|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest. About to call it a night, alarm for 4:36 a.m. Take care.
Good evening Chris, responding to this a few hours after your post so I guess you've already turned in by now, so have a Blessed night.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

And you, Lawest. It's good to see you :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
And you, Lawest. It's good to see you :)
Thank you RG, and it is good to see you as well, have you heard anything from our friend DS?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all Hip. The last few days here have been quite enlightening for sure. Last Sunday was a day thats quite important to Christians. I remember when I first started posting here BB asked me to tone it down and remember that this forum wasn't on faith. For the most part I've done that unless some issue came up where faith or religion was at that heart of an issue. What is funny and telling are people like you and big man I'm in China catcher that often talk tolerance have none. Carry on in it.
Well, there ya go, a touch of honesty slips thru. bb points out the impropriety of excess, and you politely comply - I do the same, and I'm "intolerant". As I recall you didn't squeal to bb that "I won't be silenced!" You saw his point - a time and place for everything. Interestingly enough, that was one of my points as well. Apparently ideological alignment has everything to do with whether you're feeling "persecuted".

I know ya'll are expert at avoiding a person's point and assigning a different one entirely, but >for the record<, I was politely silent following Roberta's two "greetings". In fact, people display their faith in here quite frequently, and I defy anyone to find a discouraging comment from me when they do so, even when it gets ponderous and pompous. We've seen entire multi-post lectures on right doctrine and the path to salvation, and you'll find little to no comment from me, except, rarely, in the same vein, recalling my time "in the fold".

Again, it was NOT Roberta's scriptural homilies that drew my initial response. Not even the inevitable knee-jerk "indignation" at Catcher's joke. You gotta admit, the way you and others jumped out there at such a small provocation, it was almost like the "greeting" was bait, and ya'll were poised like holy jackals, primed to spring at the first opportunity to display your God Warrior Mode.

But I was politely silent. The upchuck point was when you tried to add his joke to your precious personal collection of "blessed persecutions" Christians in America have to endure. You're >always< talking about it. I thought it a perfect example to point out just what Chris Clearwater is talking about when he incessantly squeals "Persecution!".

Christians talking about being persecuted in America couldn't be more self-involved. If you know anything at all about the true persecution Christians have, and still, endure for their faith, I'd think you'd be embarrassed to include yourselves in that lot. It's almost like you feel guilty for your soft lives in comparison and have to imagine communing with the saints by ginning up these false "persecutions".
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>.......... Not even the inevitable knee-jerk "indignation" at Catcher's joke. You gotta admit, the way you and others jumped out there at such a small provocation, it was almost like the "greeting" was bait, and ya'll were poised like holy jackals, primed to spring at the first opportunity to display your God Warrior Mode.
But I was politely silent.
<edited your version of War and Peace for space>

The "knee jerk indignation," was a reaction to > Catcher < getting caught doing precisely what he scolds others for. He isn't shy about wagging his boney finger in my direction with his self righteous, "Shame on you, Lyndi" for saying something substantially less insulting. I believe I was on the recieving end of that admonition when at one point I referred to lesbians as "unusally masculine." GASP!

Where were you then?
Nevermind.
Your liberal duplicity is noted. It's like a mental illness with you people.

One final note- I wasn't "indigniant" at the joke. I was indignant at his audacity to laugh at such a joke, send it to his son all the while pretending he's above such things. It amazes me that you blanked out the part where he said his opponents in here weren't above making a towel head comment only find out towel head comments not only don't bother him, he takes the time to FORWARD them.

Now, ain't that a pip!

lisw

Georgetown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there ya go, a touch of honesty slips thru. bb points out the impropriety of excess, and you politely comply - I do the same, and I'm "intolerant". As I recall you didn't squeal to bb that "I won't be silenced!" You saw his point - a time and place for everything. Interestingly enough, that was one of my points as well. Apparently ideological alignment has everything to do with whether you're feeling "persecuted".
I know ya'll are expert at avoiding a person's point and assigning a different one entirely, but >for the record<, I was politely silent following Roberta's two "greetings". In fact, people display their faith in here quite frequently, and I defy anyone to find a discouraging comment from me when they do so, even when it gets ponderous and pompous. We've seen entire multi-post lectures on right doctrine and the path to salvation, and you'll find little to no comment from me, except, rarely, in the same vein, recalling my time "in the fold".
Again, it was NOT Roberta's scriptural homilies that drew my initial response. Not even the inevitable knee-jerk "indignation" at Catcher's joke. You gotta admit, the way you and others jumped out there at such a small provocation, it was almost like the "greeting" was bait, and ya'll were poised like holy jackals, primed to spring at the first opportunity to display your God Warrior Mode.
But I was politely silent. The upchuck point was when you tried to add his joke to your precious personal collection of "blessed persecutions" Christians in America have to endure. You're >always< talking about it. I thought it a perfect example to point out just what Chris Clearwater is talking about when he incessantly squeals "Persecution!".
Christians talking about being persecuted in America couldn't be more self-involved. If you know anything at all about the true persecution Christians have, and still, endure for their faith, I'd think you'd be embarrassed to include yourselves in that lot. It's almost like you feel guilty for your soft lives in comparison and have to imagine communing with the saints by ginning up these false "persecutions".
What exactly are you talking about? The early christians? The romans were very creative in their torture of Christians, I grew up on the stories and it was worse than any horror picture. Or are you talking about the coptic christians in Egypt who are in fear of going to mass because of bombs? i thought we were supposed to live in a country where we didn't have to be afraid. Is bullying by nasty words and an attempt to isolate any less harmful than an atomic wedgy or being stuffed in a locker? C'mon. I don't hear Chris moaning about being hit, he just wuld like to mention how he feels without being told that his Lord is a skydaddy. He isn't hurting you or trying to force you to believe as he does. I think you have a drum to beat and Chris is an easy target because he's young and is not perhaps as sophisticated in his rhetoric. Shame on you. Tolerance is tolerance and you hold yourself up as a beacon of tolerance. That's supposed to include things you don't feel like being tolerant about.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That's not how I remember it, but it's not worth going back and looking.
I agree........

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly are you talking about? The early christians? The romans were very creative in their torture of Christians, I grew up on the stories and it was worse than any horror picture. Or are you talking about the coptic christians in Egypt who are in fear of going to mass because of bombs? i thought we were supposed to live in a country where we didn't have to be afraid. Is bullying by nasty words and an attempt to isolate any less harmful than an atomic wedgy or being stuffed in a locker? C'mon. I don't hear Chris moaning about being hit, he just wuld like to mention how he feels without being told that his Lord is a skydaddy. He isn't hurting you or trying to force you to believe as he does. I think you have a drum to beat and Chris is an easy target because he's young and is not perhaps as sophisticated in his rhetoric. Shame on you. Tolerance is tolerance and you hold yourself up as a beacon of tolerance. That's supposed to include things you don't feel like being tolerant about.
Hip is not the only one who thinks that Chris can overplay the persecution card at the drop of a hat or the suggestion that the hat may be dropped, and Hip has never been among those who react to the mere mention of faith by screaming about skydaddies et. al.

Seems to me Catcher may have more houses than Mitt Romney ... he's living rent-free in a number of heads.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Hip is not the only one who thinks that Chris can overplay the persecution card at the drop of a hat or the suggestion that the hat may be dropped, and Hip has never been among those who react to the mere mention of faith by screaming about skydaddies et. al.
Seems to me Catcher may have more houses than Mitt Romney ... he's living rent-free in a number of heads.
Why do you keep making it about Catcher? I think he's set up business in your head.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you keep making it about Catcher? I think he's set up business in your head.
because it was catcher who got this sorry ass gotcha-fest going.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
<edited your version of War and Peace for space>
The "knee jerk indignation," was a reaction to > Catcher < getting caught doing precisely what he scolds others for. He isn't shy about wagging his boney finger in my direction with his self righteous, "Shame on you, Lyndi" for saying something substantially less insulting. I believe I was on the recieving end of that admonition when at one point I referred to lesbians as "unusally masculine." GASP!
Where were you then?
Nevermind.
Your liberal duplicity is noted. It's like a mental illness with you people.
One final note- I wasn't "indigniant" at the joke. I was indignant at his audacity to laugh at such a joke, send it to his son all the while pretending he's above such things. It amazes me that you blanked out the part where he said his opponents in here weren't above making a towel head comment only find out towel head comments not only don't bother him, he takes the time to FORWARD them.
Now, ain't that a pip!
Yeah it is.

The "joke" being described in my involvement was merely him saying Roberta was off-topic.

Doh!

Man, you wasted a lot of font there dintcha?

As for your fatuous "lesbian" comment, this is the first I've heard of it. Was I even in the room at the time? You don't know, do ya? Doesn't matter, does it? Your "liberal" bomb is delivered, ain't it?

You apparently think I care so much about what you say that I follow all of your posts, and the responses to them.

Newsflash to Lyndi: I don't.

Right about here I could go your route and use this as a chance to label all "you people" as self-absorbed. But I won't.

In this case, it's just you.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly are you talking about? The early christians? The romans were very creative in their torture of Christians, I grew up on the stories and it was worse than any horror picture. Or are you talking about the coptic christians in Egypt who are in fear of going to mass because of bombs? i thought we were supposed to live in a country where we didn't have to be afraid.
Exactly. I have no idea what you think you read, but you're only re-iterating my point. Go Back To Start, Try Again.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Is bullying by nasty words and an attempt to isolate any less harmful than an atomic wedgy or being stuffed in a locker? C'mon. I don't hear Chris moaning about being hit,
Exactly - no one is being isolated, or to use CC's words, "marginalized". So, yeah, he jumped upon an innocuous joke to "moan" about being isolated, when in fact nothing of the sort had occurred. Thank you so much.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>he just wuld like to mention how he feels without being told that his Lord is a skydaddy. He isn't hurting you or trying to force you to believe as he does. I think you have a drum to beat and Chris is an easy target because he's young and is not perhaps as sophisticated in his rhetoric. Shame on you. Tolerance is tolerance and you hold yourself up as a beacon of tolerance. That's supposed to include things you don't feel like being tolerant about.
"I think you have a drum to beat..."

That's where we get into trouble every time. Quit trying so hard to psycho-parse what people say. You have no idea what I think beyond what I choose to write, right? I explained myself fully, but you feel you have some special dispensation to divine between the lines on all the inmates. You'll do as you please, but just so's we know, it's your own cut-out doll. It ain't me babe.

In fact, the record shows considerable tolerance to people's expression of faith here, primarily in respectful silence. To no avail, as we see here. May as well let 'er rip, hmm?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I don't believe this. You people are STILL AT IT?? Do I have to break the "In Case of Emergency" window and haul out the Whack-a-Mole 5000-with-Optional Nuke 'em All switch? For heaven's sake, I just had it installed :P I had to special-order it. If I have to use it, you're ALL DEAD MEAT.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Hip wrote:
"In fact, the record shows considerable tolerance to people's expression of faith here, primarily in respectful silence. To no avail, as we see here. May as well let 'er rip, hmm?"

Oh man it does not take a psychologist to see your issues. Considerable tolerance ...in respectful silence??? That's rich. I think I'll try that.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
I don't believe this. You people are STILL AT IT?? Do I have to break the "In Case of Emergency" window and haul out the Whack-a-Mole 5000-with-Optional Nuke 'em All switch? For heaven's sake, I just had it installed :P I had to special-order it. If I have to use it, you're ALL DEAD MEAT.
With all due respect, Roberta, this is no joke or to me a bickerfest. I really feel I have something to say, so whack away, but I have to say what I think is right.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there ya go, a touch of honesty slips thru. bb points out the impropriety of excess, and you politely comply - I do the same, and I'm "intolerant". As I recall you didn't squeal to bb that "I won't be silenced!" You saw his point - a time and place for everything. Interestingly enough, that was one of my points as well. Apparently ideological alignment has everything to do with whether you're feeling "persecuted".
Same as ever eh Hip. You couldn't be more wrong. Sit in judgement, I don't care or have time for your crap. BB has done something you haven't once, treated me with repect. He also posted it once, you have done it countless times and many times not even on point.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I believe he said he lost respect for her because of the way she was expressing her opinions, not because of her political affiliation. I don't think that's a subtle distinction, but it was apparently invisible to a whole lot of people.
I wasn't surprised at the reaction it got, because of the pack mentality that requires the defense of just about anyone who can pass themselves off as con. What DID surprise me is that after a 8-10 week break from the thread the pack was still howling every time he dropped in to poke his stick.
What Catcher has been proving ever since is that all he has to do to get the monkeys to dance is post something silly. We've been going on for two + pages now about a lame remark to Roberta and a dumb joke that's probably older than I am - and I've only got a few days left where I can deny I'm sixty.
If Catcher is shallow, what does it say about people who continue to take him seriously enough to respond after all this time?
And I almost forgot..........

Happy Birthday William..........

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as ever eh Hip. You couldn't be more wrong. Sit in judgement, I don't care or have time for your crap. BB has done something you haven't once, treated me with repect. He also posted it once, you have done it countless times and many times not even on point.
Perhaps bad bob is just less willing to beat a dead horse. He knows you'll never quit pleading 'persecution', and prostrating yourself in public piety, anyway...

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
Hip wrote:
"In fact, the record shows considerable tolerance to people's expression of faith here, primarily in respectful silence. To no avail, as we see here. May as well let 'er rip, hmm?"
Oh man it does not take a psychologist to see your issues. Considerable tolerance ...in respectful silence??? That's rich. I think I'll try that.
Hip is not intolerant of Chris and his faith (let alone religion in general), any more than Chris is intolerant of Hip and his questioning.

Hip and Chris disagree specifically about what actually constitutes intolerance toward Christians, and Hip's not the only one that thinks Chris will cry intolerance at the slightest prompting.

Now, it's obvious you're a woman on a mission. You've dropped the 'liberal males as chauvinists' and have now taken up 'liberals are intolerant' as your new quest.

You're not going to do any better at the new gig than you did at the old one, and it's fair to say there's more than enough "does not take a psychologist to see your issues" to go around.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps bad bob is just less willing to beat a dead horse. He knows you'll never quit pleading 'persecution', and prostrating yourself in public piety, anyway...
How much different is the way you describe Chris from what seems to be your knee-jerk response to the mention of faith in any context?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Appjoy invite code 5 min Darth 38
Is HELL a R-E-A-L place???? 5 min Backtoreality 23
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 5 min lil whispers 8,212
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,240
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min curiouslu 730,898
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Michael 537,390
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 19 min shyan 1,009
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Most Smart dr Shrink 599,589
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 259,387
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••