“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162324 May 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't middle-age a hoot??
Middle age is so far back in the rear-view that I can't even see it anymore. I'm Old. Not sittin' in my wet diaper old, but old just the same.
BTW, that 'twelve pound' dictionary you gave to charity is probably worth some bucks now. Collectors love em.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162325 May 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing old, and losing some memory, isn't all that bad.
:)
Eric Holder doesn't see it as a problem. He can't remember when he recused himself from the AP investigation.
He "can't remember" alot of things. He's "not sure" of alot of things and when that gets old, he tells us "he's not familiar" with the current issue at hand, he just plain "doesn't know" or he pleads the 5th. This is the same guy who doesn't want to appoint a special prosecutor to the IRS investigation.... he wants the Department of Justice to handle it. It's Comedy Central in DC. The dysfuntional left hand is investigating the dysfuntional right hand.
If it weren't all so pathetic, it would be funny.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162326 May 16, 2013
A few days ago the POTUS did a news conference using Prime Minister David Cameron as a buffer. Yesterday he gave us a whopping 4 minutes of his time telling us he fired a guy who had planned to resign in June anyway and today he's coming out again this time with the Turkish Prime Minister who in all likelihood and unbeknownst to him will be running interference against an increasingly inquisitive press on disturbing internal issues which don't pertain much to TURKS! lol-
"Let's be polite in front of foreign dignitaries!"

It reminds me of a scenario of a husband and wife who in the middle of a fight put themselves on their best behavior when the doorbell rings and their guests arrive.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#162327 May 16, 2013
Again, it doesn't matter what barry does. everybody is too concerned about his color and not his record.
Watched bill may-her last friday night, and he had a black woman on his panel. They were discussing different revolutions, and one panelist brought up the American revolt, and the black bitch had the temerity to gripe about the 'unfairness' of it.'Slavery was Still in place!' she yelled. Nobody pointed out the fact that the sitting president was and is BLACK. She's got Nothing to bitch about and nobody said so because she is black.
Can we stop molly-coddling these jerks now? They have everything, and more. They practice racism with every word and every gesture, and Nobody says anything about it. Isn't it about time to level the playing field? I don't mean bringing back Jim Crow, but at least call an asshole an asshole. Jesus Christ, someone just tell one of them to shut the f*ck up one time.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162330 May 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
A few days ago the POTUS did a news conference using Prime Minister David Cameron as a buffer. Yesterday he gave us a whopping 4 minutes of his time telling us he fired a guy who had planned to resign in June anyway and today he's coming out again this time with the Turkish Prime Minister who in all likelihood and unbeknownst to him will be running interference against an increasingly inquisitive press on disturbing internal issues which don't pertain much to TURKS! lol-
"Let's be polite in front of foreign dignitaries!"
It reminds me of a scenario of a husband and wife who in the middle of a fight put themselves on their best behavior when the doorbell rings and their guests arrive.
Succinctly put...and wasn't it too adorable, how he morphed two Marines into umbrella boys while he was at it...

Classy fella.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#162331 May 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Succinctly put...and wasn't it too adorable, how he morphed two Marines into umbrella boys while he was at it...
Classy fella.
When I was in the service we weren't allowed to even carry umbrellas... I'm not sure they had yet been invented.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#162332 May 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric Holder doesn't see it as a problem. He can't remember when he recused himself from the AP investigation.
He "can't remember" alot of things. He's "not sure" of alot of things and when that gets old, he tells us "he's not familiar" with the current issue at hand, he just plain "doesn't know" or he pleads the 5th.
That seems to happen a lot with this administration. Hillary didn't know anything, couldn't remember anything, except that nothing got to her. Same with barry and Holder. I don't know why we even need a pResident, or his cabinet... they don't seem to know, or do anything!
Lyndi wrote:
This is the same guy who doesn't want to appoint a special prosecutor to the IRS investigation.... he wants the Department of Justice to handle it.
Of course. That way you can be sure that no embarrassing evidence ever surfaces, and guide direction of the investigation so as not to embarrass the wrong people. Not only that, you can slow walk it as much as you need. It also has the added benefit of answering all inquires with, "I can't comment on that at this time, as there is an investigation currently in progress." (Protects pResidents, Attorney Generals, Secretary of States, et-al.)

I believe Barney Frank immediately initiated a House investigation when the banking scandal surfaced. It did wonders to keep the public from ever finding out how deeply involved the Democrats were in those banking failures.

Nixon did the special prosecuter route, Barney did his own investigation... which example would you follow?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162333 May 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to happen a lot with this administration. Hillary didn't know anything, couldn't remember anything, except that nothing got to her. Same with barry and Holder. I don't know why we even need a pResident, or his cabinet... they don't seem to know, or do anything!
<quoted text>
Of course. That way you can be sure that no embarrassing evidence ever surfaces, and guide direction of the investigation so as not to embarrass the wrong people. Not only that, you can slow walk it as much as you need. It also has the added benefit of answering all inquires with, "I can't comment on that at this time, as there is an investigation currently in progress." (Protects pResidents, Attorney Generals, Secretary of States, et-al.)
I believe Barney Frank immediately initiated a House investigation when the banking scandal surfaced. It did wonders to keep the public from ever finding out how deeply involved the Democrats were in those banking failures.
Nixon did the special prosecuter route, Barney did his own investigation... which example would you follow?
Each day I have to wonder what any of the people in the Obama admin do? Anytime something goes wrong, it happens often, the right is blamed and then its a new day. I heard today some flake saying the irs. screwing the private citizens in this nation were Bush folks doing all they can to make the dear leader look bad. Poor baby, he looks bad and the so called Pres should blame the man in the mirror. This is like a bad movie. Too bad its real people that Obama and some of his supporters dismiss.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162334 May 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Succinctly put...and wasn't it too adorable, how he morphed two Marines into umbrella boys while he was at it...
Classy fella.
Wonder what the optics are on that?

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162335 May 16, 2013
Now here is some good news!

Study: Republicans Are Physically Stronger

Physically strong men are more likely to hold Republican views, while weaker men are prone to support liberal ideas such as redistribution of wealth, a new study finds.

The research, published in the journal Psychological Science, found that men's upper-body strength predicts their political opinions, a link, researchers believe, may be a reflection of psychological traits that evolved in response to early ancestral environments when decisions about the distribution of resources came down to shows of physical strength.

"While many think of politics as a modern phenomenon, it has in a sense always been with our species," said Professor Michael Bang Petersen, one of the study's authors.

The researchers collected data on bicep size, socioeconomic status, and support for economic redistribution from hundreds of people in the United States, Argentina, and Denmark.

Latest: Is Obama in Cover-Up on Benghazi? Vote Here

The findings revealed that wealthy men with high upper-body strength were less likely to support redistribution, while less wealthy men of the same strength were more likely to support it. At the same time, weaker men, wealthy or not, were less likely to support their own self-interest.

"Despite the fact that the United States, Denmark, and Argentina have very different welfare systems, we still see that at the psychological level individuals reason about welfare redistribution in the same way. In all three countries, physically strong males consistently pursue the self-interested position on redistribution," Petersen said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/republicans...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#162336 May 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Each day I have to wonder what any of the people in the Obama admin do? Anytime something goes wrong, it happens often, the right is blamed and then its a new day. I heard today some flake saying the irs. screwing the private citizens in this nation were Bush folks doing all they can to make the dear leader look bad. Poor baby, he looks bad and the so called Pres should blame the man in the mirror. This is like a bad movie. Too bad its real people that Obama and some of his supporters dismiss.
The other day comedians were discussed. Forgot to mention that Phil Foster invented the crazy buddy routine, where the buddy is to blame for everything. and Freddie Prinze had his own in his act 'My Man, Nat.' I only bring this up because it seems that EVERYBODY is barry's crazy friend. Any time something goes wrong, barry brings out another person to blame. The problem here is, while the comic's friends are imaginary, and the 'crimes' they do are also fictitious, barry's 'friends' are real, and they all have to pay the price for him.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162337 May 16, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
The other day comedians were discussed. Forgot to mention that Phil Foster invented the crazy buddy routine, where the buddy is to blame for everything. and Freddie Prinze had his own in his act 'My Man, Nat.' I only bring this up because it seems that EVERYBODY is barry's crazy friend. Any time something goes wrong, barry brings out another person to blame. The problem here is, while the comic's friends are imaginary, and the 'crimes' they do are also fictitious, barry's 'friends' are real, and they all have to pay the price for him.
Growing up my folks would get the paper wherever we were stationed. The two I like and read was Snoopy and The Family Circus. In the Family Circus sometimes one of the kids would mess up and mom would ask who did it? Not Me. Not Me is a busy dude. Its not so funny when that sums up the daily briefing from the White House most days.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162338 May 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Now here is some good news!
In all three countries, physically strong males consistently pursue the self-interested position on redistribution," Petersen said.
Muscleheads are more selfish (and by right-wing extrapolation metrics, tend to be Republican, per NewsMax). Okay, whatever. Why in the world is that "good news"?
Lost In Transition

United States

#162339 May 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I see where the head of the IRS division under fire for the screening of applicants for non-profit status according to political leanings is now in charge of Obamacare enforcement.
Wanna bet she had no idea what was going on in her division?

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#162340 May 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing up my folks would get the paper wherever we were stationed. The two I like and read was Snoopy and The Family Circus. In the Family Circus sometimes one of the kids would mess up and mom would ask who did it? Not Me. Not Me is a busy dude. Its not so funny when that sums up the daily briefing from the White House most days.
Freddie did a bit on Carson (where I saw the Phil Foster interview. It was Johnnie himself that gave big praise to foster for his ingenuity in stand-up) mere weeks before he died.'My Man Nat was with me when I got pulled over. The cop was impatient with me and demanded my license. Nat spoke up, "Don't be messin' with my friend when he been drinkin'!"

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162341 May 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Muscleheads are more selfish (and by right-wing extrapolation metrics, tend to be Republican, per NewsMax). Okay, whatever. Why in the world is that "good news"?
Lol. Just my attempt at something funny. Just saw it in passing.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162342 May 16, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Freddie did a bit on Carson (where I saw the Phil Foster interview. It was Johnnie himself that gave big praise to foster for his ingenuity in stand-up) mere weeks before he died.'My Man Nat was with me when I got pulled over. The cop was impatient with me and demanded my license. Nat spoke up, "Don't be messin' with my friend when he been drinkin'!"
Yea. Lol.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162343 May 16, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where the head of the IRS division under fire for the screening of applicants for non-profit status according to political leanings is now in charge of Obamacare enforcement.
Wanna bet she had no idea what was going on in her division?
http://thecount.com/2013/05/16/nfl-player-on-... #

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162344 May 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>

Doesn't the whole situation positively scream "leaving the fox in charge of the henhouse"??

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162345 May 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Ida Know was usually not far behind Not Me ;)

But, Chris--for shame! Charles Schulz' was "PEANUTS," not "Snoopy" :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 3 min patrick boadu 173
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min shani 896
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ChristineM 740,320
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min RADEKT 259,729
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Epiphany2 601,188
I think I was raped while passed out!! 33 min Truth 13
Christians Are Afraid To Speak Out Against Sin 37 min Witness 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min ChristineM 227,897
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr hojo 543,118

Top Stories People Search