"D-u-c-a-t-s," BB, "DUCATS." "Duckets" are baby ducks. For shame :P
Good post, though :)
You got him.

Duck naked.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161624 Apr 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it came from any hate of homosexuals, lisw.
I do think the belief that you can link advocacy for gay marriage with advocacy of bestiality or pedophilia is more than merely illogical.
As far as why I don't think he's got a future in politics, I didn't say anything about "type of people", and I'm not going to get into a semantic argument over whether I meant constituency as 'type of people' in the derogatory manner in which you use the word liberal.
I don't think he has a political future because the professional politicians will eat him alive, and that will happen long before an election. It will happen in the primaries, if not before. It will happen at the teeth (hand) of his rival candidates in whichever party he chooses to run - not that there's much doubt what that would be.
Can we just cut to the chase and you tell me I don't think he has a political future because of liberal racism now?
I think you are wrong. Not every president is a hard-bitten politician. Will the press have a hayday with Ben Carson? Yep. Can he take it? Yep.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#161625 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it was about pedophilia. But Obama and Biden have had their share of Things very badly said. Biden too stupid to even talk about, Obama trying to get around lies. One for instance is the promise he'd get the people who killed americans in Benghazi and has gone silent, but he's given leeway. he said his grandfather served in WWII. He did not. He has told so many whoppers and has been caught so many times but he gets a pass.
That's it?

Carson didn't tell a "whopper".

Give something from Obama analogous to Carson's statement.

Change the subject again, and better to drop it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161627 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it was about pedophilia. But Obama and Biden have had their share of Things very badly said. Biden too stupid to even talk about, Obama trying to get around lies. One for instance is the promise he'd get the people who killed americans in Benghazi and has gone silent, but he's given leeway. he said his grandfather served in WWII. He did not. He has told so many whoppers and has been caught so many times but he gets a pass.
Obama's grandfather served in WWII, as did his great uncle. Obama once said Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald. Auschwitz is by far the most widely known camp (especially after Shindler's List). His grandfather's unit did not liberate the camp - that was his great uncle's unit - but many U.S. servicemen serving near a camp toured them, often under orders of a commander who wanted the men to know what they'd been fighting for.

I wouldn't want to take a quiz on the accuracy of my knowledge of my father or uncles WWII service, let alone my grandfather's before that.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161628 Apr 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it?
Lol.

Location hidden

#161629 Apr 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's grandfather served in WWII, as did his great uncle. Obama once said Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald. Auschwitz is by far the most widely known camp (especially after Shindler's List). His grandfather's unit did not liberate the camp - that was his great uncle's unit - but many U.S. servicemen serving near a camp toured them, often under orders of a commander who wanted the men to know what they'd been fighting for.
I wouldn't want to take a quiz on the accuracy of my knowledge of my father or uncles WWII service, let alone my grandfather's before that.
The point is he gets excused, he's tired etc, and I am saying that Carson deserves the same treatment. I could get really specific about obama lies and list them but it isn't the point. Carson made a mistake. he didn't do anything wrong. He can take the slings and arrows, he just shouldn't have to. He does not believe in abortion either. Does that make him mean toward women. Do people who believe in abortion get called hateful toward babies? It's all just so one-sided and as much as you want to say you see all sides you do not, you lean heavily toward the media vitriole toward conservatives.

Location hidden

#161630 Apr 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it?
You're so funny. or pitiful. Carson misspeaks and he should be shot, but Obama lies, gets people killed and he's an okay guy. Please.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161631 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are wrong. Not every president is a hard-bitten politician. Will the press have a hayday with Ben Carson? Yep. Can he take it? Yep.
Name one who wasn't a general, or (other than Eisenhower) one elected in the last hundred years.

You could elect a President that's not a hard bitten politician. You could also pick a podiatrist to perform the sort of neurosurgery that Carson specializes in, too, but it wouldn't be a good idea. We live are governed by a political system.

I understand why you want to talk about the press, but if you're not realistic enough to realize that Republican politicians who also catch Pennsylvania Avenue fever would do a number on him all on their own, I don't know what to tell you.

Catcher1

United States

#161632 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're so funny. or pitiful. Carson misspeaks and he should be shot, but Obama lies, gets people killed and he's an okay guy. Please.
Oh, no.

No shooting.

I am anti-violence, anti-gun.

And I'm a lover, not a fighter.

"Misspeaks." That's great.

Reveals himself is more accurate.

Location hidden

#161633 Apr 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Name one who wasn't a general, or (other than Eisenhower) one elected in the last hundred years.
You could elect a President that's not a hard bitten politician. You could also pick a podiatrist to perform the sort of neurosurgery that Carson specializes in, too, but it wouldn't be a good idea. We live are governed by a political system.
I understand why you want to talk about the press, but if you're not realistic enough to realize that Republican politicians who also catch Pennsylvania Avenue fever would do a number on him all on their own, I don't know what to tell you.
Omg didn't Obama sell himself as not being a Washington insider? It's what everyone wants. Of course he lied about that too, and about being transparent. I can't believe you think we need or want a politician. You may be okay with the way things are because that's the way they've always been, but I'm not and I'd venture to guess there are lots of people who agree with me.

Location hidden

#161635 Apr 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no.
No shooting.
Believe as you wish. I forgot you were the virtual ostrich. Just remind me not to walk down a dark alley with you.

Location hidden

#161636 Apr 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no.
No shooting.
Catcher I can't help but note that you don't disagree that Obama is a liar. You kind of cover that over with a flip remark. it's okay with you that our president is dishonest? Tricky Dicky style?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161637 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The point is he gets excused, he's tired etc, and I am saying that Carson deserves the same treatment. I could get really specific about obama lies and list them but it isn't the point. Carson made a mistake. he didn't do anything wrong. He can take the slings and arrows, he just shouldn't have to. He does not believe in abortion either. Does that make him mean toward women. Do people who believe in abortion get called hateful toward babies? It's all just so one-sided and as much as you want to say you see all sides you do not, you lean heavily toward the media vitriole toward conservatives.
I don't think you can compare the statement Carson made with any misspeak by a politician - whether we're talking about Obama giving the wrong camp name, or Bachmann mixing up her John Waynes in Iowa.

I don't think Carson misspoke at all. I don't think he made a mistake. I think he does equate the supporters of gay marriage with the supporters of bestiality and pedophilia, probably for religious reasons.

Catcher1

United States

#161638 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Catcher I can't help but note that you don't disagree that Obama is a liar. You kind of cover that over with a flip remark. it's okay with you that our president is dishonest? Tricky Dicky style?
I do disagree, but prefer to ignore baseless accusations.

By the way, I am very charming.

That dark alley walk could make you succumb to temptation.

So maybe it's better for the two of us to walk in the daylight.

:)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161639 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're so funny. or pitiful. Carson misspeaks and he should be shot, but Obama lies, gets people killed and he's an okay guy. Please.
I will take pitiful for 1000 Alex. But what do you expect from a blind man? Last I checked Carson isn't running but Catcher is so PARANOID he must work to destroy him just in case. Meanwhile like you say Obama's plan isn't working so well. I still remember his now worthless words from Nov 2008 in Chicago. Pity is what it is.

Catcher1

United States

#161640 Apr 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take pitiful for 1000 Alex. But what do you expect from a blind man? Last I checked Carson isn't running but Catcher is so PARANOID he must work to destroy him just in case. Meanwhile like you say Obama's plan isn't working so well. I still remember his now worthless words from Nov 2008 in Chicago. Pity is what it is.
Dude, I have no power over Carson's political aspirations.

I am just offering my observations.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161641 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Omg didn't Obama sell himself as not being a Washington insider? It's what everyone wants. Of course he lied about that too, and about being transparent. I can't believe you think we need or want a politician. You may be okay with the way things are because that's the way they've always been, but I'm not and I'd venture to guess there are lots of people who agree with me.
In my lifetime, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, the 2nd Bush, and Obama sold themselves as not being Washington insiders to some degree or another.

They all ... misspoke.

There are lots of people who want something different. Many of them supported the folks above (or losing candidates) for that reason, and what they got was politicians.

I don't believe in fairy tales, and the idea of a noble nonpartisan non-politician going into Washington and cleaning up the mess is one of the oldest in American politics.

The Congress wouldn't stop being politicians once we elect the noble nonpartisan non-politician, which leaves us with two possibilities: the noble nonpartisan non-politician would quickly become a professional politician, or the noble nonpartisan non-politician would be eaten alive by the sharks in both parties in pretty short order.

My barber is a wonderful person, but I wouldn't let them work on my car. Like I said, should I need the services of a neurosurgeon I wouldn't go to a podiatrist.

We live in a political system. The founders of this country were overwhelmingly opposed to parties - and proceed to organize into them pretty much before the end of Washington's 2nd term, not because they were hypocrites, but because it is inherent in our system of government.

Location hidden

#161642 Apr 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do disagree, but prefer to ignore baseless accusations.
By the way, I am very charming.
That dark alley walk could make you succumb to temptation.
So maybe it's better for the two of us to walk in the daylight.
:)
Not what I meant. I'm sure you are charming but if I'm walking down a dark alley and get mugged, I don't want to be with someone who says "hey I'm a lover, not a fighter". The lies are not baseless accusations. I believe him when he said he'd get the Benghazi perpetrators and maybe he meant it, but he sure hasn't followed through. he said that taxes would not be raised one dime on the middle class. Well guess what they were. He said we would be able to keep our insurance. Looks like alot of people are going to lose theirs. He said that he would not let unemployment get above 7% and it's never gotten back down there. He said he was going to close Gitmo, he didn't. And he doesn't even try to explain these things. If he does he blames someone else. These are not baseless accusations, Cather, they are facts. And only a small sampling of the lies he's told. Now if you can explain it I'll be glad to listen.

Catcher1

United States

#161644 Apr 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not what I meant. I'm sure you are charming but if I'm walking down a dark alley and get mugged, I don't want to be with someone who says "hey I'm a lover, not a fighter". The lies are not baseless accusations. I believe him when he said he'd get the Benghazi perpetrators and maybe he meant it, but he sure hasn't followed through. he said that taxes would not be raised one dime on the middle class. Well guess what they were. He said we would be able to keep our insurance. Looks like alot of people are going to lose theirs. He said that he would not let unemployment get above 7% and it's never gotten back down there. He said he was going to close Gitmo, he didn't. And he doesn't even try to explain these things. If he does he blames someone else. These are not baseless accusations, Cather, they are facts. And only a small sampling of the lies he's told. Now if you can explain it I'll be glad to listen.
It will have to be later. I am in an airplane and had two drinks.

Hey, we may disagree, but I am honest and straightforward.

Don't worry. In a dark alley I will protect you (us).

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#161645 Apr 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
.....said 2 intolerant jackals.
It sounds to me like you started wearing skirts and make-up and changed your name to fancy bob.

This is one of the most passive aggressive threads I ever posted on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 687,387
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr 360Junkman 987,388
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
More from around the web