|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I can fly from the USA to Europe in seven hours. It's disturbing that we couldn't find one of our many military forces in Europe to fly the two/three hours it takes to get to North Africa to support our folks. We have over 900 bases overseas, and this administration expects us to believe that none of them are within 7 hours of Benghazi? Are we to believe that we couldn't find a tanker in Europe or the Mideast to refuel any aircraft we might send in support of our people in Libya? Were there no aircraft carriers in the Mediterranean... we used to have two carrier groups in the Med when I was in the Navy?
Somebody blew this big time, and this administration is covering up their incompetence.(Question: Who is the only person who can authorize the use of military troops to fight in foreign lands without a declaration of war?)
It appears Victoria Nuland, H Clinton's former aide, and Ben Rhodes, the deputy Nat'l Security Advisor, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/16/world/middl...
are the ones who'll eventually be taking the fall for Benghazi(IMO).

If I were them, I'd head for cover ASAP, because over the years, people like them have mysteriously turned up missing or dead.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

In light of the new attacks in Libya, 3 fighter
squadrons (in Spain, Germany, and Italy) have been put on alert, and at least 1 has been repositioned to be closer to Libya.

Hmmmmmmmm, only 9 months too late!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiight! So instead of responding to what BH told you, you chose to dodge, dance, duck, and divert by using attempted (lame)humor.
Typical clueless crone.
Do you feel better, having proffered your opinion and a childish taunt, bob?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Doesn't matter one bit What barry does, or doesn't do. He'll get a pass for everything because he's black. Nobody in media wants to be known as the one who caalled the black man STUPID.
or incompetent.
or an idiot.
They all think it ties in with racism.
Talk about Stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I'd love to see him run. It would be interesting to see how an honest person would do against the current stock of lying snakes we have for politicians.
Ask George McGovern, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader, and Ron Paul...

:)

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Ask George McGovern, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader, and Ron Paul...
Sorry, I should have said "an honest person WITH common sense".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I should have said "an honest person WITH common sense".
Common sense should have warned Carson away from making his equations between same sex marriage and bestiality public...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Doesn't matter one bit What barry does, or doesn't do. He'll get a pass for everything because he's black. Nobody in media wants to be known as the one who caalled the black man STUPID.
or incompetent.
or an idiot.
They all think it ties in with racism.
Talk about Stupid.
I don't know. This may have jumped the shark for even some libs. Just heard that the irs admits that yep, they did target certain groups. They said they are sorry. Ha. I'm thinking that some on the left may have a bit of a problem with this one. Hope so. I mean they may not like the 9-12 project but perhaps next month someone they care about will be a target?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

<quoted text>Do you feel better, having proffered your opinion and a childish taunt, bob?
Another evasion. When you can't address the issue intelligently,
just divert. And you have the cajones to call ME childish?

BTW, that was no childish taunt. It was a direct INSULT. A taunt indicates that I care whether you respond or not!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. This may have jumped the shark for even some libs. Just heard that the irs admits that yep, they did target certain groups. They said they are sorry. Ha. I'm thinking that some on the left may have a bit of a problem with this one. Hope so. I mean they may not like the 9-12 project but perhaps next month someone they care about will be a target?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/...
Not to mention that this is the very same IRS, tasked to enforce
the rules of Obamacare.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

<quoted text>Common sense should have warned Carson away from making his equations between same sex marriage and bestiality public...
I suppose, to some, all perversions are equal. Like I said, an honest person.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of that which you've cited happens on BOTH sides. Politics 101.
Sure it does. But you go ahead and list the "conspiracy" theories that surfaced c.2001-08, and I'll list those just in the last five years. I'll bet you mine laps yours, twice. You go ahead and list the "hearings" and "investigations" in that same time frame, and I'll do likewise for the last 5 years, and I'll bet mine laps yours times 12.

It ain't even close.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>But unfortunately, many of the 70-80% of thefolks rely on the internet for their daily news, and many others (especially young people) have NO clue about what transpired in Libya. They've shut themselves out, and not just about Libya. Pretty much ALL current events in general. I was the same way at that age. This time it works in the Dems (and Obama's) favor.
Really?'Cos, like, there's no news on the internet? oookaaay

bob - reality check. There's FAR more news, and diversity of news, on the internet then there was when we were "at that age". Just because Leno manages to find a few airheads to fill out a comedy skit, and edits out the others, it would be a little self-absorbed to imagine they represent the general run. Get out and meet some real "kids". My friend's kids, for instance - we have some lively discussions, and they are well versed in current events AND (you'd be surprised to learn) several tend to lean to a quasi-Reaganesque mindset, which is exactly what one would expect from the Bush generation.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>Even if the news that Obama was personally responsible for the 4 deaths in Benghazi, and that news made national headlines in radio, print, TV, and interweb, plus somehow filtered down to youngsters from 18 to 24, Obama is so beloved by his adoring fans and supporters, he would NEVER suffer any ill effects. That's disturbing.

I believe H Clinton to be the one responsible for the tragedy in Libya. But she is also beloved, & protected, and eventually one of her high ranking State Dept aides will take the fall. That's disturbing.

When it was learned Hicks would be testifying on Capitol Hill, he was demoted, likely by H Clinton herself or at least signed off on it. That's disturbing.
http://www.voanews.com/content/state-departme...
My premise is demonstrated right here, with this one story. You've selected the bits that fit your speculated pre-conclusion, comfortably omitted any facts - facts stated right in your link - that don't fit your conclusion, and topped it off with speculation entirely dependent on previous speculation.

I get it. I do. When the world stubbornly refuses to conform to one's personal parameters, it's natural to craft a world that fits, taking from bits and pieces of reality, rejecting others, that eases one's discomfort. The next step is to flatter oneself that they see clearly what no one else wants to see, and that these others are all blind, or stupid, or uninformed, or all the above.

It could be that they're not so blind at all. It could be that they see that the world is a dangerous and complicated place, even more so when we involve ourselves in lawless regions beyond our borders. Perhaps they know instinctively that, for some godawful reason, it's in America's "interest" (some convoluted way) to be so involved in other people's ancient enmities. And once in awhile, our people get caught in a crossfire.

And a few act all surprised that such a thing could possibly happen, and the conspiracy-gin cranks up all over again. Many times, since 9/11/01 especially, I wonder if our safe and comfortable lives, relative to the the vast majority of global experience, hasn't resulted in one of the most nervous and disturbed populations in the history of the world.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Ask George McGovern, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader, and Ron Paul...
or John McCain c.2000, for that matter...

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Another evasion. When you can't address the issue intelligently,
just divert. And you have the cajones to call ME childish?
BTW, that was no childish taunt. It was a direct INSULT. A taunt indicates that I care whether you respond or not!
Cajones, dude?

Check your Spanish dictionary.

And weep.
CrabApple

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I'd love to see him run. It would be interesting to see how an honest person would do against the current stock of lying snakes we have for politicians.
i would, too

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears Victoria Nuland, H Clinton's former aide, and Ben Rhodes, the deputy Nat'l Security Advisor, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/16/world/middl...
are the ones who'll eventually be taking the fall for Benghazi(IMO).
If I were them, I'd head for cover ASAP, because over the years, people like them have mysteriously turned up missing or dead.
Never thought I would say it but thank God for ABC. If thats what it takes to wake some folks up so be it.

Formerly Skeptical BBC Editor Changes Tune: Benghazi Is Now ‘Very Serious’ and ‘Heads Will Roll’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/10/fo...

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I get why there may have been a stand down order.
Who gave it? I don't know.
Were they too far away to do anything?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Regardless, how would it have LOOKED just before the election for the United States to be engaged in a messy battle at one of our embassy's with Al Qaeda affiliates when a big part of Obama's campaign was "Al Qaeda is dead and GM is alive!"
Ooops!
Remember how many times we were told by this pansy president and his administration Al Qaeda was on the run?
They were on the run alright..... fully armed and running straight for our embassy.
I am resolute in believing that Obama's re-election was factored into the decision making made regarding Benghazi that night and in the immediate days which followed.
It was in part about -----> HIM and it shouldn't have been.
Too bad you can't impeach the guy for being a self serving a$$.
Indeed. And some of the things were don't talk about much here, the many times Al Qaeda or others hell bent on Islamic terrorism just scrwed up. For some the only thing that ever matters is the optics. The only reason we are still talking about Benghazi is because of people that have real courage like Gregory Hicks, Mark Thompson and Eric Nordstrom. Thank God for them. And for the libs that are busy doing all they can to smear them speaks volumes.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does. But you go ahead and list the "conspiracy" theories that surfaced c.2001-08, and I'll list those just in the last five years. I'll bet you mine laps yours, twice. You go ahead and list the "hearings" and "investigations" in that same time frame, and I'll do likewise for the last 5 years, and I'll bet mine laps yours times 12.
It ain't even close.
<quoted text>
Really?'Cos, like, there's no news on the internet? oookaaay
bob - reality check. There's FAR more news, and diversity of news, on the internet then there was when we were "at that age". Just because Leno manages to find a few airheads to fill out a comedy skit, and edits out the others, it would be a little self-absorbed to imagine they represent the general run. Get out and meet some real "kids". My friend's kids, for instance - we have some lively discussions, and they are well versed in current events AND (you'd be surprised to learn) several tend to lean to a quasi-Reaganesque mindset, which is exactly what one would expect from the Bush generation.
<quoted text>My premise is demonstrated right here, with this one story. You've selected the bits that fit your speculated pre-conclusion, comfortably omitted any facts - facts stated right in your link - that don't fit your conclusion, and topped it off with speculation entirely dependent on previous speculation.
I get it. I do. When the world stubbornly refuses to conform to one's personal parameters, it's natural to craft a world that fits, taking from bits and pieces of reality, rejecting others, that eases one's discomfort. The next step is to flatter oneself that they see clearly what no one else wants to see, and that these others are all blind, or stupid, or uninformed, or all the above.
It could be that they're not so blind at all. It could be that they see that the world is a dangerous and complicated place, even more so when we involve ourselves in lawless regions beyond our borders. Perhaps they know instinctively that, for some godawful reason, it's in America's "interest" (some convoluted way) to be so involved in other people's ancient enmities. And once in awhile, our people get caught in a crossfire.
And a few act all surprised that such a thing could possibly happen, and the conspiracy-gin cranks up all over again. Many times, since 9/11/01 especially, I wonder if our safe and comfortable lives, relative to the the vast majority of global experience, hasn't resulted in one of the most nervous and disturbed populations in the history of the world.
Why don't you ask the libs that have the psa See something say something. They are so busy with running from crisis to crisis it's a wonder more people aren't disturbed and nervous. Not over anything important mind you. Some time back when I was out of work and took a day labor job we broke for lunch. Before I ate I gave thanks, boy that caused the guy next to me to wig out. He'll today he might call dhs lol.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I can fly from the USA to Europe in seven hours. It's disturbing that we couldn't find one of our many military forces in Europe to fly the two/three hours it takes to get to North Africa to support our folks. We have over 900 bases overseas, and this administration expects us to believe that none of them are within 7 hours of Benghazi? Are we to believe that we couldn't find a tanker in Europe or the Mideast to refuel any aircraft we might send in support of our people in Libya? Were there no aircraft carriers in the Mediterranean... we used to have two carrier groups in the Med when I was in the Navy?
Somebody blew this big time, and this administration is covering up their incompetence.(Question: Who is the only person who can authorize the use of military troops to fight in foreign lands without a declaration of war?)
By not sendng military assistance because they "couldn't get there in time" begs the question: how did the decision maker(s) know how long the attack would last?

Obviously, the answer is they didn't know. They didn't have a flipping clue if it was going to be over in 55 minutes or 15 hours. They HOPED the event would be mild and go by relatively unnoticed by the genius voters in this country and wind up being nothing more than a mild hiccup. The decision to not act was nothing more than placing a hopeful bet. Unfortnately, they used American lives as poker chips and lost.

After killing bin Laden, the President and his merry men didn't want the public to know about al-Qaeda in Libya and for all the low information Americans out there glued to news about the Kim Kardahian pregnancy, al-Qaeda is far from dead, is not on the run and in fact is spreading nicely throughout the middle east and Africa.....thank you very much.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cajones, dude?
Check your Spanish dictionary.
And weep.
Oh put a sock in it, Catcher.
For someone who tells other people to get a life, why don't you take your own advice and get one.
Any lawyer with a degree from Harvard who sits on Topix day in and day out correcting spelling errors like a 19 year old teachers aid is either lying about his law degree from Harvard or has one boring existence.
Make yourself useful.
Go teach a bunch of spanish speaking undocumented democrats how to speak english. I've heard there are loads of them in California.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,701 - 154,720 of172,173
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

432 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min confrinting with the word 532,213
Placing children in homosexual homes is MORALLY... 7 min passing by 14
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min BenAdam 719,773
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,926
When hurricanes become ANGRY 16 min Doctor REALITY 13
Tony Dungy was right 25 min Doctor REALITY 9
Is homosexuality an ABOMINATION?? 32 min Doctor REALITY 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Aura Mytha 223,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,334
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••