Since: Sep 10

Nanning, China

#160786 Apr 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
Now let's adjust your post by switching to another famously persecuted component of our society and see how it reads.
=====
See, there ya go.
Gays have the right to "display" their sexuality in any and all public places, in any form they choose, no matter how disruptive or confrontational. That's not your problem, right?
Those who just happen to be in the same public place but don't feel as they do do must either conform, or remain meekly quiet, out of respect for someone elses sexuality.
And if they don't conform, or remain meekly quiet until they're through and go elsewhere to inflict gay rights on someone else in some other public place, then gay rights are grievously infringed to the point of persecution. That about right?
====
Tell you what, Mr. I'm Just So Darn Hip. When the John Philip Sousa band starts warming up on a public street {maintained by taxpayers} for a Gay Pride Parade, you may want to skedaddle your 7 year old off the street.... otherwise he may have some incredibly awkward questions NO child that age should have to ask.....like why does the naked bandleader have a collar around his neck and why is he being led by a guy (who's really a girl) on a nail studded leash.
Public prayer, no.
Gay pride, yes.
What's in your heart, no.
What's in your pants, yes.
Got it.
You really have become insufferable.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160787 Apr 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Looks to me like Catcher has hooked at least four fish with his "Roberta you're off topic" remark.
I don't know whether it's funny, or sad...
It was neither.

And truth be told if Roberta had joyously blurted out: "I'm here and I'm queer" like a homosexual afflicted with Tourette Syndrome, he wouldn't have told her she was off topic.

Catcher is a cafeteria style liberal. He carefully picks off the societal buffet which segments of our population is deserving of free speech on a public forum and makes it abundantly clear which ones he would prefer just shut up.

Nanning, China

#160788 Apr 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It was neither.
And truth be told if Roberta had joyously blurted out: "I'm here and I'm queer" like a homosexual afflicted with Tourette Syndrome, he wouldn't have told her she was off topic.
Catcher is a cafeteria style liberal. He carefully picks off the societal buffet which segments of our population is deserving of free speech on a public forum and makes it abundantly clear which ones he would prefer just shut up.
Everybody is deserving of free speech.

So shut up.

Nihau.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#160789 Apr 2, 2013
OF COURSE, GEORGE W BUSH MURDERED MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE

Nanning, China

#160790 Apr 2, 2013
DENG wrote:
Lyndi, you cannot let this guy tarnish the W image!

Go get him!

Niihau.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#160791 Apr 2, 2013
DENG wrote:

SURE, BUSH, BRING IN THE DPRK JUDICIARY TO GET ACTION ON JUSTICE IN THE UNITED STAT3ES.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get him!
Niihau.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#160792 Apr 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see the joke as expressing a negative opinion of Americans.
That's your blind spot and you are welcome to it.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#160793 Apr 2, 2013

#160794 Apr 2, 2013
DENG wrote:
DENG wrote:
SURE, BUSH, BRING IN THE DPRK JUDICIARY TO GET ACTION ON JUSTICE IN THE UNITED STAT3ES.
<quoted text>
Agreed DENG..
https://sites.google.com/site/911whatyoumight...

#160795 Apr 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get him!
Niihau.
Tarnish the Whitewashed image you mean right.
You all have been duped.
Why did we go to war in the Mid East? To get the people behind 911 right? Get OBL Dead or Alive
That was a False Flag Operation. OBL was never wanted for 911. And the Washington heads say so.
They lied...
Wake up sheeple peeple
http://red-pill.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/0...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160796 Apr 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have become insufferable.
That's ANY viewpoint opposite of yours, isn't it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160797 Apr 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get him! Niihau.
Stop feeding the trolls, dumas!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#160798 Apr 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
Now let's adjust your post by switching to another famously persecuted component of our society and see how it reads.
=====
See, there ya go.
Gays have the right to "display" their sexuality in any and all public places, in any form they choose, no matter how disruptive or confrontational. That's not your problem, right?
Those who just happen to be in the same public place but don't feel as they do do must either conform, or remain meekly quiet, out of respect for someone elses sexuality.
And if they don't conform, or remain meekly quiet until they're through and go elsewhere to inflict gay rights on someone else in some other public place, then gay rights are grievously infringed to the point of persecution. That about right?
====
Tell you what, Mr. I'm Just So Darn Hip. When the John Philip Sousa band starts warming up on a public street {maintained by taxpayers} for a Gay Pride Parade, you may want to skedaddle your 7 year old off the street.... otherwise he may have some incredibly awkward questions NO child that age should have to ask.....like why does the naked bandleader have a collar around his neck and why is he being led by a guy (who's really a girl) on a nail studded leash.
Public prayer, no.
Gay pride, yes.
What's in your heart, no.
What's in your pants, yes.
Got it.
Did not skedaddling my 7-year-old off the street, during a gay pride rally, constitute bad parenting?
Did answering his questions?

Should folks just skedaddle their 7-year-old off the premises during another family's public prayer, if they object to it?

Or should we just answer his questions?

If prayer is "allowed" in public school, should gay pride rallies be "allowed" as well?

'Kids for Christ','Babies for Buddha','Moms for Muhammad' and the 'Two-Dad Club' can meet on alternating Tuesdays in the auditorium.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#160799 Apr 2, 2013
To tell you the truth on just about any thread, if I see a bible verse, I tend to skip the post.

Its just as simple as that. I'm not offended because i dont want to be offended. I'm not lookin for a fight in other words. i dont have to read that post, no one is shoving it down my throat, no one is making me read it. I can simply walk on by or be offended by it. Its my choice.

It doesnt surprise me that chaser is against having the 10 commandments on a courtroom wall, but is ok with the behavior in public Lyndi described to Hip.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#160800 Apr 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Methinks you either missed it, or just not paying attention.
In fact one of my recent posts was a listing of accomplishments and failures of the Obama administration.
I have also "defended" (your words) the status of the current debt, but I tend to speak of the totality of the debt, and how we got here, rather than pretend it all began in Jan '09, as seems to be the vogue. Of course this can't be done without beginning from the last surplus, which of course begins with a guy whose name rhymes with bush, which of course is when you apparently zone out. I can't be responsible for that, now can I?
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you an example Hip.
This comes up quite a bit.
When someone mentions Obama and the debt. Your only defense seems to be (paraphrasing) well how come you weren't complaining when Bush was POTUS and ran the debt to 8 trillion.
Thats just one example. Instead of saying what Obama is doing right and defending him, you seem to always go back to Bush.
I'm just saying with me anyway, you would have more credence if you could defend what Obama is doing rather then play the Bush card. I rarely see you do that. I'm not saying you dont do it. Just seems predominately you defend Obama by bashing Bush. JMO.........
I reposted my post and yours.

maybe you missed the parts where I said.'I rarely see you do that. I'm not saying you don't do it.'

and 'Thats just one example'.

But go on defending Obama by bashing Bush. I know its gotta be hard defending someone such as Obama..........

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#160801 Apr 2, 2013
AsiaSauce wrote:
<quoted text>Well sheeee-iiit! "My country right or wrong." Almost makes me wish I was an American.
300 plus million Americans are glad you aren't.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160802 Apr 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's your blind spot and you are welcome to it.
There's no blind spot no matter how much you need to believe it, and perhaps someone who's never heard the phrase in question until uttered by a tabloid star/British royal (while in Afghanistan?) isn't one to talk of blind spots in the first place.

Does the joke poke fun at a certain kind of American? You betcha.

The joke uses a caricature of a certain kind of American, and that's all. You can run and hide behind semantics and pretend that the view doesn't meet some arbitrary definition of prevasive, but in truth the views expressed by the joke are "widespread, or of wide extent or occurrence" enough to make it work.

Like I said, the first variation of that joke I heard was about blacks moving to the burbs. It would not surprise me to learn that somewhere on vinyl a similar joke told about two Jews by a Borscht Belt comedian can be played out when you spin it at 33 1/3.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#160803 Apr 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
To tell you the truth on just about any thread, if I see a bible verse, I tend to skip the post.
Its just as simple as that. I'm not offended because i dont want to be offended. I'm not lookin for a fight in other words. i dont have to read that post, no one is shoving it down my throat, no one is making me read it. I can simply walk on by or be offended by it. Its my choice.
It doesnt surprise me that chaser is against having the 10 commandments on a courtroom wall, but is ok with the behavior in public Lyndi described to Hip.
Exactly. Especially in Roberta's case and usually in any case it is not an in your face, I'm gonna make you uncomfortable thing. It is just an expression of who that person is. Me, I'm much shyer about it and often wish I wasn't.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#160804 Apr 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There's no blind spot no matter how much you need to believe it, and perhaps someone who's never heard the phrase in question until uttered by a tabloid star/British royal (while in Afghanistan?) isn't one to talk of blind spots in the first place.
Does the joke poke fun at a certain kind of American? You betcha.
The joke uses a caricature of a certain kind of American, and that's all. You can run and hide behind semantics and pretend that the view doesn't meet some arbitrary definition of prevasive, but in truth the views expressed by the joke are "widespread, or of wide extent or occurrence" enough to make it work.
Like I said, the first variation of that joke I heard was about blacks moving to the burbs. It would not surprise me to learn that somewhere on vinyl a similar joke told about two Jews by a Borscht Belt comedian can be played out when you spin it at 33 1/3.
Yawn!
:)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160805 Apr 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Did not skedaddling my 7-year-old off the street, during a gay pride rally, constitute bad parenting?
Did answering his questions?
Who's to say?
In some parts of the world you can take your 7 year old child to a public hanging and answer them when they want to know why the dead guy's shoes flew off his feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 764,563
Barack Obama's birth certificate: Where is trut... 19 min Caesar 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min waaasssuuup 603,611
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min June VanDerMark 554,886
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 263,449
Blacks so Stupid to Burn they're own houses 1 hr yon 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Ratloder 119,239
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr leyan sha 1,180

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE