“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162096 May 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm familiar with Obama's Rose Garden speech, where he made vague reference to the possible terrorist attack. But there was a deliberate effort to LIE to the American people, including the families of the victims, spinning the tragedy as a spontaneous assault over a video tape.
Someone gave Susan Rice her notes to recite on 5 Sunday talk shows.
claiming that it was a spontaneous assault, already knowing it was a planned 9-11 terrorist attack.
So what? I'll ask again, as Clinton did - what difference did it make?

Once upon a time there was an independent review done, which identified something like 26 deficiencies in the security situation at Benghazi, and potentially elsewhere.

NO ONE in Congress or on the street is talking about it, or about implementing it's recommendations.

It's all about what Susan Rice said, or the changes to an after-action memo, or other trivial stuff that won't bring back one dead American or save another.

So, let's drop the charade, all of ya, that this is about the safety and security of Americans,'kay?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162097 May 13, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any other ambassadors being attacked and killed while on duty since Iran, and that was over 30 years ago. What are you talking about?
I'm so far from surprised you don't know.

Here are the 11 Embassies attacked under President Bush:

June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.

February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Truck bomb kills 17.

February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomat directly targeted by the assailants.(You'd think you MIGHT have heard of this one, but no.)

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building.(No one was injured.)

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana’a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls’ school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana’a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

But, seeing as how these deaths weren't recognized as political fodder for the Republican machine,(big surprise there, eh?) you've been privileged to remain willfully ignorant...and the fact that few of the deaths were of AMERICANS at these American embassies, helped a lot as well, I'm sure.

Those folks are, however, still just as dead.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162098 May 13, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorists were already being "laser painted" by Tyrone Woods for the support aircraft and missles, unfortunately, aircraft and missles that were never sent.
Ah well, it's all water under the bridge now.

If Chris Stevens had only notified the State Department of his concerns over rising tensions in Benghazi and his desire for more security.......and if the Red Cross and the British envoy hadn't kept their abrupt departure due to fear for their lives top secret, maybe the most powerful military force on earth could have been ready. If Washington had just a HINT or two of the problems over there maybe they would have had a plan in place.
"WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?"
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162099 May 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
Truck bomb kills 17.
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomat directly targeted by the assailants.(You'd think you MIGHT have heard of this one, but no.)
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building.(No one was injured.)
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.
But, seeing as how these deaths weren't recognized as political fodder for the Republican machine,(big surprise there, eh?) you've been privileged to remain willfully ignorant...and the fact that few of the deaths were of AMERICANS at these American embassies, helped a lot as well, I'm sure.
That was all back when there was a war on terror. Haven't you heard? According to the POTUS, al Qaeda is nearly decimated and on the run.

Location hidden

#162100 May 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That was all back when there was a war on terror. Haven't you heard? According to the POTUS, al Qaeda is nearly decimated and on the run.
Not to mention that niggling little fact that he's prosecuting the war on terror against American citizens right here at home, these days...
Can you say, "NDAA" boys and girls?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162101 May 13, 2013
The presidential 2nd term curse.
1) Benghazi
2) IRS
3)?

One more whopper and we'll have ourselves a hat trick.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162102 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>Not to mention that niggling little fact that he's prosecuting the war on terror against American citizens right here at home, these days...
Can you say, "NDAA" boys and girls?
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/barackobam...

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162103 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Truck bomb kills 17.
He's trying very hard to deflect the conversation around the 'embassy attacks' you were talking about. That's why his post tries to hyper-focus on 'ambassadors being attacked and killed', SKL.

That suggests something other than ignorance - at least, ignorance as defined as 'lack of information.'

Crude and obvious also come to mind.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162104 May 13, 2013
For those Republicans, members of its wholly owned Tea Party subsidiary, and self-proclaimed Independents (in name only) who have been lusting after a Watergate since Tuesday, November 4, 2008 - you may have it, and it ain't Benghazi.

If this IRS thing goes outside the Treasury Department up the food chain, I'll be calling for impeachment myself.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#162105 May 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>So what? I'll ask again, as Clinton did - what difference did it make?
Once upon a time there was an independent review done, which identified something like 26 deficiencies in the security situation at Benghazi, and potentially elsewhere.
NO ONE in Congress or on the street is talking about it, or about implementing it's recommendations.
It's all about what Susan Rice said, or the changes to an after-action memo, or other trivial stuff that won't bring back one dead American or save another.
So, let's drop the charade, all of ya, that this is about the safety and security of Americans,'kay?
Lets also drop the charade of hope and change also..........kay?

#162106 May 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
The presidential 2nd term curse.
1) Benghazi
2) IRS
3)?
One more whopper and we'll have ourselves a hat trick.
I dont think we'll have to wait to long.........

#162107 May 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
For those Republicans, members of its wholly owned Tea Party subsidiary, and self-proclaimed Independents (in name only) who have been lusting after a Watergate since Tuesday, November 4, 2008 - you may have it, and it ain't Benghazi.
If this IRS thing goes outside the Treasury Department up the food chain, I'll be calling for impeachment myself.
Aint that sumthin?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162108 May 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>But bob, what Gates did behind that big desk is make decisions like the one under discussion here.
As far as a SAM-proof aircraft, well, that's news to me, particularly if you're asking the aircraft to fly low enough to effectively scatter terrorists surrounding/attacking a building.
You know very well that Stealth aircraft carry LASER-guided munitions and an array of other smart bombs.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#162109 May 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, bob ... as far as how many of the SFs wanted to go - they all did, every last one of them.
Never met 'em, don't know anything about any of them personally - but that doesn't matter.
Every last one of them was begging to go, every last one of them would have gone if ordered even if they knew there was zero chance of returning alive. I'd bet my life on that.
There's always someone behind a bigger desk that has to make the decision as to whether they go or not. That may not be the way it's told in whiz-bang movies where the hostages rescued and true love found while solving a global crisis in ninety minutes (with great special effects), it may not be the way it's told by former warriors in sea stories/war stories illustrated by Norman Rockwell, but it's true just the same.
The low rent crowd can challenge the courage or the compassion of people who aren't saying what they want to hear, but that's the friggin' truth. The people who end up behind those desks, or at least some of them, will tell you that the decision to stand down is harder to make than giving the go, because it is engrained in your very nature that you DO go and you CAN do.
Agreed, but my reference was about strength in numbers, rather than motivation.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#162110 May 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us, not just Americans go through a normal developmental stage of hubris. The obvious reasons for this is; poor parental role models, a weak father figure, a father who suffers from hubris himself, and ineffective mothers that consistently coddle and blanket their child. Hubris is the absence of humility and in the work place can lead to disastrous errors.
I have to say, I'm friends with some pretty knowledgeable people, with that being said, I wish more had a better understanding of our US & World history...
Hi, instead of the negative coward judge-its, try posting and debate the issue...:) Thanks, have a nice day!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#162111 May 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
So far only "appears' to be a lone crusader in Zinzinatti.

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-kept-shifting-targe...

Location hidden

#162112 May 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very well that Stealth aircraft carry LASER-guided munitions and an array of other smart bombs.
Why have it if we ain't a'gonna use it, Right bob?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#162113 May 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>So what? I'll ask again, as Clinton did - what difference did it make?
Oh no, she didn't say that to reduce the impending heat that was
starting to build under her feet....pffffffffffft.

And I doubt if anyone in here will "comply" with your last plea.
Especially when the hearings are far from over.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162114 May 13, 2013
May 9, 2013

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice was awarded the 2013 Louis E. Martin Great American Award Tuesday evening.

The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies gave the “Great American” honor to Rice “for her work in advancing U.S. interests, strengthening the world’s common security and prosperity, and promoting respect for human rights,” according to a press release.

Vice President Joe Biden was in attendance at the award ceremony and noted Rice’s “incredible job representing America’s interests.”

“When she speaks…no one wonders whether or not she is speaking for the president,” Biden said to CNN.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#162115 May 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, instead of the negative coward judge-its, try posting and debate the issue...:) Thanks, have a nice day!
I'd say the attempt to be "clever" in reversing the letters in your avatar, tells all one needs to know about you. Gee how original!

You have NO idea what intent, cowardly or otherwise is behind the use of judgicons. For you to make such a claim is at least arrogant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Ghost Writer 2 U 774,926
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Estelle 559,326
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min scirocco 119,646
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 604,955
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 744
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 2 hr nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 2 hr Set free 7,055
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web