“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#160713 Mar 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, while I suppose it is theoretically possible for a non-diplomat to travel to NK and, uh, "look... the man in the eye [and]... get a sense of his soul",
One of my favorite enduring quotes from that guy you refer to, "My message will be, uh...'Vladimir'...I call him Vladimir....". Priceless.

http://robertamsterdam.com/2007/06/video_i_ca...

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

#160714 Mar 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Maybe we need to send Dennis Rodman over there to talk him down..........
Leave it to Catcher.

I am in China now.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#160715 Mar 30, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It's a process. Rodman understood this before you did, apparently. Unlike you, he DID 'go over there'.
But let's go at Rodman with flaming pitchforks....he's the same color as Michael Vick, right???
You really aren't this stupid are you?

What good would it do me to go over there. Rodman is a hero to ole Kim..........

I like Dennis Rodman but drugs and an unfortunate childhood it seems have gotten the best of him. I know a little about that.

The whole post was a joke. I bet Dennis himself would have gotten a chuckle out of it.(shrug)

And last but not least, I said what I said because of the color of his skin? Give me a break. Thats quite the leap there kate. You wou oughta try out for the olympic long jump team.

#160716 Mar 30, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one person on the thread for whom I was sure an explanation would not be required.
Bummer.
That fat kid's not the leader of the most nervous-making entity on BB's list for nothing, right?
Dennis Rodman went to North Korea, and had an actual conversation (or three) with Kim Jong Un. Met his wife. Got the skinny on his family.
Have you?
Has Obama?
Has any other American citizen been given the opportunity? How many would take it?
I think Rodman made the opportunity for himself, and I salute him for it.
The only reasons I can see for ridicule of Rodman in this regard, are sour grapes, or deliberate obtuseness. He may not be keeping enemies close, but by golly, he's drawing them closer.
This is not to say that Dennis Rodman is in any way representative of the 'average American', but at least he had the sac to give the man a listen.
He was invited over there because he is a hero to Kim because he played on the Bulls championship teams. They watched basketball together, broke bread and played some one on one. Rodman was unaware of the abuses of that regime until he came back. He had no idea of the labor camps and some of the other things going on. he may have been aware of the tensions between the two nations, but Id find it hard to believe he went over there with the intent or determination to ease the tension.

#160717 Mar 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>With so many hurting in NK due to years of int'l sanctions as well as Draconian domestic policies, I couldn't help but think of "The Mouse That Roared". But Peter Sellers he ain't.
Every year SK and the US hold military exercises, highly visible to the NK people, by design. Every year NK rattles it's sabres in return. Kim being fresh to the job, and SK just inaugurating a new one of their own, I wonder if there's a touch of GDub Syndrome in play, ie, "I'm as tough as dad, only tougher". Kim Jong Un needs to make an impression on multiple fronts, domestically and regionally. I'm hoping it's just business as usual, but even at that, the wrong move at the right time at a time of heightened tension is all it takes for a bunch of innocent people to die.
I was gonna post yesterday how long it would be before Hip brought Bush into the equation. Really I was..........

“The future begins”

every moment

#160718 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I was gonna post yesterday how long it would be before Hip brought Bush into the equation. Really I was..........
He was President Of The United States for eight years. Quite a bit of stuff happened then, that is now affecting the world, and will resonate for at least a generation to come. Expect to hear his name quite often.

It is amusing how former supporters flinch at the mere mention of his name nowadays.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160719 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, actually, I'm the one that did that first. He's the one who looked into the 'soul' of Putin.

My point wasn't Bush-bashing so much as it was a comment on the fallacy behind the idea that Dennis Rodman or any other individual 'getting to know' Kim Jong Un (or any other dictator) stands much of a chance in improving relations between the U.S. and NK.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy taking a swipe in the process.

;-)

In truth, we don't even know how much power he holds. We don't really know why NK has ramped up the rhetoric over the past year, why they seem intent on alienating even their closest ally (China), what their game is or who they are playing it with.

Is this all a game to consolidate power (or prop up the regime) internally? Are they playing out a "The Mouse That Roared" scenario again, hoping to get increased aid from China or direct aid from the United States? Has he been exposed to the insane, surreal NK propaganda for so long that he really believe he can defeat South Korea and the United States?

You can bet your bottom dollar that brain trusts in think tanks are puzzling over those questions all over the world right now. The sakes, particularly for South Korea (with millions of people in Seoul within NK artillery range), are very high. There's a danger that the decades-long sword rattling could produce a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" effect.

The intrusion of a civilian 'citizen diplomat' into such a situation is seldom helpful. So far I haven't seen any evidence that Rodman's come back a propagandist for NK (the way Fonda & Hayden did for North Vietnam, Charles Lindbergh did to only a slightly lesser extent for Nazi Germany).

#160720 Mar 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>He was President Of The United States for eight years. Quite a bit of stuff happened then, that is now affecting the world, and will resonate for at least a generation to come. Expect to hear his name quite often.
It is amusing how former supporters flinch at the mere mention of his name nowadays.
Just messin wit ya Hipster........

But you do play that card incessantly.........

In all honesty it takes away from the validity of your posts, at least with me. I have to take them all with a grain or two of salt.

#160721 Mar 30, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Well, actually, I'm the one that did that first. He's the one who looked into the 'soul' of Putin.
My point wasn't Bush-bashing so much as it was a comment on the fallacy behind the idea that Dennis Rodman or any other individual 'getting to know' Kim Jong Un (or any other dictator) stands much of a chance in improving relations between the U.S. and NK.
That's not to say I didn't enjoy taking a swipe in the process.
;-)
In truth, we don't even know how much power he holds. We don't really know why NK has ramped up the rhetoric over the past year, why they seem intent on alienating even their closest ally (China), what their game is or who they are playing it with.
Is this all a game to consolidate power (or prop up the regime) internally? Are they playing out a "The Mouse That Roared" scenario again, hoping to get increased aid from China or direct aid from the United States? Has he been exposed to the insane, surreal NK propaganda for so long that he really believe he can defeat South Korea and the United States?
You can bet your bottom dollar that brain trusts in think tanks are puzzling over those questions all over the world right now. The sakes, particularly for South Korea (with millions of people in Seoul within NK artillery range), are very high. There's a danger that the decades-long sword rattling could produce a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" effect.
The intrusion of a civilian 'citizen diplomat' into such a situation is seldom helpful. So far I haven't seen any evidence that Rodman's come back a propagandist for NK (the way Fonda & Hayden did for North Vietnam, Charles Lindbergh did to only a slightly lesser extent for Nazi Germany).
Ahhh, I see said the blind man. These subtle nuances on these threads tend to confuse me.

Very good and informitive post. Thank you........
Expert in All things

Cottonwood, CA

#160722 Mar 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>He was President Of The United States for eight years. Quite a bit of stuff happened then, that is now affecting the world, and will resonate for at least a generation to come. Expect to hear his name quite often.
Like record production of domestic oil?

#160723 Mar 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to Catcher.
I am in China now.
Thank Goodness, AT least now I'll be able to sleep at night knowing Chaser is on the job..........

“The future begins”

every moment

#160724 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Just messin wit ya Hipster........
But you do play that card incessantly.........
In all honesty it takes away from the validity of your posts, at least with me. I have to take them all with a grain or two of salt.
If you see the mention of the immediately preceding President's name in discussion of foreign and domestic affairs and politics as being "incessant", I guess that demonstrates my point, hmm?

How much you want to bet you don't notice the mentions of Clinton, Carter, Johnson, etc in the same dicussions?

#160725 Mar 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>If you see the mention of the immediately preceding President's name in discussion of foreign and domestic affairs and politics as being "incessant", I guess that demonstrates my point, hmm?
How much you want to bet you don't notice the mentions of Clinton, Carter, Johnson, etc in the same dicussions?
Let me give you an example Hip.
This comes up quite a bit.

When someone mentions Obama and the debt. Your only defense seems to be (paraphrasing) well how come you weren't complaining when Bush was POTUS and ran the debt to 8 trillion.

Thats just one example. Instead of saying what Obama is doing right and defending him, you seem to always go back to Bush.

I'm just saying with me anyway, you would have more credence if you could defend what Obama is doing rather then play the Bush card. I rarely see you do that. I'm not saying you dont do it. Just seems predominately you defend Obama by bashing Bush. JMO.........
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160726 Mar 30, 2013
The biggest question to you our Dumbed down and peebrain Americans, and this is serious questions that you don't want to face is, you had sow what you had sown. Time to beat your little peabrains around until it sink in. Yes No maybe? I bet most of you don't want to admit it you are guilty of crimes against world humanity, i bet most of you don't want to answer question below... Patriotism and nationalism is what got germany Nazi into a big bind. Wake up time ... Forget it , go back to sleep, that all most good for, Enjoy when a Nero come for you, you not gonna like it, and by that time it will be too late! I will be crying or laughing ? U know my answer! BWWHAHHAHAA MWHAHAHAAHHAAHahaa Enjoy the police State! WBHAHAHAAAA

Why our US have so many and made/make so many Enemies worldwide?

“The future begins”

every moment

#160727 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Let me give you an example Hip.
This comes up quite a bit.
When someone mentions Obama and the debt. Your only defense seems to be (paraphrasing) well how come you weren't complaining when Bush was POTUS and ran the debt to 8 trillion.
Thats just one example. Instead of saying what Obama is doing right and defending him, you seem to always go back to Bush.
I'm just saying with me anyway, you would have more credence if you could defend what Obama is doing rather then play the Bush card. I rarely see you do that. I'm not saying you dont do it. Just seems predominately you defend Obama by bashing Bush. JMO.........
Methinks you either missed it, or just not paying attention.

In fact one of my recent posts was a listing of accomplishments and failures of the Obama administration.

I have also "defended" (your words) the status of the current debt, but I tend to speak of the totality of the debt, and how we got here, rather than pretend it all began in Jan '09, as seems to be the vogue. Of course this can't be done without beginning from the last surplus, which of course begins with a guy whose name rhymes with bush, which of course is when you apparently zone out. I can't be responsible for that, now can I?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#160728 Mar 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we're cookin'.
You did note my sarcasm. I fear that in the future the rest of this nation will look like my home state of Hawaii. In Hawaii most live in less than pleasant circumstances as there really is no middle class.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#160729 Mar 30, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that intense ANGER is often confused with hysteria, don't you?
I've even lost that now BB. Life is just too short. Like a fat man that keeps making bad decisions concerning his health so be it. Do the best you can do and let it roll. Talked to another business owner last week. He runs a small trucking firm and has already let quite a few go. His thinking is with Obama care yet to hit he will shut it down soon. He is looking forward to moving his family to Florida where we have no state income tax after he makes this move. Just another real world example that libs will dismiss.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160732 Mar 30, 2013
1 John 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

1 Corinthians 15:20 BUT CHRIST HAS INDEED BEEN RAISED FROM THE DEAD
----------

After the pain and despair of Good Friday comes the glory and joy of Jesus' Resurrection early Sunday morning. Happy Easter to one and all!

----------

John 3:16 [Jesus said] For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160733 Mar 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I've even lost that now BB. Life is just too short. Like a fat man that keeps making bad decisions concerning his health so be it. Do the best you can do and let it roll.
Well I AM a fat man that keeps making bad health decisions.

But my anger will NEVER subside as long as this joker occupies the WH. So far him and his cohorts have used teflon to escape being held responsible (Fast & Furious, & Benghazi) but he's bound to screw up big any time, and I want every one of his enablers to see him for what he really is. Just a 2-bit Chicago wheeler-dealer.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#160734 Mar 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I AM a fat man that keeps making bad health decisions.
But my anger will NEVER subside as long as this joker occupies the WH. So far him and his cohorts have used teflon to escape being held responsible (Fast & Furious, & Benghazi) but he's bound to screw up big any time, and I want every one of his enablers to see him for what he really is. Just a 2-bit Chicago wheeler-dealer.
I hear you bro. For me my faith is what gets me through the day. Some think they are getting away with it... If they had a clue. Later alligator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Tony17 545,188
I Will Plow My Mom In Week By Monday 5/28 (May '12) 4 min jaden 45
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Joyful8118 744,291
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 39 min andet1987 4,249
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 43 min andet1987 1,118
Is Chris Brown a Gang Member Now? 49 min andet1987 5
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 52 min dman3626 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min onemale 260,239
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 228,601
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,444

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE