Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#161307 Apr 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That's okay. I get the general gist. Soros is quite transparent about his agenda. Cheney is much better at submerging his involvement in things other than oil, war, and making oodles of cash. I can see why he's admired in certain circles. Submerging one's involvement in Anti-American groups IS the agenda there.
Hope your dinner was lovely.
We had Bueno. Blech.
Well, I've gone to the trouble of sorting more, and I'm not about to let my hard work be wasted:

PART III

DEMOCRATIC PARTY: Soros' funding activities are devoted largely to helping the Democratic Party solidify its power base. In a Nov 2003 interview, Soros stated that defeating President Bush in 2004 "is the central focus of my life" ... "a matter of life and death." He pledged to raise $75 million to defeat Bush, and personally donated nearly a third of that amount to anti-Bush organizations. "America under Bush," he said, "is a danger to the world, and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is." Claiming that "the Republican party has been captured by a bunch of extremists," Soros accuses the Bush administration of following a "supremacist ideology" in whose rhetoric he claims to hear echoes of "Nazi slogans."

Emily’s List: This political network raises money for Democratic female political candidates who support unrestricted access to taxpayer-funded abortion-on-demand.

FAITHFUL AMERICA: This organization promotes the redistribution of wealth, an end to enhanced interrogation procedures vis a vis prisoners-of-war, the enactment of policies to combat global warming, and the creation of a government-run heath care system.

FEMINIST MAJORITY: Characterizing the United States as an inherently sexist nation, this group focuses on "advancing the legal, social and political equality of women with men, countering the backlash to women's advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the feminist movement in the United States."

FREE PRESS: This "media reform" organization has worked closely with many notable leftists and such organizations as Media Matters for America, Air America Radio, Global Exchange, Code Pink, Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, the Revolutionary Communist Party, Mother Jones magazine, and Pacifica Radio.

FUNDING EXCHANGE:…pairs leftist donors and foundations with likeminded groups and activists who are dedicated to bringing about their own version of "progressive" change and social justice. Many of these grantees assume that American society is rife with racism, discrimination, exploitation, and inequity and needs to be overhauled via sustained education, activism, and social agitation.

Gisha: Center for the Legal Protection of Freedom of Movement: This anti-Israel organization seeks to help Palestinians "exercise their right to freedom of movement."

Green For All: This group was created by Van Jones to lobby for federal climate, energy, and economic policy initiatives.

HEALTH CARE FOR AMERICA NOW: This group supports a “single payer” model where the federal government would be in charge of financing and administering the entire U.S. healthcare system.

HUMAN RIGHTS FIRST:…group supports open borders and the rights of illegal aliens; charges that the Patriot Act severely erodes Americans' civil liberties; has filed amicus curiae briefs on behalf of terror suspect Jose Padilla; and deplores the Guantanamo Bay detention facilities.

HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH: This group directs a disproportionate share of its criticism at the United States and Israel. It opposes the death penalty in all cases, and supports open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens.

I'lam: This anti-Israel NGO seeks "to develop and empower the Arab media and to give voice to Palestinian issues."

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161309 Apr 17, 2013
I often wonder why rich folks are so tight with their money. Whats the use of having money if you're just going to make a big pile and sit on it? Old rich call the new rich 'Gauche'(sp?) because they give money to good causes.
just wondering.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161310 Apr 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've gone to the trouble of sorting more, and I'm not about to let my hard work be wasted:
PART III
DEMOCRATIC PARTY: Soros' funding activities are devoted largely to helping the Democratic Party solidify its power base. In a Nov 2003 interview, Soros stated that defeating President Bush in 2004 "is the central focus of my life" ... "a matter of life and death." He pledged to raise $75 million to defeat Bush, and personally donated nearly a third of that amount to anti-Bush organizations. "America under Bush," he said, "is a danger to the world, and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is." Claiming that "the Republican party has been captured by a bunch of extremists," Soros accuses the Bush administration of following a "supremacist ideology" in whose rhetoric he claims to hear echoes of "Nazi slogans."
Emily’s List: This political network raises money for Democratic female political candidates who support unrestricted access to taxpayer-funded abortion-on-demand.
FAITHFUL AMERICA: This organization promotes the redistribution of wealth, an end to enhanced interrogation procedures vis a vis prisoners-of-war, the enactment of policies to combat global warming, and the creation of a government-run heath care system.
FEMINIST MAJORITY: Characterizing the United States as an inherently sexist nation, this group focuses on "advancing the legal, social and political equality of women with men, countering the backlash to women's advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the feminist movement in the United States."
FREE PRESS: This "media reform" organization has worked closely with many notable leftists and such organizations as Media Matters for America, Air America Radio, Global Exchange, Code Pink, Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, the Revolutionary Communist Party, Mother Jones magazine, and Pacifica Radio.
FUNDING EXCHANGE:…pairs leftist donors and foundations with likeminded groups and activists who are dedicated to bringing about their own version of "progressive" change and social justice. Many of these grantees assume that American society is rife with racism, discrimination, exploitation, and inequity and needs to be overhauled via sustained education, activism, and social agitation.
Gisha: Center for the Legal Protection of Freedom of Movement: This anti-Israel organization seeks to help Palestinians "exercise their right to freedom of movement."
Green For All: This group was created by Van Jones to lobby for federal climate, energy, and economic policy initiatives.
HEALTH CARE FOR AMERICA NOW: This group supports a “single payer” model where the federal government would be in charge of financing and administering the entire U.S. healthcare system.
HUMAN RIGHTS FIRST:…group supports open borders and the rights of illegal aliens; charges that the Patriot Act severely erodes Americans' civil liberties; has filed amicus curiae briefs on behalf of terror suspect Jose Padilla; and deplores the Guantanamo Bay detention facilities.
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH: This group directs a disproportionate share of its criticism at the United States and Israel. It opposes the death penalty in all cases, and supports open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens.
I'lam: This anti-Israel NGO seeks "to develop and empower the Arab media and to give voice to Palestinian issues."
I'm starting to like this guy.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161311 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>I'm starting to like this guy.
ANYbody, and I do mean ANYbody, especially you and chaser in here who thinks Soros is "okay", or "yer startin' to like this guy" or as chaser stated: "From all you (Roberta) have posted here, in parts I and II, I can only say that Soros is a true American Hero", and regardless of your ideology, you have NO idea just exactly who George Soros is.

So I suggest you BOTH read up on this evil scourge and then try to figure out a way to retract your ignorant accolades. Obviously Soros can afford several high-caliber attorneys to keep him one step ahead of being executed for treason.

Personally I truly hope a "fantasy" panel such as The Star Chamber issues an immediate extermination for this vile rodent. The good news is, at his age, he's not likely to see many more sunrises.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161312 Apr 17, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
I often wonder why rich folks are so tight with their money. Whats the use of having money if you're just going to make a big pile and sit on it? Old rich call the new rich 'Gauche'(sp?) because they give money to good causes.
just wondering.
Not all rich guys are like that. Ever heard of this guy?

Jon Huntsman On Giving Away $1.2 Billion

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0606/focus-...

Clearwater, FL

#161313 Apr 17, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
ANYbody, and I do mean ANYbody, especially you and chaser in here who thinks Soros is "okay", or "yer startin' to like this guy" or as chaser stated: "From all you (Roberta) have posted here, in parts I and II, I can only say that Soros is a true American Hero", and regardless of your ideology, you have NO idea just exactly who George Soros is.
So I suggest you BOTH read up on this evil scourge and then try to figure out a way to retract your ignorant accolades. Obviously Soros can afford several high-caliber attorneys to keep him one step ahead of being executed for treason.
Personally I truly hope a "fantasy" panel such as The Star Chamber issues an immediate extermination for this vile rodent. The good news is, at his age, he's not likely to see many more sunrises.
Indeed. Until BH had posted that I forgot that Huntsman plans to give all his money away before he dies. He couldn't be more different from the pos Soros.

Since: Sep 10

Lima, Peru

#161314 Apr 17, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Until BH had posted that I forgot that Huntsman plans to give all his money away before he dies. He couldn't be more different from the pos Soros.
It's hard for me to believe that there are yahoos like you and bad bob running around out there.

Geez.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161315 Apr 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard for me to believe that there are yahoos like you and bad bob running around out there.
Geez.
Can I please be included in the yahoo group? FYI I just discovered something I didn't know. In the 1930's there was a mighty push for eugenic sterilization. Actually laws were passed in the state of Virginia, with other states close behind. Perhaps because of Hitler and WWII, americans backed off. This is one of those mars right up there with slavery and the trail of tears. So are you really so sure that there are no evil things going on in the US today? Are you so stuck in la-la land?

Location hidden

#161316 Apr 17, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is Daddy Bush, but that hasn't stopped him or the shrub from staying one step ahead of a treason charge either.(And you can bleat that they never committed a treasonable offense, and I'll disagree with you, and we'll argue about that for a minute, and then we can both metaphorically enlist the services of the Star Chamber, and take up a bunch more virtual ink.

Ready, set, GO!!

I knew my quasi-endorsement would get at least you going, Bob.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161317 Apr 17, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that Bill Gates has given away upwards of twenty five billion dollars to date. True, he still owes me more than one billion, but that's for another day.
Twenty five billion. To put that in perspective, remember the two brothers who killed their parents for the family fortune? The total there was just over three million. That's about a day's interest on twenty five billion.(probably more. Too lazy to do the math, and HOW I HATE That phrase!)

Clearwater, FL

#161318 Apr 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez.
Yep. Believe it. Hard working people that say what they mean and mean what they say. Doing crazy things like standing up for our family, helping when others don't look and not looking to brag about it, and from time to time speaking out and yep even going out of our way to piss you off just because we have a 1st amnd. right to do so. Its hard for me to believe that anyone would pay good money to you for whatever you offer but I know its true. Some time back I lived in Washington D.C. and some saw lunacy in all its glory.

Clearwater, FL

#161319 Apr 17, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Can I please be included in the yahoo group? FYI I just discovered something I didn't know. In the 1930's there was a mighty push for eugenic sterilization. Actually laws were passed in the state of Virginia, with other states close behind. Perhaps because of Hitler and WWII, americans backed off. This is one of those mars right up there with slavery and the trail of tears. So are you really so sure that there are no evil things going on in the US today? Are you so stuck in la-la land?
Did you ever hear this?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161320 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>Neither is Daddy Bush, but that hasn't stopped him or the shrub from staying one step ahead of a treason charge either.(And you can bleat that they never committed a treasonable offense, and I'll disagree with you, and we'll argue about that for a minute, and then we can both metaphorically enlist the services of the Star Chamber, and take up a bunch more virtual ink.
Ready, set, GO!!
I knew my quasi-endorsement would get at least you going, Bob.
Yeah, yer a real savant. Pfffffffffffft.

Neither GHW or GW were suspected of "treason". A few twisted foreigners want GW to stand trial in the Hague for WAR CRIMES.

What his father has to do with anything is only a figment of YOUR imagination.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161321 Apr 17, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Can I please be included in the yahoo group? FYI I just discovered something I didn't know. In the 1930's there was a mighty push for eugenic sterilization. Actually laws were passed in the state of Virginia, with other states close behind. Perhaps because of Hitler and WWII, americans backed off. This is one of those mars right up there with slavery and the trail of tears. So are you really so sure that there are no evil things going on in the US today? Are you so stuck in la-la land?
Absent something concrete being done today that you think compares to the mandatory sterilization laws passed in 25+ states starting in the 19-oughts, your question appears to follow the logic "Bad things happened in the past, so if you don't see that they're happening today you must live in la-la land."

What I think ANYONE can see is that there are undoubtedly things being done here in the 2010s that people in the 2090s will consider wrong or evil or just plain stupid.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161322 Apr 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
PART II
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL:... organization directs a grossly disproportionate share of its criticism for human rights violations at the United States and Israel.
Well, Lord knows we can't have too much human rights. People might get to thinkin' they got a right to be treated like humans.

How much ya wanna bet we can't get a tally on that "disproportionate share of its criticism"?
Roberta G wrote:
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington:...litigates and brings ethics charges against "government officials who sacrifice the common good to special interests" and "betray the public trust." Almost all of its targets are Republicans.
Well, Lord knows we don't want too much Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

For those fools that care about actual figures, the 2012 "Most Corrupt Members" inc. 8 R's, 4 D's. Almost all Rs? Hey look! The 2009 report inc. 8 D's, 7 R's.

Guess "almost all" is kinduva shadowy definition.

Thanks tho' for giving us the heads-up on those "leftist" values that threaten.......well, human rights, ethics, and responsibility threaten somethin', I'm sure.

Location hidden

#161323 Apr 17, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Absent something concrete being done today that you think compares to the mandatory sterilization laws passed in 25+ states starting in the 19-oughts, your question appears to follow the logic "Bad things happened in the past, so if you don't see that they're happening today you must live in la-la land."
What I think ANYONE can see is that there are undoubtedly things being done here in the 2010s that people in the 2090s will consider wrong or evil or just plain stupid.
Nope I think there are people in the 2010's that know there are things going on in the 2010's that are just plain stupid or evil and they just don't care, or think they are so enlightened that it can't possibly be, or that's not what they really mean. Example is Obama voting for the right to deny medical care to a born live result of an abortion. Deny all you want, it's just true. Its also true that he wants decisions made by a board with Obamacare that at a certain age you have no right to life saving surgery. Do you mean we might not have proof until 2090? La-la land is where you just don't want to know the bad stuff.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161324 Apr 17, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Nope I think there are people in the 2010's that know there are things going on in the 2010's that are just plain stupid or evil and they just don't care, or think they are so enlightened that it can't possibly be, or that's not what they really mean. Example is Obama voting for the right to deny medical care to a born live result of an abortion. Deny all you want, it's just true. Its also true that he wants decisions made by a board with Obamacare that at a certain age you have no right to life saving surgery. Do you mean we might not have proof until 2090? La-la land is where you just don't want to know the bad stuff.
Actually, what I meant was that you can take look back 80 years from just about any date in modern history and find plenty of things that were by that time considered just plain stupid or evil.

I see no reason to assume that won't be just as true today as it has been in years past.

This may come as more of a shock to you than there are ugly chapters in American history, but what you consider "just plain stupid or evil" may not be the same thing as what I do. I don't see a whole lot of difference between claiming to be enlightened and claiming that people who don't think like you do 'just don't care', either.

Location hidden

#161325 Apr 17, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, what I meant was that you can take look back 80 years from just about any date in modern history and find plenty of things that were by that time considered just plain stupid or evil.
I see no reason to assume that won't be just as true today as it has been in years past.
This may come as more of a shock to you than there are ugly chapters in American history, but what you consider "just plain stupid or evil" may not be the same thing as what I do. I don't see a whole lot of difference between claiming to be enlightened and claiming that people who don't think like you do 'just don't care', either.
The fact of eugenics and forced sterilization somehow slipped right through my radar and I'd be willing to bet most people's here. I have to wonder why it remained so well hidden, but then I should have known. I knew about institutions and who made up the population of institutions. I also knew that prominent families were quite ashamed if anyone in their family looked like anyone in those institutions. I knew India did this, and Hitler, why I thought the US was better than this maybe makes me in la-la land.
Get off your high horse. I didn't say "you" don't care, but there are many that don't as long as their needs are taken care of. We rarely look at the morality of an issue, just what people think it does to make life more convenient.
I have said many times that I worry about the control that is given to the government whenever they give something to a citizen. I know what receiving welfare etc. does to the freedoms of the receivers.

Location hidden

#161326 Apr 17, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yer a real savant. Pfffffffffffft.
Neither GHW or GW were suspected of "treason". A few twisted foreigners want GW to stand trial in the Hague for WAR CRIMES.
What his father has to do with anything is only a figment of YOUR imagination.
Both of them are HIGHLY suspected - they just haven't been charged.

(Big surprise)

The fact that YOU don't suspect them, hardly means no-one else does.

The fact that they haven't been charged, only means that the Congress critters who voted for their treasonous Patriot Act,(and please don't try to convince me Bush the father had nothing to do with that) don't want to go down with them.

Obama hasn't been charged with treason, for the same reason, bob.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#161327 Apr 17, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The fact of eugenics and forced sterilization somehow slipped right through my radar and I'd be willing to bet most people's here. I have to wonder why it remained so well hidden, but then I should have known. I knew about institutions and who made up the population of institutions. I also knew that prominent families were quite ashamed if anyone in their family looked like anyone in those institutions. I knew India did this, and Hitler, why I thought the US was better than this maybe makes me in la-la land.
Get off your high horse. I didn't say "you" don't care, but there are many that don't as long as their needs are taken care of. We rarely look at the morality of an issue, just what people think it does to make life more convenient.
I have said many times that I worry about the control that is given to the government whenever they give something to a citizen. I know what receiving welfare etc. does to the freedoms of the receivers.
There are a couple of reasons that page of our history is left out of the history books, and the program wasn't just limited to those in mental institutions but also to jails.

I think shame is part of the reason - shame that we (along with much of the Western world, particularly where Protestants dominated) engaged in the practice, shame that we engaged in a practice so closely identified with the Nazis.

There's a political element to it too, because frankly some people object to teaching negative things included in American history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any girls my age (15) wanna trade pics with me?... (Jun '12) 48 min El Capitan 8
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Thinking 56,242
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 649,850
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,925
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr brandy trujillo 972,403
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 2 hr Thinking 71
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 2 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web