Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#160256 Mar 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another great thing: Hardly any Republicans.
Never mind any checks & balance huh, chaser? Just keep the CA monarchy in place. But your freakin' monarchy has been steering CA to bankruptcy. Some LA suburbs have already declared long ago.

Businesses leaving for Texas and other "friendlier" states,$18B
in debt, and Sacramento's solution, just keep raising taxes.

You're a big part of the problem dumass, and have been for quite some time.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160257 Mar 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We've barely started.
BTW, why isn't Michelle qualified?
Was she born in Kenya too?
Don't do that.
Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and I have never suggested he wasn't.
===
Michelle for VP? Great. You go for popular and I'll go with the brains and the resume.
Put Michelle toe to toe with Condi Rice in a debate.

I'll bring the popcorn.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160258 Mar 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider hiring one to handle your investments. They have a higher success rate than liberals and aren't apt to lose a bundle of your money investing in-------> windmills.
Do you know what the losses were for Obama's green investments?
Oopsie!
If I recall correctly, 500 million for Solyndra alone. What I'd like to know is, how much of that is now living peacefully in Swiss banks?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160259 Mar 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A president must have the ability to draw the best people to his administration, the ability to work with the opposition, and the insight to make good judgments.
He brought his buddies to DC from Chicago to surround himself with and they're aren't by any stretch of the imagination America's finest. He is unable/unwilling to work with the opposition and his ideology from which he will not waver, swamps his ability to make good judgements.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160261 Mar 16, 2013
Good night, folks. I'm unusually sleepy and this is Saturday night anyway.

BB, I'm glad to see you, I've been wondering where you were :) DS, too.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160262 Mar 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Kelsey Grammar lost a bundle on green energy. he said he thought he couldn't lose when government was investing so much. Funny, I would have thought the opposite.
.....and he's a republican. I bet he won't do that again.
Riki

Netherlands

#160263 Mar 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do that.
Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and I have never suggested he wasn't.
===
Michelle for VP? Great. You go for popular and I'll go with the brains and the resume.
Put Michelle toe to toe with Condi Rice in a debate.
I'll bring the popcorn.
Condi Rice? You mean your "National Security Adviser" on September 11 (presumably a failure of national security!) who was later promoted to Secretary of State by "Heckuvajob" Bush? Was she promoted because she was competent or because she was connected and played her role well?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160264 Mar 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text> Agree or disagree, that wasn't the question. You asked, "What has he done?" This implies that he's done nothing. I wonder if we can set that frequent, obtusely vague, question to rest. Do you dispute that he signed the Fair Pay Act? Do you dispute that major Al Qaeda leaders have been killed during his administration?
The Fair Pay Act is a real dandy. How about some real jobs so we can watch it work?

The previous administration had the chessboard set up for him one step shy of check to take out bin Laden, et al. Obama got the checkmate but someone else put the peices into place.
Nice try though!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160265 Mar 16, 2013
Riki wrote:
<quoted text>
Condi Rice? You mean your "National Security Adviser" on September 11 (presumably a failure of national security!) who was later promoted to Secretary of State by "Heckuvajob" Bush? Was she promoted because she was competent or because she was connected and played her role well?
Read her bio and get back to me.
http://www.biography.com/people/condoleezza-r...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160266 Mar 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Na...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160268 Mar 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
...and more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condoleezza_Rice

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#160269 Mar 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
I have been out, enjoying our beautiful Southern California weather.

Dinner outdoors, under the stars.

Just looked at the posts of the last few hours.

Lots of activity; I approve.

The meltdowns, not so much.
Jim

Austin, TX

#160270 Mar 16, 2013
Riki wrote:
<quoted text>
Direct answers: Yes and "it's complicated."

Taking her role as National Security Adviser at face value and the official 9/11 narrative as true, she was clearly not competent. But those are untested assumptions. The fact that she was subsequently elevated to fourth-in-line to the "presidency" is an indicator that there is more to the story.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#160271 Mar 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fair Pay Act is a real dandy. How about some real jobs so we can watch it work?
The previous administration had the chessboard set up for him one step shy of check to take out bin Laden, et al. Obama got the checkmate but someone else put the peices into place.
Nice try though!
Shoot, why stop there? If FDR hadn't "set up" the OSS none of it could have happened, right? Really burns your ass that Bush was so ineffectual at catching Public Terrorist #1, I know, so grab ye straws as ye may. Fact is, Bush demobilized any forces specifically targeting bin Laden, Obama reinstated them with a vengeance. Don't fret - those facts won't ever penetrate the Fox bubble.

There's another one that's getting pretty threadbare - "Everything happened good is my guy's doin', everything bad is yours alone!" I understand - I suppose carrying "your guy's" water all those years left ya's with no shame at all.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160274 Mar 16, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say "do better," do you mean someone who is able to operate effectively within the thoroughly corrupt power establishment that has hijacked this nation? I take the opposite view: doing better means challenging entrenched and corrupt power, exposing it to the public scrutiny, making transparent that which is currently opaque.
Any "front runner" who receives Republican or Democratic party support is a servant of the corrupt establishment. That's axiomatic. The two major parties are thoroughly owned at the national level. Both Bush and Obama serve their campaign contributors: banksters and the military industrial complex and big pharma/agra. And none of these industries is remotely concerned with the welfare of human beings and the planet in general.
Rather than a major party endorsement, a better indication of the value of a candidate is whether the mainstream corporate media shuns him or her. If these candidates have no media platform from which to broadcast the issues that they consider important and their solutions to a national audience, then there is an improved chance that they are honest and a threat to the corrupt establishment.
Using this as a first approximation guide, I think a Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich administration would be "better." We might wind up with the assassination of one or both of these men (and I would not want that, of course) but the American people need to understand how thoroughly corrupt this nation has become, and how the partnership between cryptocratic government institutions and power/profit-hungry criminal cartels has completely undermined representative government, "balance of power" divisions, etc.
And Cynthia McKinney, a warrior who isn't afraid to take on the "big boys" would certainly be "better" as well.
Ron Paul, huh?

I never would have guessed...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160275 Mar 17, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Shoot, why stop there? If FDR hadn't "set up" the OSS none of it could have happened, right? Really burns your ass that Bush was so ineffectual at catching Public Terrorist #1, I know, so grab ye straws as ye may. Fact is, Bush demobilized any forces specifically targeting bin Laden, Obama reinstated them with a vengeance. Don't fret - those facts won't ever penetrate the Fox bubble.
There's another one that's getting pretty threadbare - "Everything happened good is my guy's doin', everything bad is yours alone!" I understand - I suppose carrying "your guy's" water all those years left ya's with no shame at all.
Yes, yes we know. "bin Laden is dead and GM is alive." Simple chants for simple people.

You have a short memory.
Obama vehemently opposed the enhanced interrogations performed on the courier CAPTURED UNDER BUSH at Gitmo which HE VOWED TO SHUT DOWN which LED TO BIN LADEN. It's all in the house that George built.
During the first campaign, Obama promised repeatedly he would change the course in Afghanistan and Pakistan and only decided later to abandon those promises and stay on the same track. If troops hadn't been in place in both Afghanistan and Pakistan it never would have happened and there isn't anyone on the planet who could convince me Obama would have had the boots on the ground in either country so we could get to Bin Laden.

Want a comparative of how Obama performs after such events?
Look to Benghazi. He was MIA during the attack, called in once, getting info is like pulling teeth, and we are no where close in capturing anyone responsible. Obama is a military pansy even when he sports the tough guy leather flight jacket he puts on for photo ops.
He did what he did with reluctance and for political points. He pounded his chest like Tarzan when bin Laden was killed which aggravated the he$$ out of the seals who did the deed.

You know who really comes out unscathed in hunt in getting to bin Laden?

Clinton.

Maybe he was too busy wooing Monica and then subsequently consumed with trying to keep his job. Of course if he had gotten the boot or resigned, Gore the goofball would have been the encumbant, Bush would probably not have won that election and bin Laden would still be sitting around in his pajamas watching TV and we wouldn't be talking about this.
Henri

Luxembourg

#160276 Mar 17, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Shoot, why stop there? If FDR hadn't "set up" the OSS none of it could have happened, right? Really burns your ass that Bush was so ineffectual at catching Public Terrorist #1, I know, so grab ye straws as ye may. Fact is, Bush demobilized any forces specifically targeting bin Laden, Obama reinstated them with a vengeance. Don't fret - those facts won't ever penetrate the Fox bubble.
Yes hi, remind me what bin Laden did again? Was there a trial, in which evidence of criminal wrongdoing was presented? Was there a mention of bin Laden's enduring ties to U.S. intelligence? I'm fuzzy on the justification for and details regarding the bin Laden "liquidation"...

(I have a vague recollection of this silly obsession Americans had at one time regarding "innocence until guilt was proven in a court of law"... Must have been a passing fad rather than the cornerstone of American jurisprudence as it was typically presented)
Henri

Luxembourg

#160277 Mar 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes we know. "bin Laden is dead and GM is alive." Simple chants for simple people.
You have a short memory.
Obama vehemently opposed the enhanced interrogations performed on the courier CAPTURED UNDER BUSH at Gitmo which HE VOWED TO SHUT DOWN which LED TO BIN LADEN. It's all in the house that George built.
During the first campaign, Obama promised repeatedly he would change the course in Afghanistan and Pakistan and only decided later to abandon those promises and stay on the same track. If troops hadn't been in place in both Afghanistan and Pakistan it never would have happened and there isn't anyone on the planet who could convince me Obama would have had the boots on the ground in either country so we could get to Bin Laden.
Look to Benghazi. He was MIA during the attack, called in once, getting info is like pulling teeth, and we are no where close in capturing anyone responsible. Obama is a military pansy even when he sports the tough guy leather flight jacket he puts on for photo ops.
He did what he did with reluctance and for political points. He pounded his chest like Tarzan when bin Laden was killed which aggravated the he$$ out of the seals who did the deed.
You know who really comes out unscathed in hunt in getting to bin Laden?
Clinton.
Maybe he was too busy wooing Monica and then subsequently consumed with trying to keep his job. Of course if he had gotten the boot or resigned, Gore the goofball would have been the encumbant, Bush would probably not have won that election and bin Laden would still be sitting around in his pajamas watching TV and we wouldn't be talking about this.
Ah. A student of contemporary American fiction!

Yes, good, continue.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160278 Mar 17, 2013
I know spring is coming soon and all, but it's a little early for a cockroach infestation.

I mean, where did all the truthers come from?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#160279 Mar 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a short memory.
Sure, sure, the guy who ran the black-stained EI program says so. What else would he say? In fact,(for the benefit of those who care about such silliness as facts), professionals tell us that EI is THE reason bin Laden lived another ten years. The "informant" you're talking about was Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who lied about bin Laden's courier, saying he was retired, sending the hunt down the wrong paths for near a decade. TV dramatics aside, lies and false information are the primary results of EI, according to the overwhelming consensus of military and law enforcement professionals.

George had one major chance - Tora Bora. In spite of his tough talk about terrorists and the nations who harbor them, he, through Rumsfeld, allowed bin Laden to escape to....where? Pakistan.

And where was he found almost a decade later by the next President? yeah.....ouch.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>During the first campaign, Obama promised repeatedly he would change the course in Afghanistan and Pakistan and only decided later to abandon those promises and stay on the same track. If troops hadn't been in place in both Afghanistan and Pakistan it never would have happened and there isn't anyone on the planet who could convince me Obama would have had the boots on the ground in either country so we could get to Bin Laden.
Ah, yes. Those four tragic deaths were a Godsend to your revisionist history, weren't they? You'll always have that, and you can always re-inject blood after you've squeezed the bodies dry.

Funny, when you talk about somebody sporting "a tough guy leather flight jacket he puts on for photo ops" I couldn't help but think of Codpiece George on an aircraft carrier somewhere. What did that banner over his shoulder say again? And we're still there, right? Not sure, haven't got the latest Faux-conservative talking points flyer for my Faux-conservative binder.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>He did what he did with reluctance and for political points. He pounded his chest like Tarzan when bin Laden was killed which aggravated the he$$ out of the seals who did the deed.
Reluctance? I'll stipulate that. Hell, they weren't absolutely sure he was there until they laid a laser sight on him. I would hope he made the decision to use American force with deliberation and appropriate reluctance, as opposed to previous recent examples of Presidential hubris and false bravado.

But, like you said, "he did what he did," and the architect of 9/11 and so much other carnage is dead. Thank you, Mr. President.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>You know who really comes out unscathed in hunt in getting to bin Laden?
Clinton.
Well, I'll agree with that, in part. I've always said that that was the most far-reaching fellatio in history. No BJ, no GWB, no Iraq debacle, no injection of further instability in the ME that we'll be dealing with for years to come. Reading the Plan For A New American Century, one could almost think the BJ was another neocon Godsend. Maybe Monica was neocon mole.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min quiveringanusredn... 988,435
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min swampmudd 36,691
Mother Should Trust The Goverment? 25 min Naughty Nasa 1
Main causes of bullying 36 min HFCS - What It Is 4
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 71
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 688,651
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr CongratsYouTool 6,546
More from around the web