Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#162021 May 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The hearings currently under way, will eventually find out who gave what orders and why. In the meantime, NONE of us have the
necessary info to make such a speculative statement. If you do have the info, post the [email protected] proof.
Again, you'd best climb down b4 you hurt yourself. Idiot!
You just finished a post pondering whether the investigation into Petraus influenced his approval of changes to a talking point memo, but you're accusing someone else of a speculative statement?

Pu-lease, bob. When you're done tying Obama and Clinton to the terrorist group that attacked the facility, are you going to solve the mystery of Building 7?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162022 May 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You just finished a post pondering whether the investigation into Petraus influenced his approval of changes to a talking point memo, but you're accusing someone else of a speculative statement?
Pu-lease, bob. When you're done tying Obama and Clinton to the terrorist group that attacked the facility, are you going to solve the mystery of Building 7?
Sure wish someone would...

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162026 May 12, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Yay ! you caught the obnoxious criminal-biddy eyed BAd Bob with his smelly pant down! BWHAHAHAHAHA
As Alexander Pope once wrote, a little learning is a dangerous thing.

Unless bad bob pays me tuition, I'm done providing him with an education.

Lyndi can be his teacher.

She's the leader of the right-wing cohort.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#162027 May 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So called whistle-blower. What is on parade here is people that are so vested in Obama that nothing matters anymore. In other forum quite a few are discussing how some people are redefining words. Can't stand a person or what he stands for? Just put so called in. Hell Willie has done it many times when a Islamic terrorist acts and he calls it a "so called bomber". Just dismiss what is really going on and blame the nearest person on the right. Wait, you do that nonstop.:)
As usual, you lag in reading comprehension.

I didn't say "so-called whistleblower". What I did say, I backed up with facts available to anyone who cares enough to inform themselves on the subject in discussion.

I know, I know, your cares are not of this world, or some sanctimonious variation thereof, whenever you step on your tongue. Again.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162029 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Definition of COHORT (Merriam Webster)
a : one of 10 divisions of an ancient Roman legion
b : a group of warriors or soldiers
c : band, group
d : a group of individuals having a statistical factor (as age or class membership) in common
Back to grammar school for you.
Fascinating.
You must be a blast at a dinner party.
====

The use of COHORT to refer to an individual rather than a group has gained considerable currency in recent years and seems now to be the predominant usage. 71% of the Usage Panel accepts the sentence: "The cashiered dictator and his COHORTS have all written their memoirs" while only 43% accepts: "The gangster walked into the room surrounded by his COHORT."

http://www.radford.edu/ibarland/Manifestoes/g...

Words evolve. Grammar evolves and this is boring.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162031 May 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating.
You must be a blast at a dinner party.
====
The use of COHORT to refer to an individual rather than a group has gained considerable currency in recent years and seems now to be the predominant usage. 71% of the Usage Panel accepts the sentence: "The cashiered dictator and his COHORTS have all written their memoirs" while only 43% accepts: "The gangster walked into the room surrounded by his COHORT."
http://www.radford.edu/ibarland/Manifestoes/g...
Words evolve. Grammar evolves and this is boring.
My use of cohort is the original meaning, and remains the primary definition of the word despite its bastardization.

Bobby boy ignorantly attempted to correct me, and I properly put him in his place.

Your googling is unnecessary. I am familiar with the once-incorrect, and now accepted secondary definition.

May I offer you a towel, madame?

I have one depicting a cohort.

“The future begins”

every moment

#162032 May 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
Elementary my dear Watson. Fighter jets go in first because they're faster and have the ability to rain down hell. At the least, it would've disrupted the attack. Many insurgents know that after the jets come the troop transports, a more lethal problem that radical cowards would rather not face.
"Rain down hell"? Whoa, now that puts a whole new spin on "surgical strike".

But if you send the jets just for shock appeal, it'd be good if they could actually see them, wouldn't it, seein' as how it was nite-time and all?

This whole line reminds me of the SNL Belushi skit, "What if Napoleon Had B-52 bombers?"

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162033 May 12, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>"Rain down hell"? Whoa, now that puts a whole new spin on "surgical strike".
But if you send the jets just for shock appeal, it'd be good if they could actually see them, wouldn't it, seein' as how it was nite-time and all?
This whole line reminds me of the SNL Belushi skit, "What if Napoleon Had B-52 bombers?"
No, you need to bring them down to SAM range.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#162034 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My use of cohort is the original meaning, and remains the primary definition of the word despite its bastardization.
You return the word GAY to it's original meaning from the 12th century despite it's bastardization and we'll call it a draw.

swing batta batta......... swing!

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162036 May 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You return the word GAY to it's original meaning from the 12th century despite it's bastardization and we'll call it a draw.
swing batta batta......... swing!
Lame, Lyndi.

Lame lame lame.

Cohort retains its preferred meaning.

I offer you my towel again, with a picture of a cohort.

An entire cohort, Lyndi, don't pass it up!

BTW, it's its, not it's.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#162038 May 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>This may be the dumbest post allegedly about Benghazi yet.
That's because it wasn't about Benghazi... it was about your lack of courage to make tough decisions.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#162040 May 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because it wasn't about Benghazi... it was about your lack of courage to make tough decisions.
Oh, so I show a lack of courage, huh?

I didn't say what decision I might have made, so I don't see how you could possibly reach that conclusion other than your usual pulling it out of your a*s.

BTW ... anyone who would bring up Pearl Friggin' Harbor in the context of Benghazi, even if one is only trying for a chickenshIt attack, is a complete and utter moron.

“The future begins”

every moment

#162041 May 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dandy narative Mr HipGnosis, it really was.
But since you are now <one> of the OFFICIAL spokespersons against all misinformation, maybe you can clear a few of these things up.
When Gen Petreaus "signed off" on the changes to the CIA Talking points, he knew he was being investigated (or would be) for his improprieties with his personal biographer. Do you not think this may've had some part in his thinking to go along with the changes?
Calls for speculation, counselor, but it sounds irrelevant on the face of it. Since the affair had not yet broke, it seems immaterial, and reaching.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>And did he not state under oath on Capitol Hill, that on hindsight, he found those changes to be "disturbing"?
Yes, something to that effect. We know now that there was considerable discussion about what to reveal in the interest of the ongoing investigations into specific terrorist groups. We also know that Nuland at State was concerned about giving people like Issa more fodder for their never-ending witc...er, hearings. In any case, terrorism was not denied by the admin as a possible contributor to the violence. Still have yet to see what material value was gained or lost due to the edits, beyond self-serving speculation.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>You said it was an Intelligence decision to change the TP's. If that were true, why would Petraeus later call those changes disturbing? And 2 key names have surfaced during the hearings: Ms Nuland (Clinton's top aide), and Ben Rhodes,(WH deputy nat'l security officer). What part, if any, did they play in making changes (allegedly 12 separate changes) to the CIA TP's?
Calls for speculation again, counselor. What's the point? What would have changed in the situation if the memo tweaks had not been made? Would four Americans be less dead? Would the security situation in Libya have been altered? What exactly is the infatuation with what was said after the attacks? More importantly, has Congress authorized more security resources to assets in troubled regions yet? Have you and those who feel as you do written to demand a modest tax increase to support the War on Terror?

Wow, haven't heard anyone dwell overmuch on that.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>A couple days ago on The Five, Eric Bolling held up 2 documents, one on the right the original TP's memo, he one on the left showing highlighted lines amounting to a 146 word alteration to the original. Jay Carney kept on insisting the WH only may 1 stylistic change, that being a "facility" in Benghazi, instead of a "consulate". I'm certainly NO expert, but I know that THAT stylistic change wouldn't take 146 words.
146 words? OMG! That sounds like a whole...couple of sentences.

Now you're mixing together the changes requested by the various involved entities, inc. the CIA and State, to the one edit claimed by the White House. Let's keep our culprits separate, shouldn't we?
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>Then there's some emails, and some more whistleblowers due to testify sometime soon. And I believe Issa wants to have Petraeus, & H Clinton return for additional questioning. He may also want to question Jay Carney, Ms Nuland, Ben Rhodes, and 1 or 2 others who may have pertinent information. Point is, your dramatic assertion that is nothing more than an RNC witch hunt is premature, wouldn't ya say?
Oh, no, not premature at all. I'm sure that Issa et al can keep these plates spinning as long as there's subpoena power left in their bones. ALL speculation until that concludes, if ever, is premature, wouldn't you say?

Check this out: Before the bodies were even cold, Romney was speechifying the deaths, blatantly politicizing the tragedy, and smearing himself with some swing voters in the process. Now, how's this for speculation? Ever since that embarrassment, the opposition has been desperately trying to sling the mud back.

Location hidden

#162042 May 12, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I would not have felt 'better' about it, if my military son had been thrown at a situation which was un-savable, and lost his life in the process.
Un-savable? How would anyone know that without trying?
And as Hip mentioned, 40 lives were saved after the fact - no one talks about them
40 lives were available for saving, not because the USA rescued them from an attack, but because al-qaida decided to end the attack... leaving those 40 alive. I don't know why al-qaida decided to call off their attack, leaving those survivors living, and neither did the obama administration, nor did they know if they would end it. Me, I think the al-qaida leaders were scheduled to attend fund raisers the next day, and needed to get some shut-eye first.
but you rattle on that 4 Americans died in an Embassy attack, and advocate wasting more American lives in service to American solidarity.
Excuse me, but what we're finding out is that four Americans were sacrificed to keep from embarrassing the obama administration, and their incompetent foreign policy decisions.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162043 May 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Un-savable? How would anyone know that without trying?
<quoted text>
40 lives were available for saving, not because the USA rescued them from an attack, but because al-qaida decided to end the attack... leaving those 40 alive. I don't know why al-qaida decided to call off their attack, leaving those survivors living, and neither did the obama administration, nor did they know if they would end it. Me, I think the al-qaida leaders were scheduled to attend fund raisers the next day, and needed to get some shut-eye first.
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but what we're finding out is that four Americans were sacrificed to keep from embarrassing the obama administration, and their incompetent foreign policy decisions.
You're such an armchair hero.

Location hidden

#162044 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If nobody dwells on the homosexuals, tell me why Lyndi ends a lengthy post with a cute little jab at the homosexuals.
Huh?
Tell me.
Because it was a true statement. Would you rather she had said he had worked hard to improve his golf handicap, or his ability to shoot hoops? Obviously, barry has spent more time on those endeavors than working on protecting and saving our overseas personnel.

Methinks that you're a little sensitive when somebody makes truthful statements that point out your hero's incompetence. obama's priorities aren't the same as main street USA's.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#162045 May 12, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Calls for speculation, counselor, but it sounds irrelevant on the face of it. Since the affair had not yet broke, it seems immaterial, and reaching.
<quoted text>
Yes, something to that effect. We know now that there was considerable discussion about what to reveal in the interest of the ongoing investigations into specific terrorist groups. We also know that Nuland at State was concerned about giving people like Issa more fodder for their never-ending witc...er, hearings. In any case, terrorism was not denied by the admin as a possible contributor to the violence. Still have yet to see what material value was gained or lost due to the edits, beyond self-serving speculation.
<quoted text>
Calls for speculation again, counselor. What's the point? What would have changed in the situation if the memo tweaks had not been made? Would four Americans be less dead? Would the security situation in Libya have been altered? What exactly is the infatuation with what was said after the attacks? More importantly, has Congress authorized more security resources to assets in troubled regions yet? Have you and those who feel as you do written to demand a modest tax increase to support the War on Terror?
Wow, haven't heard anyone dwell overmuch on that.
<quoted text>
146 words? OMG! That sounds like a whole...couple of sentences.
Now you're mixing together the changes requested by the various involved entities, inc. the CIA and State, to the one edit claimed by the White House. Let's keep our culprits separate, shouldn't we?
<quoted text>Oh, no, not premature at all. I'm sure that Issa et al can keep these plates spinning as long as there's subpoena power left in their bones. ALL speculation until that concludes, if ever, is premature, wouldn't you say?
Check this out: Before the bodies were even cold, Romney was speechifying the deaths, blatantly politicizing the tragedy, and smearing himself with some swing voters in the process. Now, how's this for speculation? Ever since that embarrassment, the opposition has been desperately trying to sling the mud back.
146 words is about 1/2 the length of this post. That's alot of words.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162046 May 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it was a true statement. Would you rather she had said he had worked hard to improve his golf handicap, or his ability to shoot hoops? Obviously, barry has spent more time on those endeavors than working on protecting and saving our overseas personnel.
Methinks that you're a little sensitive when somebody makes truthful statements that point out your hero's incompetence. obama's priorities aren't the same as main street USA's.
Hope you are watching 60 Minutes. Jessica Buchanan's rescue in Somalia.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#162047 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such an armchair hero.
.. thanks ..

HI HIP
& THE LOVE OF MY LIFE: SISTER LUST

Hermosa Beach, CA

#162048 May 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks ..
HI HIP
& THE LOVE OF MY LIFE: SISTER LUST
Well hellooooo HL.

Welcome to the right-wing cohort.

(And a few dissenters.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 48,884
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 646,690
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Ooogah Boogah 971,718
opinions needed 1 hr mannersmom 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,072
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,267
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 2 hr A human being 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web