Comments
153,641 - 153,660 of 173,320 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#160671 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What?
You don't think all those things are going to happen if the culture warriors steal the word marriage from heterosexual couples?
You coulda fooled me. From here you're sounding like the Ghostbusters talking to the mayor.
Oh, and mass hysteria? I see it right here in this thread every time Obama's name is mentioned, or can be gratuitously brought into the conversation.
Will you please be honest? There is zero hysteria here. Now when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc we see real hysteria coast to coast.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160672 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please be honest? There is zero hysteria here. Now when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc we see real hysteria coast to coast.
Says one of the most hysterical of all ...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#160673 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Says one of the most hysterical of all ...
Whatever dude. A few days back in November, yep. Now not so much. In fact things are looking up. Stock market set another record. Looking forward to our new health care and more paying a fair share. Lol. Let the good times roll.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#160674 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever dude. A few days back in November, yep. Now not so much. In fact things are looking up. Stock market set another record. Looking forward to our new health care and more paying a fair share. Lol. Let the good times roll.
Now we're cookin'.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#160675 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the fact that some people get hysterical "when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc" doesn't mean that other people don't get hysterical because Obama is President of the United States, right?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160676 Mar 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
did i hurt your feelings by speaking the truth??
No, u haven't, morally and ethically u are way behind some of the ancient civilizations!! Throwing bombs on innocent children in Iraq is disgusting and barbaric!!

No, u r the last civilized people on earth, u took ideas from ALL civilization, stole everything from other countries and made your own home stronger. Just admit it, why lie about it?

Empires always fall, just give it time!! There will be another empire that will arise and this one will fall!! That's life!!
Why do u people take your countries side so much, why can't u stand up for the truth??
Why do we take our country's side???

Ummm...maybe it's because we LOVE our country? You think that might be it? Maybe that has something to do with it?

"Took ideas from all civilization"--sure, why not? I don't know of any civilization throughout history which didn't learn from other peoples and civilizations. It's well known, for instance, that the ancient Romans adopted the gods of the Greeks, renamed them and made them their own, and many of the ideals that Western civilization is founded on have their roots in the old Greek city-states and in Biblical history.

"Stole everything from other countries"--gimme me a break. I don't know much about Indian history, but I know enough that I don't think Indian civilization has even the slightest claim to moral or intellectual superiority.

Location hidden

#160677 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>When the United States tried to buy what used to be Northern Mexico and is now the Southwestern United States, they refused. We provoked a war with them, defeated them, then paid them the money.

If you're not able or willing to distinguish between European countries and the United States, there's nothing for us to talk about. The fact that the U.S. was originally settled by Europeans means nothing. The fact that horrible things happened in this country in the past means nothing to today.
Well said.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160678 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
The subject of gay marriage deserves a more serious approach than bringing up inter-species relationships (since only humans are capable of consent) or relationships with inanimate objects.
Since there have always been people arguing for polygamy, I'm sure some polygamists will say 'why not us'. That's their right. Even with that, there's no domino effect in play here. It doesn't follow that if you change the gender requirements for two people in a civil marriage, you would have to allow three or four or whatever.
So you say. It was reported this very afternoon that there's at least (1) trio waiting in the wings to see if Doma is shot down.
Once the door is open, how could you possibly allow one and not the other?

As for your opening admonition, so what? You have ONE human wanting to marry his dog or horse. Ask a horse to count to 5, what can he do? He drags his front hoof 5 times on the floor. OK so ask the horse if he consents to marry his rider. If yes, count to 1, if no count to 2.

You're much closer to being correct on inanimate objects, UNLESS
the freakin' courts rule that for inanimate objects, only 1 party consent is necessary. Some gal in France wants to marry the Eiffel Tower. In Europe ANYthing is possible. And if it flies in Europe, who's to say it won't be coming to town near you?

Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Hardly.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160679 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that the fact that some people get hysterical "when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc" doesn't mean that other people don't get hysterical because Obama is President of the United States, right?
You do know that intense ANGER is often confused with hysteria, don't you?

Location hidden

#160680 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You think about it. Most are not man-made disasters. Devastating earthquakes, tsunamis, wildfires, avalanches and floods are not caused by the US.

No other country uses smart bombs, designed to dramatically reduce
loss of innocent civilians. Most of the murders suffered by the Iraqis (your example) was carried out by ruthless insurgents, then blaming the US and the Coalition. When that didn't work any more,(because Iraqis saw who the bombers were), the strategy was to ignite a civil war. So far that hasn't worked either.

But the US and others are working hard to train Iraqi and Afghan police and military to restore law & order, and ensure that they have the capability and knowhow to defend their own country going forward. We aren't REQUIRED to train them, we CHOSE to do it because it was the right thing to do, in an effort to keep peace, and help stabilize the Middle East.

But it'll only be a matter of time b4 Ahmadinejan in Iran, al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah, or Kim Jong Un in NKorea, rear up their ugly heads and strike out, killing untold numbers of innocent people, just like those in our WTC towers.
Yep. Good post, BB.

By the way, you left out tornadoes, hurricanes, famine, pestilence and disease.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160681 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right, although he sometimes makes sense!
it depends on the audience.:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160682 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm bold enough to make a prediction.
I'll bet mine is more accurate than your pre-election prediction.
You ended up suffering from premature celebration.
Gee, you mean along with several other million people that predicted the same damn thing, just on this rookie's track record on the freaking economy alone?

You Obama zombies are semi-humorous, if nothing else. And I mean that literally.

United States

#160683 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem deciphering your posts, and I am interested in what you have to say.
But to reach the "general populace," it would behoove you to be more user-friendly in your writing style.
I'm curious why you choose to write as you do.
I try to be non confrontational in my approach discussing what vi have to say with the a particular audience and some will vilified you already before you get to stage and will often use all kinds of heavy foul language, cat calls, name call ... what do you expect? You man of integrity, what will you do?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160684 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we're cookin'.
This from a dipstick that wants to tame the global bad guys with cotton candy and calming words, hoping to "work things out" diplomatically.

Newsflash Mr Ambassador. Young Kim Jong Un is looking for a war with the USA right now. He's rattling his sabre, and provoking us with missile shots. Two nuclear-armed US B2 Stealth bombers just returned from a flyover of South Korea as a warning to the little Napoleon. So we may have yet another war on the horizon.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/28/us-...

But with your connections & pull, you should be be able to "talk" the little guy outta making a big mistake. Probably don't wanna put that off too long though.

Location hidden

#160685 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say. It was reported this very afternoon that there's at least (1) trio waiting in the wings to see if Doma is shot down.

As for your opening admonition, so what? You have ONE human wanting to marry his dog or horse. Ask a horse to count to 5, what can he do? He drags his front hoof 5 times on the floor. OK so ask the horse if he consents to marry his rider. If yes, count to 1, if no count to 2.

the freakin' courts rule that for inanimate objects, only 1 party consent is necessary. Some gal in France wants to marry the Eiffel Tower. In Europe ANYthing is possible. And if it flies in Europe, who's to say it won't be coming to town near you?
This woman wants to marry THE EIFFEL TOWER?!?

Well, whaddaya know. I guess size really DOES matter.

Jamaica, NY

#160686 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm PROUD to be a GW Bush supporter. The current occupant should not even have been put there in the 1st place, much less
twice. And it was because of Obama enablers just like you, that
made that happen. Ridiculous.
You want equality, but don't care at what price, as that "equality" may open the door for untold combinations. How can <you> allow one and deny the other?
My reply to you about the troll that refuses to learn our language wasn't about Obama, but you wanna use any excuse to avoid the issues. Ain't gonna work. As long as you post in here, I'll reply, whether you choose to respond or not. I even prefer you DIDN'T reply, because I don't believe you're as street-smart as you want people to think, Summa cum laude notwithstanding.
U use the "Language " thing to demarginalize those who can not speak up and defend themselves . I and others heard it all before . You bunch our US war-for-profiteers/ war supporters/war investors... usually have no intellectual counters to those post (s), so you politely resort to use "Language' thing ...And if that does not work try to even bully the human rights And World Peace activist with guns and violence, as you war mongering / war supporters/bullies will often resort to use foul language, and to use threatening languages with violent words in attempt to shut us down and to do away with all world human rights ... What has war mongering Bush And Co did to US and world people? You see Catcher they trying bully weak of society , they will resort to use violence and guns, they will steal, lied , cheat, kill , rape, plunder ... and to use of violent language to scare and to put fear into world populace into subservience state and those who don't support Military Industrail complex will often be decapitate and marked as bad.... That is what Clementine try to get across but often is also demarginalize by these our US War mongering Neocons...who support illegal overseas wars and war against peaceful Americans and bully the weak...

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#160687 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're being reasonable when you claim that overturning DOMA/Prop 8 will lead to people marrying dogs or the Grand Canyon.

Your example of the horse is so completely ridiculous that I can't believe you'd make it; ditto the notion that a court someday allow marriage between people and an inanimate object.

Can I say there isn't a judge out there stupid enough to make such a ruling? Of course not, but that doesn't mean the decision would stand or impact society in any way, shape, or form. Such a decision would be stayed within 24 hours and overturned on the fast track.

Can I say that polygamists and people with sicker interests (bestiality, which you come back to every time the subject comes up) won't claim that overturning DOMA/Prop 8 means what they want shouldn't also be legal? Of course not - but so what?

This trio you mention may in fact file a lawsuit. It MAY even get a hearing in front of a Federal magistrate. It won't go any farther, and the only reason the trio might get any publicity outside of News of the Weird-style reporting, is that people invested in selling the idea that society is going to hell in a handbasket will give it to them.

Long Beach, CA

#160688 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a dipstick that wants to tame the global bad guys with cotton candy and calming words, hoping to "work things out" diplomatically.
Newsflash Mr Ambassador. Young Kim Jong Un is looking for a war with the USA right now. He's rattling his sabre, and provoking us with missile shots. Two nuclear-armed US B2 Stealth bombers just returned from a flyover of South Korea as a warning to the little Napoleon. So we may have yet another war on the horizon.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/28/us-...
But with your connections & pull, you should be be able to "talk" the little guy outta making a big mistake. Probably don't wanna put that off too long though.
Hey Lyndi, where are you?

Your minions are struggling and need support from their ideologist.

Hey, by the way, you got investments in the stock market?

I do. The economy is rebounding, and things are looking better. Woohoo, I'm off to China tomorrow.

OK. Come on. Show up. We need some good theatrics on Obama misspeaks, Michelle putdowns,
Obamacare jabs, lost-job-anecdotes, you know.

Long Beach, CA

#160689 Mar 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> I try to be non confrontational in my approach discussing what vi have to say with the a particular audience and some will vilified you already before you get to stage and will often use all kinds of heavy foul language, cat calls, name call ... what do you expect? You man of integrity, what will you do?
Hit them with substance.

United States

#160690 Mar 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we take our country's side???
Ummm...maybe it's because we LOVE our country? You think that might be it? Maybe that has something to do with it?
"Took ideas from all civilization"--sure, why not? I don't know of any civilization throughout history which didn't learn from other peoples and civilizations. It's well known, for instance, that the ancient Romans adopted the gods of the Greeks, renamed them and made them their own, and many of the ideals that Western civilization is founded on have their roots in the old Greek city-states and in Biblical history.
"Stole everything from other countries"--gimme me a break. I don't know much about Indian history, but I know enough that I don't think Indian civilization has even the slightest claim to moral or intellectual superiority.
This is what Clemenia is talking about somewhat refer to my post no.#160686.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
" If an American is concerned only about his nation, he will not be concerned about the peoples of Asia, Africa, or South America. Is this not why nations engage in the madness of war without the slightest sense of penitence? Is this not why the murder of a citizen of your own nation is a crime, but the murder of citizens of another nation in war is an act of heroic virtue?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
"
We in the West must bear in mind that the poor countries are poor primarily because we have exploited them through political or economic colonialism."

Pres/Gen. Eisenhower, Dwight, 1953

"Every gun that is made, every warship that is launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed."

So, what you have to say, you lack or without Empathy is ugly, have yo ruminate in mirror lately on how many war-torned Children had been left parent less worldwide because of our Greedy and US militaristic imperialistic interventionist ugly PNAC Agendas and Manifest had ruined many lives worldwide and at home, are you even human? You nothing but Scvms who nationalistic and jingoist pride had ruined mant can you smell stence of human life who died because of stupid soldier gunning action in name of war/raw resorce-for-profiteering profiting from misery of world humanity. No wonder over 179 nations had give US the big middle fingers, you our US war mongers will face piper just like Bush and Co at the International War Crimes tribunal! One for the WOrld Humanity!

When ignorance is our master, there is no real peace .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min stephania 600,366
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min marge 539,675
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 258,260
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 734,188
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 7 min superwilly 69,797
lesbian sexting 8 min kazi_k 9
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 10 min MUQ1 36,770
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min superwilly 226,601
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••