Bush is a hero

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161221 Apr 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya its gotta be tough when deciding to buy yogurt for dessert with your food stamps, or ice cream..........
Hey Chaser did you hear about the Amish farmers who were sentenced to prison for cutting off fellow Amishmens hair? Another case for your profession to be proud of.
You hear of Grandpas molesting their grandchildren almost daily and recieving probation. Meanwhile they send these Amish off to prisons far away for years for cutting their neighbors hair. Your profession is a joke..........
I think that lawyers are doing more harm to this nation then just about anyone else. I got hurt on the job at my former co. in part because the co. was working the drivers in such a way to be legal but not safe. Long story short while I was out for over a month networking with some friends and former drivers I got a new job. To this day I'm still getting crap in the mailbox from lawyers that want me to sue my former employer. I file it all in the trash.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161222 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
BTW, everything skyrocketed in the late seventies, early eighties. Houses, food, clothing, you name it.
Just read that now some banks are going out 97 months on a car note! Just wow. When I sold cars since I wasn't paid on the price of the car but number of units I sold it was in my best interest to get a customer a good deal and a good rate/term. We worked hard to keep car loans to 36 months or lower. What does it matter, with things going as they are people like Catcher will brag about how much he cares for the poor and the very policy postions will make more very very poor.(at least in the money dept)

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161223 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that, in general, those who are struggling economically pay far less attention to proper nutrition than I do, and are less informed than I am on the subject.
When I said poor people were ignorant, I was specifically referring only to nutritional awareness and why the poor may tend toward obesity.
Its true. Most poor folks look at bulk, price per pound, and not nutritional value. They figure that if they eat lots of it, it's just as good as 'good food'.
There's a motel next door full of welfare recipients, and they're all overweight.
I was lucky. I got into athletic at an early age, and nutrition became a watchword. Now eating right is just habit. The manager of our apartment complex thinks my sons are using drugs because they are slim. They eat right and work out. And the manager is an idiot. a pile of dogsh*t with two bugs on it is smarter than bill.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161224 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Maher likes being photographed with his exclusively African American dates. I could say what I think are pretty funny comments about that but I'm not looking to for those liberal tom-toms to beat any faster around here.
bill maher dates black women? I didn't know that. but then, I don't watch tabloid tv, or read the rags. Not saying that you do.
I always thought he was gay.
Roberta G

Tucker, GA

#161225 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I may need me a little tinfoil cap but I wonder how cocky Obama really is. I get the feeling that he "owes" lots of people and they are determined he will pay.
Two words: George Soros.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161226 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read that now some banks are going out 97 months on a car note! Just wow. When I sold cars since I wasn't paid on the price of the car but number of units I sold it was in my best interest to get a customer a good deal and a good rate/term. We worked hard to keep car loans to 36 months or lower. What does it matter, with things going as they are people like Catcher will brag about how much he cares for the poor and the very policy postions will make more very very poor.(at least in the money dept)
I guess if one is stupid enough to take out an 8-year car loan, for a car that may not last 5, one had better be tough enough to live in it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161227 Apr 13, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Two words: George Soros.
If I may ask, why do you believe Obama is Soros' puppet, but not that Bush was Cheney's? Or the Sr. Bush's, for that matter.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161229 Apr 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If I may ask, why do you believe Obama is Soros' puppet, but not that Bush was Cheney's? Or the Sr. Bush's, for that matter.
I think that most of the time Bush sr. didn't know what lil' georgie was up to. I do remember when a story broke that jr. broke the law with one of his lies, sr. was weeping like a little girl because he thought that jr. was going to prison for it.
As if. No pol is going to put another pol in prison. If One went, then they'd ALL have to go.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161231 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>I guess if one is stupid enough to take out an 8-year car loan, for a car that may not last 5, one had better be tough enough to live in it.
I certainly wouldn't go a 96mo loan, but at this end of my life I can afford not to. 25 years ago - maybe. I will say this tho'- my Ford truck is 11 years, 105K miles, wife's Rav4 is 16 years at 140K, and the Sable our boy drives is also 16 years and something well over 100K. For those of us a little long in tooth, I'm not sure we appreciate how much better a car will last with regular maintenance compared to when we first started driving. Them dang Japs taught us a good lesson.

“The future begins”

every moment

#161232 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the leaps you do make. Just what policy has to do with a car loan I can't imagine but never mind - some of ya's just can't get thru a day without ginning up another liberal outrage. I will say this - a mortgage-size loan on new cars that even at the low-end cost as much as a modest home did just a few years ago shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

“The future begins”

every moment

#161233 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>So you'd agree that Toure Neblitt's saying that Ben Carson is a "token" meant to "assauge the Rebublicans guilt for past racial indiscretions" is a rhetorical maneuver. Not to mention that it is insulting to Dr. Carson. There are racists in the Republican party and there are racists in the democratic party. Problem is that democrats think being a democrat gives them a pass. Luckily Dr. Carson is not phased. Heck Condaleeza Rice was not phased. Noone gets to define what constitutes the "appropriate" black person.
Who the heck is Toure Neblitt? Sounds like a traveling spokesman for Green Giant corn. What would be more interesting is how this individual came up on your particular radar, and why you assumed that he (she?) spoke with the voice of the Democratic Party?

What's amusing is that yu answered your own question - "There are racists in the Republican party and there are racists in the democratic party". OK - stipulated. So what this Neblitt person said may well be applicable to a few, right?

Do I agree that it describes a significant segment of the Republican Party? Of course not. These people get all fired up and their mouth gets out ahead of their brain. There're examples in any groups you want to parse. I think it's a stretch to call your example "vicious".

But let me ask you this - do you agree with Carson in associating gay relations with bestiality? If I object to that, and call it for the intolerant demeaning characterization that it is, does that constitute a "vicious attack"?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161234 Apr 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Who the heck is Toure Neblitt? Sounds like a traveling spokesman for Green Giant corn. What would be more interesting is how this individual came up on your particular radar, and why you assumed that he (she?) spoke with the voice of the Democratic Party?
What's amusing is that yu answered your own question - "There are racists in the Republican party and there are racists in the democratic party". OK - stipulated. So what this Neblitt person said may well be applicable to a few, right?
Do I agree that it describes a significant segment of the Republican Party? Of course not. These people get all fired up and their mouth gets out ahead of their brain. There're examples in any groups you want to parse. I think it's a stretch to call your example "vicious".
But let me ask you this - do you agree with Carson in associating gay relations with bestiality? If I object to that, and call it for the intolerant demeaning characterization that it is, does that constitute a "vicious attack"?
First of all he was not comparing homosexuality to bestiality, as much as people wish he had. he was saying as Bad Bob says that any group can want to change the definition of marriage and was listing them. I don't agree one leads to the other but I see where people get concerned when you start redefining things. He also had the guts to apologize for how it was taken and didn't get all ruffled about the insults lobbed at him. I guess that's the surgeon in him, a surgeon can't get ruffled. See now I don't understand how calling him a token isn't vicious, or saying republicans are trying to assuage their guilt isn't. I suppose that Condaleeza Rice dressed as Aunt Jemima didn't offend your sensibilities either. She took it with astonishing good grace though, didn't run to Al Sharpton (who wouldn't have helped her anyway). I'm asking for fairness among those in the media, and manners. Toure is a so called journalist for MSNBC. You have never heard me base a criticism of Obama on his race, and I've never heard you criticize a republican based on race. I expect the same from people who have a national podium. If democrats can't stop making it about color how can they expect anyone else to. Isn't that what we are going for here, not the color but the character.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161235 Apr 13, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
bill maher dates black women? I didn't know that. but then, I don't watch tabloid tv, or read the rags. Not saying that you do.
I always thought he was gay.
I don't think Bill Maher is human. He has the nastiest mean streak in him and some people seem to love it. I just hope they don't let their kids watch. There are enough bullies in this world.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#161236 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yep it is a long sentence and if you think I think Nixon did anything right for civil rights you are wrong. Nixon wasn't a republican he was a crook. Everything he did was for himself.(didn't vote for him)He held off a possible peace treaty with North Vietnam because he wanted to make sure he got elected. Sound like anyone we know? Other than that I have no idea what you want to say. Sorry it took me so long to answer, I've been really sick.
I noted the similarities between Nixon and Clinton years and years ago, and Obama can be added as well.

"IT'S ONLY WRONG IF YOU GET CAUGHT"--I call this attitude Nixon-(Marion)Barry-Clinton Syndrome. Obama has a bad case of it.

Great post, Lis, and I do hope you're feeling better now, my friend :)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161237 Apr 13, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Who the heck is Toure Neblitt? Sounds like a traveling spokesman for Green Giant corn. What would be more interesting is how this individual came up on your particular radar, and why you assumed that he (she?) spoke with the voice of the Democratic Party?
I had to look up this Nesblit person too, although there's been enough references to stuff like this to make 'MSNBC personality' among my first assumptions.

Location hidden

#161238 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilt Chamberlain once scored 100 points in an N.B.A. basketball game played at an arena in Hershey PA with a capacity of maybe 2000 spectators. Today, there are thousands and thousands of people who claim they were at the game.
On the other hand, you will have a hard time finding anybody who will admit having voted for Nixon. You'd think the poor dude got at most a couple of hundred votes....
We called him Tricky Dicky.
EVERYBODY called him Tricky Dicky.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161239 Apr 13, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYBODY called him Tricky Dicky.
Pat too?

Coming from her, I would consider it a double entendre.

Location hidden

#161240 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
I do hope democrats don't nominate another African American for president anytime soon. Until playing the race card is completely taboo and not employed by liberals as a key tool to get someone elected, it simply doesn't work in the best interest of the nation.

I saw the writing on the wall before he was elected and I say this with confidence because it is an undeniable truth that little criticism of such a president can be voiced without the left screaming, "racist." No eyebrow raising at his performance can be done without the racist agents suiting up and stepping in to fight a non-existent enemy, no taking him to task for dubious decisions made, no finger pointing is permitted without the underlying racist chess move attached to it. Much of the JUNK he gets away with, refuses to comment on or simply buries because he feels like it, our once objective presidential critics and citizens are now timid about appropriately slamming him for fear of being either labeled or ignored. Yelling racist has become the prelude to avoidance. A reasonable, thorough response from this administration on the hard questions without being met with smoke and mirrors, is a rarity.

Why?
Because they can.

A case can absolutely be made that keeping an eye and a thumb on this president is almost impossible and in my view, dangerous. He gets pass after pass after pass because of the color of his skin and the media with few exceptions acts as his handy dandy defensive linebackers in nearly all matters. They and the trained seals (aka Obama devotees,) no matter what he does, never tire of yelling "racisim" and the independants, moderates, republicans and even many democrats are now gun shy because of it. It's a masterful trick, a brilliant move and one of the all time great plays in the sport of American politics.

You can't tether this guy because----> he's black.

Not long ago I had lunch with a woman who was Obama's superior at one time in Illinois. She remembers him as a cocky, swaggering, self enamoured, narcissist. Some things simply don't change with time and now that he's an official member of the very exclusive club of American presidents, I don't see him developing a sense of humility anytime soon and the lack of that important charecter trait is distrubing on multiple levels.

He was a monumental mistake for America and our decision to elect him in good part because a majority were in a reckless mood to create a "historical moment," was a decision we will pay for, for a very long time.
BRILLIANTLY said, Lyndi :) I was so impressed I read this post aloud to my husband from my cell phone today, on our way to Wal-Mart, and HE was as impressed as I was. A tip of the hat to you :)

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161241 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think Bill Maher is human. He has the nastiest mean streak in him and some people seem to love it. I just hope they don't let their kids watch. There are enough bullies in this world.
He was kinda' OK before he became a shill for barry. I've preferred Dennis Miller over him. For the most part, anyway. Choked on his reference to georgie, when he said that 'we finally have a prez I can respect.' Probably the last time those two words were used in the same sentence regarding g.w. That was what? 2002? 4? Before it became crystal clear what a f*ck up lil' georgie was.

Location hidden

#161242 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>Better, or just more comprehensive?
Here, if one can afford it, one gets the very best care in the world.

There, regardless of what one could plausibly afford, one is given the care authorized by the government.
There is a difference.
VERY well said, but don't expect the World Idiot to get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Worth Repeating 37,152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Tellthetruth 988,555
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 59 min HFCS - What It Is 4
We do NOT need any walls! 1 hr my opinions 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Reality is Bliss 688,830
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,550
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,333
More from around the web