Yellow Star

Saint Paul, MN

#161776 May 4, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Don't get your knickers in such a twist.
:)
Again you are misinformed, I wear a loin cloth and thus cannot get them in a twist.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161777 May 4, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
"Folks who think that our population would be better off without guns shouldn't be allowed to vote."
You have a first amendment right to say that and I have a second amendment right that keeps it just that, your right freedom of expression.
BTW- Land is land and defending land is not the same as defending the law of the land(US constitution) or protecting the spirit of how that land is governed.
Didn't say anything about land. I said 'country', which is the people, the land, it's laws, mores, and ideals.
If I'd have meant 'land', I would have said 'land'.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161778 May 4, 2013
Yellow Star wrote:
<quoted text>
I said no such thing, but perhaps I'm wrong, Show me where I said what you have interpreted to mean something other than I intended....
<quoted text>
Then we both disagree with your assesment, it's unanimous.
Fine. Please clarify your previous assertions...I found them to be convoluted at best, and apparently VERY confusing.

I'm headed to a birthday party, so please take your time with your answer - I hope to be back around 10pm.

:)

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#161781 May 4, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I treat the Ruby Ridge/Waco excuse with the same utter contempt I treat the justification of Islamic terrorism using our presence in their holy land, or whatever other lame excuse they offer.
Understandable. After all, our government wasn't coming after YOU.

When Hitler attacked the Jews
I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the Catholics,
I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists,
I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned.
Then Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church --
and there was nobody left to be concerned." -Martin Niemoller

Location hidden

#161782 May 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's May, misanthrope dude, your figures are out of date!
You're the one that enters the dates you wish to see...

If they're not current, it's because you didn't ask for the current parameters.

Location hidden

#161783 May 4, 2013
Yellow Stain is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to answer your question is to point out it's shortcomings.
The second amendment doesn't provide or promote the formation of citizen militias, the "well regulated militia" spoke of is that of the US Govt(A standing US army did not exist at that time) and therefore the right to keep and bear arms is a check and balance to the need for a "well regulated militia, necessary for the security of a free state" to protect us from foreign invaders.
Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
BTW- I support the whole constitution as an overarching legal agreement, some support only the parts they agree with. You cannot pick and choose only the parts you consider valid since that invalidates the spirit of constitution as it was ratified(unanimously)....and therefore it cannot extend constitutional authority to any specific part while ignoring the whole of it.
I'm not sure how you figure the Second Amendment and organized well regulated militias, factor into this. Our government attacked, and killed, innocent women and children, not just those they considered "bad guys".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161784 May 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that enters the dates you wish to see...
If they're not current, it's because you didn't ask for the current parameters.
You're funny.

Hey, you look very handsome in your avatar picture.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161785 May 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Understandable. After all, our government wasn't coming after YOU.
When Hitler attacked the Jews
I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the Catholics,
I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists,
I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned.
Then Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church --
and there was nobody left to be concerned." -Martin Niemoller
That may be the most moronic invocation of Martin Niemoller I've ever read.

I don't believe that Weaver was persecuted. I don't believe that the Davidians were persecuted.

The comparison is almost perverse.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#161786 May 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what a breath of fresh air!
I have been fine, and I hope your absence is due to serious studying.
Don't be a stranger, here and elsewhere.
(The gun nuts think they can get rid of a tyrannical government with their puny firearms, hahaha.)
Awwwwwww, u cutie!!!! thanks!!! I missed u too!!!:-)

Yes, it was!! i really had to concentrate on my coursework!!! I just got 1 more left to do, i'm just so relieved!! I wrote like 70 pages, i'm so proud of myself!! I'll wait til i get my grade before i start celebrating tho, lol.

Lol, some people in my community think that too!! It's like they think they are David and i agree with that, i really do, but what they don't understand is that the modern Goliath has a nuclear weapon!!LOL!!!!!! These people r too funny man!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161787 May 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwww, u cutie!!!! thanks!!! I missed u too!!!:-)
Yes, it was!! i really had to concentrate on my coursework!!! I just got 1 more left to do, i'm just so relieved!! I wrote like 70 pages, i'm so proud of myself!! I'll wait til i get my grade before i start celebrating tho, lol.
Lol, some people in my community think that too!! It's like they think they are David and i agree with that, i really do, but what they don't understand is that the modern Goliath has a nuclear weapon!!LOL!!!!!! These people r too funny man!!
Yeah, nuclear weapons, unmanned drones, missiles, tanks, heavy artillery. And the gun nuts want to face off against that?

Holy tomato!!

Location hidden

#161788 May 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, nuclear weapons, unmanned drones, missiles, tanks, heavy artillery. And the gun nuts want to face off against that?
Holy tomato!!
Hehehehe, i couldn't be bothered to name 'em all, u smarty pants!!!

I don't get 'em, even I know when to keep my mouth shut!!Yh, believe it or not, i do!!!

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161790 May 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy tomato!!
We beat the british when they were the reigning superpower. With 'Pitchforks and backward thinking'.(PP) Never underestimate the will of the people.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161791 May 4, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
We beat the british when they were the reigning superpower. With 'Pitchforks and backward thinking'.(PP) Never underestimate the will of the people.
I was going to remind her that the government is just a few people on Capitol Hill...who are apparently no longer 'for the people' but for themselves...

JMO

Location hidden

#161798 May 4, 2013
UidiotRaceMakeworldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Master Degree and 70 pages plus? you worked you pants off , i see, fun ?
It's not fun when u start it, but it does get fun once u get into it!!

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161800 May 5, 2013
UidiotRaceMakeworldPeace wrote:
<quoted text> Can you trust the militia , know about KKK infiltration...?
KKK? I prefer 'Manny, Moe, and Jack'. They're smarter and better organized. Probably more dangerous, too.
When I hear 'KKK', I think of the hillbilly who tried to blow up a car...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161802 May 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy tomato!!
Quite strange. I know quite a few people well that own guns and they are stable. But I get why you insist on your propaganda. I first noted it when I made a trip to Washington D.C. in the late 90s. At the time were signs with an 800 number to call if you thought someone had used a gun in the commission of crime. Never mind the crime, rant about the gun.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161803 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.

“The media and the political elites, they denigrate us and they cringe at the sight of long lines at gun shows around this country. They mock Americans buying firearms at a record pace…they don’t get it because they don’t get America,”

After President Barack Obama said the NRA “willfully lied” to the American people about defeated gun legislation last month, LaPierre noted how Obama had tried to reassure gun owners during his re-election campaign.

“Nowhere does freedom live anymore than in our Second Amendment right to defend ourselves, our families and our nation,” LaPierre said.“Without that freedom we really aren’t free at all. There is nothing more good or right or normal in America than an honest American citizen owning a firearm to protect himself or protect her family.”

“They can try to blame us and shame us with all their might,” he continued.“We will never sacrifice our freedom on the altar of elitist acceptance. We will never surrender our guns, never!”

“They’re coming after us with a vengeance to destroy us — to destroy us and every ounce of our freedom…we need to meet them head-on,” he said.“We don’t care if it’s round one, round two or round 15. The NRA can go the distance.”

“To the political and media elites who scorn us, we say, let them be damned!” he said.“We will always stand and fight for our American freedoms.”

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161804 May 5, 2013

Location hidden

#161805 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
He reminds me of the Vichi French... they chose to join and submit to evil, and even help them, rather than to think about ever taking steps to fight it.

Evil wouldn't matter, he's on the side of whomever is best armed... it's sad really.

Location hidden

#161806 May 5, 2013
Vichy, not Vichi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 39,964
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Justice League 1,995
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 5 min LAWEST100 115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 579,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min bacon hater 817,736
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 97,997
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min LAWEST100 609,871
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Porkpie Hat 270,164
More from around the web