Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160586 Mar 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
GREAT point, my BB pal :)
Where has DS been hiding lately? Do you know?
Have no idea where DS is, but truly hope he rejoins the lunacy soon.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#160587 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a very clear belief system. I don't "play it as I go."
And I post only for myself.
So you admit there is no real feeling behind what you say. it's all just a game. You must get that from being an attorney. I understand that you can know a client is guilty and still defend them. It's your job, I understand that. But we're talking politics here.
if I am wrong then please explain to me how you can empathize with illegals (as I do) and still think what Clementia is saying is okay. Just asking.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#160588 Mar 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
I'm reading a book on a school shooting where the shooter was bullied from the time he was six. Though it's not a defense, they tried to mount the defense that the cruel actions of the "popular" kids drove him to a place where there was no way out. One of the popular kids when asked why he felt the need to keep certain people down said, "how would we know who we are if we don't remind them who they are?" That pretty much is what castes, and classes are all about.
I know some Guatemalan undocumented aliens who are in the same situation in our country, the same as schoolchildren who are bullied.

They are bullied.

So that the bulliers will know "who they are".

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160589 Mar 26, 2013
What lunacy?
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160590 Mar 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I said we've made mistakes , bad ones but I believe we try very hard not to repeat our mistakes and to do better. You know my stance on illegals and the republican platform did not say that. You buy into alot of foolishness for a lawyer. Now as for Clementia, please don't tell me you support what she's saying. Look up what they did in the name of caste in India.
The fact that my country has made mistakes doesn't mean I can't point out wrongdoing. If that were true I couldn't be a parent.
It has come to my attention now and many times before that you don't really have a belief system, you just play it as you go. Otherwise you could not believe wholeheartedly in the rights of illegal immigrants and still say what Clementia is saying is okay. Right?
LOL! Too many Mistakes (oxymoronic to say the least) oh Yea try these words " Criminal negligence!" Why war mongering Bush And co. been tried for War Crimes against Humanity at the International War Crimes Tribunal?

BWHAHAHAHAHHAAA

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160591 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We decimated the native Americans, many of whom live on reservations today.
We embarked on enslaving Africans, who were considered chattel and not true humans.
We interned the Japanese.
Even today, we treat Hispanic immigrants as if they were lesser beings. The Republican party platform in the 2012 presidential election included a "deport the grandmother" policy.
And you feel you can criticize other countries' practices?
Charity begins in the home.
I have no reason to argue with anything you've listed here, and yes, I feel I can criticize other countries practices.

United States

#160592 Mar 26, 2013
DENG wrote:
DENG wrote:
GEORGE W BUSH MURDERED AT LEAST 16 MILLION AFGHANS AND IRAQIS AND HIS PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE CRUEL AND UNUSAL LIKE BEING CRUSHED BETWEEN TWO 100 TON SLABS OF GRANITE 0VER A PERIOD OF 3 DAYS.
THEY'RE PROBABLY RUNNING AROUND LOOKING FOR FOOD IN THE U.S. AND HAVE NO TIME FOR THINKING ABOUT THE STINKING TORTURE GULAGS THERE IN THE UNITED STATES.
<quoted text>
Boy, you know more about US than most Americans.:o

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#160593 Mar 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
What lunacy?
Welcome to the 21st Century.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160594 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher, how did you know which car insurance I have???

United States

#160595 Mar 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The only question I have asked you is if you'd ever lived in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
As to the 100,000 who died - that's horrible, certainly, but those aren't all deaths from American military activity.
The majority of those people, like the hundreds of thousands of refugees who fled Iraq sectarian violence between Shia, Sunni, and Kurds. I've been arguing on this thread that U.S. mistakes are at least in part responsible for some of that for five and a half years, btw.
Thousands of Iraqis were dying every year, mostly children, as a result of Saddam's refusal to admit he was complying with U.N. sanctions on his former WMD programs. That's not happening any more. Saddam's goon squads aren't running around killing opponents of the regime or people who pissed off some apparatchik in his government, either.
So ... how do you figure the positives and negatives in a situation like this? That's a really hard nut to crack. Some of the people you've been arguing with will gloss right over the fact that the U.S. did in fact kill Iraqis, more of them than we should have, and they'll scream like banshees when you admit that U.S. mistakes played a huge role in allowing the sectarian violence to spiral out of control.
I know that's not what you've been saying - but what you've been saying is no better. You're ready to blame every death in Iraq after 2003 on the U.S. You'll ignore the Iraqis who killed other Iraqis, the activities of al Qaeda and Iran (possibly Syria) and other foreign elements that stirred up and contributed to that violence. You'll gloss over the horror that Saddam perpetrated on his own people for years, just to point out the flaws in the U.S.
My point, I guess, is simple - there are no easy, simple answers to ANY of this. There's no clear cut good guys and bad guys.
And our US take advantage of situation... Come on Us been agt it for more than 5 years plus in iraqwq, how long we been in the Middle East , try a Century or more...

I smell another DECEPTICon in our mist, you know what that means?
BWHAHHAAAA

United States

#160596 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the 21st Century.
I thought it era of HomoErectus ?
HEHEHEHE
lisw

Delaware, OH

#160597 Mar 26, 2013
Just a comment on Scotus looking at proposition 8 in California and whether the voters wishes should be honored. There are some things that are not the right of voters to decide ( or judges either for that matter) Civil rights issues are some of them. They should just be. Of course I don't have the answer as to to whether gay marriage is a civil right. I think the right to be born is a civil right but you know that many don't agree. But we do have the right to pursue happiness.

United States

#160598 Mar 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
interjecting! Did you know corrupted US Pilfered you elderly medicare , and reduced Social security that don't meet inflation measure , to care less about US employment development and forgot about failing American Education system, and reduction in Social p rograms that keep society styable...and used most of it to feed the US militaristic industrail Complex Agendas of ill repute to reuining of our US civil liberties to the incite the growth of enemies worldwide because of our US militariastic imperAILism Agendas, to ruining of US by US macroeconomic warfare on Americans and world peoples livelihood... U ignorance is blissfully unbounded and foolish... BWHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAa
Roberta G

Tucker, GA

#160599 Mar 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
I'm reading a book on a school shooting where the shooter was bullied from the time he was six. Though it's not a defense, they tried to mount the defense that the cruel actions of the "popular" kids drove him to a place where there was no way out. One of the popular kids when asked why he felt the need to keep certain people down said, "how would we know who we are if we don't remind them who they are?" That pretty much is what castes, and classes are all about.
Ouch. That just kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#160600 Mar 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Sorry, the Uidiotguy interjected.

United States

#160601 Mar 26, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't my point. Allow me to refresh yer memory from 12 hrs ago:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As I've mentioned b4 in here, alliances change all the time, depending on a nations' leader, and what they have in mind. My example is Japan. They bombed Pearl Harbor in Dec 1941, and today they are one of our best allies.
<quoted text>
I never said anything of the kind. Internal strife plagues Iraq, and there are still elements there, determined to see Iraq fail in it's bid to be a democratic nation. Iran is a major player in that regard, and they have the majority Shi'ia in Iraq backing them.
All we can do is train the Iraqi police & military. They already have their Parliament set up, so it'll be up to the Iraqis themselves to move in a certain direction.
<quoted text>
NO! They are not so much more powerful than America. But Obama will NOT stand up to them the way Ronald Reagan, or JFK, or hell even GW Bush did.
Obama thinks these ruthless murderers can be tamed with either diplomacy or sanctions. They simply scoff at diplomacy, and sanctions will only work when all other countries are on board with us. But too many other countries are sympathetic to terrorists or rogue nations.
lOL! An what a good Us ally , as japan even renounce US for its Macroeconomic Warfare on their japanese economy and US military for it bullying , too denied them to develop Nuke submarines... what ally US is! BWHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAa

United States

#160602 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some Guatemalan undocumented aliens who are in the same situation in our country, the same as schoolchildren who are bullied.
They are bullied.
So that the bulliers will know "who they are".
Does Lisw , Robertg, bad bob... know about US bullying Guatemalans?

WWW probably rolling his eyes at me right know for speaking up. BWHAHaHAAAa
UidiotRACEMAKEW0 RLDPEACE

United States

#160605 Mar 27, 2013
DENG wrote:
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't my point. Allow me to refresh yer memory from 12 hrs ago:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As I've mentioned b4 in here, alliances change all the time, depending on a nations' leader, and what they have in mind. My example is Japan. They bombed Pearl Harbor in Dec 1941, and today they are one of our best allies.
<quoted text>
I never said anything of the kind. Internal strife plagues Iraq, and there are still elements there, determined to see Iraq fail in it's bid to be a democratic nation. Iran is a major player in that regard, and they have the majority Shi'ia in Iraq backing them.
All we can do is train the Iraqi police & military. They already have their Parliament set up, so it'll be up to the Iraqis themselves to move in a certain direction.
<quoted text>
NO! They are not so muc
h more powerful than America. But Obama will NOT stand up to them the way Ronald Reagan, or JFK, or hell even GW Bush did.
Obama thinks these ruthless murderers can be tamed with either diplomacy or sanctions. They simply scoff at diplomacy, and sanctions will only work when all other countries are on board with us. But too many other countries are sympathetic to terrorists or rogue nations.
FROM DECEMBER 1, 1941, ONWARDS THE PREDIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES ROOSEVELT WAS GETTING REGULAR UPDATES ON THE POSITION OF THE JAPANESE FLEET HEADING FOR PEARL HARBOR FROM HIS INTELLIGENCE SERVICES, SO HE KNEW THE FLEET'S EXACT POSITIONS AT ALL TIMES AND HE JUST LET THE JAPANESE ATTACK TO GET INTO THE WORLD WAR 2.
<quoted text>
The US blocked Japanese trade route to S.E. Asia for food and necessities to run there economy and people starved because warring US trade blockade, in first place imperialistic US invaded Asia region first , no wonder incited japs to war.

United States

#160606 Mar 27, 2013
USA Senator Wayne Morse (D-OR), 1967
"
We're going to become guilty, in my judgment, of being the greatest threat to the peace of the world. It's an ugly reality, and we Americans don't like to face up to it. I hate to think of the chapter of American history that's going to be written in the future in connection with our outlawry in Southeast Asia.

United States

#160607 Mar 27, 2013
GW Bush, September 27, 2001 - speech to Congress
Why do they hate us?
by Peter Ford
Christian Science Monitor , September 27, 2001

"Why do they hate us?"

asked President Bush in his speech to Congress

Answer

the injustice done to the Palestinians, the cruelty of continued sanctions against Iraq, the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia, the repressive and corrupt nature of US-backed Gulf governments, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Bonk 71,283
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 35 min Johnny 447,319
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min Dang Jersey Piney 994,983
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 2 hr Johnny 62
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 2 hr fiteqprpr 481
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr FathrFlanagan Bug... 699,333
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Stormy Marriages 711