Roberta G

Duluth, GA

#161119 Apr 10, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>None of them has NOT (!) been a traitor?
Sorry, but you just agreed with the fool.
(unintentionally, I'm sure.)
:)
'Nite R.
LOL. You're right. Nitey night.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161120 Apr 11, 2013
* "It Takes a Village." Hillary Clinton

* "We’ve always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. So long as this retrograde conception prevails we’ll never spend enough money on children. We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families."
Translation: Your kids AREN'T yours.

Melissa Harris-Perry professor of political science @ Tulane University speaking on MSLSD. Oops, sorry. I meant MSNBC.

* And finally, Obama wants all 4 year olds in public pre-school.
=====

This kind of thinking is right out of the Communist Manifesto. "Give us your children and we'll mold them to our way of thinking" and that is the mainstream thinking of democrats in this country today. The average American who supports the current democrat party will often deny it, say they don't agree with it. Their denial (as they cast their votes for such politicians,) is just further proof of the low information Americans which make up the majority in this country. And it's funny to me how they are the ones who often refer to themselves as the free-thinkers.
Once again, they don't have the first clue of what they're voting for.
***
This letter of resignation from a social studies teacher in NY has gone viral and further cements my point on our education system.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sh...
==
An American government who wants more and more of your money, owns the education system, owns your personal healthcare, wants your guns, systematically increases the number of dependants on the government, etc.etc.etc. because they don't think you're smart enough to handle these things on your own is an America I don't know anymore.

I'm spending my money whenever possible on foreign products and foreign travel. I want this ship to hit the rocks ASAP.... so maybe we can start over.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161121 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
* "It Takes a Village." Hillary Clinton
* "We’ve always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. So long as this retrograde conception prevails we’ll never spend enough money on children. We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families."
Translation: Your kids AREN'T yours.
Melissa Harris-Perry professor of political science @ Tulane University speaking on MSLSD. Oops, sorry. I meant MSNBC.
* And finally, Obama wants all 4 year olds in public pre-school.
=====
This kind of thinking is right out of the Communist Manifesto. "Give us your children and we'll mold them to our way of thinking" and that is the mainstream thinking of democrats in this country today. The average American who supports the current democrat party will often deny it, say they don't agree with it. Their denial (as they cast their votes for such politicians,) is just further proof of the low information Americans which make up the majority in this country. And it's funny to me how they are the ones who often refer to themselves as the free-thinkers.
Once again, they don't have the first clue of what they're voting for.
***
This letter of resignation from a social studies teacher in NY has gone viral and further cements my point on our education system.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sh...
==
An American government who wants more and more of your money, owns the education system, owns your personal healthcare, wants your guns, systematically increases the number of dependants on the government, etc.etc.etc. because they don't think you're smart enough to handle these things on your own is an America I don't know anymore.
I'm spending my money whenever possible on foreign products and foreign travel. I want this ship to hit the rocks ASAP.... so maybe we can start over.
I picked up some t-shirts in Shanghai.

I'll give you a bargain.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161122 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I picked up some t-shirts in Shanghai.
I'll give you a bargain.
Postscript.
I neglected to say I don't buy products from or travel any longer to communist countries. My ethicial postion on that is non-negotiable, so sell your wares elsewhere.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161123 Apr 11, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you don't share my opinion. Gee, that's awful, BB ;) Maybe you should treat yourself to a hot fudge sundae to soothe the pain ;)
Wouldn't help. The guy's a major annoyance in ANY venue. We've been "punished" enough.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161124 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
* "It Takes a Village." Hillary Clinton
* "We’ve always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. So long as this retrograde conception prevails we’ll never spend enough money on children. We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families."
Translation: Your kids AREN'T yours.
Melissa Harris-Perry professor of political science @ Tulane University speaking on MSLSD. Oops, sorry. I meant MSNBC.
* And finally, Obama wants all 4 year olds in public pre-school.
=====
This kind of thinking is right out of the Communist Manifesto. "Give us your children and we'll mold them to our way of thinking" and that is the mainstream thinking of democrats in this country today. The average American who supports the current democrat party will often deny it, say they don't agree with it. Their denial (as they cast their votes for such politicians,) is just further proof of the low information Americans which make up the majority in this country. And it's funny to me how they are the ones who often refer to themselves as the free-thinkers.
Once again, they don't have the first clue of what they're voting for.
***
This letter of resignation from a social studies teacher in NY has gone viral and further cements my point on our education system.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sh...
==
An American government who wants more and more of your money, owns the education system, owns your personal healthcare, wants your guns, systematically increases the number of dependants on the government, etc.etc.etc. because they don't think you're smart enough to handle these things on your own is an America I don't know anymore.
I'm spending my money whenever possible on foreign products and foreign travel. I want this ship to hit the rocks ASAP.... so maybe we can start over.
Why start over - it'd all just happen again.

Let's just spread a big dose of anthrax on everybody at once. The Earth will be just fine without us.

We can't 'start over'. This isn't a game. We're going to have to work with what we have, and do better things with it.

Don't ask me for the answers - I haven't even formulated all my questions.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161125 Apr 11, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text> Why start over - it'd all just happen again.
Let's just spread a big dose of anthrax on everybody at once. The Earth will be just fine without us.
We can't 'start over'. This isn't a game. We're going to have to work with what we have, and do better things with it.
Don't ask me for the answers - I haven't even formulated all my questions.
We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#161126 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Postscript.
I neglected to say I don't buy products from or travel any longer to communist countries. My ethicial postion on that is non-negotiable, so sell your wares elsewhere.
Oh, OK then. I'll be traveling to Peru next week. I can pick you up an alpaca vest, or a little silver tumi. Or an onyx elephant.

And hey, where will you be traveling? Socialistic Western Europe perhaps? Scandinavia? Maybe the Middle East to see how the women are treated? Or perhaps to a country with a military regime? If you stick your "principles," your options may be very limited.

And as for your "let's make sure Obama fails so we can start over" suggestion: I know that your view is that anybody who disagrees with you is a "low information" voter, but what ever happened to the will of the people?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#161127 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
, but what ever happened to the will of the people?
I think were livin it Chaser..........

Might not seem so bad for an affluent Lawyer such as yourself, but alot of Americans are hurting and hungry.

Oh that reminds me, how were the shark fins in China?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161128 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
....... but what ever happened to the will of the people?
Go find this guy and ask him.

http://0.tqn.com/d/asianhistory/1/0/1/1/-/-/0...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#161129 Apr 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think were livin it Chaser..........
Might not seem so bad for an affluent Lawyer such as yourself, but alot of Americans are hurting and hungry.
Oh that reminds me, how were the shark fins in China?
I enjoyed tofu prepared in various ways (the ma po tofu, a Shanghainese specialty, was delicious), as well as fish and shrimp (I am a pescetarian). But I did not and would not consume shark fins.

My reference to the will of the people was intended as criticism of Lyndi's call to sabotage the policies of the Obama administration. I am very aware of the financial plight of many of our people, and decry the attempts by the Republican party to neglect them in favor of the wealthy.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#161130 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find this guy and ask him.
http://0.tqn.com/d/asianhistory/1/0/1/1/-/-/0...
A cute deflection.

I repeat my unanswered questions:

And hey, where will you be traveling? Socialistic Western Europe perhaps? Scandinavia? Maybe the Middle East to see how the women are treated? Or perhaps to a country with a military regime? If you stick your "principles," your options may be very limited.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161131 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A cute deflection.
I repeat my unanswered questions:
And hey, where will you be traveling? Socialistic Western Europe perhaps? Scandinavia? Maybe the Middle East to see how the women are treated? Or perhaps to a country with a military regime? If you stick your "principles," your options may be very limited.
When I travel in the winter it's to I ski. I ski alot, I ski primarily on foreign snow, none of the resorts I go to are in communist countries and my options are not limited. When I travel other times of the year again, I do not travel to communist countries and my options are not limited.

Now kindly stop fishing around for information. Maybe the rest of Topix is delighted to see your slide show of your travels and your running "guess where I went" commentary but it bores me pretty much to death.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#161132 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
When I travel in the winter it's to I ski. I ski alot, I ski primarily on foreign snow, none of the resorts I go to are in communist countries and my options are not limited. When I travel other times of the year again, I do not travel to communist countries and my options are not limited.
Now kindly stop fishing around for information. Maybe the rest of Topix is delighted to see your slide show of your travels and your running "guess where I went" commentary but it bores me pretty much to death.
I'm not fishing for information about your travels. I couldn't care less where you go. My point in asking the questions is that, as much as you despise the policies of our current administration, surely you don't care much for the "socialist" European governments, the Middle East governments, communist countries, or the various forms of dictatorships out there. And therefore, there ain't a lot of places you can go without being intellectually dishonest.

Loquacious Lyndi.

You like?

So I do understand why you dodge the questions.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161133 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point in asking the questions is that, as much as you despise the policies of our current administration, surely you don't care much for the "socialist" European governments, the Middle East governments, communist countries, or the various forms of dictatorships out there. And therefore, there ain't a lot of places you can go without being intellectually dishonest.
Maybe if you read other peoples posts more carefully and were less enamoured with your own, you wouldn't be so confused.

I wrote:
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Postscript.
I neglected to say I don't buy products from or travel any longer to communist countries. My ethicial postion on that is non-negotiable, so sell your wares elsewhere.
It says I no longer travel to COMMUNIST countries. I said nothing about any other form of government.
You passed the BAR?
It's a shame you couldn't get into a school in the northeast. You might have fine tuned your reading skills and learned which countries on are and are not communist.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161134 Apr 11, 2013
Any realistic answer as to what is going on would be met with jokes and allusions to 'tinfoil hat brigade' crap. The truth is staring us in the face, but nobody wants to see it.
Right now we have 'Homeland Security' and obamacare. Homeland security has effectively nullified most of the Bill Of Rights, and obamacare has put our healthcare in the hands of the government.
We are about one step away from having a government to being Ruled by the rich and powerful.
how big is that step?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161135 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less where you go.
Oh the irony.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#161136 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you read other peoples posts more carefully and were less enamoured with your own, you wouldn't be so confused.
I wrote:
<quoted text>
It says I no longer travel to COMMUNIST countries. I said nothing about any other form of government.
You passed the BAR?
It's a shame you couldn't get into a school in the northeast. You might have fine tuned your reading skills and learned which countries on are and are not communist.
Yeah, passed the bar, and before that highest honors at Johns Hopkins, Phi Beta Kappa, all that stuff. Graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School.(The school is located in the northeast.)

I know you said nothing about any other form of government. That's precisely why I asked the question, wondering whether you would travel to countries whose political systems and policies surely offend you more than ours.

But it's ok LL. Go where you will. Intellectual integrity is not required of you.

There's a missing apostrophe in your post. Can you locate the spot?
Lost In Transition

Houston, TX

#161137 Apr 11, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
In looking over the last couple of pages of this thread, which started off about Bush, evolved into politics in general, and has apparently become about Catcher.
I have to wonder how someone who says so little can generate such a ferocious response.
Couldn't agree with this more. Especially the "says so little" part.
Lost In Transition

Houston, TX

#161138 Apr 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Postscript.
I neglected to say I don't buy products from or travel any longer to communist countries. My ethicial postion on that is non-negotiable, so sell your wares elsewhere.
Ive had to sell off investments in refineries, copper mines, pipeline companies and E&P companies because of those pesky Chinese buying in. Gotta give them credit, they spend their money wisely. Beats the heck out of investing in Solyndra, A123 systems, Fisker, or a $40,000 degree in liberation theology (pick your favorite flavor).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US modern-day slaves 9 min UIDIOTRACEuMAKEWO... 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Rick in Kansas 265,264
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min lil whispers 605,145
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Pokay 776,210
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min June VanDerMark 559,808
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min lovewithin 39,355
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 39 min Ugly Truth from d... 16,456
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min RiccardoFire 96,771
More from around the web