Bush is a hero

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#161749 May 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps one could ask the survivors and families of Ruby Ridge and Waco why people in militias might want to fight back against a benevolent government such as ours...
So what are you going to do with your handguns and rifles?

Kill soldiers?

Or kill police officers?

Puhleeeze.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161750 May 3, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>AAARRRGGGhhh! Leave it to you to pull out a piece of what I say which was for descriptive purposes only (I knew all that and almost put into () that he deserved it, but didn't think you were so concrete.)My point is if anyone made it political it was Obama and his crew. He and whoever else should have been acting properly and securing that location. They didn't and so they had to point the finger at someone else. Obama is all about the blame. You refuse to talk about Benghazi because 1) facts have been hidden and 2) you cannot admit to the incompetency of this administration.
Just out of idle curiosity, how was I to know that you put the "Obama had him arrested" in your post for 'descriptive' purposes?
youtube

AOL

#161751 May 3, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161752 May 3, 2013

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161754 May 3, 2013
bad bob wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ot6pSrKT1ocXX
One of my favorite tunes ever ...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161755 May 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Just out of idle curiosity, how was I to know that you put the "Obama had him arrested" in your post for 'descriptive' purposes?
I said he was arrested as proof of how fast that was acted upon, unlike going after the people who attacked the embassy.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161756 May 3, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I said he was arrested as proof of how fast that was acted upon, unlike going after the people who attacked the embassy.
AAARRRGGGhhh indeed.

You assume there are no efforts underway to identify and deal with (k-i-l-l, deal with) Osama bin Laden because you don't like Bush

Something doesn't look right about that ...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161757 May 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>One of my favorite tunes ever ...
<May be dup> Topix lost 1st attempt.

Santana makes it look easy, but as long as he's been at it, it probably is for him.

If you listen to the 2nd half of Europa (around the 3/4 mark), our lead guitar sounded pretty much like that for several of his improv riffs during our 3d, 4th & 5th set (dance rock). Pretty amazing for a 30-something portly, elementary school teacher with thick coke-bottle lens glasses.

And Classic Rock wasn't even his fav., he was more into songs like Peter, Paul & Mary's "Leaving on a Jet Plane". Whatt'a goof.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161758 May 4, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>AAARRRGGGhhh indeed.
You assume there are no efforts underway to identify and deal with (k-i-l-l, deal with) Osama bin Laden because you don't like Bush
Something doesn't look right about that ...
Yes, strange isn't it? We went to war for what Bin Laden did. Oh he bragged with his videos, but he bragged from a cave, whereas the perp of Benghazi brags from the local coffee shop.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#161759 May 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps one could ask the survivors and families of Ruby Ridge and Waco why people in militias might want to fight back against a benevolent government such as ours...
The only way to answer your question is to point out it's shortcomings.

The second amendment doesn't provide or promote the formation of citizen militias, the "well regulated militia" spoke of is that of the US Govt(A standing US army did not exist at that time) and therefore the right to keep and bear arms is a check and balance to the need for a "well regulated militia, necessary for the security of a free state" to protect us from foreign invaders.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

BTW- I support the whole constitution as an overarching legal agreement, some support only the parts they agree with. You cannot pick and choose only the parts you consider valid since that invalidates the spirit of constitution as it was ratified(unanimously)....and therefore it cannot extend constitutional authority to any specific part while ignoring the whole of it.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#161760 May 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Who is that picture of? Looks like a young herman caine. I miss herman caine, I love to laugh and herman certainly had me ROTFLMAO.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161761 May 4, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to answer your question is to point out it's shortcomings.
The second amendment doesn't provide or promote the formation of citizen militias, the "well regulated militia" spoke of is that of the US Govt(A standing US army did not exist at that time) and therefore the right to keep and bear arms is a check and balance to the need for a "well regulated militia, necessary for the security of a free state" to protect us from foreign invaders.
Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
BTW- I support the whole constitution as an overarching legal agreement, some support only the parts they agree with. You cannot pick and choose only the parts you consider valid since that invalidates the spirit of constitution as it was ratified(unanimously)....and therefore it cannot extend constitutional authority to any specific part while ignoring the whole of it.
Amazing what a tiny piece of punctuation will accomplish, isn't it??

That comma has been plaguing us for YEARS.

:)

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#161762 May 4, 2013
I heard the phrase "second amendment remedies" thrown around by tea-party leaders in recent months, there is no such provision in the constitution.

PS- Where is the tea-party on the issue of taxes when it comes to cigarettes and alcohol?!?

I haven't seen any "boston tea party" style revolts against cigarette and alcohol staged or planned.....or even any verbal opposition to them with any specificity.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#161763 May 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you going to do with your handguns and rifles?
Kill soldiers?
Or kill police officers?
Puhleeeze.
Lol, i'm not even gonna ask!!!!

Hey sweety, how things been?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161764 May 4, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing what a tiny piece of punctuation will accomplish, isn't it??
Who is 'us'? Only gun owners and gun regulators have had problems with it. Folks who think that our population would be better off without guns shouldn't be allowed to vote. Someone once said, "A patriot must be ready to defend his country from it's government."
Not sure if it'll come to that, but I'm happy knowing that 'our side', the people that is, is as armed as the government is.

Location hidden

#161765 May 4, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is 'us'? Only gun owners and gun regulators have had problems with it. Folks who think that our population would be better off without guns shouldn't be allowed to vote. Someone once said, "A patriot must be ready to defend his country from it's government."
Not sure if it'll come to that, but I'm happy knowing that 'our side', the people that is, is as armed as the government is.
"Us," being gun owners, and gun rights supporters. Of which I count myself one.(Well, one of each...)
That comma, following the word 'militia' in the 2nd amendment, indicates to some folks that the militia may or may NOT be necessary to a free state...and that the phrase 'The People', only refers in this case to a necessary standing militia having the un-infringe-able right to bear arms. Never says anywhere in the 2nd, who gets to decide the context of 'necessary', either; so those same folks assume it gets to be them.

I thoroughly disagree with THOSE folks.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#161766 May 4, 2013
<quoted text>Amazing what a tiny piece of punctuation will accomplish, isn't it??
Two commas...

A well regulated militia>,< being necessary to a free state,

the right to keep and bear arms>,< shall not be infringed.

Any other reading of the second amendment and what it actually states does not jibe with the rest of the bill of rights or constitution. It's pretty simple, really.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161767 May 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, i'm not even gonna ask!!!!
Hey sweety, how things been?
Well, what a breath of fresh air!

I have been fine, and I hope your absence is due to serious studying.

Don't be a stranger, here and elsewhere.

(The gun nuts think they can get rid of a tyrannical government with their puny firearms, hahaha.)

Location hidden

#161768 May 4, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Two commas...
A well regulated militia>,< being necessary to a free state,
the right to keep and bear arms>,< shall not be infringed.
Any other reading of the second amendment and what it actually states does not jibe with the rest of the bill of rights or constitution. It's pretty simple, really.
"the right to keep and bear arms>,< shall not be infringed."

Ahh, but you left out the "of the people" part...din't cha.

We can argue about this till the cows come home, but at least I acknowledge those commas...you prefer to ignore 'the people'....

and the beat goes on....

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#161769 May 4, 2013
<quoted text>"the right to keep and bear arms>,< shall not be infringed."
Ahh, but you left out the "of the people" part...din't cha.
We can argue about this till the cows come home, but at least I acknowledge those commas...you prefer to ignore 'the people'....
and the beat goes on....
"Ahh, but you left out the "of the people" part...din't cha."

Well, if not the people, then WHO is being referenced in the 2nd amendments right to keep and bear arms?!?!?!?

Is it really that ambiguous to you?!?!?

If you can create any other inference other than the "people's"(citizen of the USA) right to keep and bear arms in the 2nd amendment that makes any sense and does not conflict with the rest of the constitution and bill of rights.....please do, I'd like to hear it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min ChristineM 445,896
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min kent 650,180
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min Buck Crick 56,128
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Aussie Kev 2,322
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 hr Johnny 4,848
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Steve III 44,955
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web