I'm not playing any game here, Lyndi; I'm just a guy who likes to talk about politics and current events on a message board.<quoted text>
When you have no rebuttal but have a compulsion to negatively comment, you have a habit of grabbing a mildly offensive word like "rant," change it's meaning, throw it at the poster and hope it sticks.
Here, add "RANT" and it's revised liberal definition to these:
*discrimination: a word that has lost meaning in the progressive era from over use by the MSM and this administration. To liberals discrimination means not giving equal stuff to members of minorities, who should have whatever they want, and everyone else must pay for those wants.
*diversity: a blend of several unique items coexisting, such as a diversified stock portfolio. Liberals, however, define this word to describe racial, religious, cultural, and other diversity promoted within a single society which they of course define.
*equality: an idea which states that each member of a given group has equal value or equal authority. To liberals it means forced equal outcomes regardless of skill, experience, or effort, as in racial quotas.
* progressive: A "progressive" focuses on using government power to make institutions play by a set of rules. And liberals get to define "the rules."
*prejudice: Prejudice means literally to pre-judge. But liberals cannot stop there they add racial or class or sex or so as to fit their agenda and change the meaning of the word on a whim.
* racist: The MSM and current administration have used this word so much that the word has lost relevance in any honest debate. To liberals it means any person or organization that disagrees with the policies of the current administration.
* rainbow: a rainbow is literally a circular color spectrum appearing in the sky due to the result of refraction and multiple reflections of sunlight in droplets of water. Liberals have redefined the word as a symbol of homosexuality. It has also been redefined and used by left-wing political pressure groups to refer to their agenda of multiculturalism. The word has also been mis-used by liberals as a symbol of diversity. Pick the one you like!
* tyranny: tyranny literally means oppressive power exerted by government. This word is not present in the progressive liberal vocabulary.
* union dues: to liberals, union dues means voluntary contributions from individuals who are happy to belong to a union and agree with all actions the union takes. In actuality, it is money coerced from union members as a condition of employment.
Liberals are presently working on the correct, new and improved definition of "marriage." The word itself has been around for about 1300 - 1400 years and the ceremony of marriage between a man and a woman has been practiced for even longer but liberals want to redefine that one too. Knock yourselves out.
But do me a favor, Willie. Save your "liberal vocabulary hijacking" for someone who doesn't know the game you play in order to squelch comments you find too difficult to rebut.
Thing is, I don't consider scripted attacks on liberalism or conservatism to be talking about politics or current events. It's just talking.
For me to even ATTEMPT to rebut something it would have to be worth my while, and I've been on the record for 3-4 years before you joined the thread as saying the liberal-liberal-liberal stuff isn't worth it.
It is worthy of a little ridicule, however, or maybe pointing out the dodges some people use to talk a lot without saying anything.
You don't like it? Don't read it, or puff yourself up by claiming I can't rebut you, or crank out buzzword-laden scripted schtick like the above, or ... well, whatever you want to do.