HipGnosis

Altona, IL

#161687 Apr 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont speak french, but I think your asking 'why'.........
Cause I've been accused of being a racist for not voting for Obama, Just using the same logic on you........
I'm sorry, Rider, I find that hard to believe. When did someone here accuse you of being racist "for not voting for Obama"?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#161688 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I dont speak french, but I think your asking 'why'.........
Cause I've been accused of being a racist for not voting for Obama, Just using the same logic on you........
I have not accused you of racism.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#161689 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not accused you of racism.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, Rider, I find that hard to believe. When did someone here accuse you of being racist "for not voting for Obama"?
On topix in general I've been accused of it countless times. i dont know if its happened here or not, but none of the regulars have accused me of it here.

It was just a bad attempt at some humor..........

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161690 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
On topix in general I've been accused of it countless times. i dont know if its happened here or not, but none of the regulars have accused me of it here.
It was just a bad attempt at some humor..........
That's what I thought too,( an attempt an humor,) but as you see it is a one way street.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161691 Apr 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I thought too,( an attempt an humor,) but as you see it is a one way street.
Considering how frequently racism is pointed to as a reason people are critical of black conservatives, it SHOULDN'T be a surprise that not everyone 'got it.'

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161692 Apr 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Considering how frequently racism is pointed to as a reason people are critical of black conservatives, it SHOULDN'T be a surprise that not everyone 'got it.'
Yeah. Can't call them 'stupid' cause they're black. And if you do, then they infer that you think they're stupid Because they're black.
I say Take off the kid-gloves. They wanna play in the big game, then they have to take the lumps just like everyone else.
Besides, if you treat e'm like everyone else, it takes away the 'race card'. See how they handle THAT.

Location hidden

#161693 Apr 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Considering how frequently racism is pointed to as a reason people are critical of black conservatives, it SHOULDN'T be a surprise that not everyone 'got it.'
Once again you are wrong. Noone eve called you or anyone else a racist because you don't like say Ben Carson. But we have said how would you like it if we did? And it is noticeable how much the left uses the race card and then turns around and says much worse things about black conservatives than the right has ever said about black liberals. I think that Rider was going for "isn't this stupid?"

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161694 Apr 30, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info, Bob. The problem is that my daughter's boyfriend has refused to let me assist them in the matter. Without their blessing, I can't do anything. I told Kat to get in touch with the Northern Cal Native American Legal assistance, but she never got around to it. I have a friend who worked there some years back. He's from Boston, and his family is among the founders of the firm he works for. He said it's been around for a couple hundred years. Old money and all that. He told me the last time he represented my son that 'any time you need help, give me a call.'
He was doing volunteer work with NCNAL at the time.
If my daughter would give me permission, I'd call him today and settle this matter quickly.
Not to go into it too much, but there were a dozen things wrong with how they went about taking Masrshall. Any one of the problems could be grounds for gettng him back, but together, in my thinking, could mean big trouble for shasta county.
I Thought I could do some of this stuff by myself, but the first lawyer I spoke to told me flat out I have no standing and cannot do anything without permission from the mother or father's OK.
I did go through the link you provided (thanks) and couldn't find any contact info. I wonder if he's still based in San Francisco.
Not sure where he is today, but there are several web sites when googled. Each site usually (not always) has a tab or link to "CONTACT" info. You can give a brief description there, and they can get hold of Dennis, or they may send you his contact info.

I've located numerous emails or 800 numbers that way.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#161695 Apr 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you are wrong. Noone eve called you or anyone else a racist because you don't like say Ben Carson. But we have said how would you like it if we did? And it is noticeable how much the left uses the race card and then turns around and says much worse things about black conservatives than the right has ever said about black liberals. I think that Rider was going for "isn't this stupid?"
I'm not disputing that Rider was attempting humor, but please don't pretend the humor was obvious to everyone.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#161696 Apr 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I thought too,( an attempt an humor,) but as you see it is a one way street.
I kinda knew that before i posted it.
:0)
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you are wrong. Noone eve called you or anyone else a racist because you don't like say Ben Carson. But we have said how would you like it if we did? And it is noticeable how much the left uses the race card and then turns around and says much worse things about black conservatives than the right has ever said about black liberals. I think that Rider was going for "isn't this stupid?"
Exackly, I kinda figured he wouldn't get much of a chuckle out of it. Like you said its a one way street..........

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161698 Apr 30, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEPEACE wrote:
Look what i found on topix.
=====
yon
Miami Beach, FL Reply »
|
Yesterday
"Rand Paul Warns of 1984 Surveillance Scenario"
By Andrew Johnson
April 29, 2013 12:19 PM
"Amid calls for increased security measures following the Boston Marathon bombing, Senator Rand Paul warned of the dangers of allowing the government to install more surveillance cameras “willy-nilly” in open spaces, citing George Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984.“I think it’s important to note that it’s a slippery slope, and someday you may have cameras everywhere,” Rand Paul told Fox News’s Eric Bolling over the weekend.“Think of 1984, where the cameras were in your bedroom, and in your dining room, everywhere. You never went a moment’s notice without being watched.......”
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/346871/r ...
"Multiple Polls: Americans Are More Afraid of the GOVERNMENT than TERRORISTS"
According to a pair of recent polls, for the first time since the 9/11 terrorist hijackings, Americans are more fearful their government will abuse constitutional liberties than fail to keep citizens safe.
Even in the wake of the April 15 Boston Marathon bombing – in which a pair of Islamic radicals are accused of planting explosives that took the lives of three and wounded more than 280 – the polls indicate Americans are hesitant to give up any further freedoms in exchange for increased “security.”
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/americans-fear-gov ...
Took us long enough.....

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161702 Apr 30, 2013
As long as SOMEONE feeds these ignorant pest trolls, they will NOT go away.

So YOU feed them, YOU are responsible for them!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161704 Apr 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Second, the filing of formal charges requires certain procedures, which includes a reminder by the judge (in Federal court, usually a magistrate) of the rights of the accused.
Third, neither you nor I know anything about the communication between DOJ and the agents in the field, or between the supervisors and the field agents on site, other than some press reports that some of the agents expressed surprise at the timing. We don't know if that was just typical top-down FBI management or a deliberate decision by the supervisors to withhold the decision until the last minute for tactical reasons.
You want to question the timing, fine - I've got questions about the timing, and not knowing if anything was done wrong is different from swearing that everything was done right. The thing is, since I don't know (and doubt I ever will know) the specifics of the investigation in that hospital room, I probably won't be able to get those answers.
This former AG has conflicting opinions vs Holder & Obama over rushing to mirandize the surviving brother.

There must be someone like a tribal-backed attorney advocate who can negotiate on behalf of the parent(s) providing the child is no longer in "danger", or threat for why he was removed from the mom.

If not, I know there are non-native attorneys who might take the case, sometimes for little or no money. Hell, I'd contact every
tribal leader between here and the east coast, including Dennis Banks to see if anyone had a good solution.

Former AG under Bush has different opinion on rush to mirandize surviving brother.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=11&...

The son(?) Marc Mukasey, a former Fed Prosecuter, says the law allows anywhere from 48 hrs up to 4 months to interrogate. The case is NOT jeopardized, because prosecuters already have enough evidence for a conviction. All additional intel would be used for US security, not to be used in court.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161705 Apr 30, 2013
<CORRECTION>
Strike 3rd paragraph. I have NO idea how the msg to BH was brought in.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#161706 Apr 30, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<CORRECTION>
Can you repost the link to the article you're quoting?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161707 Apr 30, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<CORRECTION>
Forget about it. Last night I had a dream that I was fighting for my life, in full battle. Then I woke up and cleaned my house, getting it ready for the first of the month.
Weird shit just happens now and then.

Location hidden

#161708 May 1, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Coming to grips with these U.S./CIA activities in broad numbers and figuring out how many people have been killed in the jungles of Laos or the hills of Nicaragua is very difficult. But, adding them up as best we can, we come up with a figure of six million people killed-and this is a minimum figure. Included are: one million killed in the Korean War, two million killed in the Vietnam War, 800,000 killed in Indonesia, one million in Cambodia, 20,000 killed in Angola ... and 22,000 killed in Nicaragua. These people would not have died if U.S. tax dollars had not been spent by the CIA to inflame tensions, finance covert political and military activities and destabilize societies.
Certainly, there are other local, regional, national and international factors in many of these operations, but if the CIA were tried fairly in a U.S. court, under U.S. law, the principle of complicity, incitement, riot, and mayhem would clearly apply. In the United States, if you hire someone to commit a murder your sentence may be approximately the same as that of the murderer himself.
Who are these six million people we have killed in the interest of American national security? Conservatives tell us, "It's a dangerous world. Our enemies have to die so we can be safe and secure." Some of them say, "I'm sorry, but that's the way the world is. We have to accept this reality and defend ourselves, to make our nation safe and insure our way of life."
Since 1954, however, we have not parachuted teams into the Soviet Union - our number one enemy - to destabilize that country... Neither do we run these violent operations in England, France, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, or Switzerland. Since the mid-1950s they have all been conducted in Third World countries where governments do not have the power to force the United States to stop its brutal and destabilizing campaigns.
One might call this the "Third World War." It is a war that has been fought by the United States against the Third World. Others call it the Cold War and focus on the anti-Communist and anti-Soviet rationales, but the dead are not Soviets; they are people of the Third World. It might also be called the Forty-Year War, like the Thirty-Year and Hundred-Year Wars in Europe, for this one began when the CIA was founded in 1947 and continues today. Altogether, perhaps twenty million people died in the Cold War. As wars go, it has been the second or third most destructive of human life in all of history, after World War I and World War II.
The six million people the CIA has helped to kill are people of the Mitumba Mountains of the Congo, the jungles of Southeast Asia, and the hills of northern Nicaragua. They are people without ICBMs or armies or navies, incapable of doing physical damage to the United States the 22,000 killed in Nicaragua, for example, are not Russians; they are not Cuban soldiers or advisors; they are not even mostly Sandinistas. A majority are rag-poor peasants, including large numbers of women and children.
Communists? Hardly, since the dead Nicaraguans are predominantly Roman Catholics. Enemies of the United States? That description doesn't fit either, because the thousands of witnesses who have lived in Nicaraguan villages with the people since 1979 testify that the Nicaraguans are the warmest people on the face of the earth, that they love people from the United States, and they simply cannot understand why our leaders would want to spend $1 billion on a contra force designed to murder people and wreck the country."
John Stockwell, former CIA (from his book, speeches...)
They don't want to hear it....even when it comes from someone other than you.

Location hidden

#161710 May 1, 2013
Did anyone think the president's press conference yesterday was bizarre? It's been a long time since he's had one so I kind of forgot how he handles them, but he answered questions with a 15 minute speech, so about 4 questions got in.

Location hidden

#161711 May 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
Did anyone think the president's press conference yesterday was bizarre? It's been a long time since he's had one so I kind of forgot how he handles them, but he answered questions with a 15 minute speech, so about 4 questions got in.
From what I understand, he's interested in packing up and going home to Chicago. I volunteer to help - maybe he'd like the cardboard boxes we're all saving for when we have to go live under the crumbling overpasses due to his fiscal policies, for the 'made in China' dishes Michelle is so proud of...he can certainly have mine, if he'll get the hell out of the White House...especially on a volunteer basis, as he suggested yesterday.

Save us the cost of an impeachment.
Rich

Vero Beach, FL

#161712 May 1, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Here this will irritate many Americans as it will definitely Add insult to injury!
Michael Meacher, Tony Blair's environmental minister 1997-2003
Exception to the Rulers, Amy Goodman, p39
"
The global war on terrorism has the hallmarks of a political myth propagated to pave the way for a wholly different agenda - the U.S. goal of world hegemony, built around securing by force command over the oil supplies required to drive the whole project.
Big whoop. He was the ENVIRONMENTAL minister what else would one expect from him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min USA Born 543,051
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min KiMare 227,811
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min pusherman_ 740,098
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 11 min Donald 29
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min vanathiyazhini 5,386
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Dr_Zorderz 259,673
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Student 38,716
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••