Comments
154,001 - 154,020 of 173,283 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#161065 Apr 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Men are always going to think like men, but men can (and should) learn not to bring up something as trivial as appearance in circumstances like Obama found himself.
American women spend of billions of dollars per year on beauty products, cosmetics, fashion etc. Maybe they do it so men won't notice how trivial it is to them.

I don't envy you guys.
It's almost impossible to figure out what women want.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#161066 Apr 7, 2013
Beauty products! El barfo.. Perfume stinks! Diamond rings... waste of money and lives. Find a cool rock and marvel at that. It's free and way more spiritually fufilling.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161067 Apr 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all. In fact Alveda King has been quite vocal that one of the reasons for her views if he had lived was his own words that said to work toward a nonviolent solution. Also the fact that he stated he hoped the day would come when a man would be judged not by his color but by his character. Quite sad what has become of his legacy in many parts of this nation are exactly what he spent his lifetime opposing.
So housing is a violent solution?? And if a person accepts help, they have no character?

Wow.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161068 Apr 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
American women spend of billions of dollars per year on beauty products, cosmetics, fashion etc. Maybe they do it so men won't notice how trivial it is to them.
I don't envy you guys.
It's almost impossible to figure out what women want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RPX2cQP8uoIXX
When you are talking about how a woman is "brilliant and she is dedicated and she is tough and she is exactly what you’d want in anybody who is administering the law and making sure that everybody is getting a fair shake", I'd say how attractive she is amounts to trivia, even if she is the "by far the best-looking attorney general in the country".

I say that even knowing that everything you say about how much money and effort is spent on "attractiveness" is true.

It can be a weird world...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#161069 Apr 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Obama offers to give Senior ctizens less over the course of so many years, BUT,,,,,,,,,,only if the R's agree to raise taxes.........
I know, I know, were in debt up to our eyeballs, but still it would be funny if it wasnt so pathetic.
Agreed. He offers a concession that NOBODY wants and nobody is about to agree to, in order to require something which he knows very well that Republicans would never agree to. It's hard to say whether his "offer" is more cynical than hypocritical, or vice versa.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#161070 Apr 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all. In fact Alveda King has been quite vocal that one of the reasons for her views if he had lived was his own words that said to work toward a nonviolent solution. Also the fact that he stated he hoped the day would come when a man would be judged not by his color but by his character. Quite sad what has become of his legacy in many parts of this nation are exactly what he spent his lifetime opposing.
What's not true, Chris?

That King wanted the government to spend more money on housing and welfare in '67 and '68 when he was planning the Poor People's Campaign? The record on that is abundantly clear to anyone familiar with his positions on those issues.

King is a cultural icon. Everybody wants to claim him, including political parties, but neither party has a legitimate claim on his legacy no matter what his children or his niece might argue.

You can make the claim that King would have been a Republican now because of that party's position on abortion. Because he's a Baptist you can't dismiss the claim out of hand, but the record of those closely associated with King at the time of his death doesn't support the notion.

As to the notion that King was a Republican at the time of his death, or at any time after 1960 forward ... the record supports no such claim, and anyone familiar with King's work (particularly his speeches from late 1966 until his murder) knows this.

Location hidden

#161071 Apr 7, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
By their actions as a politician or actions from a previous profession? The term "hero" is all too often bandied about recklessly anyway.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
So do I.

Location hidden

#161072 Apr 7, 2013
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BobbiG. Didn't think anyone noticed I was gone. Thanks for the welcome.
Book? What book?
Oh, you mean the one I'm writing! Yeah. Finished it, and started another, but having trouble getting out of the gate with it. The whole thing is Crystal clear in my mind, but can't get past page ten without screwing something up. I'll figure it out, sooner or later.

Housing: When I was living in Los Angeles, there were large apartments in the Pico-Union district that were reasonably priced. Went all over the district, applying for and getting rejected. A spanish woman, who watched me go from complex to complex, finally leaned out her window and shouted 'You won't get a place here! You're Indio!' I walked over and stood under her window and asked what that had to do with anything. She said that the owners were from Mexico and south america, and they had instructed the managers to only rent to spanish speaking people.

In 1995, The Los Angeles Times did a story on it, and the housing authority sent letters to the whole area, telling them that discrimination was against the law, and if it continued, they'd be fined and worse.
Don't know that it helped or not.
At least it didn't hurt.

Good news about your book :) People have occasionally suggested to me that I try writing a book--not me, thanks. I don't have a clue what I'd write ABOUT, nor do I have the kind of persistence it would take to get it done. Obviously YOU do :)

How's your grandson?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161073 Apr 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. He offers a concession that NOBODY wants and nobody is about to agree to, in order to require something which he knows very well that Republicans would never agree to. It's hard to say whether his "offer" is more cynical than hypocritical, or vice versa.
He (barry, that is) offered it so he could say, "Well, I offered a Compromise, but they flat out rejected it." Sounds good to the clueless, and They are the majority.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#161074 Apr 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>At least it didn't hurt.
Good news about your book :) People have occasionally suggested to me that I try writing a book--not me, thanks. I don't have a clue what I'd write ABOUT, nor do I have the kind of persistence it would take to get it done. Obviously YOU do :)
How's your grandson?
The problem is that the housing authority doesn't do what they were created to do, enforce the law. I don't know how many times we went to them with complaints about management of this complex, and they said, every time,'You just have to work it out with them."
One guy owned the place for about a year and a half. He was Great the first three months, but got into the till too much. He was using funds meant for the apartment complex for hookers and dope. One night hiss neighbor (me) called the police on him because he was blasting his music after midnight, on a school night no less. The cops told him to turn it down because it violated noise ordinances. He told them to go screw, because he owned the place, he could do whatever he waanted. Only after the cops began dragging him out of his apartment did the guy agree to turn off his stereo His last month or so here, a hooker ran off with all the rents he had collected, and he couldn't make the payment on the mortgage. He sold to an uptight chinaman, who currently owns the place.
The end of the guy was, he moved to San Francisco, and his house burned down and he lost everything. He tried suicide, driving off the bay bridge. His vehicle fell twenty five feet and landed on its tires. Last I heard, he was still locked up in a mental ward. Don't know if it was from the drugs, or losing everything, or what
He did buy his tenants Tksgiving turkeys that first year. Wasn't all bad. just stupid.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#161077 Apr 8, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
I'd like to go on record with my opinion that President Obama's remark about our Attorney General being the "...best looking Attorney General ever," was sexist. Who here believes he would have said the same about a male Attorney General?
Even if John Hamm was the Attorney General, I doubt that his looks would be mentioned by the President in a public speech...
Just saying.
He may have offered that opinion if he was a rump wrangler.

Location hidden

#161078 Apr 8, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I believe we have an example here of "damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.
If you paid any attention to Ryan's "plan", which was adopted by the Romney campaign, it included cuts to Social Security. Some cynically noted at the time that the cuts didn't affect current recipients, but those in the future, thus avoiding alienating current senior voters by putting the reforms off onto those not yet affected. I may have missed it, but I don't recall anyone "leaning right" being this excited about SS cuts at the time.

Now the President, in an attempt at reaching bipartisan support for a budget plan, has reluctantly ("not ideal", he said) included modest SS reforms in his budget, primarily in the way cost-of-living raises are calculated.
Put simply, the Republican fiscal plan included SS cuts, and this was only noticed by "entitlement liberals". Now the President offers to incorporate some of their ideas, in bipartisan fashion, and he is criticized for it.

This is why I feel it obvious that many critics are more opportunists, than true democratic conservatives.
As my mama used to say, "Can't win for losin'...."
The man is not "bipartisan" on ANYTHING.

I never heard that Republicans had proposed cuts to Social Security, so I'll take your word for that, Hip, and assume that that one just got by me somehow. But it really doesn't matter, because what's important to our Barry is taking more money out of our pockets. In "offering" this deal, he is essentially saying "Well, if you won't let me have my way over taxes, I'm not gonna give you cuts on ANY program, not even SS." Obama is a manipulative, hypocritical bastard who has zero interest in promoting America's best interests. He is focused on undermining this nation and the ideals it was founded on--self-reliance and limited government--and it gives me immense pain to have to acknowledge he's made great headway toward his stated goal of "reinventing America" or something like that.

I won't go so far as to wish him any harm, but 2017 can't get here soon enough. He is THE worst President this nation has ever had, bar none, and coming after James Buchanan, Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter, that took a lot of effort.

Location hidden

#161079 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
He (barry, that is) offered it so he could say, "Well, I offered a Compromise, but they flat out rejected it." Sounds good to the clueless, and They are the majority.
Yep, yep and yep.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161080 Apr 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, yep and yep.
Louisville beat Michigan to win the NCAA college basketball championship.

It was a great game.

Location hidden

#161081 Apr 8, 2013
The reason The United States didn't sign that was because it would have given outside forces influence in our government, which, I believe, goes against the Constitution.

I believe this decision to be correct. Any international law should stop at our borders. I also believe that that C*nt hillary tried to sell us down the river when she signed the small arms agreement with the UN several years ago. She signed another one just prior to her resignation, and That one finally drew fire from the media. The government is trying to use the UN to end-run the Bill Of Rights. And wouldn't you know? That candy-ass obama is all for it.

Reports show that there are Three Hundred MILLION hand guns loose in this country. With that many weapons 'laying around', If "guncrazy" Would be a whole lot worse if gun control didn't work, don't ya think?

Don't need to take away the guns. Besides, if a body Really wanted to kill someone, there's plenty of ways to do it without a GUN. knives, clubs, rocks, hit&run, blow 'em up, and on and on.

A comedian, some time back, said that his sister took away all the violent toys from her kid. Later on he went into the child's room, and the kid was running his toys over with his toy trucks.

If you took away the guns, I doubt that murders would cease, or even drop in the current rate. More than likely, people would resort to knives. What then? Is Uncle Sam gonna take away all of our sharp objects?
For heaven's sake, Blackheart, don't give him any ideas :s

Good post :)

Location hidden

#161082 Apr 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisville beat Michigan to win the NCAA college basketball championship.
It was a great game.
I'm glad YOU enjoyed it, but since I don't keep up with sports I didn't even know there was a game.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161083 Apr 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
The man is not "bipartisan" on ANYTHING.
I never heard that Republicans had proposed cuts to Social Security, so I'll take your word for that, Hip, and assume that that one just got by me somehow. But it really doesn't matter, because what's important to our Barry is taking more money out of our pockets. In "offering" this deal, he is essentially saying "Well, if you won't let me have my way over taxes, I'm not gonna give you cuts on ANY program, not even SS." Obama is a manipulative, hypocritical bastard who has zero interest in promoting America's best interests. He is focused on undermining this nation and the ideals it was founded on--self-reliance and limited government--and it gives me immense pain to have to acknowledge he's made great headway toward his stated goal of "reinventing America" or something like that.
I won't go so far as to wish him any harm, but 2017 can't get here soon enough. He is THE worst President this nation has ever had, bar none, and coming after James Buchanan, Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter, that took a lot of effort.
Paul Ryan is in favor of privatizing at least some of Social Security. in other words he trusts the people more than he trusts government to make the money grow. That is not what Obama is talking about.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161084 Apr 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad YOU enjoyed it, but since I don't keep up with sports I didn't even know there was a game.
Several players on the winning team attributed their victory to the Lord.

I give credit to the players themselves.

Location hidden

#161085 Apr 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Several players on the winning team attributed their victory to the Lord.
I give credit to the players themselves.
Well, I'm glad to hear that, too :)

Location hidden

#161086 Apr 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Ryan is in favor of privatizing at least some of Social Security. in other words he trusts the people more than he trusts government to make the money grow. That is not what Obama is talking about.
No, it wouldn't be. The only kind of money that Obama is interested in growing is taxes, which probably explains all the manure he shovels.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Black Thunder 42 599,983
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Truth 539,085
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 10 min Uzi 36,757
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Aura Mytha 733,168
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Aura Mytha 226,379
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Uzi 117,996
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min Toby 94,684
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Insults Are Easier 258,047
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••