Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161084 Apr 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad YOU enjoyed it, but since I don't keep up with sports I didn't even know there was a game.
Several players on the winning team attributed their victory to the Lord.

I give credit to the players themselves.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#161085 Apr 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm glad to hear that, too :)

Location hidden

#161086 Apr 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Ryan is in favor of privatizing at least some of Social Security. in other words he trusts the people more than he trusts government to make the money grow. That is not what Obama is talking about.
No, it wouldn't be. The only kind of money that Obama is interested in growing is taxes, which probably explains all the manure he shovels.

Location hidden

#161087 Apr 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Lyndi I think he did it on purpose. As you see so much attention has been paid to it, and it takes people's minds off of what he really is doing that sucks.
I wouldn't put it past him. Like a magician, he's an expert at directing one's attention away from what he doesn't want you to see.

Long Beach, CA

#161088 Apr 9, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't put it past him. Like a magician, he's an expert at directing one's attention away from what he doesn't want you to see.
Speaking of what we see, nice avatar.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161090 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, government deserves the credit. "they didn't do that" by themselves.
:)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161091 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No, government deserves the credit. "they didn't do that" by themselves.
lol-
Touche'

(If it hadn't been for the roads and bridges......)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161092 Apr 9, 2013
"He would rather have the poor poorer, provided that the rich were less rich. That is the liberal policy."

Margaret Thatcher

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/01/he-would...

San Francisco, CA

#161093 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No, government deserves the credit. "they didn't do that" by themselves.
Don't forget the coach.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161094 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
A few things our fine gov has done of late: The U.S. Treasury said that a few obama friends Jay Z and Bounce were licensed for a "people to people cultural exchange" in Cuba. The obama admin is still using people that lost children at Sandy Hook for all its worth with his propaganda on guns. An msnbc add now says your children no longer belong to you, they are part of a collective. A few laws were broken with bugs placed in an office of Mitch McConell.(Hey when you have to smear the right laws mean nothing) And in Prowers county Co. an undersheriff soon to work for DHS (thanks a lot Bush) is saying the gov once again better watch those Christians. Btw I know the msnbc thing isn't gov but its kind of hard to see much a difference anymore. Life is grand under Pres Nixon. I mean obama.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#161095 Apr 9, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot-on, Lyndi.
I first heard of Dr. Carson at least 20 years ago, when I read a Reader's Digest article about him. He seems to be exploding into the national consciousness now, and I can't think of a finer role model for young black men and women to look up to--or ANY American child, for that matter :)
Indeed. Of note to me is the guy is a brain surgeon. I have no clue what it takes to get to that level but would think that politics aside people would repect him for his hard work. Since he spoke at the prayer breakfast I've leaned for the left nothing else matters, anyone on the right will be destroyed. And God help you if you are black and on the right. Quite sad indeed.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161096 Apr 9, 2013
Willie (and Hip and BH) just to let you know, I appreciate your willingness to have the discussion about the great society. The reason I'm not saying much further is I doubt we will ever see eye to eye. I do believe that most liberals mean well and that it is only a few who wanted to define and own black people for political gain. But can I suggest a good read. It's called the "Invisible Thread". It's non-fiction and not written for any political purpose. it's just a story, but it says so well what I am worried about.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161097 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
Willie (and Hip and BH) just to let you know, I appreciate your willingness to have the discussion about the great society. The reason I'm not saying much further is I doubt we will ever see eye to eye. I do believe that most liberals mean well and that it is only a few who wanted to define and own black people for political gain. But can I suggest a good read. It's called the "Invisible Thread". It's non-fiction and not written for any political purpose. it's just a story, but it says so well what I am worried about.
I also thought we'd reached an impasse.

Location hidden

#161098 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of what we see, nice avatar.
Well, thank you :)

Lafayette IN

#161099 Apr 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
I'm puzzled about one thing, lisw, and maybe I have been all along.

I thought we were talking about public housing and welfare both today and in the past. Were you simply talking about the Great Society, the sixties programs?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161100 Apr 10, 2013
lisw wrote:
Hi Lis. I always wonder why some folks goal is to 'see eye to eye' on any given subject. A discussion can be more lively when we Don't see eye to eye. In fact, seeing something from someone else's point of view can give us a new perspective.
If everybody agreed on everything, we'd stagnate and die. BTW, is that what happened to okb? did he stagnate and die? Boy, talk about an opposing view. No matter what ANYONE said, he'd tell 'em they were wrong.
Do you guys miss him?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161101 Apr 10, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lis. I always wonder why some folks goal is to 'see eye to eye' on any given subject. A discussion can be more lively when we Don't see eye to eye. In fact, seeing something from someone else's point of view can give us a new perspective.
If everybody agreed on everything, we'd stagnate and die. BTW, is that what happened to okb? did he stagnate and die? Boy, talk about an opposing view. No matter what ANYONE said, he'd tell 'em they were wrong.
Do you guys miss him?
I can only speak for myself, but...

no.

The ones I miss are Higgins, Pernrider, and you.

Glad at least one of you is back.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161102 Apr 10, 2013
lisw wrote:
The failure to recognize the Southern strategy invented by Nixon's 1968 campaign, and its subsequent fine tuning, complete with dog whistles to an increasingly embittered and struggling working white class anxious for scapegoats (as has been true since reconstruction for economically struggling Southerners and increasingly, Northerners), allows rightists to paint a picture of "liberals" keeping racial minorities captive through "handouts," never mind that the bulk of the "handouts" go to struggling whites. Long sentence. You parse it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#161103 Apr 10, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you guys miss him?
This is an old one but..........

..........nah, I'll just RELOAD!

Lafayette IN

#161105 Apr 10, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The failure to recognize the Southern strategy invented by Nixon's 1968 campaign, and its subsequent fine tuning, complete with dog whistles to an increasingly embittered and struggling working white class anxious for scapegoats (as has been true since reconstruction for economically struggling Southerners and increasingly, Northerners), allows rightists to paint a picture of "liberals" keeping racial minorities captive through "handouts," never mind that the bulk of the "handouts" go to struggling whites. Long sentence. You parse it.
Those things are true, and relevant to a general discussion of race in American politics, but not to a discussion of the transgressions of liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 568,045
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min waaasssuuup 795,351
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Just Think 120,712
Scientific proof for God's existence 25 min PELE78 559
My video 28 min AyoubTab 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min RiccardoFire 267,408
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min lil whispers 607,191
More from around the web