Comments
154,101 - 154,120 of 173,276 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#161182 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Loquacious Lyndi,
Thanks for your warm missive. My reference to "rant" was to your lengthy post, not the little one you cited. The definition of the word fits your post to a T.
I'm disappointed that you continue to dodge my questions. You continue to drop in my estimation by demonstrating intellectual dishonesty. Shame on you.:(
Your very well educated pal,
Catcher
lyndi well educated... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHaaaaa

United States

#161183 Apr 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Somewhere in Havana there are a couple of old-line Commies sipping Café Cubano who (after waiting for the server to leave and carefully looking up down left right forward backward and under the table) are muttering about how in the old days they would have never let the Revolution be sullied by those Yankee entertainers.
and the beat goes on, yeah the beat goes on
Health Care way way better than the US...

United States

#161184 Apr 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! Condescending much?
ANY of us in opposition can be labeled ranting, for one reason or another, and that includes YOU Chaser.
BTW, yer d@mn lucky PRC authorities didn't find any reason to detain you and stick you with a spying charge. There's been a fair amount of that happening in those places.(Not that I care
you understand).
I see You once Again been Stockholmed by outdate McCarthyism era politic, as your ugly turtle head appear once again, do get of the Koolaid Meathead ... BWHAHAHHHAAA.

J0hn Stockwell, former CIA official (from His books, Speeches...
" is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms.
"Enemies are necessary for the wheels of the U.S. military machine to turn."

United States

#161185 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are providing clues about why you have a weight problem.
He's a HomeErectus the love fatty meat... WBHAHHAHAa

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161186 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are providing clues about why you have a weight problem.
Don't have a weight problem, clem. Gotta weight LOSS problem.

United States

#161187 Apr 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song
I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
No, no!
I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?
There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
Don't get fooled again
No, no!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAH!
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
While most of out American Sheeples are sleeping, and Big Nero jump down your chimneys ! BWHAHHAaa

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161188 Apr 12, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have a weight problem, clem. Gotta weight LOSS problem.
Hey, I know we have our differences.

But it's all about will power.

You have to be strong.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161189 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, you were so young. I guess I was too. I was newly married and my husband and I used to joke that he was a hawk and I was a dove. The truth was he listened alot to what I had to say and he voted for McGovern too. Later we both became conservatives though I'm lots more liberal about some social issues than he is.
When I was in high school we used to have lively discussion in a class called POD (problems of democracy) I would have been considered liberal back then. Funny thing is I haven't changed.
Yeah. We were just kids, but we tried to understand the political mechanism (Still don't, BTW). My first vote was in '76. Voted for Carter, even though I thought that mondale was a stuffed shirt. The 'peanut farmer should have been a clue for All of us.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#161190 Apr 13, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. We were just kids, but we tried to understand the political mechanism (Still don't, BTW). My first vote was in '76. Voted for Carter, even though I thought that mondale was a stuffed shirt. The 'peanut farmer should have been a clue for All of us.
It goes way back to birth of nation! The Political Mechanism is to take you our American Sheeoples for ride of your life time .

(from his books...
John stockwell ex-cia

"
The major function of secrecy in Washington is to keep the U.S. people ... from knowing what the nation's leaders are doing.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161191 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I never get sick and this year got a flu shot, then got the flu with a vengeance.
You are right, there are good and bad republicans and democrats. I guess my biggest problem is with the general behavior of the democratic party, from their acceptance of democratic cheaters to their insistence on owning any gains we have made in the area of civil rights,

to the point of being vicious with any prominent black person that disagrees.
I wonder what Sandra Fluke might think of that assessment.

Not sure what fringe goof you might have heard being "vicious" with Dr. Carson, but in general, disagreeing with him does not constitute "being vicious". We heard the same thing if anyone said a discouraging word about Cain - being skeptical of his half-baked 999 tax plan was dismissed as a hidden agenda with about the uppity black man. I speak from personal experience there.

It's a strategy - when the opposition doesn't want to inform themselves enough to discuss the substance of the disagreement, they defer to these wholly subjective accusations. "You just have issues with (women/men, conservatives/liberals, believers/skeptics, etc)". It may well be true in certain cases, but in honesty, one should be able to back it up with specific examples a little more substantial than "I think you have issues....".

All sides have members that play these disingenuous games - bad bob has pointed that out many times. Painting the entire opposition with that readily-available fringe individual allows one to dismiss them as a group. It's not a particular honest rhetorical maneuver, but very easy and very popular.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161192 Apr 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find the same thing when it comes to supporting the War on Terror. i dont remember anyone complaining. In fact it was just the opposite when all the statues of Sadaam came tumbling down. Hard to find anyone now that will admit to supporting it.
And you can save it chaser. I know you were against it from the start..........Eyeroll)
There's a huge difference between the War On Terror and the War On Iraq.

I'm afraid you weren't paying attention if you didn't note the admittedly small but vocal opposition to the wholly bewildering shift from chasing Al Qaeda to unseating Hussein. We were there, protesting loudly, but not loudly enough to overcome the return sneers of "Shut up and Support The Troops!" At the top levels, generals and policy-makers that objected were shunted out and effectively silenced - Powell, Clarke, Wilson, Zinni, and Shinseki come to mind. In Feb of 2003, 300,000 citizens marched in opposition to the impending invasion of Iraq, with smaller protests across the country. The relatively few media and ordinary citizens who objected were loudly shushed with accusations of supporting terrorism and endangering the troops.

You might not remember, but believe me, we were there, and we were paying attention, and we were speaking out. Most of America was too fired up with blind thoughts of revenge and a misguided patriotism gleefully manipulated by politicians to want to listen.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161193 Apr 13, 2013
I do hope democrats don't nominate another African American for president anytime soon. Until playing the race card is completely taboo and not employed by liberals as a key tool to get someone elected, it simply doesn't work in the best interest of the nation.

I saw the writing on the wall before he was elected and I say this with confidence because it is an undeniable truth that little criticism of such a president can be voiced without the left screaming, "racist." No eyebrow raising at his performance can be done without the racist agents suiting up and stepping in to fight a non-existent enemy, no taking him to task for dubious decisions made, no finger pointing is permitted without the underlying racist chess move attached to it. Much of the JUNK he gets away with, refuses to comment on or simply buries because he feels like it, our once objective presidential critics and citizens are now timid about appropriately slamming him for fear of being either labeled or ignored. Yelling racist has become the prelude to avoidance. A reasonable, thorough response from this administration on the hard questions without being met with smoke and mirrors, is a rarity.
Why?
Because they can.

A case can absolutely be made that keeping an eye and a thumb on this president is almost impossible and in my view, dangerous. He gets pass after pass after pass because of the color of his skin and the media with few exceptions acts as his handy dandy defensive linebackers in nearly all matters. They and the trained seals (aka Obama devotees,) no matter what he does, never tire of yelling "racisim" and the independants, moderates, republicans and even many democrats are now gun shy because of it. It's a masterful trick, a brilliant move and one of the all time great plays in the sport of American politics.
You can't tether this guy because----> he's black.

Not long ago I had lunch with a woman who was Obama's superior at one time in Illinois. She remembers him as a cocky, swaggering, self enamoured, narcissist. Some things simply don't change with time and now that he's an official member of the very exclusive club of American presidents, I don't see him developing a sense of humility anytime soon and the lack of that important charecter trait is distrubing on multiple levels.

He was a monumental mistake for America and our decision to elect him in good part because a majority were in a reckless mood to create a "historical moment," was a decision we will pay for, for a very long time.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161194 Apr 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what Sandra Fluke might think of that assessment.
Not sure what fringe goof you might have heard being "vicious" with Dr. Carson, but in general, disagreeing with him does not constitute "being vicious". We heard the same thing if anyone said a discouraging word about Cain - being skeptical of his half-baked 999 tax plan was dismissed as a hidden agenda with about the uppity black man. I speak from personal experience there.
It's a strategy - when the opposition doesn't want to inform themselves enough to discuss the substance of the disagreement, they defer to these wholly subjective accusations. "You just have issues with (women/men, conservatives/liberals, believers/skeptics, etc)". It may well be true in certain cases, but in honesty, one should be able to back it up with specific examples a little more substantial than "I think you have issues....".
All sides have members that play these disingenuous games - bad bob has pointed that out many times. Painting the entire opposition with that readily-available fringe individual allows one to dismiss them as a group. It's not a particular honest rhetorical maneuver, but very easy and very popular.
So you'd agree that Toure Neblitt's saying that Ben Carson is a "token" meant to "assauge the Rebublicans guilt for past racial indiscretions" is a rhetorical maneuver. Not to mention that it is insulting to Dr. Carson. There are racists in the Republican party and there are racists in the democratic party. Problem is that democrats think being a democrat gives them a pass. Luckily Dr. Carson is not phased. Heck Condaleeza Rice was not phased. Noone gets to define what constitutes the "appropriate" black person.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161195 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
I do hope democrats don't nominate another African American for president anytime soon. Until playing the race card is completely taboo and not employed by liberals as a key tool to get someone elected, it simply doesn't work in the best interest of the nation.
I saw the writing on the wall before he was elected and I say this with confidence because it is an undeniable truth that little criticism of such a president can be voiced without the left screaming, "racist." No eyebrow raising at his performance can be done without the racist agents suiting up and stepping in to fight a non-existent enemy, no taking him to task for dubious decisions made, no finger pointing is permitted without the underlying racist chess move attached to it. Much of the JUNK he gets away with, refuses to comment on or simply buries because he feels like it, our once objective presidential critics and citizens are now timid about appropriately slamming him for fear of being either labeled or ignored. Yelling racist has become the prelude to avoidance. A reasonable, thorough response from this administration on the hard questions without being met with smoke and mirrors, is a rarity.
Why?
Because they can.
A case can absolutely be made that keeping an eye and a thumb on this president is almost impossible and in my view, dangerous. He gets pass after pass after pass because of the color of his skin and the media with few exceptions acts as his handy dandy defensive linebackers in nearly all matters. They and the trained seals (aka Obama devotees,) no matter what he does, never tire of yelling "racisim" and the independants, moderates, republicans and even many democrats are now gun shy because of it. It's a masterful trick, a brilliant move and one of the all time great plays in the sport of American politics.
Not long ago I had lunch with a woman who was Obama's superior at one time in Illinois. She remembers him as a cocky, swaggering, self enamoured, narcissist. Some things simply don't change with time and now that he's an official member of the very exclusive club of American presidents, I don't see him developing a sense of humility anytime soon and the lack of that important charecter trait is distrubing on multiple levels.
He was a monumental mistake for America and our decision to elect him in good part because a majority were in a reckless mood to create a "historical moment," was a decision we will pay for, for a very long time.
But if the GOP nominates an "African American" that would be perfectly fine....eh?

After all, our cocky, swaggering, self-enamored, narcissist nominee was a white guy...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161196 Apr 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>But if the GOP nominates an "African American" that would be perfectly fine....eh?
After all, our cocky, swaggering, self-enamored, narcissist nominee was a white guy...
Very wealthy and very white doesn't translate into cocky, self-enamoured, swagggering, narcissist. They're not synonymous and they certainly don't fly with Romney just because you want them to.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#161197 Apr 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There's a huge difference between the War On Terror and the War On Iraq.
I'm afraid you weren't paying attention if you didn't note the admittedly small but vocal opposition to the wholly bewildering shift from chasing Al Qaeda to unseating Hussein. We were there, protesting loudly, but not loudly enough to overcome the return sneers of "Shut up and Support The Troops!" At the top levels, generals and policy-makers that objected were shunted out and effectively silenced - Powell, Clarke, Wilson, Zinni, and Shinseki come to mind. In Feb of 2003, 300,000 citizens marched in opposition to the impending invasion of Iraq, with smaller protests across the country. The relatively few media and ordinary citizens who objected were loudly shushed with accusations of supporting terrorism and endangering the troops.
You might not remember, but believe me, we were there, and we were paying attention, and we were speaking out. Most of America was too fired up with blind thoughts of revenge and a misguided patriotism gleefully manipulated by politicians to want to listen.
Oh, I'm sure there was some opposition there always is and will be. I agree though that the media downplayed it and kept it as undercover as they could. No one I was in contact with at that time was in opposition.

All I'm saying is its hard to find a liberal or a democrat right now who will admit to it.

Location hidden

#161198 Apr 13, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Health Care way way better than the US...
Better, or just more comprehensive?

Here, if one can afford it, one gets the very best care in the world.

There, regardless of what one could plausibly afford, one is given the care authorized by the government.

There is a difference.

Location hidden

#161199 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Why?
Because they can.
I may need me a little tinfoil cap but I wonder how cocky Obama really is. I get the feeling that he "owes" lots of people and they are determined he will pay.

Location hidden

#161200 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Very wealthy and very white doesn't translate into cocky, self-enamoured, swagggering, narcissist. They're not synonymous and they certainly don't fly with Romney just because you want them to.
"47% of Americans are slackers, just looking for government handouts." - a cocky, swaggering assessment of his opposition.

"I lost because the other side was promising gifts." - a self-enamored failure to assess his own deficiencies.

Decrying the lack of taxes paid by the very poor, and deducting 70K from his own for a dancing horse - a narcissistic interpretation of the tax code.

If only he'd been black.

Location hidden

#161201 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I know we have our differences.
But it's all about will power.
You have to be strong.
How about all of the obese poor people? Are they not strong enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 538,928
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 257,985
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Stephania 599,888
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 226,337
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min River Tam 732,923
Appjoy invite code 28 min Jaws 44
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 29 min yon 2,423
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••