Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161412 Apr 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Tries to help?
Too friggin funny...
You're right, I wasn't trying to help, I was angry and defensive. So sue me.

Location hidden

#161413 Apr 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You know absolutely NOTHING of my opinion of bullying, let alone my experiences with bullying of the type you describe - experiences that caused me to spend some time with people in your profession to deal with it, not to mention a couple of ER visits.
My comment was sarcasm, sure, but it was at your apparent unwillingness to talk about anything BUT bullying in connection to Newtown - not an attempt to minimize or dismiss bullying.
Since we're sharing problems with each other, lisw, I think you're a little too quick to attribute the fact that someone says something you don't like to a problem of theirs.
I have to ask then why didn't you offer that opinion, damn it. Why does your response have to be something belittling rather than honest.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161414 Apr 20, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Lis is perfectly capable of speaking for herself, but since you shot yer pie hole off again, I will interject.
And Lis can make the necessary corrections but first things first.
Saying "you know what your problem is" is mainly a figure of speech, but more meaningful when coming from a long-time mental health professional, retired or not. There's no need to get literally uptight, especially on an anonymous forum, where strictly pinpointing a diagnosis has it's obvious drawbacks.
Second, you have NO idea what yer blabbering about. You couldn't possibly know what problems Lis may or may not have of her own, merely because she tries to help another with what she truly believes from experience is "their problem".
So unless you have similar experience in the field of mental health, I suggest you stick a cork in it, until such time as you
actually know what yer yakkin' about.
I'd say the same thing about RG, Lyndie, Chris, or anyone else who has experience in the field.
RG, Lyndie, and Chris are social workers too?

Oh, and stuff it, bob. Your suggestions suck.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161415 Apr 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I have to ask then why didn't you offer that opinion, damn it. Why does your response have to be something belittling rather than honest.
So we've moved from my problem to my unwillingness to be honest?

Huh.

My post was a sarcastic poke at you for dismissing the recently gun control legislation as a straw man while attempting to change the subject to bullying, even talking about laws to require school districts to expel kids who bully (which many of them are doing).

The general conversation about bullying has been going on for quite some time now, and it's far less likely you would encounter the same thing today that you did when your daughter was in school.

(There are 90,000+ public schools divided into 13,000+ public school districts in the United States, along with 20,000+ private schools. You'll find ample anecdotal evidence to claim schools have gone too far in addressing OR that schools are still ignoring the problem.)

People want to find an easy answer to tragedies like Newtown. Most of the coverage of the aftermath of that shooting I saw was on Fox, because by early Saturday morning CNN was blatantly trying to force the conversation to gun control. The NRA (which at least had the decency to wait a bit) turned around and tried to focus on mental illness (and more guns, of course).

The thing is, we have to talk about ALL those things, not just one of them. We do have to talk about mental illness, and how to balance between protecting the public and the privacy of the individual. We do have to talk about ways to close loopholes so that the checks we have in place are universal, not just for shootings like Newtown but for the street gun violence too.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161416 Apr 20, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>RG, Lyndie, and Chris are social workers too?
Oh, and stuff it, bob. Your suggestions suck.
You know exactly what I meant. If not, this thread is way over your hat rack.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161417 Apr 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Tries to help?
Too friggin funny...
Knowing Lis, yes, I believe her 1st inclination is to try and help.
Of course I don't expect cynics to agree. That's not MY problem.

However, I AM glad you were amused.

Location hidden

#161418 Apr 20, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You know exactly what I meant. If not, this thread is way over your hat rack.
Yes bob. You meant that I should just shut my pie-hole, rather than advance my opinion of lisw's posts....unless, of course, my opinion is complimentary.

As I said - your suggestions suck.

Location hidden

#161419 Apr 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So we've moved from my problem to my unwillingness to be honest?
Huh.
My post was a sarcastic poke at you for dismissing the recently gun control legislation as a straw man while attempting to change the subject to bullying, even talking about laws to require school districts to expel kids who bully (which many of them are doing).
The general conversation about bullying has been going on for quite some time now, and it's far less likely you would encounter the same thing today that you did when your daughter was in school.
(There are 90,000+ public schools divided into 13,000+ public school districts in the United States, along with 20,000+ private schools. You'll find ample anecdotal evidence to claim schools have gone too far in addressing OR that schools are still ignoring the problem.)
People want to find an easy answer to tragedies like Newtown. Most of the coverage of the aftermath of that shooting I saw was on Fox, because by early Saturday morning CNN was blatantly trying to force the conversation to gun control. The NRA (which at least had the decency to wait a bit) turned around and tried to focus on mental illness (and more guns, of course).
The thing is, we have to talk about ALL those things, not just one of them. We do have to talk about mental illness, and how to balance between protecting the public and the privacy of the individual. We do have to talk about ways to close loopholes so that the checks we have in place are universal, not just for shootings like Newtown but for the street gun violence too.
If you really think that they are expelling bullies than you are not at all realistic. It may be almost 13 years since my daughter was in high school but I've been in schools to counsel in the last few years. I've seen it (bullying) I've reported it and I've gotten the same response that I got for my daughter and this time I was not a frantic parent I was a professional. Someone even proceeded to tell me what my client was doing to deserve it.
I was being a little facetious about laws to prevent bullying, but it is not any more ridiculous than thinking that you can stop school shootings by refusing to let everyone with a mental health diagnosis have a gun. For teens they can't own one anyway, I thought. So they're going to snatch their mom's or their uncle's or whatever.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161420 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>Yes bob. You meant that I should just shut my pie-hole, rather than advance my opinion of lisw's posts....unless, of course, my opinion is complimentary.
Not even close.
In which case, as I said yer too stupid for this thread.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161421 Apr 20, 2013
(IMO).

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161422 Apr 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>If you really think that they are expelling bullies than you are not at all realistic. It may be almost 13 years since my daughter was in high school but I've been in schools to counsel in the last few years. I've seen it (bullying) I've reported it and I've gotten the same response that I got for my daughter and this time I was not a frantic parent I was a professional. Someone even proceeded to tell me what my client was doing to deserve it.
I was being a little facetious about laws to prevent bullying, but it is not any more ridiculous than thinking that you can stop school shootings by refusing to let everyone with a mental health diagnosis have a gun. For teens they can't own one anyway, I thought. So they're going to snatch their mom's or their uncle's or whatever.
It would be unrealistic for someone to claim that the problem of bullying has been 'fixed', but that's not what I said.

What I said was that the general conversation about bullying has been going on for quite some time now, and it's far less likely you would encounter the same thing today that you did when your daughter was in school. That said, with over a hundred twenty thousand public and private schools in this country it's easy to find anecdotal evidence to support any position you want to take. Not all schools or communities are on the same page on the issue, and more needs to be done.

It would be ridiculous for anyone to say there is 'one thing' that should be talked about or done in an effort to prevent future Tucson/Aurora/Newtown shootings, whether it's bullying or background checks or mental health or no-buy registries or gun owner personal responsibility or anything else relevant.

Location hidden

#161423 Apr 21, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close.
In which case, as I said yer too stupid for this thread.
Absenting myself because someone here isn't Fonda Kathryn, would be stupid.
What you meant, was that if Roberta or Chris or Lyndi had an opinion on 'what your problem is', you'd be just as quick to defend them, because they would just have been using a figure of speech.

Lis herself has admitted she wasn't jesting, or 'trying to help,' but remonstrating Willie.

It just happens to be her favorite conversation starter, and you're cool with it.

It just happens that I wasn't.

G'nite bob.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161424 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>Absenting myself because someone here isn't Fonda Kathryn, would be stupid.
What you meant, was that if Roberta or Chris or Lyndi had an opinion on 'what your problem is', you'd be just as quick to defend them, because they would just have been using a figure of speech.
Lis herself has admitted she wasn't jesting, or 'trying to help,' but remonstrating Willie.
It just happens to be her favorite conversation starter, and you're cool with it.
It just happens that I wasn't.
G'nite bob.
Uhhh no! What I meant was, I would say the same thing for the others in relation to whatever field or expertise they were versed in. IOW, if you were a civil engineer, I wouldn't be in here 2nd guessing you on issues of which you have much better knowledge.

Lis said she wasn't trying to "help" Willard, but Willard wasn't my point.

I said: "You couldn't possibly know what problems Lis may or may not have of her own, merely because she tries to help another with what she truly believes from experience is "their problem".

I guess Wilson took that to mean him, but it's the nature of Lis' former vocation to try and help <people> with their problems.

Elementary really, if one reads what's written and not what one thinks it should say.

Location hidden

#161426 Apr 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh no! What I meant was, I would say the same thing for the others in relation to whatever field or expertise they were versed in. IOW, if you were a civil engineer, I wouldn't be in here 2nd guessing you on issues of which you have much better knowledge.
Lis said she wasn't trying to "help" Willard, but Willard wasn't my point.
I said: "You couldn't possibly know what problems Lis may or may not have of her own, merely because she tries to help another with what she truly believes from experience is "their problem".
I guess Wilson took that to mean him, but it's the nature of Lis' former vocation to try and help <people> with their problems.
Elementary really, if one reads what's written and not what one thinks it should say.
You know what your problem is? This is message board.
This isn't Dear Abby. Folks don't come here to fix their problems, whether real, or imagined by Lisw.

Have a great day, bob.

Location hidden

#161427 Apr 22, 2013
erm...'a' message board.

Sorry.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#161429 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>You know what your problem is? This is message board.
This isn't Dear Abby. Folks don't come here to fix their problems, whether real, or imagined by Lisw.
Have a great day, bob.
This board is for WHATEVER a poster chooses to write! This particular thread is political, morphed into current events. There are scores of OFF TOPIC msgs in here over the years, many of them written by me. If you don't like the msg, buzz off or SCROLL PAST THE DAMN THING!

I'm now done with this.

Location hidden

#161430 Apr 22, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
This board is for WHATEVER a poster chooses to write! This particular thread is political, morphed into current events. There are scores of OFF TOPIC msgs in here over the years, many of them written by me. If you don't like the msg, buzz off or SCROLL PAST THE DAMN THING!
I'm now done with this.
I was done with it after my first post on the subject.

Which you obviously didn't like, but somehow, failed to scroll past.

Irony - it's what's for dinner!!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161431 Apr 24, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm now done with this.
Can we write about Napolitano and how she lied under oath? Hope this gets more attention than Benghazi. Meida matters is already foaming at the mouth.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/23/ja...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161432 Apr 24, 2013
Last week, she refused to answer any questions about the Saudi, calling South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan’s inquiry “so full of misstatements and misapprehension that it’s just not worthy of an answer.”

Napolitano firmly responded:“He was not on a watchlist. What happened is — this student was, really when you back it out, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was never a subject. He was never even really a person of interest. Because he was being interviewed, he was at that point put on a watchlist, and then when it was quickly determined he had nothing to do with the bombing, the watch listing status was removed.”[Emphasis added]

But Napolitano’s account today confirms a report by TheBlaze on Monday. It details how a Department of Homeland Security official told us that Alharbi was placed on a terror watchlist after being detained.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#161433 Apr 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Last week, she refused to answer any questions about the Saudi, calling South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan’s inquiry “so full of misstatements and misapprehension that it’s just not worthy of an answer.”
Napolitano firmly responded:“He was not on a watchlist. What happened is — this student was, really when you back it out, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was never a subject. He was never even really a person of interest. Because he was being interviewed, he was at that point put on a watchlist, and then when it was quickly determined he had nothing to do with the bombing, the watch listing status was removed.”[Emphasis added]
But Napolitano’s account today confirms a report by TheBlaze on Monday. It details how a Department of Homeland Security official told us that Alharbi was placed on a terror watchlist after being detained.
You need to get a life, dude.

Get a hobby. Take a trip. Do some gardening. Something.

You're torturing yourself with paranoia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min StarC 603,298
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min BenAdam 8,120
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 879,487
Though God is 'silent', His Creations EXCLAIM H... 29 min andet1987 4
Coward Rednecks and Ghetto Thugs in Arkansas 37 min andet1987 3
The Christian Atheist debate 41 min Critical Eye 3,881
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 44 min andet1987 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Pegasus 272,895
More from around the web