Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Loquacious Lyndi,
Thanks for your warm missive. My reference to "rant" was to your lengthy post, not the little one you cited. The definition of the word fits your post to a T.
I'm disappointed that you continue to dodge my questions. You continue to drop in my estimation by demonstrating intellectual dishonesty. Shame on you.:(
Your very well educated pal,
Catcher
Hah! Condescending much?

ANY of us in opposition can be labeled ranting, for one reason or another, and that includes YOU Chaser.

BTW, yer d@mn lucky PRC authorities didn't find any reason to detain you and stick you with a spying charge. There's been a fair amount of that happening in those places.(Not that I care
you understand).

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Did you guys know that China has trade agreements with a dozen or more countries that don't require the american dollar? And that three of the countries are Russia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia?
I understand that it's working so well that other countries, including African nations we've been propping up for the last fifty years or so want in.
Anybody wanna guess what that is going to do to the value of the dollar?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The failure to recognize the Southern strategy invented by Nixon's 1968 campaign, and its subsequent fine tuning, complete with dog whistles to an increasingly embittered and struggling working white class anxious for scapegoats (as has been true since reconstruction for economically struggling Southerners and increasingly, Northerners), allows rightists to paint a picture of "liberals" keeping racial minorities captive through "handouts," never mind that the bulk of the "handouts" go to struggling whites. Long sentence. You parse it.
Yep it is a long sentence and if you think I think Nixon did anything right for civil rights you are wrong. Nixon wasn't a republican he was a crook. Everything he did was for himself.(didn't vote for him)He held off a possible peace treaty with North Vietnam because he wanted to make sure he got elected. Sound like anyone we know? Other than that I have no idea what you want to say. Sorry it took me so long to answer, I've been really sick.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yep it is a long sentence and if you think I think Nixon did anything right for civil rights you are wrong. Nixon wasn't a republican he was a crook. Everything he did was for himself.(didn't vote for him)He held off a possible peace treaty with North Vietnam because he wanted to make sure he got elected. Sound like anyone we know? Other than that I have no idea what you want to say. Sorry it took me so long to answer, I've been really sick.
Wilt Chamberlain once scored 100 points in an N.B.A. basketball game played at an arena in Hershey PA with a capacity of maybe 2000 spectators. Today, there are thousands and thousands of people who claim they were at the game.

On the other hand, you will have a hard time finding anybody who will admit having voted for Nixon. You'd think the poor dude got at most a couple of hundred votes....

We called him Tricky Dicky.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilt Chamberlain once scored 100 points in an N.B.A. basketball game played at an arena in Hershey PA with a capacity of maybe 2000 spectators. Today, there are thousands and thousands of people who claim they were at the game.
On the other hand, you will have a hard time finding anybody who will admit having voted for Nixon. You'd think the poor dude got at most a couple of hundred votes....
You can find the same thing when it comes to supporting the War on Terror. i dont remember anyone complaining. In fact it was just the opposite when all the statues of Sadaam came tumbling down. Hard to find anyone now that will admit to supporting it.

And you can save it chaser. I know you were against it from the start..........Eyeroll)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Larry. I heard Tofu tastes a lot like papier mache?
Lol, that's probably a good comparison.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be that way for Obama some day. But it's true. It was my first vote ever, and I voted for McGovern. I really wanted him to win. I remember though him coming down to the lobby of his hotel in rolled up shirt sleeves to address a bunch of kids protesting the night of the election.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
it was Tesla, notFisker, that bought the Fremont, Ca. plant in conjunction with Toyota. They're still in operation.
Sorry. I can't keep my green co's straight. Did Tesla get taxpayer money?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for laughs Mr. Winters! Farewell. God bless.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It will be that way for Obama some day. But it's true. It was my first vote ever, and I voted for McGovern. I really wanted him to win. I remember though him coming down to the lobby of his hotel in rolled up shirt sleeves to address a bunch of kids protesting the night of the election.
Funny. In 1972, I was in junior high, and we used to hang around the quad at lunch hour and discuss who would be the better prez. There were some kids who said they would vote for Wallace just because he got shot. Stupid reason, and we told them so. The guys, I think there were four or five of them, weren't shop class dummies, either. They were part of the smart set, or whatever it was they went by back then. Imagine Kids having loud debates about politics.
Yeah, we sugar coat a lot of our past, but school always seems like the best of times. This was near the end of seventh grade, and a lot of us carried over our friendships from grade school. It wasn't until eighth grade that we all kind of went our different ways. It was easy because Truman was both elementary and junior high school.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yep it is a long sentence and if you think I think Nixon did anything right for civil rights you are wrong. Nixon wasn't a republican he was a crook. Everything he did was for himself.(didn't vote for him)He held off a possible peace treaty with North Vietnam because he wanted to make sure he got elected. Sound like anyone we know? Other than that I have no idea what you want to say. Sorry it took me so long to answer, I've been really sick.
She wasn't talking about Nixon doing anything for civil rights, lisw.

She was talking about the strategy employed by the Republican Party from Nixon on to turn the formerly blue-state South into dependable red-states.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
Very sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope you're feeling better. No need to apologize.

Yes, it does sound familiar...I'm guessing you refer to our current Prez, and the various 'postponements' he continues to apply to keeping his promises...which never seem to materialize, or instead morph to the opposite of what he promised.

I'm not a fan of his, you know.

What I wanted to say was that not all liberals are Obama, Reid, Biden or Holder. Nor are all liberals Marx. The broad brush always paints too many unfairly - perhaps I should just have said that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Very sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope you're feeling better. No need to apologize.
Yes, it does sound familiar...I'm guessing you refer to our current Prez, and the various 'postponements' he continues to apply to keeping his promises...which never seem to materialize, or instead morph to the opposite of what he promised.
I'm not a fan of his, you know.
What I wanted to say was that not all liberals are Obama, Reid, Biden or Holder. Nor are all liberals Marx. The broad brush always paints too many unfairly - perhaps I should just have said that.
Thanks. I never get sick and this year got a flu shot, then got the flu with a vengeance.
You are right, there are good and bad republicans and democrats. I guess my biggest problem is with the general behavior of the democratic party, from their acceptance of democratic cheaters to their insistence on owning any gains we have made in the area of civil rights, to the point of being vicious with any prominent black person that disagrees.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. In 1972, I was in junior high, and we used to hang around the quad at lunch hour and discuss who would be the better prez. There were some kids who said they would vote for Wallace just because he got shot. Stupid reason, and we told them so. The guys, I think there were four or five of them, weren't shop class dummies, either. They were part of the smart set, or whatever it was they went by back then. Imagine Kids having loud debates about politics.
Yeah, we sugar coat a lot of our past, but school always seems like the best of times. This was near the end of seventh grade, and a lot of us carried over our friendships from grade school. It wasn't until eighth grade that we all kind of went our different ways. It was easy because Truman was both elementary and junior high school.
Ah, you were so young. I guess I was too. I was newly married and my husband and I used to joke that he was a hawk and I was a dove. The truth was he listened alot to what I had to say and he voted for McGovern too. Later we both became conservatives though I'm lots more liberal about some social issues than he is.
When I was in high school we used to have lively discussion in a class called POD (problems of democracy) I would have been considered liberal back then. Funny thing is I haven't changed.
UIdiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
Did you guys know that China has trade agreements with a dozen or more countries that don't require the american dollar? And that three of the countries are Russia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia?
I understand that it's working so well that other countries, including African nations we've been propping up for the last fifty years or so want in.
Anybody wanna guess what that is going to do to the value of the dollar?
BRIC And even Austrailia and other beginning to Drop US Dollar as World currency reserve, as many of our American sheeples are clueless! MWBHAHHAHAHAA

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOO! You don't say. Well that would be amazing news, except that's what about 2/3 of the entire planet called him.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, you were so young. I guess I was too. I was newly married and my husband and I used to joke that he was a hawk and I was a dove. The truth was he listened alot to what I had to say and he voted for McGovern too. Later we both became conservatives though I'm lots more liberal about some social issues than he is.
When I was in high school we used to have lively discussion in a class called POD (problems of democracy) I would have been considered liberal back then. Funny thing is I haven't changed.
U Right Wing Americans NeoCONServatives ruined USA. BWEhahahahahahaa

George Kennan, head of U.S. State Department Policy Planning Staff, 1948

"Democracy, as Americans understand it, is not necessarily the future of all mankind, nor is it the duty of the U.S. government to assure that it becomes that.

Henry Kissinger (Evil war criminal, CFR)

Most high officials leave office with the perceptions and insights with which they entered.

Thomas Jefferson
" Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ...[Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Loquacious Lyndi,
Thanks for your warm missive. My reference to "rant" was to your lengthy post, not the little one you cited. The definition of the word fits your post to a T.
I'm disappointed that you continue to dodge my questions. You continue to drop in my estimation by demonstrating intellectual dishonesty. Shame on you.:(
Your very well educated pal,
Catcher
lyndi well educated... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHaaaaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Somewhere in Havana there are a couple of old-line Commies sipping Café Cubano who (after waiting for the server to leave and carefully looking up down left right forward backward and under the table) are muttering about how in the old days they would have never let the Revolution be sullied by those Yankee entertainers.
and the beat goes on, yeah the beat goes on
Health Care way way better than the US...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! Condescending much?
ANY of us in opposition can be labeled ranting, for one reason or another, and that includes YOU Chaser.
BTW, yer d@mn lucky PRC authorities didn't find any reason to detain you and stick you with a spying charge. There's been a fair amount of that happening in those places.(Not that I care
you understand).
I see You once Again been Stockholmed by outdate McCarthyism era politic, as your ugly turtle head appear once again, do get of the Koolaid Meathead ... BWHAHAHHHAAA.

J0hn Stockwell, former CIA official (from His books, Speeches...
" is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms.
"Enemies are necessary for the wheels of the U.S. military machine to turn."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,101 - 154,120 of168,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

647 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Regina 511,603
Arthritis Pain 3 min andet1987 25
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Aerobatty 216,248
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min who 250,253
Opposite Of Truth 7 min dad of 3 3
Am looking for a good wealthy family to adopt m... (Oct '13) 9 min dad of 3 37
private money lender in glasgow/south lanarkshi... (Feb '13) 11 min lalka 44
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Divinity Surgeon 679,159
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Toby 89,370
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215
•••
•••
•••