds a request for extra security denied will stay on the job 24 hours past receiving the denial.
He was a good man and he was doing his job working to normalize relationships with the US. But Obama backhanded him not just by letting him be killed but by embarrassing the Libyan president by saying no he's wrong it was a demonstration and then blaming the Libyan people, who happened to respect the ambassador. Believe me this is so much worse than it seems.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162497 May 20, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
First-You started out with name calling which is nothing more than an admition that you have nothing intelligent to say really.
Second-The Obama admin was criticized for not getting involved in lybia......and then was criticized for getting involved in lybia BY THE SAME DAMN PEOPLE. Anyone can see what game was being played there, it's the same one you're playing.
If the name fits it's not namecalling. I think you are the one who has nothing to offer. You are a parrot repeating Obama talking points. No more than that. You have no clue what is going on.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162498 May 20, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound almost as pathetic as that poor slob that the administration sent out on the Sunday morning talk shows to try to defend last week's disasters. Why does this administration insist on sending out people that weren't in the loop, and don't know what went on? They only regurgitate the administration's talking points, but other than that, they know nothing except what they've been told to say. First Susan Rice, then Jay Carney, and now Dan Pfeiffer... administration puppets all.
Bobin, face it willie has no answers and the way he gets around it is to say "I don't like you, so I don't have to answer what you say." Easy.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162499 May 20, 2013
God bless the people in Oklahoma. I hope sister Kathryn is okay.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162500 May 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
THE SCENARIO
I know it's hard on you darlin' but something smells in the state of Denmark and it's not cheese.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#162501 May 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>If the name fits it's not namecalling. I think you are the one who has nothing to offer. You are a parrot repeating Obama talking points. No more than that. You have no clue what is going on.
OK, unload on me now.

Yes, Willie has an ego. So do I. What about the head Kahuna (you know who)?

But I think that he is pretty much right.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

#162502 May 20, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be a turning point. Because of the four deaths, people are beginning to look at other things barry's administration has done. The non-action shines a different light on things like the murder of the american citizen overseas. That's one. others are sure to follow.
Sorry, I don't remember the man's name, but it's being brought up in discussions on how badly barry has handled situations like this, and how often, and how quickly these things have been swept under the rug.
I get the feeling some folks in congress are going to sound like frat boys coming off a three day drunk, saying things like, "Really? He did That?" and "When?" as if they never heard of it before.
I love the way you put things, BH.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162503 May 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
THE SCENARIO
Get up off your knees, Catcher. No one here wants to watch you service Obama.
{GASP}
Did she just say that?
Why, yes she did!

Location hidden

#162504 May 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>He was a good man and he was doing his job working to normalize relationships with the US. But Obama backhanded him not just by letting him be killed but by embarrassing the Libyan president by saying no he's wrong it was a demonstration and then blaming the Libyan people, who happened to respect the ambassador. Believe me this is so much worse than it seems.
I do believe it. Stevens and the other three were betrayed, literally, for the sake of Obama's and Hillary Clinton's political futures. They were betrayed to the terrorists much as a watchdog would allow a burglar to rob the house for giving it a raw T-bone.

I'll be praying for your sister tonight, Lis. I didn't realize she lived anywhere near the tornado area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a place that you'd consider paradise on earth 8 min Doctor REALITY 9
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Anthony MN 543,400
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min dirty white boy- 741,196
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 33 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Eagle 12 228,053
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 39 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 41 min Paulo94 159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 259,795

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••