|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No one knew it would have been futile, and it is the mindset of the military that you go in despite the danger if even one american life is at risk. They didn't know how this would unfold and yes those parents would feel better if they knew someone tried to save their loved ones. That is a no-brainer.
You sure change colors often, are you going for devil's advocate.? Pick a lane.
I would not have felt 'better' about it, if my military son had been thrown at a situation which was un-savable, and lost his life in the process. And as Hip mentioned, 40 lives were saved after the fact - no one talks about them - but you rattle on that 4 Americans died in an Embassy attack, and advocate wasting more American lives in service to American solidarity.

The 68+ folks killed in embassy attacks, under the leadership of "The Hero" in the title of this thread, aren't the subject of your outrage...I suppose because they weren't "AMERICAN" lives.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I would not have felt 'better' about it, if my military son had been thrown at a situation which was un-savable, and lost his life in the process. And as Hip mentioned, 40 lives were saved after the fact - no one talks about them - but you rattle on that 4 Americans died in an Embassy attack, and advocate wasting more American lives in service to American solidarity.
The 68+ folks killed in embassy attacks, under the leadership of "The Hero" in the title of this thread, aren't the subject of your outrage...I suppose because they weren't "AMERICAN" lives.
Your son would have said "it's what we do." Nobody knows if it was Unsavable. Would you not run into a burning house to save someone?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for some evidence to suggest that the decision was made to save face rather than on the tactical situation on the ground, lisw, and your suspicions of liberals, Obama, Clinton, Panetta, et al is not evidence.
I'm not holding my breath, mind you - I have no death wish.
I'm not surprised that you've retreated behind old faithful (in the tank yada yada yada). That's certainly a lot easier than having to deal with any yucky off-message stuff like what I've actually posted.
I don't want to talk about Benghazi because of posts like this one, where you misrepresent what I've said (never said anything about great insights - just offered my opinion based on what I know and experienced in the service), hide behind old faithful, and trot out some pseudo-platitudes about how we always go in.
We don't always go in. The United States military does not play 'charge of the light brigade' or go over the top WWI style marching in the face of machine guns. There's always somebody who wants to, there's always somebody who swears than can or could have done it, but sometimes they get stopped because somebody up the chain of command isn't convinced they can do it.
Sometimes those decisions are made prudently; sometimes there is an overabundance of caution; I suppose sometimes the decisions can be influenced by politics.
I don't know how the decision was made here. I don't have enough information to either defend or criticize the decision - and neither do you, unless you've got cards you ain't playing yet.
In the absence of anything remotely resembling evidence that the decision to stop the rescue was political, I can't see any reason to assume it was. If you don't understand the difference between that and 'being in the tank', it's a personal choice and nothing more.
Not suspicions willie. e-mails say this is what was said, basicly "save face" now Hillary or Obama may not have said it, but then the fact that they did not object to it, does that not either prove consent or incompetence? How you can say that things are not their fault because they didn't say it is unbelievable. You can't be that stupid.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not suspicions willie. e-mails say this is what was said, basicly "save face" now Hillary or Obama may not have said it, but then the fact that they did not object to it, does that not either prove consent or incompetence? How you can say that things are not their fault because they didn't say it is unbelievable. You can't be that stupid.
I'd like to find on the internet a succinct and accurate timeline of events and quotes beginning with the attack up to the present. A who-knew-what-when and a who-said-what-when would make this mess easier to review...for example, Hillary said this while standing next to the caskets of those 4 men:

"This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country. We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives of those brave men. We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful Internet video that we had nothing do to with."

That flipping video thing again- Did she know THEN that was BS while standing next to those caskets as she spoke to the nation, the world and their families? If the answer to that is yes, someone needs to wind up a slap her.
==
One other aspect which hasn't been discussed much was Libyan President Magarief's annoyance and dismay with the United States after Susan Rice made her infamous Sunday morning rounds. He had already emphatically stated, "It was a pre-planned act of terrorism," adding that "the anti-Islam film had nothing to do with this attack." So then, here comes ding dong Rice prancing around calling it a "spontaneous reaction to a video" which made him look like an uninformed, liar. He had every reason to have been deeply offended and he was. And Margarief for what it's worth, is precisely the kind of guy we want in Libya so when this entire charade was carried out it wasn't just America which was affected, the chosen reaction and response by this administration had other far reaching serious effects and negative consequences.

I don't think any of this is will result in an impeachment so I'm not even entertaining that notion but maybe we'll learn something from it and although that brings no comfort to the families of those 4 men, I guess it's something.

Would any of this have occured under a McCain administration? We'll never know but sometimes I wonder if his military knowledge and senior position in our government would have been more appropriate and helpful- he was a POW longer than Obama was a senator but what the heck....we threw caution to the wind, elected an unknown cubscout when we had multiple hotspots around the world and a war or two sooooooo, instead of choosing a seasoned opponent, here we are.

Anyway, he's doing dandy things for the gay community!
lol-

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to find on the internet a succinct and accurate timeline of events and quotes beginning with the attack up to the present. A who-knew-what-when and a who-said-what-when would make this mess easier to review...for example, Hillary said this while standing next to the caskets of those 4 men:
"This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country. We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives of those brave men. We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful Internet video that we had nothing do to with."
That flipping video thing again- Did she know THEN that was BS while standing next to those caskets as she spoke to the nation, the world and their families? If the answer to that is yes, someone needs to wind up a slap her.
==
One other aspect which hasn't been discussed much was Libyan President Magarief's annoyance and dismay with the United States after Susan Rice made her infamous Sunday morning rounds. He had already emphatically stated, "It was a pre-planned act of terrorism," adding that "the anti-Islam film had nothing to do with this attack." So then, here comes ding dong Rice prancing around calling it a "spontaneous reaction to a video" which made him look like an uninformed, liar. He had every reason to have been deeply offended and he was. And Margarief for what it's worth, is precisely the kind of guy we want in Libya so when this entire charade was carried out it wasn't just America which was affected, the chosen reaction and response by this administration had other far reaching serious effects and negative consequences.
I don't think any of this is will result in an impeachment so I'm not even entertaining that notion but maybe we'll learn something from it and although that brings no comfort to the families of those 4 men, I guess it's something.
Would any of this have occured under a McCain administration? We'll never know but sometimes I wonder if his military knowledge and senior position in our government would have been more appropriate and helpful- he was a POW longer than Obama was a senator but what the heck....we threw caution to the wind, elected an unknown cubscout when we had multiple hotspots around the world and a war or two sooooooo, instead of choosing a seasoned opponent, here we are.
lol-
Good of you to finish your post with a nice little mention of the "gay community."

I'd rather see you feeling depression instead of anger.

You know, depression is anger without enthusiasm.

You are enthusiastically angry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
==
lol-
Your points are good especially about the Libyan gov't. We keep saying we want peaceful muslims to stand up to the violence. here libyans tried to help the ambassador and yet were assigned the blame for a spontaneous demonstration. They (Hillary, Obama et al,) were not concerned about how the Libyans fault. Believe me if they have to throw a gay person under the bus they will, if it helps their political careers. Wish I could say lol but it's just so pathetic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

felt not fault

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good of you to finish your post with a nice little mention of the "gay community."
No Catcher, depression is anger turned inward.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>This is what is maddening - the extent of self-serving speculation and misinformation. You are pressing ahead with the idea that there was a chance to save these four. Did you not hear? Even Hicks, the so-called "whistle-blower", stated that the rescue deployment was already too late - the attack was over.
You all keep talking about "low-information voters", yet that very thing is on parade throughout this discussion.
There is absolutely no conceivable reason that the military would not have responded if there was anything to be gained. But what's the point showing up to a party after everyone's gone home?
One enduring question for me, which I don't hear addressed by anyone, right, left, mainstream, or comedy channel:
Forty (40) personnel >were< evacuated from the chaos.
No hay to be made out of that, I guess.
So called whistle-blower. What is on parade here is people that are so vested in Obama that nothing matters anymore. In other forum quite a few are discussing how some people are redefining words. Can't stand a person or what he stands for? Just put so called in. Hell Willie has done it many times when a Islamic terrorist acts and he calls it a "so called bomber". Just dismiss what is really going on and blame the nearest person on the right. Wait, you do that nonstop.:)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go. I doubt anyone here dwells on the homosexuals, nor is there any depression. An inconvenient truth for you is Obama showed the world his word is as worthless as our former gov. Charlie Crist. A few years ago is ideas on marriage were a bit different. And here is a fun fact. So was then rep gov Crist. No shock he is now all for homosexual marriage as he plans to run as a dem soon. You have to laugh here with Crist. When the writing was on the wall and people knew he would flip parties he said he never would. He did that just that a month latter, first to npa now he is a proud dem. Its good for laughs man.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No Catcher, depression is anger turned inward.
OK, I'll support a little of that for Lyndi--her anger is turned outward, and very well focused.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather she was happy, but I don't think there's much hope for that.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
What is on parade here is people that are so vested in Obama that nothing matters anymore.)
What is on parade here is people who are so vested in bashing Obama that nothing matters any more.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go. I doubt anyone here dwells on the homosexuals, nor is there any depression. An inconvenient truth for you is Obama showed the world his word is as worthless as our former gov. Charlie Crist. A few years ago is ideas on marriage were a bit different. And here is a fun fact. So was then rep gov Crist. No shock he is now all for homosexual marriage as he plans to run as a dem soon. You have to laugh here with Crist. When the writing was on the wall and people knew he would flip parties he said he never would. He did that just that a month latter, first to npa now he is a proud dem. Its good for laughs man.
If nobody dwells on the homosexuals, tell me why Lyndi ends a lengthy post with a cute little jab at the homosexuals.

Huh?

Tell me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll support a little of that for Lyndi--her anger is turned outward, and very well focused.
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather she was happy, but I don't think there's much hope for that.
Silly, there is such a thing as righteous anger, something healthy people have. You've never experienced it? That may be because you don't have anything that important to you. Lyndi's anger if that is what it is, is definitely righteous.
Take my word for it. Depression is anger turned inward on yourself, because you can't be angry with who you need to be angry with, due to fear usually.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So called whistle-blower. What is on parade here is people that are so vested in Obama that nothing matters anymore. In other forum quite a few are discussing how some people are redefining words. Can't stand a person or what he stands for? Just put so called in. Hell Willie has done it many times when a Islamic terrorist acts and he calls it a "so called bomber". Just dismiss what is really going on and blame the nearest person on the right. Wait, you do that nonstop.:)
Then Willie would get along well with VP Biden who referred to the Boston Marathon bombers as a couple of "knock-off jihadists." It's called minimization which is nothing more than trivializing behavior and is used as a manipulation tactic.
==
"Knock-off jihadists" Um, okay Uncle Joe. They knocked off a few limbs and they knocked off a few people and one of them while doing a fine imitatation of a "jihadist," actually got knocked off himself.

You just can't make this stuff up!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Silly, there is such a thing as righteous anger, something healthy people have. You've never experienced it? That may be because you don't have anything that important to you. Lyndi's anger if that is what it is, is definitely righteous.
Take my word for it. Depression is anger turned inward on yourself, because you can't be angry with who you need to be angry with, due to fear usually.
I'd call Lyndi self righteous, moralistic and narrow minded.

She's often wrong, but never in doubt.

That said, it is true that she runs on more cylinders than the rest of her cohort.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Your son would have said "it's what we do." Nobody knows if it was Unsavable. Would you not run into a burning house to save someone?
1) You're quite likely right - but then he wouldn't be the one left behind to grieve and carry on, however bravely, without him. That would be his wife, his children, his mother, his friends, and everyone else who loves him. And I'm sorry if it makes me less of a patriot, to believe that his use as cannon fodder, on the orders of someone half a world away, would be a waste of his life... but there it is.

2)Somebody, with far more information than you or I has, decided it was un-savable, lisw. That's why the stand down order was given...at least that's what the person that gave it, is paid to decide. They decided it would be a waste of more lives, or they decided it was a lost cause... whatever the reason, they decided, and four lives were all that were lost. Color me selfish for being glad that my son wasn't one of them. And there it is again.

And 3) To be brutally honest, whether or not I ran into a burning house, would depend a great deal on how much of a chance I perceived there was, to save anyone inside, unless it was someone I love. Don't know about you, but I'm really not into martyrdom, and even less into immolation.

They call folks that die altruistically,'heroes', but that doesn't make them any less dead.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That said, it is true that she runs on more cylinders than the rest of her cohort.
I have a delightful little gulf in my front yard. I'm going for a swim- hopefully you won't be sitting here like a borderline stalker when I come back.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're good for a laugh, anyway 'catcher'. Nothing funnier than a dullard trying name-calling.
One thing, though. Just who were you trying to impress with your latin phrasing? Nobody here was. They're all familiar with it. So, I guess you did it for yourself. Guess you'll see this post when you're done kissing yourself in the mirror.
Some here wonder how a big time lawyer can spend so much time online. Could it be that you've been judged Non-Souie Juris?(That means you ain't competent to take care of yourself or your finances, but can walk around outside)

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a delightful little gulf in my front yard. I'm going for a swim- hopefully you won't be sitting here like a borderline stalker when I come back.
It's just that you are such wonderful entertainment!

Hey, have your minions here wished you a happy Mother's Day?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 257,763
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,522
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min confrinting with ... 538,597
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min JUDEletePete 117,945
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min ChristineM 226,160
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 28 min pure top 721
justice for Ethan abernathy 55 min Jami richardson 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 599,750
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 hr Elohimsokie 2,412
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••