Bush is a hero

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161211 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I know what you mean. Those who attached themselves to his coattails from the get go have already been paid monetarily, with their newfound notoriety and their various appointed and elected positions. He has lent a hand and will probably continue to lend a hand both in campaign support and fundraising for various democrats running for office. He's not obligated in any way that I know of to the new branch of government he created........the Loyal Lapdog Media and plenty of residuals will fall all by themselves to his "people' just for being in his inner circle.
Kings don't owe their people.
It's unking-like.
:)
bill maher did a bit on his show for Years. He kept saying that the republicans Wanted to call barry 'a word. a word that begins with 'N' and ends with 'R', and it ain't 'nationbuilder'.'
It was designed to Sound like a joke, but all it did was remind everybody that obama is black.
Knew it for what it was the first time I heard it. Like a repub would have the nerve to use such a word. Sure, one of them called michelle an ape, but he thought he was in 'good old boy company' and didn't know that there was an aid, or a waiter, or someone of that status in the room.(Lackys Love to run to the press.)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161213 Apr 13, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
bill maher did a bit on his show for Years. He kept saying that the republicans Wanted to call barry 'a word. a word that begins with 'N' and ends with 'R', and it ain't 'nationbuilder'.'
It was designed to Sound like a joke, but all it did was remind everybody that obama is black.
Knew it for what it was the first time I heard it. Like a repub would have the nerve to use such a word. Sure, one of them called michelle an ape, but he thought he was in 'good old boy company' and didn't know that there was an aid, or a waiter, or someone of that status in the room.(Lackys Love to run to the press.)
Maher likes being photographed with his exclusively African American dates. I could say what I think are pretty funny comments about that but I'm not looking to for those liberal tom-toms to beat any faster around here.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161214 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>How about all of the obese poor people? Are they not strong enough?
Ignorance mostly.

I'm far more willing to give the poor a pass though--it's difficult for them to prioritize proper nutrition.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#161215 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance mostly.
I'm far more willing to give the poor a pass though--it's difficult for them to prioritize proper nutrition.
Ya its gotta be tough when deciding to buy yogurt for dessert with your food stamps, or ice cream..........

Hey Chaser did you hear about the Amish farmers who were sentenced to prison for cutting off fellow Amishmens hair? Another case for your profession to be proud of.

You hear of Grandpas molesting their grandchildren almost daily and recieving probation. Meanwhile they send these Amish off to prisons far away for years for cutting their neighbors hair. Your profession is a joke..........

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161216 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance mostly.
There you go.

Location hidden

#161217 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance mostly.
Do you really think the poor are more ignorant than you are?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161218 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think the poor are more ignorant than you are?
I believe that, in general, those who are struggling economically pay far less attention to proper nutrition than I do, and are less informed than I am on the subject.

When I said poor people were ignorant, I was specifically referring only to nutritional awareness and why the poor may tend toward obesity.

Location hidden

#161219 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that, in general, those who are struggling economically pay far less attention to proper nutrition than I do, and are less informed than I am on the subject.
When I said poor people were ignorant, I was specifically referring only to nutritional awareness and why the poor may tend toward obesity.
Uh-huh!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#161220 Apr 13, 2013
Good Afternoon everyone. Just looking in.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161221 Apr 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya its gotta be tough when deciding to buy yogurt for dessert with your food stamps, or ice cream..........
Hey Chaser did you hear about the Amish farmers who were sentenced to prison for cutting off fellow Amishmens hair? Another case for your profession to be proud of.
You hear of Grandpas molesting their grandchildren almost daily and recieving probation. Meanwhile they send these Amish off to prisons far away for years for cutting their neighbors hair. Your profession is a joke..........
I think that lawyers are doing more harm to this nation then just about anyone else. I got hurt on the job at my former co. in part because the co. was working the drivers in such a way to be legal but not safe. Long story short while I was out for over a month networking with some friends and former drivers I got a new job. To this day I'm still getting crap in the mailbox from lawyers that want me to sue my former employer. I file it all in the trash.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#161222 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
BTW, everything skyrocketed in the late seventies, early eighties. Houses, food, clothing, you name it.
Just read that now some banks are going out 97 months on a car note! Just wow. When I sold cars since I wasn't paid on the price of the car but number of units I sold it was in my best interest to get a customer a good deal and a good rate/term. We worked hard to keep car loans to 36 months or lower. What does it matter, with things going as they are people like Catcher will brag about how much he cares for the poor and the very policy postions will make more very very poor.(at least in the money dept)

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161223 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its true. Most poor folks look at bulk, price per pound, and not nutritional value. They figure that if they eat lots of it, it's just as good as 'good food'.
There's a motel next door full of welfare recipients, and they're all overweight.
I was lucky. I got into athletic at an early age, and nutrition became a watchword. Now eating right is just habit. The manager of our apartment complex thinks my sons are using drugs because they are slim. They eat right and work out. And the manager is an idiot. a pile of dogsh*t with two bugs on it is smarter than bill.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161224 Apr 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Maher likes being photographed with his exclusively African American dates. I could say what I think are pretty funny comments about that but I'm not looking to for those liberal tom-toms to beat any faster around here.
bill maher dates black women? I didn't know that. but then, I don't watch tabloid tv, or read the rags. Not saying that you do.
I always thought he was gay.
Roberta G

Tucker, GA

#161225 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I may need me a little tinfoil cap but I wonder how cocky Obama really is. I get the feeling that he "owes" lots of people and they are determined he will pay.
Two words: George Soros.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161226 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read that now some banks are going out 97 months on a car note! Just wow. When I sold cars since I wasn't paid on the price of the car but number of units I sold it was in my best interest to get a customer a good deal and a good rate/term. We worked hard to keep car loans to 36 months or lower. What does it matter, with things going as they are people like Catcher will brag about how much he cares for the poor and the very policy postions will make more very very poor.(at least in the money dept)
I guess if one is stupid enough to take out an 8-year car loan, for a car that may not last 5, one had better be tough enough to live in it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161227 Apr 13, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Two words: George Soros.
If I may ask, why do you believe Obama is Soros' puppet, but not that Bush was Cheney's? Or the Sr. Bush's, for that matter.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#161229 Apr 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If I may ask, why do you believe Obama is Soros' puppet, but not that Bush was Cheney's? Or the Sr. Bush's, for that matter.
I think that most of the time Bush sr. didn't know what lil' georgie was up to. I do remember when a story broke that jr. broke the law with one of his lies, sr. was weeping like a little girl because he thought that jr. was going to prison for it.
As if. No pol is going to put another pol in prison. If One went, then they'd ALL have to go.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#161231 Apr 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I guess if one is stupid enough to take out an 8-year car loan, for a car that may not last 5, one had better be tough enough to live in it.
I certainly wouldn't go a 96mo loan, but at this end of my life I can afford not to. 25 years ago - maybe. I will say this tho'- my Ford truck is 11 years, 105K miles, wife's Rav4 is 16 years at 140K, and the Sable our boy drives is also 16 years and something well over 100K. For those of us a little long in tooth, I'm not sure we appreciate how much better a car will last with regular maintenance compared to when we first started driving. Them dang Japs taught us a good lesson.

“The future begins”

every moment

#161232 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the leaps you do make. Just what policy has to do with a car loan I can't imagine but never mind - some of ya's just can't get thru a day without ginning up another liberal outrage. I will say this - a mortgage-size loan on new cars that even at the low-end cost as much as a modest home did just a few years ago shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

“The future begins”

every moment

#161233 Apr 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>So you'd agree that Toure Neblitt's saying that Ben Carson is a "token" meant to "assauge the Rebublicans guilt for past racial indiscretions" is a rhetorical maneuver. Not to mention that it is insulting to Dr. Carson. There are racists in the Republican party and there are racists in the democratic party. Problem is that democrats think being a democrat gives them a pass. Luckily Dr. Carson is not phased. Heck Condaleeza Rice was not phased. Noone gets to define what constitutes the "appropriate" black person.
Who the heck is Toure Neblitt? Sounds like a traveling spokesman for Green Giant corn. What would be more interesting is how this individual came up on your particular radar, and why you assumed that he (she?) spoke with the voice of the Democratic Party?

What's amusing is that yu answered your own question - "There are racists in the Republican party and there are racists in the democratic party". OK - stipulated. So what this Neblitt person said may well be applicable to a few, right?

Do I agree that it describes a significant segment of the Republican Party? Of course not. These people get all fired up and their mouth gets out ahead of their brain. There're examples in any groups you want to parse. I think it's a stretch to call your example "vicious".

But let me ask you this - do you agree with Carson in associating gay relations with bestiality? If I object to that, and call it for the intolerant demeaning characterization that it is, does that constitute a "vicious attack"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 703,498
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Tunisia allah 87,068
Trump Is Playing Mr. Grinch with Renewable Energy 17 min Poster Child for ... 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Big Al 996,398
Kaput! 58 min Merkel Ist Kaput 2
Mexico's """"REAL"""" PROBLEM!!!!! 59 min Merkel Ist Kaput 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,910