Bush is a hero

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161249 Apr 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Hip you're tiresome. I try to answer your question honestly and you can't come back with just a disagreeing point it has to be flip and belittling. I understand that's your schtick but I refuse to be told everytime that I rationalize, present strawmen etc. I guess sadly it's just best that I don't try to answer your question since it is clear you don't want "my" answer.
You know that Condi was one of the most abused by the left. We were not just talking about one person but about the whole concept.
Well we were just talking about one person, and how his demeaning comments sparked a reaction (surprise?). You expanded that instance to say it shows another instance of "vicious" institutional bias in the Democratic Party and liberal media against black conservatives, and further that it is somehow a hallmark primarily OF the Democratic Party. For further example you brought in Condi Rice, a woman and a black conservative.

I believe I gamely followed your "whole concept" and showed that A) the remarks of a few unknowns do not constitute the voice of the Democratic Party, as you originally implied, and B) the left has no monopoly on the fringe, much less national figures, attacking those private and public citizens who dare to speak out. I, of course, would say that the racial comments toward the President and his wife, attacks on Sandra Fluke, attacks on Michael J. Fox, attacks on the "uninformed, handout-greedy" blacks who voted for Obama, etc ad nauseum, all originated by prominent national conservative figures, and many repeated, and tolerated, even defended, in this very forum, far outstrip anything some dude named Toure said on an obscure cable TV show(?) about Dr. Carson and the Republican party. But I understand you have your definition of "vicious" and I have mine. Vive la difference.

Regardless, it IS about Dr. Carson's degrading comments. Proof? Dr. Carson hardly appeared in this forum until AFTER his demeaning comments equating gay marriage with bestiality and pedophilia, and the subsequent reaction from the left AND right. He was on the RNC radar after his CPAC speech, but his "web-buzz factor" spiked only AFTER this incident.

Misdirecting the dialogue away from those specifics about Carson's comments, and re-directing them to a general indictment of the Democratic Party's treatment of black conservatives, is a transparent evasion tactic of those uncomfortable with what he actually said.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161250 Apr 14, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well we were just talking about one person, and how his demeaning comments sparked a reaction (surprise?). You expanded that instance to say it shows another instance of "vicious" institutional bias in the Democratic Party and liberal media against black conservatives, and further that it is somehow a hallmark primarily OF the Democratic Party. For further example you brought in Condi Rice, a woman and a black conservative.
I believe I gamely followed your "whole concept" and showed that A) the remarks of a few unknowns do not constitute the voice of the Democratic Party, as you originally implied, and B) the left has no monopoly on the fringe, much less national figures, attacking those private and public citizens who dare to speak out. I, of course, would say that the racial comments toward the President and his wife, attacks on Sandra Fluke, attacks on Michael J. Fox, attacks on the "uninformed, handout-greedy" blacks who voted for Obama, etc ad nauseum, all originated by prominent national conservative figures, and many repeated, and tolerated, even defended, in this very forum, far outstrip anything some dude named Toure said on an obscure cable TV show(?) about Dr. Carson and the Republican party. But I understand you have your definition of "vicious" and I have mine. Vive la difference.
Regardless, it IS about Dr. Carson's degrading comments. Proof? Dr. Carson hardly appeared in this forum until AFTER his demeaning comments equating gay marriage with bestiality and pedophilia, and the subsequent reaction from the left AND right. He was on the RNC radar after his CPAC speech, but his "web-buzz factor" spiked only AFTER this incident.
Misdirecting the dialogue away from those specifics about Carson's comments, and re-directing them to a general indictment of the Democratic Party's treatment of black conservatives, is a transparent evasion tactic of those uncomfortable with what he actually said.
"I" was not just talking about Ben Carson, I was using him as an example. Toure is as much a spokesman for the democratic party as Limbaugh is for the republican party. So let's keep this on even ground. It is only an attempt at misdirection if 'I" intended it as misdirection. You can't decide what the conversation is for everyone.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161251 Apr 14, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well we were just talking about one person, and how his demeaning comments sparked a reaction (surprise?). You expanded that instance to say it shows another instance of "vicious" institutional bias in the Democratic Party and liberal media against black conservatives, and further that it is somehow a hallmark primarily OF the Democratic Party. For further example you brought in Condi Rice, a woman and a black conservative.
Who is this carson fellow?'Dr., is it? Is he michael jacksons doc? He's a lousy singer, by the way. The doc, that is. I thought michael was mediocre, but that's just my opinion.
Dennis Miller could be wrong.

Location hidden

#161252 Apr 14, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this carson fellow?'Dr., is it? Is he michael jacksons doc? He's a lousy singer, by the way. The doc, that is. I thought michael was mediocre, but that's just my opinion.
Dennis Miller could be wrong.
Check him out on the internet. I've known about him for awhile since my husband sees neurosurgeons, he turned up on my search. He is a pediatric neurosurgeon, brilliant but not in a way that he looks down his nose at everyone. I didn't know there was any thing political about him until his talk at the prayer breakfast where he boldly but politely talked against Obamacare and political correctness. I agree with him on most things and I believe he'd make a great president. he has as much experience as Obama had.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161253 Apr 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Check him out on the internet. I've known about him for awhile since my husband sees neurosurgeons, he turned up on my search. He is a pediatric neurosurgeon, brilliant but not in a way that he looks down his nose at everyone. I didn't know there was any thing political about him until his talk at the prayer breakfast where he boldly but politely talked against Obamacare and political correctness. I agree with him on most things and I believe he'd make a great president. he has as much experience as Obama had.
I re-wrote the budget for the east Lewis county Head Start program in 1996. I believe that That gives me more 'experience' than barry.
Politically, I'm pretty easy. I'll side with Anyone who's against obama. He's a political candy-ass, and gets away with shit just because he's black. Yeah, I know. That's what the others have been saying. I just put it in plain english.

Location hidden

#161254 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I re-wrote the budget for the east Lewis county Head Start program in 1996. I believe that That gives me more 'experience' than barry.
Politically, I'm pretty easy. I'll side with Anyone who's against obama. He's a political candy-ass, and gets away with shit just because he's black. Yeah, I know. That's what the others have been saying. I just put it in plain english.
Blackheart for President!
Roberta G

Duluth, GA

#161255 Apr 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Blackheart for President!
He'd have MY vote :)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161256 Apr 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>"I" was not just talking about Ben Carson, I was using him as an example. Toure is as much a spokesman for the democratic party as Limbaugh is for the republican party. So let's keep this on even ground. It is only an attempt at misdirection if 'I" intended it as misdirection. You can't decide what the conversation is for everyone.
The notion that Toure is in the same league with Limbaugh as far as spokesman, let alone opinion shaper, is really quite ridiculous.

Do Toure's comments reflect the thinking of a segment of 'the left'?

Yes, and that's, if not understandable, at least predictable. As I pointed out the other day, supporters of the non-violent movement were busy calling opponents of marches and sit-ins 'tokens' at the same time they were being called tokens by those advocating more direct action.

Is this phenomenon limited to blacks, or to liberals? Hardly, and if you don't believe me just stay tuned as the debates on immigration and background checks unfold.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161257 Apr 14, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>He'd have MY vote :)
Mine too... Kim Jong Un would face a grim future with BH in the White House.

:)

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161258 Apr 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The notion that Toure is in the same league with Limbaugh as far as spokesman, let alone opinion shaper, is really quite ridiculous.
Do Toure's comments reflect the thinking of a segment of 'the left'?
Yes, and that's, if not understandable, at least predictable. As I pointed out the other day, supporters of the non-violent movement were busy calling opponents of marches and sit-ins 'tokens' at the same time they were being called tokens by those advocating more direct action.
Is this phenomenon limited to blacks, or to liberals? Hardly, and if you don't believe me just stay tuned as the debates on immigration and background checks unfold.
The country as a whole is what? Lazy? uncaring? What? I mean, when lil' georgie said that the police would arrest any and all protesters against his war, the people LISTENED. In 1970, when Kent State happened, our school protested by spending the morning standing out on the field, refusing to go to class. As I remember, most of the country did it the same day.
What has to happen to this country to pull the people together like it used to be?
You know, as Little as we do here, if the wrong three catch words are used by two or more of us, homeland security could kick our doors in and arrest the lot of us. They could ship us off to GITMO, and nobody would know, or hear of us ever again, or even care.
Ah, what the hell. Maybe Jay-Z and bouncy would bring us a bag of cookies.

Location hidden

#161260 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
The country as a whole is what? Lazy? uncaring? What? I mean, when lil' georgie said that the police would arrest any and all protesters against his war, the people LISTENED. In 1970, when Kent State happened, our school protested by spending the morning standing out on the field, refusing to go to class. As I remember, most of the country did it the same day.
What has to happen to this country to pull the people together like it used to be?
You know, as Little as we do here, if the wrong three catch words are used by two or more of us, homeland security could kick our doors in and arrest the lot of us. They could ship us off to GITMO, and nobody would know, or hear of us ever again, or even care.
Huh? I don't think GW said police would arrest war protesters.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161261 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I can think of a lot of terms I could use to describe the aftermath of the invasion of Cambodia and the subsequent killings at Kent State, but 'pulling the people together' isn't one of them.

It pulled SOME people together in opposition; it pulled just as many, maybe more, together in support of Nixon, as evidenced by his victory in '72, even some people who had long ceased to support the war.
gaxaxxa

Pittsburgh, PA

#161262 Apr 14, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …………… U Born Again?
or Saved? Bush will Destroy Obama,,

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161263 Apr 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I can think of a lot of terms I could use to describe the aftermath of the invasion of Cambodia and the subsequent killings at Kent State, but 'pulling the people together' isn't one of them.
It pulled SOME people together in opposition; it pulled just as many, maybe more, together in support of Nixon, as evidenced by his victory in '72, even some people who had long ceased to support the war.
Yeah, but the point is people used to DO something about it. Marches, sit-ins, petitions and what have you. These days, everybody just lets it happen. Last thing I remember folks doing anything was the WTO meeting in Seattle a decade ago. That was kinda cool, because they were using their cell phones to co-ordinate the protests. Heck, they even made a movie about it (Battle In Seattle).
Jeez. Nobody said 'Boo' about the death of the Twinkie! Talk about apathetic. Don't worry too much. America's vapid response team is gonna get on it.
sooner or later.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161264 Apr 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Blackheart for President!
Heh. Thanks for the laugh.
UidiotRaceMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#161265 Apr 14, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>How nice for them.
But I don't want to live in Cuba.
Don't need to, think as a Health care vacation ...
UidiotRaceMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#161266 Apr 14, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Mine too... Kim Jong Un would face a grim future with BH in the White House.
:)
Why get out American populace involve? Whenever Our slick US Faux media corporatist /govt impact controls, deceptive propaganda putting fear and hatred into populace and incite us all to support these illegal/bad US overseas wars that only benefit our evil war-for- profiteering enterprises/War investors/War manufacturers... all it does is morally and financially bankrupt a nation(s), and many people on both side died in a stupid war that benefit the greedy/ corrupted US Warmongers/investors.. How many more Stupid wars that we as American support, and all it does make us more enemies worldwide

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161267 Apr 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? I don't think GW said police would arrest war protesters.
Yep. He did.I think it was 2004-5, when it came out that he lied to the people about WMDs.
UidiotRaceMaKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#161268 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Heh. Thanks for the laugh.
We all need the NAtives , the Aboriginal of the land , to repair what the war mongering colonizer did awful to the nation and world people it it, it about time?

Location hidden

#161269 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep. He did.I think it was 2004-5, when it came out that he lied to the people about WMDs.
No argument that there were no WMD's. Whether he lied is debatable, but you said he would have the police arrest protesters. He never did that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Insults Are Easier 951,306
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 627,782
From where do you come from?? 8 min Doctor REALITY 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 14 min lil whispers 3,369
Looking for a rat terrier dog 19 min Mental blonde 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min scraybar jack 14,664
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min RiccardoFire 615,678
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 278,477
More from around the web