Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162067 May 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't have to go back a bit.
He can just substitute Bush for Obama in most of the posts that have appeared in this thread for the past year.
Works for me!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162069 May 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You just finished a post pondering whether the investigation into Petraus influenced his approval of changes to a talking point memo, but you're accusing someone else of a speculative statement?
Pu-lease, bob. When you're done tying Obama and Clinton to the terrorist group that attacked the facility, are you going to solve the mystery of Building 7?
Wrong. I was asking the misinformation officer if HE thought the investigation on Patraeus had any influence.

All that aside, I'm a bit surprised that you've chosen this tack.
I mean really Willie? Bldg 7? Because of your complaints, I stopped accusing you of blindly defending Obama, in the interest of continued discussions. Now you wanna be a smart-a$$?

Well Chief, I'm ready to go either way. You call it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162070 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby boy ignorantly attempted to correct me, and I properly put him in his place.
Heh heh heh, yeah you sure did, chaser.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162071 May 12, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>"Rain down hell"? Whoa, now that puts a whole new spin on "surgical strike".
But if you send the jets just for shock appeal, it'd be good if they could actually see them, wouldn't it, seein' as how it was nite-time and all?
This whole line reminds me of the SNL Belushi skit, "What if Napoleon Had B-52 bombers?"
Glad to see you 2 guys are easily amused.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162072 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such an armchair hero.
And you are an amateur keyboard sniper. But with you spending so much time in here, I guess many would-be clients are much better off. Yer likely an amateur paralegal ambulance chaser too. Hahahahahhahahaa!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162073 May 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I was asking the misinformation officer if HE thought the investigation on Patraeus had any influence.
All that aside, I'm a bit surprised that you've chosen this tack.
I mean really Willie? Bldg 7? Because of your complaints, I stopped accusing you of blindly defending Obama, in the interest of continued discussions. Now you wanna be a smart-a$$?
Well Chief, I'm ready to go either way. You call it.
Why would you even ask that question, bob?

It seems to me that the ONLY reason for that question is to suggest/imply/suspect that undo pressure was put on Petraeus to further a coverup or a misdirection or whatever.

To me, that's Building 7 stuff.

As far as whether or not you go back to the blindly defending Obama comfort zone, that's your decision.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162074 May 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see you 2 guys are easily amused.
Did you read the comments Hip posted from Robert Gates, bob?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162076 May 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Un-savable? How would anyone know that without trying?
<quoted text>
40 lives were available for saving, not because the USA rescued them from an attack, but because al-qaida decided to end the attack... leaving those 40 alive. I don't know why al-qaida decided to call off their attack, leaving those survivors living, and neither did the obama administration, nor did they know if they would end it. Me, I think the al-qaida leaders were scheduled to attend fund raisers the next day, and needed to get some shut-eye first.
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but what we're finding out is that four Americans were sacrificed to keep from embarrassing the obama administration, and their incompetent foreign policy decisions.
So, where's YOUR outrage over the many deaths at actual American embassies, during terrorist attacks perpetrated while the former Jackwagon in Chief was in charge??

>...crickets...<

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162077 May 12, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Calls for speculation, counselor, but it sounds irrelevant on the face of it. Since the affair had not yet broke, it seems immaterial, and reaching.
<quoted text>
Yes, something to that effect. We know now that there was considerable discussion about what to reveal in the interest of the ongoing investigations into specific terrorist groups. We also know that Nuland at State was concerned about giving people like Issa more fodder for their never-ending witc...er, hearings. In any case, terrorism was not denied by the admin as a possible contributor to the violence. Still have yet to see what material value was gained or lost due to the edits, beyond self-serving speculation.
<quoted text>
Calls for speculation again, counselor. What's the point? What would have changed in the situation if the memo tweaks had not been made? Would four Americans be less dead? Would the security situation in Libya have been altered? What exactly is the infatuation with what was said after the attacks? More importantly, has Congress authorized more security resources to assets in troubled regions yet? Have you and those who feel as you do written to demand a modest tax increase to support the War on Terror?
Wow, haven't heard anyone dwell overmuch on that.
<quoted text>
146 words? OMG! That sounds like a whole...couple of sentences.
Now you're mixing together the changes requested by the various involved entities, inc. the CIA and State, to the one edit claimed by the White House. Let's keep our culprits separate, shouldn't we?
<quoted text>Oh, no, not premature at all. I'm sure that Issa et al can keep these plates spinning as long as there's subpoena power left in their bones. ALL speculation until that concludes, if ever, is premature, wouldn't you say?
Check this out: Before the bodies were even cold, Romney was speechifying the deaths, blatantly politicizing the tragedy, and smearing himself with some swing voters in the process. Now, how's this for speculation? Ever since that embarrassment, the opposition has been desperately trying to sling the mud back.
Man you are every bit as good as Jay Carney, putting the best possible happy face on the ugly duck.

I'm familiar with Obama's Rose Garden speech, where he made vague reference to the possible terrorist attack. But there was a deliberate effort to LIE to the American people, including the families of the victims, spinning the tragedy as a spontaneous assault over a video tape.

Someone gave Susan Rice her notes to recite on 5 Sunday talk shows.
claiming that it was a spontaneous assault, already knowing it was a planned 9-11 terrorist attack.

And I have no doubt that 146 words for you is just "a couple of sentences", certainly a lot more than necessary to change consulate to facility. I saw the document held up side by side. About 4/5 of the entire document had the changes highlighted.

Again, someone is lying.

I'll say it once more. I can't stand this sorry POS that you and the other enablers foisted on the rest of us. And whether you like it or not, I'm gonna point out each & every error this thug and his band of [email protected] make, if for NO other reason than just to keep you busy covering up for them. Also never forget what OPPOSITION means.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162078 May 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>As far as whether or not you go back to the blindly defending Obama comfort zone, that's your decision.
Sure it is. Same as it's your decision to plug your ears, and throw in the towel every time someone accuses you of it. Makes no difference to me, I won't be goin' anywhere, long as I can sit upright.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#162080 May 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read the comments Hip posted from Robert Gates, bob?
Interesting as those comments were, Gate's who I have much respect for, sits behind a big desk in Washington.

IINM, at least one of the 4 victims was with Special Forces which had a number of men a couple miles from the "facility" in Benghazi.
He was ordered not to go try and help Stevens, but went anyway and lost his life.

How many other SF members were ready & willing to go, I don't know.

And I'm sure everyone including Gates knows the US has high-tech aircraft and weapons capability, easily able to avoid any POSSIBLE SAM missile strikes.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162083 May 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting as those comments were, Gate's who I have much respect for, sits behind a big desk in Washington.
IINM, at least one of the 4 victims was with Special Forces which had a number of men a couple miles from the "facility" in Benghazi.
He was ordered not to go try and help Stevens, but went anyway and lost his life.
How many other SF members were ready & willing to go, I don't know.
And I'm sure everyone including Gates knows the US has high-tech aircraft and weapons capability, easily able to avoid any POSSIBLE SAM missile strikes.
But bob, what Gates did behind that big desk is make decisions like the one under discussion here.

As far as a SAM-proof aircraft, well, that's news to me, particularly if you're asking the aircraft to fly low enough to effectively scatter terrorists surrounding/attacking a building.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#162087 May 12, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:

'Americans are filled with hubris, not with knowledge.
All of us, not just Americans go through a normal developmental stage of hubris. The obvious reasons for this is; poor parental role models, a weak father figure, a father who suffers from hubris himself, and ineffective mothers that consistently coddle and blanket their child. Hubris is the absence of humility and in the work place can lead to disastrous errors.

I have to say, I'm friends with some pretty knowledgeable people, with that being said, I wish more had a better understanding of our US & World history...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162088 May 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting as those comments were, Gate's who I have much respect for, sits behind a big desk in Washington.
IINM, at least one of the 4 victims was with Special Forces which had a number of men a couple miles from the "facility" in Benghazi.
He was ordered not to go try and help Stevens, but went anyway and lost his life.
How many other SF members were ready & willing to go, I don't know.
And I'm sure everyone including Gates knows the US has high-tech aircraft and weapons capability, easily able to avoid any POSSIBLE SAM missile strikes.
By the way, bob ... as far as how many of the SFs wanted to go - they all did, every last one of them.

Never met 'em, don't know anything about any of them personally - but that doesn't matter.

Every last one of them was begging to go, every last one of them would have gone if ordered even if they knew there was zero chance of returning alive. I'd bet my life on that.

There's always someone behind a bigger desk that has to make the decision as to whether they go or not. That may not be the way it's told in whiz-bang movies where the hostages rescued and true love found while solving a global crisis in ninety minutes (with great special effects), it may not be the way it's told by former warriors in sea stories/war stories illustrated by Norman Rockwell, but it's true just the same.

The low rent crowd can challenge the courage or the compassion of people who aren't saying what they want to hear, but that's the friggin' truth. The people who end up behind those desks, or at least some of them, will tell you that the decision to stand down is harder to make than giving the go, because it is engrained in your very nature that you DO go and you CAN do.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162089 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Quite the contrary.
So there's no comparison? What was your point... that if al-qaida gave us three months notice, we could have been able to find a military force to rescue them? Actually, they did... we should have been on alert with the anniversary of 9-11.

I knew the anniversaries of 9-11 are special times, and deserve extra precautions and alerts, especially in our public gatherings and in Islamic countries... how is it that the obama administration didn't?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162090 May 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>So, where's YOUR outrage over the many deaths at actual American embassies, during terrorist attacks perpetrated while the former Jackwagon in Chief was in charge??
>...crickets...<
I don't know of any other ambassadors being attacked and killed while on duty since Iran, and that was over 30 years ago. What are you talking about?
Libertarian

London, UK

#162091 May 13, 2013
Surely he's only a hero to americans who think their quality of life is worth non-american lives. If you'd rather kill foriegn women and children for a cent or two off your oil then Bush would be a hero.

If you value all life, no matter whether or not they're american then Bush is quite the opposite to a hero.

How that man could claim to believe in a god and do what he did not only astounds me, but also shows how utterly ignorant americans can be.

Personally I'm suprised the guy didn't burst into flames every time he claimed belief in a benevolent god. Probably because that god doesn't exist and Bush knows it. He just uses it to keep the ignorant right wing money worshippers thinking he's a hero.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162092 May 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is. Same as it's your decision to plug your ears, and throw in the towel every time someone accuses you of it. Makes no difference to me, I won't be goin' anywhere, long as I can sit upright.
The "obama blinders" TM that Willie wears are awesome. Not only do the blinders keep him from seeing anything other than what he wants to see, they cover his ears preventing other opinions from being heard, while playing nothing but barry's speeches and Robert Fibbs/Jay Carney misinformation.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162093 May 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>But bob, what Gates did behind that big desk is make decisions like the one under discussion here.
As far as a SAM-proof aircraft, well, that's news to me, particularly if you're asking the aircraft to fly low enough to effectively scatter terrorists surrounding/attacking a building.
The terrorists were already being "laser painted" by Tyrone Woods for the support aircraft and missles, unfortunately, aircraft and missles that were never sent.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162094 May 13, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Surely he's only a hero to americans who think their quality of life is worth non-american lives. If you'd rather kill foriegn women and children for a cent or two off your oil then Bush would be a hero.
If you value all life, no matter whether or not they're american then Bush is quite the opposite to a hero.
How that man could claim to believe in a god and do what he did not only astounds me, but also shows how utterly ignorant americans can be.
Personally I'm suprised the guy didn't burst into flames every time he claimed belief in a benevolent god. Probably because that god doesn't exist and Bush knows it. He just uses it to keep the ignorant right wing money worshippers thinking he's a hero.
Google :how many lives did Bush save in Africa and get back to us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 37 min coco 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brandy trujillo 980,109
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
More from around the web