|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

DS Higgins wrote:
<quoted text>
The previous statement still stands Hip. YOU, or any other left-winger can commission a study, that might debunk the "right-wing-myopic-study ".... right?
But I guess, absent evidence, you are more comfortable, for the moment, to make self-righteous claims about "jingoistic fear" on the other side.
I miss you D.S. Was looking back in time this is from Dec 2008. And so it goes...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
But Catcher will help you with the fundamentals of grammar and spelling.
I leave the comedy to you guys and gals.
You missed Stewart and Maddow? The whole thing is a comedy. Wonder if the families that lost loved ones are laughing?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Relax, guys. I think willie was playing with guns and accidently shot his sense of humor off. He used to know when I was kidding. Besides, the post was more to Lyndi than willie.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the deal, Willie. The mother of one of the seals said happy mother's day to Hillary. She said at least she had a child left. That mother doesn't. Hillary has totally left the building on this with no thought of what she "should have" done.
I will say one thing here for Michelle Obama. She seems to care about the military and the familes that gave so much. Don't know if thats real or p/r but I would like to think so. It too bad Michelle Obama isn't the potus. Don't really get that vibe from Pres Obama or Hillary. Disdain is all they have.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Relax, guys. I think willie was playing with guns and accidently shot his sense of humor off. He used to know when I was kidding. Besides, the post was more to Lyndi than willie.
Lol.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's just it. Willie can pretend that what went wrong in Benghazi has nothing to do with clinton or Obama but he is only fooling himself. You cannot separate what went wrong from the leadership. They screwed up whether purposely or because of total incompetence remains to be seen, but the buck stops somewhere.
Willie is so tangled in his "I have the corner on what is logical" that he is totally blinded to true logic.
I don't know why you're suggesting I'm making some claim to a corner on logic, since I haven't used the word in this conversation, but hey ...

whatever works for you.

I've never said that what went wrong in Benghazi and thereafter had nothing to do with Obama and Clinton, no matter what you may have thought you read or superimposed in advance on anything I've posted.

You have two issues here - one political, one operational and far more important.

The political one is disgusting, but it's not the unprecedented high crime or misdemeanor that opponents of Obama are making it out to be. It's as predictable as it is disgusting. This is where I at one point would have been tempted to point out historical perspective (what you trivialize as "Willie saying all President's do it"), but you're not interested.

Okay, I can't help myself. This obsession with the Benghazi talking points reminds me a great deal of the sixteen word controversy surrounding Bush's 2003 State of the Union address making the case for war with Iraq. It's excellent political payback if you're keeping score on a chickens**t scoreboard, but that's the only value it has.

I think it's wishful thinking in the extreme to claim that the Administration's bungled attempt to deny/distract from the fact that this was a terrorist attack was a 2012 election game changer. I understand the desperate need to explain the loss; hell, I once voted for a guy who actually won the popular vote and still lost the election.

You get up, dust yourself off, and move on.

The operational stuff - that REALLY is far more important. Here's the thing about the operational stuff, though: before you get to assigning more than general (the buck stops here) responsibility to Hillary, you've got to go through a whole boatload of most decidedly unsexy wonky policy geek stuff related to the way the State Department operates as an entity. It's boring, and there's very few political points to be scored from that.

Could Hillary Clinton have engineered a coverup of how much she knew and when she knew it? Certainly.

Did she? I don't know the answer to that. I'd like to, but I think the opposition to Clinton is helping her obscure that as much as any of her own actions, or those of her supporters.

Believe it or don't.

Here's the thing, for me at least. Blind hatred of all things liberal, all things Obama, all things Clinton is not evidence that she engineered that coverup. As an example, I see no reason to pay the slightest bit of attention to people who go off on tangents about who she was married to and what he did; I'm not really sure I see a reason to pay attention to people who let that irrelevant rot go unchallenged.

So ... if you need to think I'm fooling myself because I see this as a far more complicated issue that it's being discussed as, that's fine with me. If you need to assume I don't agree with you because I'm as motivated to 'defend' Clinton as some of her opponents are to 'get' here, that's fine too.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's just it. Willie can pretend that what went wrong in Benghazi has nothing to do with clinton or Obama but he is only fooling himself. You cannot separate what went wrong from the leadership. They screwed up whether purposely or because of total incompetence remains to be seen, but the buck stops somewhere.
Willie is so tangled in his "I have the corner on what is logical" that he is totally blinded to true logic.
Did you even read my answer to Rider's post, or would that interfere with the views you've assigned me?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this stupid, bob?
I don't care that heat's been put on the State Department. In the aftermath of something like Benghazi, heat SHOULD be on the State Department and the White House.
What I do care about is the fact that any actual accountability for what happened in Benghazi and its aftermath will NEVER COME TO FRUITION so long as any hearing or investigation is motivated more by the desire to get Obama or Clinton than they are in figuring out what went wrong.
If anything's going to let "Slick Hilly" escape what responsibility may actually properly land on her desk (beyond the general 'buck stops here'), it's going to be the obvious witch hunt that's been underway since before the bodies got back to the United States.
Show me something, bob, other than bodies and yelling and screaming. Show me, for example, that the reason the rescue assets weren't deployed was based on political rather than tactical reasons.
The only way you're going to show me that is through some kind of unbiased, impartial investigation - something that's as likely to come out of the House of Representatives now as an unbiased, impartial investigation of the Iraq War would have come out of the House circa 2007 under Pelosi.
You tell me smart guy. How long would it take for fighter jets from Italy to scramble and fly across the Med to Benghazi? 2-3 hours? How long did the attack in Benghazi last, 7+ hours?

Unarmed drones were circling overhead during the attack, you think if they HAD been armed and unleashed a few HELLFIRE missiles, that may have saved some lives? Or how about the real-time video feed that was being monitored here in DC for several hours. You'd think SOMEone would pick up the phone and call for help for those folks in Benghazi.

Who gave the freakin' order to have our military "stand down" rather than try to save the Ambassador and the other 3 men, vastly outnumbered. I don't claim to know exactly what happened that night, and who stopped the rescue attempt. That's what the hearings are for.

But we DO know that the CIA Talking Points were changed 12 times, not 1 minor stylistic change as the President's spoke person (Carney) just stated yesterday. If you don't think that was a blatant effort to alter the facts from "radical Muslim terrorists" to something less sinister, that's not MY problem.

As for showing YOU unbiased proof of ANYthing, you are SADLY misguided. With your resources and multiple feeds, I'm sure you can do your OWN d@mn research. And I don't really care HOW stupid you think I am. At one time I did, but not any more.

It's no secret that I can't stand Obama or any of his minions. He should NEVER have been put in the WH in the 1st place. I hope the b@stard is impeached, the sooner the better. But the best part of that is that the millions of his drooling, adoring fans finally get to see him for who he really is. Just another cheap Chicago thug.

Oh one more thing, Grasshoppah. Instead of bitchin' about the circle jerk trending of this thread, how about tossing some of YOUR favorite topics out for discussion. I may be stupid, but there are several in here who aren't, such as HipG, and a few others. Maybe they'll be able to stimulate your need for intelligent exchanges.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhhh ... the Kennedy Assassination?
Huh.
I'm skeptical of Congressional investigations because of the inherent political nature of Congress. The problem of wildly biased 'investigations' goes way back way before the JFK assassination, btw; I've read some from reconstruction through the 20s, not to mention some of the McCarthy Committee stuff from the 50s, that would make John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi look downright apolitical.
(yes, I mean read them. I'm a history geek - sue me.)
Being skeptical, however, is not the same thing as dismissing them outright in order to pursue wild conspiracy theories about the sinister forces behind everything from the 60s assassinations up through 9/11, because, you know, THEY are hiding the truth from us.
Truly unbiased is a goal I don't know can ever be achieved, but in normal times Congress does a much better job than you might expect out of professional pols with significant events.
The thing is, these aren't normal times. These are highly polarized times that make the 60s look downright amicable. It started probably toward the end of the term of Bush I and has been increasing exponentially since. IMO you've got to go back to 1939-41, or before that 1859-60, to find a comparison.
Firstly, and as usual, I do appreciate the perspective...Kennedy was the first conspiracy I could think of - and I realize it's hardly the only one in the last four decades.

Second, these times may have diverged in 'normalcy' from 20 years ago, but this is the new normal - which, as you rightly pointed out, has been he case since the end of G.H.W. Bush's term as President.

My question still stands - what makes any of you think there is going to be an independent, much less unbiased, investigation into Benghazi, or any other incident involving the Presidency??

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the deal, Willie. The mother of one of the seals said happy mother's day to Hillary. She said at least she had a child left. That mother doesn't. Hillary has totally left the building on this with no thought of what she "should have" done.
I don't have your insight into Hillary Clinton's mind, lisw.

I don't know what she's thinking, let alone what possible value her talking about what she's thinking might have at this time. I'm sure she'd find a real receptive audience among the regulars of this thread, and despite what views the script might call for you to assign me - I'm likely to be as skeptical as anyone.

I feel for the mother of the Seal, just as I felt sympathy for Cindy Sheehan.

Here's the thing, though. I disagreed with the way Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld ran the war in Iraq, but I would NEVER lower myself to the point where I'd claim they are heartless bas**rds who don't care that their decisions cost lives.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have your insight into Hillary Clinton's mind, lisw.
I don't know what she's thinking, let alone what possible value her talking about what she's thinking might have at this time. I'm sure she'd find a real receptive audience among the regulars of this thread, and despite what views the script might call for you to assign me - I'm likely to be as skeptical as anyone.
I feel for the mother of the Seal, just as I felt sympathy for Cindy Sheehan.
Here's the thing, though. I disagreed with the way Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld ran the war in Iraq, but I would NEVER lower myself to the point where I'd claim they are heartless bas**rds who don't care that their decisions cost lives.
Actions speak louder than words, Willie. Actions and inaction both.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Hi, folks.

The bloom is officially off the Obama rose.

How delightful :)

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me smart guy. How long would it take for fighter jets from Italy to scramble and fly across the Med to Benghazi? 2-3 hours? How long did the attack in Benghazi last, 7+ hours?
Unarmed drones were circling overhead during the attack, you think if they HAD been armed and unleashed a few HELLFIRE missiles, that may have saved some lives? Or how about the real-time video feed that was being monitored here in DC for several hours. You'd think SOMEone would pick up the phone and call for help for those folks in Benghazi.
Who gave the freakin' order to have our military "stand down" rather than try to save the Ambassador and the other 3 men, vastly outnumbered. I don't claim to know exactly what happened that night, and who stopped the rescue attempt. That's what the hearings are for.
But we DO know that the CIA Talking Points were changed 12 times, not 1 minor stylistic change as the President's spoke person (Carney) just stated yesterday. If you don't think that was a blatant effort to alter the facts from "radical Muslim terrorists" to something less sinister, that's not MY problem.
As for showing YOU unbiased proof of ANYthing, you are SADLY misguided. With your resources and multiple feeds, I'm sure you can do your OWN d@mn research. And I don't really care HOW stupid you think I am. At one time I did, but not any more.
It's no secret that I can't stand Obama or any of his minions. He should NEVER have been put in the WH in the 1st place. I hope the b@stard is impeached, the sooner the better. But the best part of that is that the millions of his drooling, adoring fans finally get to see him for who he really is. Just another cheap Chicago thug.
Oh one more thing, Grasshoppah. Instead of bitchin' about the circle jerk trending of this thread, how about tossing some of YOUR favorite topics out for discussion. I may be stupid, but there are several in here who aren't, such as HipG, and a few others. Maybe they'll be able to stimulate your need for intelligent exchanges.
I do not think you are stupid, bob, and don't believe you when you try to play dumb.

The question ... the question comes back to your insistence that I'm upset because Obama and/or Hillary is being questioned, that everything I say is an attempt to blindly defend Obama or Clinton or (insert target here).

The questions being asked of Obama and Clinton by most of their opponents are of the 'when did you quit beating your wife' variety, not a Howard Baker-esque "What did the President/Secretary know and when did he/she know it?"

That don't cut it with me, whether the President or Cabinet official is from my party or not.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could be that Bob is kind of tired of the never ending lies. Over the last year all I heard was "Romeny lies, Romeny lies. Strange that when the Pres, the one we have now is caught its the same crap I've been hearing since 2008. You hate him, don't like him because he is black, don't like him because he is a Muslim (yet to hear anyone I know say it but the left says it often) Do you have anything other than the same crap thats now close to 6 years running?
You don't read my posts anyway, Chris - you've told me that.

So ... how the hell do you know what I've said?

I'll ask you the same question I asked you before - show me any posts where I've shared any of the views you attribute to me.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Actions speak louder than words, Willie. Actions and inaction both.
I have no idea what this means, SKL.

What actions do you think Hillary Clinton could possibly take in these circumstances that would speak to anyone, let alone a bereaved mother, in this poisonous environment?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say one thing here for Michelle Obama. She seems to care about the military and the familes that gave so much. Don't know if thats real or p/r but I would like to think so. It too bad Michelle Obama isn't the potus. Don't really get that vibe from Pres Obama or Hillary. Disdain is all they have.
I've not seen the evidence that Michelle Obama has or has not helped military families so I can't say. I am beginning to believe that those in very high positions should have military experience just because you have to "feel" the no man left behind imo to lead in foreign policy. I'm not after liberals. I'm sorely disappointed because I really was giving Hillary the benefit of what seemed to me to be her extremely hard work. But I think she caved to ambition. She could not defy Obama on Benghazi if she wanted any hope of election in 2016 so she took the low road. And people died.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You don't read my posts anyway, Chris - you've told me that.
So ... how the hell do you know what I've said?
I'll ask you the same question I asked you before - show me any posts where I've shared any of the views you attribute to me.
Dude, you just posted to Bob in Tx. and let me quote if for you....
Your obsessive hatred of Obama isn't actually evidence, bobin. I'm not stupid - I'm perfectly aware that the decision COULD HAVE BEEN political.

Those are your words Willie. How do you know Bob hates Obama? I ask because I've heard that a few thousand times since 2008. I will say this much, the bs I hate. Not the man but the bs. My car being keyed up wasn't much fun either. Just another lib with love and tolerance you know.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I've not seen the evidence that Michelle Obama has or has not helped military families so I can't say. I am beginning to believe that those in very high positions should have military experience just because you have to "feel" the no man left behind imo to lead in foreign policy. I'm not after liberals. I'm sorely disappointed because I really was giving Hillary the benefit of what seemed to me to be her extremely hard work. But I think she caved to ambition. She could not defy Obama on Benghazi if she wanted any hope of election in 2016 so she took the low road. And people died.
I'll ask you the same basic questions I asked bobin.

What information do you have that proves the decision not to attempt a rescue was political?

What tactical information regarding the situation on the ground do you have in your possession to support the idea that a rescue mission had a reasonable chance of success?

For that matter, do you know for a fact that the terrorist attack on the embassy wasn't mounted with the intent of drawing in a response that they could counter with other irregulars/militia in the area? That's the kind of thing Iraqi insurgents did; unless I'm mistaken, that's also what the Taliban does or has done in Afghanistan.

So ... you're behind the desk now, lisw. What do you do? Do you launch a rescue mission without knowing if you have sufficient force to effect a rescue and retrieval? It's the ultimate rock (four dead) and a hard place (maybe a rescue, maybe many more dead), although the ones getting squeezed to death aren't the person making the decision.

Let's be clear here - I don't know if that's what was happening on the ground in Benghazi on 9/11/12 or not, and this is eight months after the attack. It's not some wild, crazy theory, however; it's the sort of consideration that the person making the decision was faced with.

If you see an easy answer there, show it to me - because I sure as hell don't.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsessive hatred of Obama isn't actually evidence, bobin. I'm not stupid - I'm perfectly aware that the decision COULD HAVE BEEN political.
Those are your words Willie. How do you know Bob hates Obama? I ask because I've heard that a few thousand times since 2008. I will say this much, the bs I hate. Not the man but the bs. My car being keyed up wasn't much fun either. Just another lib with love and tolerance you know.
I know it because I read his posts, Chris, and I'm not using hate in the spiritual sense.

I'm sorry your car was keyed, but I didn't do that. If you think that kind of ignorance is a trait specific to or more commonly found on one side or the other, you're a blind fool.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
To put this another way, Chris, I use the term hatred of Obama the same way bad bob used "Bush haters" to refer to certain opponents of President Bush.

(Not to be confused with the way some shallow minded people used it to refer to anyone who criticized President Bush.)

I think it's the same damn thing, actually. Always have, and have always said so. I've always known there were Bush haters; we had more than a couple pass through this thread. I've never been particularly nice to them, because mind numbing rot is mind numbing rot no matter what 'side' you're on.

Now, if I wasn't particularly kind and tolerant of mindless bots who could do nothing but barf up bilge on cue about a President I didn't like at all, am I supposed to act any different to those who barf up bilge on cue on one I voted for, even if I haven't been particularly impressed with his accomplishments?

(Certainly nowhere near as impressed as my assigned position, but hey - you gotta make the arguments you're equipped to make.)

I don't think so; Homey don't play dat, as they say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,761 - 154,780 of171,414
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

518 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 min gort 37,591
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min ocxz 114,574
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 223,102
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 529,787
I have just been arrested! What should I do? 10 min Protester 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min gort 716,230
Marriage Trap 30 min Protester 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 255,620
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr Sasha 108
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••