#161717 May 1, 2013
brain thought 'hoped the bomber was a white guy'; fingers got different message

;-)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161718 May 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You really think the author of that article was being literal when he said he hoped the article was a white guy, don't you?
No I don't. But it did shed a bit of light. So nothing on the first point that Carney dismisses Benghazi becasue it was so long ago? I ask because it was 8 months ago. Not long at all. And I really don't get a pov that if something is wrong time somehow means something? If I remember you yourself have dismissed some things I've brought up because of time. The things I've asked about were many years ago. But if something is wrong time means nothing to me. The same for something right. I'm often told my faith means nothing because its old.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161719 May 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks; didn't find that one last night, but I found several others.
I don't have any major disagreements with the article in theory, although I still think the 'clean team'(also known as a Chinese Wall) between law enforcement and intelligence gathering agencies is something that could become problematic in the future prosecution of the bomber.
Don't see it. They've already got enough evidence plus videos to convict the bomber, and IINM, he has also admitted that he and his brother were responsible. So he's done.

But the additional intel which was stopped due to the rush to mirandize, could certainly've been very useful. I think Marc Mukasey also said he could still be interrogated, even without his lawyer present, as long as the info was kept from the prosecution team.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161720 May 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. But it did shed a bit of light. So nothing on the first point that Carney dismisses Benghazi becasue it was so long ago? I ask because it was 8 months ago. Not long at all. And I really don't get a pov that if something is wrong time somehow means something? If I remember you yourself have dismissed some things I've brought up because of time. The things I've asked about were many years ago. But if something is wrong time means nothing to me. The same for something right. I'm often told my faith means nothing because its old.
If it wasn't meant literally, then what possible light could it shed?

As far as Benghazi goes ... I simply refuse to talk about Benghazi with people who are interested in in solely for partisan purposes. The problems exposed by Benghazi are INSTITUTIONAL, not political, and certainly not the sort of things that change all that much from one Administration to another.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161721 May 1, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see it. They've already got enough evidence plus videos to convict the bomber, and IINM, he has also admitted that he and his brother were responsible. So he's done.
But the additional intel which was stopped due to the rush to mirandize, could certainly've been very useful. I think Marc Mukasey also said he could still be interrogated, even without his lawyer present, as long as the info was kept from the prosecution team.
"But Republicans should not be overly concerned with the decision to Mirandize Tsarnaev, Mr. Mukasey said.

"Giving him an attorney could delay interrogations but most likely only very briefly. Because the suspect was apprehended on U.S. soil, his attorney can file a habeas corpus petition, inquiring into the right of the government to continue to hold him, a legal procedure that doesn’t take too long or change his status.

"Miranda law doesn’t even require Tsarnaev’s lawyer to be in the room during intelligence interrogations, Mr. Mukasey said, as long as intelligence officials don’t disclose information from those interrogations to those prosecuting his case."

That's from the article by the former Attorney General.

Now, if you have information based on something other than your disregard for Obama Holder to suggest that no efforts are currently underway to gather intelligence from the suspect from any of the appropriate agencies, I'm all ears.

Me? The only think I know for sure is that they (the government) isn't going to tell me or you who happens to be talking to the suspect at this time.

I know what Mukasey said about separating the intelligence gathering from law enforcement - what he called a 'clean team', what is called a Chinese wall within a law firm.

It was that sort of an arrangement between a special prosecutor and Congressional investigators that allowed convictions in the Iran Contra case to be overturned, bob, so I know it can cause problems once cases hit court.

(That's the only example I could think of off the top of my head. I know Iran Contra is a partisan issue to the nth degree, but the ONLY reason I brought it up was because of the notion of 'clean team' investigators.)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161722 May 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn't meant literally, then what possible light could it shed?
As far as Benghazi goes ... I simply refuse to talk about Benghazi with people who are interested in in solely for partisan purposes. The problems exposed by Benghazi are INSTITUTIONAL, not political, and certainly not the sort of things that change all that much from one Administration to another.
They may not be political but they are due to the total incompetence of a president and his cabinet. You can't blow this off with the "it happens to all presidents" thing. It doesn't work. When have you ever known Obama to do anything fast, without painfully thinking it through and saying he has to have all the evidence in before he comments. Well he didn't this time. He rushed to judgment on the video being the cause and getting the man who made it arrested. He knew he screwed up and he also knew he better put a plan into place or no second term.

Clearwater, FL

#161723 May 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn't meant literally, then what possible light could it shed?
It shed a light on how some on the far left see things. Over the last few weeks I've listend to more leftwing talk than usual. We have a radio station here that is progressive and I admit its hard for me to listen. Within this past week I've heard a few that really make it obvious they don't want to speak about Islamic terrorism and when they do in the same breath speak of the far right or Christian terrorism. Really not much has changed. Some time back when Bill O'Reilly spoke of it on the View two of the hosts walked off. When Whoopi Goldberg returned she as usual started talking about Christian terrorism. If anything the amount of bs is ramping up. I've posted in this forum fed. depts. that say outright this is a problem. Most times the left here says nothing. Go right on thinking that the problems this world is having is just more of the same and any admin. views don't matter much, your fooling yourself. Thankful some see it.

Clearwater, FL

#161724 May 1, 2013
Some info on it:

The 2nd like is from 2009. I know, its old so in the minds of the left what does it matter?

Colo. Sheriff Alleges Shock Training to TheBlaze: DHS-Bound Official Warned Against ‘Christians Who Take the Bible Literally’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/09/co...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/14/home...

Clearwater, FL

#161725 May 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>They may not be political but they are due to the total incompetence of a president and his cabinet. You can't blow this off with the "it happens to all presidents" thing. It doesn't work. When have you ever known Obama to do anything fast, without painfully thinking it through and saying he has to have all the evidence in before he comments. Well he didn't this time. He rushed to judgment on the video being the cause and getting the man who made it arrested. He knew he screwed up and he also knew he better put a plan into place or no second term.
Hey some things he does fast. When a homosexual man says to the world look at me Obama can't call him quick enough and say how "proud" he is. I guess everyone is good here in this nation. Pay no mind to the blood we just had in the streets of Boston. The big 3 are doing good. Proud? Not so much.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161726 May 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>They may not be political but they are due to the total incompetence of a president and his cabinet. You can't blow this off with the "it happens to all presidents" thing. It doesn't work. When have you ever known Obama to do anything fast, without painfully thinking it through and saying he has to have all the evidence in before he comments. Well he didn't this time. He rushed to judgment on the video being the cause and getting the man who made it arrested. He knew he screwed up and he also knew he better put a plan into place or no second term.
The guy who made the video used an alias in making it, and posted parts of it on the Internet. He was arrested because he was on parole after serving time for bank fraud, and he violated the terms of his parole by using and aliases, and accessing internet without the permission of his parole officer. Bad things happen to parolees who violate the terms of their release.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161727 May 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text> The guy who made the video used an alias in making it, and posted parts of it on the Internet. He was arrested because he was on parole after serving time for bank fraud, and he violated the terms of his parole by using and aliases, and accessing internet without the permission of his parole officer. Bad things happen to parolees who violate the terms of their release.
AAARRRGGGhhh! Leave it to you to pull out a piece of what I say which was for descriptive purposes only (I knew all that and almost put into () that he deserved it, but didn't think you were so concrete.)My point is if anyone made it political it was Obama and his crew. He and whoever else should have been acting properly and securing that location. They didn't and so they had to point the finger at someone else. Obama is all about the blame. You refuse to talk about Benghazi because 1) facts have been hidden and 2) you cannot admit to the incompetency of this administration.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161728 May 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>AAARRRGGGhhh! Leave it to you to pull out a piece of what I say which was for descriptive purposes only (I knew all that and almost put into () that he deserved it, but didn't think you were so concrete.)My point is if anyone made it political it was Obama and his crew. He and whoever else should have been acting properly and securing that location. They didn't and so they had to point the finger at someone else. Obama is all about the blame. You refuse to talk about Benghazi because 1) facts have been hidden and 2) you cannot admit to the incompetency of this administration.
The natives are very restless tonight, eh?
yTube

AOL

#161729 May 1, 2013

p r o o f_____1.5 BIL MUSLIMS SHORTLY TO DIE

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161730 May 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The natives are very restless tonight, eh?
Actually, I'm having a nice, quiet evening.
Making pizza, and watching an old movie.
To bed early, too, I suppose.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161731 May 1, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm having a nice, quiet evening.
Making pizza, and watching an old movie.
To bed early, too, I suppose.
Yeah, I'm feeling mellow too.

Antiques Roadshow on the tube, a good red wine, some simple food, the newspaper, and Topix.

Life is good.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161732 May 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>AAARRRGGGhhh! Leave it to you to pull out a piece of what I say which was for descriptive purposes only (I knew all that and almost put into () that he deserved it, but didn't think you were so concrete.)My point is if anyone made it political it was Obama and his crew. He and whoever else should have been acting properly and securing that location. They didn't and so they had to point the finger at someone else. Obama is all about the blame. You refuse to talk about Benghazi because 1) facts have been hidden and 2) you cannot admit to the incompetency of this administration.
I told you why I will not talk about Benghazi in this thread.

If you choose to believe there's another reason, I can't stop you.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161733 May 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It shed a light on how some on the far left see things. Over the last few weeks I've listend to more leftwing talk than usual. We have a radio station here that is progressive and I admit its hard for me to listen. Within this past week I've heard a few that really make it obvious they don't want to speak about Islamic terrorism and when they do in the same breath speak of the far right or Christian terrorism. Really not much has changed. Some time back when Bill O'Reilly spoke of it on the View two of the hosts walked off. When Whoopi Goldberg returned she as usual started talking about Christian terrorism. If anything the amount of bs is ramping up. I've posted in this forum fed. depts. that say outright this is a problem. Most times the left here says nothing. Go right on thinking that the problems this world is having is just more of the same and any admin. views don't matter much, your fooling yourself. Thankful some see it.
I don't think I'm fooling myself at all, Chris, and I wonder sometimes if you confuse what you're told liberals like Whoppi say with what I post.

As to what happened on The View with O'Reilly - sounds like a mutually beneficial arrangement to everybody, from a publicity/ratings point of view at least.

Right here in this thread I've seen people deny that McVeigh was a right wing terrorist. Right here in this thread you got quite angry with me for pointing out that the Holocaust Museum shooter had ties to the far right dating back to 1981, when he took hostages at the Federal Reserve.

You may want to Google the term Christian Identity and see what kind of perversion of "Christianity" those people preach. THOSE are the kind of people the government report that so offends you are talking about - not Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Southern Baptists or Presbyterians.

Even acknowledging the difference in the threat they (Islamic fundamentalists and far right terrorists) represent, I don't see a whole lot of difference between denying the threat they represent.

I hope you read the first phrase in the above sentence. The fact that Islamic fundamentalism represents a greater threat than violence from the far right doesn't mean there is no threat. I guarantee you that police agencies in the areas where they're active, from Sheriff's Departments to the State Highway Patrols, would tell you different.

Come to think of it, so would the survivors and the families of the Murrow Building victims.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161734 May 2, 2013
Two lessons learned from the recent flood:

Pre-inundation: Stuff will accumulate to fill the available space.

Post-inundation: All that stuff you thought you needed?
You don't.

In the words of the prophets: "I get by with a little help from my friends", and so on.

Back to scrubbin'....
lolahmed

Newtownards, UK

#161735 May 2, 2013
Bush is a monster and should be hanged for war crimes!

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161736 May 2, 2013
lolahmed wrote:
Bush is a monster and should be hanged for war crimes!
Did you just realize this, or have you been thinkin' on it for the last five years?
This thread ain't about The Little ButtMonkey anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Bongo 100,536
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 670,351
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,168
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 5 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 6 hr Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web