Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160658 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what I post about, you make it about Obama. Well, turnabout is fair play. Yes, I want equality and I'm not going to discuss it with a G W Bush troglodyte.
Oh I'm PROUD to be a GW Bush supporter. The current occupant should not even have been put there in the 1st place, much less
twice. And it was because of Obama enablers just like you, that
made that happen. Ridiculous.

You want equality, but don't care at what price, as that "equality" may open the door for untold combinations. How can <you> allow one and deny the other?

My reply to you about the troll that refuses to learn our language wasn't about Obama, but you wanna use any excuse to avoid the issues. Ain't gonna work. As long as you post in here, I'll reply, whether you choose to respond or not. I even prefer you DIDN'T reply, because I don't believe you're as street-smart as you want people to think, Summa cum laude notwithstanding.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160659 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My gut tells me it's his persona, and he's no dummy.
One using a "persona", doesn't post in terribly fractured English for over 4 years. No one said he was dummy, just an irritating
parrot, repeating the same thing endlessly.

Don't take my word for it, all ya gotta do is go back and read what he's been posting. And it's not just in here, either. He
says the same thing on the Soldier thread, and wherever else he ventures.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160660 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right, although he sometimes makes sense!
He's a G-D troll, but you feed him anyway.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#160661 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
DOMA died today.
One more step toward equality.
Lol. If you had a clue.

Clearwater, FL

#160662 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There may be people on the left who do as you say, although I've never seen any of them here - and there are people on the right who do it as well.
What I have seen are people on the right who cry sexism or hostility to women as an easy out, a way to discredit a poster rather than deal with what they say.
Catcher has said absolutely NOTHING than could be interpreted as sexist or hostile to women or paternalistic by any reasonable person, but that's a handy-dandy way to deflect the conversation from, well, anything onto Catcher.
Of course, you know what I say - the more often a person talks about libs and cons, left and right, the less likely they have anything to say at all.
Really don't care man. Words from him mean as much as they do from obama to me. Actions speak. His are quite clear.

Clearwater, FL

#160663 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm PROUD to be a GW Bush supporter. The current occupant should not even have been put there in the 1st place, much less
twice. And it was because of Obama enablers just like you, that
made that happen. Ridiculous.
You want equality, but don't care at what price, as that "equality" may open the door for untold combinations. How can <you> allow one and deny the other?
My reply to you about the troll that refuses to learn our language wasn't about Obama, but you wanna use any excuse to avoid the issues. Ain't gonna work. As long as you post in here, I'll reply, whether you choose to respond or not. I even prefer you DIDN'T reply, because I don't believe you're as street-smart as you want people to think, Summa cum laude notwithstanding.
Thats the thing, he DOES NOT WANT EQUALITY. Like healthcare it just a means to an end. Listened to a gay man say today he doesn't want this as the main reason for marriage is children. Then this flake turns around and claims he is all for stable home for kids.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160664 Mar 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I do understand your concern. Exposure makes for acceptance. If you've ever watched "sister wives" you know that at least those ladies are really nice people. The worry is definitely for those children because everything you do is like a ripple in a pond. It affects lots of others. I don't agree with polygamy but I can't say it doesn't work for them.
Hiya Lis.(BTW I have a new email address), so if you sign in I'll get it to ya.

As to your msg, it's not only about the children, or who's nice, or even how traditional marriage has been handled. I don't care if same-sex couples wanna declare themselves "married" amongst their friends and families. But traditional marriage between 1 man and 1 woman is the fabric by which civilization has endured since biblical times, and I don't wanna see traditional marriage made a mockery, by allowing first same-sex, then multiple combinations, and finally inter-species, or the joining of inanimate objects.

If same-sex couples have the universal right to "marry", how can Polygamy, or any other combination be stopped legally?
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if we had all handled traditional marriage a little better, didn't have a 50% divorce rate, with blended families that the kids can't figure out, maybe if we'd treated marriage as more sacred, we'd have a leg to stand on. But we can hardly say that all kids need a mom and a dad, when so many are raised by moms or multiple people. What kids need is stability.
Kids can absolutely have stability with same-sex couples, and I wouldn't be surprised to see better results than with broken marriages, or even sometimes with unbroken marriages, where one spouse has to be away for long periods, either job-related or military.

But if same-sex couples receive exactly the same benefits and rights under the 14th amendment, they should have NO beef using
Civil Unions as the vehicle to get them there.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160665 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
If this is meant to have a point, I missed it.

We already have earthquakes & volcanoes. Human & animal sacrifice in some parts of the world. Many dogs and cats already live together peacefully (often playfully). And you can currently see mass hysteria in parts of Europe, and other places.

The rest? Probably not at this time, altho bombing could be considered "fire coming down from the sky", I s'pose.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160666 Mar 28, 2013
The subject of gay marriage deserves a more serious approach than bringing up inter-species relationships (since only humans are capable of consent) or relationships with inanimate objects.

Since there have always been people arguing for polygamy, I'm sure some polygamists will say 'why not us'. That's their right. Even with that, there's no domino effect in play here. It doesn't follow that if you change the gender requirements for two people in a civil marriage, you would have to allow three or four or whatever.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#160667 Mar 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is meant to have a point, I missed it.
We already have earthquakes & volcanoes. Human & animal sacrifice in some parts of the world. Many dogs and cats already live together peacefully (often playfully). And you can currently see mass hysteria in parts of Europe, and other places.
The rest? Probably not at this time, altho bombing could be considered "fire coming down from the sky", I s'pose.
What?

You don't think all those things are going to happen if the culture warriors steal the word marriage from heterosexual couples?

You coulda fooled me. From here you're sounding like the Ghostbusters talking to the mayor.

Oh, and mass hysteria? I see it right here in this thread every time Obama's name is mentioned, or can be gratuitously brought into the conversation.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#160668 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. If you had a clue.
I'm bold enough to make a prediction.

I'll bet mine is more accurate than your pre-election prediction.

You ended up suffering from premature celebration.

Clearwater, FL

#160669 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm bold enough to make a prediction.
I'll bet mine is more accurate than your pre-election prediction.
You ended up suffering from premature celebration.
No, I didn't. Read back. I said a few times I hoped Romeny would win but would not be shocked if he didn't. I do celebrate but my reasons have nothing to do with this forum.

Clearwater, FL

#160671 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What?
You don't think all those things are going to happen if the culture warriors steal the word marriage from heterosexual couples?
You coulda fooled me. From here you're sounding like the Ghostbusters talking to the mayor.
Oh, and mass hysteria? I see it right here in this thread every time Obama's name is mentioned, or can be gratuitously brought into the conversation.
Will you please be honest? There is zero hysteria here. Now when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc we see real hysteria coast to coast.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#160672 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please be honest? There is zero hysteria here. Now when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc we see real hysteria coast to coast.
Says one of the most hysterical of all ...

Clearwater, FL

#160673 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Says one of the most hysterical of all ...
Whatever dude. A few days back in November, yep. Now not so much. In fact things are looking up. Stock market set another record. Looking forward to our new health care and more paying a fair share. Lol. Let the good times roll.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#160674 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever dude. A few days back in November, yep. Now not so much. In fact things are looking up. Stock market set another record. Looking forward to our new health care and more paying a fair share. Lol. Let the good times roll.
Now we're cookin'.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#160675 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the fact that some people get hysterical "when a ceo of a private co. says something non pc" doesn't mean that other people don't get hysterical because Obama is President of the United States, right?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160676 Mar 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
did i hurt your feelings by speaking the truth??
No, u haven't, morally and ethically u are way behind some of the ancient civilizations!! Throwing bombs on innocent children in Iraq is disgusting and barbaric!!

No, u r the last civilized people on earth, u took ideas from ALL civilization, stole everything from other countries and made your own home stronger. Just admit it, why lie about it?

Empires always fall, just give it time!! There will be another empire that will arise and this one will fall!! That's life!!
Why do u people take your countries side so much, why can't u stand up for the truth??
Why do we take our country's side???

Ummm...maybe it's because we LOVE our country? You think that might be it? Maybe that has something to do with it?

"Took ideas from all civilization"--sure, why not? I don't know of any civilization throughout history which didn't learn from other peoples and civilizations. It's well known, for instance, that the ancient Romans adopted the gods of the Greeks, renamed them and made them their own, and many of the ideals that Western civilization is founded on have their roots in the old Greek city-states and in Biblical history.

"Stole everything from other countries"--gimme me a break. I don't know much about Indian history, but I know enough that I don't think Indian civilization has even the slightest claim to moral or intellectual superiority.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160677 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>When the United States tried to buy what used to be Northern Mexico and is now the Southwestern United States, they refused. We provoked a war with them, defeated them, then paid them the money.

If you're not able or willing to distinguish between European countries and the United States, there's nothing for us to talk about. The fact that the U.S. was originally settled by Europeans means nothing. The fact that horrible things happened in this country in the past means nothing to today.
Well said.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#160678 Mar 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
The subject of gay marriage deserves a more serious approach than bringing up inter-species relationships (since only humans are capable of consent) or relationships with inanimate objects.
Since there have always been people arguing for polygamy, I'm sure some polygamists will say 'why not us'. That's their right. Even with that, there's no domino effect in play here. It doesn't follow that if you change the gender requirements for two people in a civil marriage, you would have to allow three or four or whatever.
So you say. It was reported this very afternoon that there's at least (1) trio waiting in the wings to see if Doma is shot down.
Once the door is open, how could you possibly allow one and not the other?

As for your opening admonition, so what? You have ONE human wanting to marry his dog or horse. Ask a horse to count to 5, what can he do? He drags his front hoof 5 times on the floor. OK so ask the horse if he consents to marry his rider. If yes, count to 1, if no count to 2.

You're much closer to being correct on inanimate objects, UNLESS
the freakin' courts rule that for inanimate objects, only 1 party consent is necessary. Some gal in France wants to marry the Eiffel Tower. In Europe ANYthing is possible. And if it flies in Europe, who's to say it won't be coming to town near you?

Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Hardly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min River Tam 110,663
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 39 min stirringYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min Devil number 666 982,117
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,907
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 58 min ardith 246
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Nacked Truth 46,200
Why does shopping feel so good? 3 hr why i shop 2
More from around the web