Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#162294 May 15, 2013
As far as heros, that's like beauty. It's in the eyes of the beholder.

Location hidden

#162295 May 15, 2013
My humble opionin however is no. Bush is no hero.

Location hidden

#162296 May 15, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Is the IRS still immune from prosecution? I remember awhile back, someone got screwed really bad by them, and fought like hell to get them into court. I don't remember the outcome.
You can sue the IRS. One guy that didn't pay his income taxes did sue them, on the grounds that taxes were unconstitutional. He actualy won the case. The jury agreed, but he still had to pay his taxes.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162297 May 15, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
You can sue the IRS. One guy that didn't pay his income taxes did sue them, on the grounds that taxes were unconstitutional. He actualy won the case. The jury agreed, but he still had to pay his taxes.
The IRS is protected by the same sovereign immunity that covers state, local, and federal government entities.

No federal jury has ever agreed that income taxes were not constitutional. Frivolous lawsuits of this kind are filed every year, and they're generally summarily dismissed. Cases that do end up in court are, unless I'm mistaken, usually initiated by the IRS as collection efforts met with legal maneuvering on the part of the defendant in the case.

There was a widely misreported case about five years ago (Cider? Cryder?) where anti-tax and anti-government activists claimed a jury found in favor of a guy arguing that income taxes were unconstitutional. They did acquit him of the charges, but arguments about the constitutionality of income taxes were never presented in court and thus were never even considered by the jury.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#162298 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You only got the one page in your quote book? Just wondering because you used the same one three or four times.
When I was a kid, I loved wuotes, and collected them the way other kids collected baseball cards. Then in college, a teacher said,'people who use quotes have nothing original to say. My collection went out the window the same day. Had a great memory up until about three years ago, and could quote tons of them, but age has caught up with me, and nowadays I have to look them up. If you need newer (and better) quotes, there's an online site that'll give you something different. wanna know the name of the site? Think of Jeopardy's 'stupid answers' catagory.
You and my mother have that in common, Blackheart. She has always loved to read, a trait which she took care to instill in me :) But our tastes in reading material are vastly different! She loves books of quotes of various kinds and I couldn't tell you how often Mom has sent me books of quotes for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Naturally, she saw to it that I got a copy of "BARTLETT'S FAMILIAR QUOTATIONS" when she heard I didn't have one (she'd taken it for granted that I did), and I'll NEVER forget the time she sent me a book of Shakespearean insults :D

Another time she sent me a dictionary, and not just ANY dictionary. The d*mn thing was so big it simply wasn't of any use at home, and must have weighed around 12 pounds :s All I ever used it for was as a doorstop and to press flowers. Eventually I donated it to a thrift shop :) The BARTLETT'S I still have, and I think I still have that book of Shakespearean insults too :)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162299 May 15, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a scathing email to Al Franken about 6-8 months ago. Not long after I hit send, I started having regrets. LOL. I also wrote to Klobuchar quite awhile ago about Obamacare before it was passed. It took awhile but she wrote back to me personally and had read my email personally. I really was impressed with her response, but not necessarily her answer.
With franken it took about the same amount of time but it was an auto reply, about 3 weeks later I got another auto reply (same one). I doubt anyone ever even read that email or ever will..........
An anchor from kmov ch 4, Larry Conners, dared to ask a few hardball questions of the dear leader. Short time latter the irs came a knocking. I asked over three years ago when will it matter that this guy is at least as bad (I think worse) than Nixon. I guess now it does.

KMOV anchor: The IRS is targeting me

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/k...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162300 May 15, 2013
lisw wrote:
Gosnell= eugenics.
He will never see the light of day again. With everything else going on this isn't getting much coverage. I quit posting in any abortion forum because how vile it can be. But I did find this of some note:

NARAL, Planned Parenthood Blame Pro-Lifers for Gosnell Horrors, Again

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/14/naral-plan...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162301 May 15, 2013
Committee Chairman:‘Yes,’ I Was Lied To by IRS

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/348399/c...

Lafayette IN

#162302 May 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
An anchor from kmov ch 4, Larry Conners, dared to ask a few hardball questions of the dear leader. Short time latter the irs came a knocking. I asked over three years ago when will it matter that this guy is at least as bad (I think worse) than Nixon. I guess now it does.
KMOV anchor: The IRS is targeting me
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/k...
KMOV anchor Larry Conners, who claimed he was targeted by the IRS after he pressed President Obama on government spending during a 2012 interview, walked back his allegation on the St. Louis CBS affiliate’s 5 p.m. newscast Tuesday.

“First, I need to state those were my personal views, not those of KMOV-TV,” Conners said (video above).“Second, to be fair, I should disclose that my issues with the IRS preceded that interview by several years. As a journalist I understand the importance of keeping personal matters separate from my professional work — sometimes you have to do that retain your independence as a newsman. Those lines might have been unintentionally crossed yesterday by my [Facebook] post.”

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/kmovs-larry-...

http://www.kmov.com/video/featured-videos/Lar...

I know, I know ... that just shows the power of Obama, what with him having the IRS start checking out Connors several years before his questions...

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162303 May 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You and my mother have that in common, Blackheart. She has always loved to read, a trait which she took care to instill in me :) But our tastes in reading material are vastly different! She loves books of quotes of various kinds and I couldn't tell you how often Mom has sent me books of quotes for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Naturally, she saw to it that I got a copy of "BARTLETT'S FAMILIAR QUOTATIONS" when she heard I didn't have one (she'd taken it for granted that I did), and I'll NEVER forget the time she sent me a book of Shakespearean insults :D
Another time she sent me a dictionary, and not just ANY dictionary. The d*mn thing was so big it simply wasn't of any use at home, and must have weighed around 12 pounds :s All I ever used it for was as a doorstop and to press flowers. Eventually I donated it to a thrift shop :) The BARTLETT'S I still have, and I think I still have that book of Shakespearean insults too :)
Yeah. Years and years of reading and stopping with,'That sounds good.' and writing it down somewhere to be found again later. When my brain stopped churning, my wife (who left the same year) bought me The Oxford Book Of Quotes. The big challenge now is, Who said what?
actually, Oxford catalogs them by nature, and also alphabetical.
Quotes used to be fun, and there were times when I was tipping back a few with friends, where we would try to out-do each other with them. even wrote several short stories based on those encounters. But now? Heck, I have to look everything up.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#162304 May 15, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>KMOV anchor Larry Conners, who claimed he was targeted by the IRS after he pressed President Obama on government spending during a 2012 interview, walked back his allegation on the St. Louis CBS affiliate’s 5 p.m. newscast Tuesday.
“First, I need to state those were my personal views, not those of KMOV-TV,” Conners said (video above).“Second, to be fair, I should disclose that my issues with the IRS preceded that interview by several years. As a journalist I understand the importance of keeping personal matters separate from my professional work — sometimes you have to do that retain your independence as a newsman. Those lines might have been unintentionally crossed yesterday by my [Facebook] post.”
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/kmovs-larry-...
http://www.kmov.com/video/featured-videos/Lar...
I know, I know ... that just shows the power of Obama, what with him having the IRS start checking out Connors several years before his questions...
Well than that makes his point pointless.

Lafayette IN

#162306 May 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well than that makes his point pointless.
When you or I vent on Facebook nobody but our friends/family give a what-ever.

When somebody in the media does it, people can take it and run with it a little faster than they ought to.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162307 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You only got the one page in your quote book? Just wondering because you used the same one three or four times.
Only twice. I'm using that particular quote because it's so appropriate. If barry's Justice Dept. had not secretly gone after AP, we'd still hear nothing but crickets from the WH stenographic pool. He shocked them into action.
When I was a kid, I loved wuotes, and collected them the way other kids collected baseball cards. Then in college, a teacher said,'people who use quotes have nothing original to say. My collection went out the window the same day. Had a great memory up until about three years ago, and could quote tons of them, but age has caught up with me, and nowadays I have to look them up. If you need newer (and better) quotes, there's an online site that'll give you something different. wanna know the name of the site? Think of Jeopardy's 'stupid answers' catagory.
I never watch Jeopardy, my wife occasionally does. She says I should go on it, because when I see it, I answer the questions. I told her it's a lot easier coming up with answers in my kitchen than on national TV. Not only that, some categories I know absolutely nothing about.

I think your prof was full of it. I have plenty of original thoughts, but I like to through in quotes to support those ideas.

I like BrainyQuote.com . I may remember something close to the actual quote, but for the actual wording, I'll drop over to brainyquote. For example, I thought the quote was "Never pick a fight with a group that buys their ink in barrels", and I couldn't remember the author. A quick trip over to brainy, and I had both the correct quote, and the author.

Location hidden

#162308 May 15, 2013
Throw not through.

Location hidden

#162309 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah. Years and years of reading and stopping with,'That sounds good.' and writing it down somewhere to be found again later. When my brain stopped churning, my wife (who left the same year) bought me The Oxford Book Of Quotes. The big challenge now is, Who said what?
actually, Oxford catalogs them by nature, and also alphabetical.
Quotes used to be fun, and there were times when I was tipping back a few with friends, where we would try to out-do each other with them. even wrote several short stories based on those encounters. But now? Heck, I have to look everything up.
Growing old, and losing some memory, isn't all that bad. Heck, you could be loosing your memory, and be in DEPENDS.
:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162310 May 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Only twice. I'm using that particular quote because it's so appropriate. If barry's Justice Dept. had not secretly gone after AP, we'd still hear nothing but crickets from the WH stenographic pool. He shocked them into action.
I just thought you were making that quote into a "tag" line. Other forums I post on allow members to put a quote or other saying at the bottom like you had it. Once you opt it into your profle or preferences, it will appear automatically on each of your msgs.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#162311 May 15, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought you were making that quote into a "tag" line. Other forums I post on allow members to put a quote or other saying at the bottom like you had it. Once you opt it into your profle or preferences, it will appear automatically on each of your msgs.
Cool.

All I can do is post, and add threads to tracker.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#162312 May 15, 2013
This is about the recently released emails:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/under-fire...

Also Obama comes on all serious face, regarding the IRS scandal, and claims he FIRED acting commissioner Steve Miller. But Miller, was only on the job for 6 months, and was leaving next month anyway.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/politics/irs -
conservative-targeting/index.h tml

And a former IRS commissioner Mark Shulman (Bush appointee) may have lied to Congress during his recent testimony. If so, Shulman faces jail time.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/georgia-la...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#162313 May 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
All I can do is post, and add threads to tracker.
Hah! With all the heat on your savior last week and 1/2, I'd a thought you'd be packing yer yard bags, and moving back to South America by now.

Stay tuned to this channel folks, much more to come.

Apparently now Jay Carney's job is wobbly, though I can't imagine why since he's only a monkey sent out to dance for his master.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162314 May 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I never watch Jeopardy, my wife occasionally does. She says I should go on it, because when I see it, I answer the questions. I told her it's a lot easier coming up with answers in my kitchen than on national TV. Not only that, some categories I know absolutely nothing about.
I think your prof was full of it. I have plenty of original thoughts, but I like to through in quotes to support those ideas.
I like BrainyQuote.com . I may remember something close to the actual quote, but for the actual wording, I'll drop over to brainyquote. For example, I thought the quote was "Never pick a fight with a group that buys their ink in barrels", and I couldn't remember the author. A quick trip over to brainy, and I had both the correct quote, and the author.
Yeah. I learned from that mistake. Decided some time after to never let anyone else's thinking replace my own. Acknowledge the merit, use what's useful, but keep my own, you know?
Been trying to think of a quote to go with this conversation, but am drawing blanks.
Oh well, in three weeks, two days, eleven hours, and twenty six minutes, something will pop into m'head. and I'll use it and none of you will know what the heck I'm talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arabic fonts for photoshop cs5 myegy 9 min ahmadwael 1
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 10 min Johnny 501
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Buck Crick 854,685
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min WasteWater 6,136
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 22 min Doctor REALITY 52
Brightdog Academy - Online Dog Training Course 23 min ahmadwael 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min hojo 596,228
The Christian Atheist debate 30 min Lbj 959
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 45 min Brian_G 444,311
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 612,610
More from around the web