Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
The reason The United States didn't sign that was because it would have given outside forces influence in our government, which, I believe, goes against the Constitution.

I believe this decision to be correct. Any international law should stop at our borders. I also believe that that C*nt hillary tried to sell us down the river when she signed the small arms agreement with the UN several years ago. She signed another one just prior to her resignation, and That one finally drew fire from the media. The government is trying to use the UN to end-run the Bill Of Rights. And wouldn't you know? That candy-ass obama is all for it.

Reports show that there are Three Hundred MILLION hand guns loose in this country. With that many weapons 'laying around', If "guncrazy" Would be a whole lot worse if gun control didn't work, don't ya think?

Don't need to take away the guns. Besides, if a body Really wanted to kill someone, there's plenty of ways to do it without a GUN. knives, clubs, rocks, hit&run, blow 'em up, and on and on.

A comedian, some time back, said that his sister took away all the violent toys from her kid. Later on he went into the child's room, and the kid was running his toys over with his toy trucks.

If you took away the guns, I doubt that murders would cease, or even drop in the current rate. More than likely, people would resort to knives. What then? Is Uncle Sam gonna take away all of our sharp objects?
For heaven's sake, Blackheart, don't give him any ideas :s

Good post :)

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisville beat Michigan to win the NCAA college basketball championship.
It was a great game.
I'm glad YOU enjoyed it, but since I don't keep up with sports I didn't even know there was a game.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
The man is not "bipartisan" on ANYTHING.
I never heard that Republicans had proposed cuts to Social Security, so I'll take your word for that, Hip, and assume that that one just got by me somehow. But it really doesn't matter, because what's important to our Barry is taking more money out of our pockets. In "offering" this deal, he is essentially saying "Well, if you won't let me have my way over taxes, I'm not gonna give you cuts on ANY program, not even SS." Obama is a manipulative, hypocritical bastard who has zero interest in promoting America's best interests. He is focused on undermining this nation and the ideals it was founded on--self-reliance and limited government--and it gives me immense pain to have to acknowledge he's made great headway toward his stated goal of "reinventing America" or something like that.
I won't go so far as to wish him any harm, but 2017 can't get here soon enough. He is THE worst President this nation has ever had, bar none, and coming after James Buchanan, Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter, that took a lot of effort.
Paul Ryan is in favor of privatizing at least some of Social Security. in other words he trusts the people more than he trusts government to make the money grow. That is not what Obama is talking about.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad YOU enjoyed it, but since I don't keep up with sports I didn't even know there was a game.
Several players on the winning team attributed their victory to the Lord.

I give credit to the players themselves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm glad to hear that, too :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Ryan is in favor of privatizing at least some of Social Security. in other words he trusts the people more than he trusts government to make the money grow. That is not what Obama is talking about.
No, it wouldn't be. The only kind of money that Obama is interested in growing is taxes, which probably explains all the manure he shovels.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Lyndi I think he did it on purpose. As you see so much attention has been paid to it, and it takes people's minds off of what he really is doing that sucks.
I wouldn't put it past him. Like a magician, he's an expert at directing one's attention away from what he doesn't want you to see.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't put it past him. Like a magician, he's an expert at directing one's attention away from what he doesn't want you to see.
Speaking of what we see, nice avatar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, government deserves the credit. "they didn't do that" by themselves.
:)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No, government deserves the credit. "they didn't do that" by themselves.
lol-
Touche'

(If it hadn't been for the roads and bridges......)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

"He would rather have the poor poorer, provided that the rich were less rich. That is the liberal policy."

Margaret Thatcher

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/01/he-would...

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No, government deserves the credit. "they didn't do that" by themselves.
Don't forget the coach.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
A few things our fine gov has done of late: The U.S. Treasury said that a few obama friends Jay Z and Bounce were licensed for a "people to people cultural exchange" in Cuba. The obama admin is still using people that lost children at Sandy Hook for all its worth with his propaganda on guns. An msnbc add now says your children no longer belong to you, they are part of a collective. A few laws were broken with bugs placed in an office of Mitch McConell.(Hey when you have to smear the right laws mean nothing) And in Prowers county Co. an undersheriff soon to work for DHS (thanks a lot Bush) is saying the gov once again better watch those Christians. Btw I know the msnbc thing isn't gov but its kind of hard to see much a difference anymore. Life is grand under Pres Nixon. I mean obama.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot-on, Lyndi.
I first heard of Dr. Carson at least 20 years ago, when I read a Reader's Digest article about him. He seems to be exploding into the national consciousness now, and I can't think of a finer role model for young black men and women to look up to--or ANY American child, for that matter :)
Indeed. Of note to me is the guy is a brain surgeon. I have no clue what it takes to get to that level but would think that politics aside people would repect him for his hard work. Since he spoke at the prayer breakfast I've leaned for the left nothing else matters, anyone on the right will be destroyed. And God help you if you are black and on the right. Quite sad indeed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Willie (and Hip and BH) just to let you know, I appreciate your willingness to have the discussion about the great society. The reason I'm not saying much further is I doubt we will ever see eye to eye. I do believe that most liberals mean well and that it is only a few who wanted to define and own black people for political gain. But can I suggest a good read. It's called the "Invisible Thread". It's non-fiction and not written for any political purpose. it's just a story, but it says so well what I am worried about.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

lisw wrote:
Willie (and Hip and BH) just to let you know, I appreciate your willingness to have the discussion about the great society. The reason I'm not saying much further is I doubt we will ever see eye to eye. I do believe that most liberals mean well and that it is only a few who wanted to define and own black people for political gain. But can I suggest a good read. It's called the "Invisible Thread". It's non-fiction and not written for any political purpose. it's just a story, but it says so well what I am worried about.
I also thought we'd reached an impasse.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of what we see, nice avatar.
Well, thank you :)

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

lisw wrote:
I'm puzzled about one thing, lisw, and maybe I have been all along.

I thought we were talking about public housing and welfare both today and in the past. Were you simply talking about the Great Society, the sixties programs?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

lisw wrote:
Hi Lis. I always wonder why some folks goal is to 'see eye to eye' on any given subject. A discussion can be more lively when we Don't see eye to eye. In fact, seeing something from someone else's point of view can give us a new perspective.
If everybody agreed on everything, we'd stagnate and die. BTW, is that what happened to okb? did he stagnate and die? Boy, talk about an opposing view. No matter what ANYONE said, he'd tell 'em they were wrong.
Do you guys miss him?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lis. I always wonder why some folks goal is to 'see eye to eye' on any given subject. A discussion can be more lively when we Don't see eye to eye. In fact, seeing something from someone else's point of view can give us a new perspective.
If everybody agreed on everything, we'd stagnate and die. BTW, is that what happened to okb? did he stagnate and die? Boy, talk about an opposing view. No matter what ANYONE said, he'd tell 'em they were wrong.
Do you guys miss him?
I can only speak for myself, but...

no.

The ones I miss are Higgins, Pernrider, and you.

Glad at least one of you is back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

438 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 533,527
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 224,584
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Ghost Writer 2 U 722,080
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min ThatOneBand 115,590
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Aura Mytha 256,958
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 93,836
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Seraphima 599,120
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••