“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161095 Apr 9, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot-on, Lyndi.
I first heard of Dr. Carson at least 20 years ago, when I read a Reader's Digest article about him. He seems to be exploding into the national consciousness now, and I can't think of a finer role model for young black men and women to look up to--or ANY American child, for that matter :)
Indeed. Of note to me is the guy is a brain surgeon. I have no clue what it takes to get to that level but would think that politics aside people would repect him for his hard work. Since he spoke at the prayer breakfast I've leaned for the left nothing else matters, anyone on the right will be destroyed. And God help you if you are black and on the right. Quite sad indeed.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161096 Apr 9, 2013
Willie (and Hip and BH) just to let you know, I appreciate your willingness to have the discussion about the great society. The reason I'm not saying much further is I doubt we will ever see eye to eye. I do believe that most liberals mean well and that it is only a few who wanted to define and own black people for political gain. But can I suggest a good read. It's called the "Invisible Thread". It's non-fiction and not written for any political purpose. it's just a story, but it says so well what I am worried about.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161097 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
Willie (and Hip and BH) just to let you know, I appreciate your willingness to have the discussion about the great society. The reason I'm not saying much further is I doubt we will ever see eye to eye. I do believe that most liberals mean well and that it is only a few who wanted to define and own black people for political gain. But can I suggest a good read. It's called the "Invisible Thread". It's non-fiction and not written for any political purpose. it's just a story, but it says so well what I am worried about.
I also thought we'd reached an impasse.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#161098 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of what we see, nice avatar.
Well, thank you :)

Lafayette IN

#161099 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
I'm puzzled about one thing, lisw, and maybe I have been all along.

I thought we were talking about public housing and welfare both today and in the past. Were you simply talking about the Great Society, the sixties programs?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161100 Apr 10, 2013
lisw wrote:
Hi Lis. I always wonder why some folks goal is to 'see eye to eye' on any given subject. A discussion can be more lively when we Don't see eye to eye. In fact, seeing something from someone else's point of view can give us a new perspective.
If everybody agreed on everything, we'd stagnate and die. BTW, is that what happened to okb? did he stagnate and die? Boy, talk about an opposing view. No matter what ANYONE said, he'd tell 'em they were wrong.
Do you guys miss him?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161101 Apr 10, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lis. I always wonder why some folks goal is to 'see eye to eye' on any given subject. A discussion can be more lively when we Don't see eye to eye. In fact, seeing something from someone else's point of view can give us a new perspective.
If everybody agreed on everything, we'd stagnate and die. BTW, is that what happened to okb? did he stagnate and die? Boy, talk about an opposing view. No matter what ANYONE said, he'd tell 'em they were wrong.
Do you guys miss him?
I can only speak for myself, but...

no.

The ones I miss are Higgins, Pernrider, and you.

Glad at least one of you is back.
:)

Location hidden

#161102 Apr 10, 2013
lisw wrote:
The failure to recognize the Southern strategy invented by Nixon's 1968 campaign, and its subsequent fine tuning, complete with dog whistles to an increasingly embittered and struggling working white class anxious for scapegoats (as has been true since reconstruction for economically struggling Southerners and increasingly, Northerners), allows rightists to paint a picture of "liberals" keeping racial minorities captive through "handouts," never mind that the bulk of the "handouts" go to struggling whites. Long sentence. You parse it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161103 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you guys miss him?
This is an old one but..........

..........nah, I'll just RELOAD!

Lafayette IN

#161105 Apr 10, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The failure to recognize the Southern strategy invented by Nixon's 1968 campaign, and its subsequent fine tuning, complete with dog whistles to an increasingly embittered and struggling working white class anxious for scapegoats (as has been true since reconstruction for economically struggling Southerners and increasingly, Northerners), allows rightists to paint a picture of "liberals" keeping racial minorities captive through "handouts," never mind that the bulk of the "handouts" go to struggling whites. Long sentence. You parse it.
Those things are true, and relevant to a general discussion of race in American politics, but not to a discussion of the transgressions of liberals.

Location hidden

#161106 Apr 10, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Those things are true, and relevant to a general discussion of race in American politics, but not to a discussion of the transgressions of liberals.
Pardon. I must have misunderstood the gist of the discussion.

*quiet cough*
HipGnosis

Altona, IL

#161109 Apr 10, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Those things are true, and relevant to a general discussion of race in American politics, but not to a discussion of the transgressions of liberals.
True enough on point, Yer Honor, but since the corollary topic of vote-pandering was (and is continuously) introduced by the affirmative side of the debate, rebuttal on that point is requested to be allowed into evidence.
;)

Lafayette IN

#161110 Apr 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>True enough on point, Yer Honor, but since the corollary topic of vote-pandering was (and is continuously) introduced by the affirmative side of the debate, rebuttal on that point is requested to be allowed into evidence.
;)
;-}

Permission granted, but ... good luck with that.

Location hidden

#161111 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>

Do you guys miss him?
I do, a little. I wouldn't mind if he came back.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161112 Apr 10, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, a little. I wouldn't mind if he came back.
OMG! Go to yer room and don't come out until I tell ye.
FoolyAutomated

Charlestown, IN

#161113 Apr 10, 2013
Since Bush is 14th cousin to queen Elizabeth and Both are Zionists who do not believe in independent nations , why support either ? Which President has NOT been a traitor ?

Location hidden

#161115 Apr 10, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Go to yer room and don't come out until I tell ye.
I take it you don't share my opinion. Gee, that's awful, BB ;) Maybe you should treat yourself to a hot fudge sundae to soothe the pain ;)

Location hidden

#161116 Apr 10, 2013
FoolyAutomated wrote:
Since Bush is 14th cousin to queen Elizabeth and Both are Zionists who do not believe in independent nations , why support either ? Which President has NOT been a traitor ?
Until the current POTUS, none of them.

Your nick is fitting, since you clearly ARE a fool.

Location hidden

#161117 Apr 10, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the current POTUS, none of them.
Your nick is fitting, since you clearly ARE a fool.
None of them has NOT (!) been a traitor?

Sorry, but you just agreed with the fool.
(unintentionally, I'm sure.)

:)

'Nite R.

Lafayette IN

#161118 Apr 10, 2013
FoolyAutomated wrote:
The only things to do after you hear sounds like this are to wipe, flush, and wash your hands before returning to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min yon 4,940
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Osmius 779,239
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min yon 39,395
Gay snapchat names 1 hr PolyBisexual 187
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,391
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,847
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 1 hr truth 18
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 560,745
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 265,584
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 12 hr daveo69 72