Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#160136 Mar 12, 2013
Salaamz! & LMAO! GorGe Bush! a Hero? LAUGHABLE! That guy couldnt even tie his own shoes without assistance.HOWEVER! he singlehandedly managed to send our beloved country right into a huge toilet! I applaude His arseholiness! Cheerz
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160138 Mar 12, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
Salaamz! & LMAO! GorGe Bush! a Hero? LAUGHABLE! That guy couldnt even tie his own shoes without assistance.HOWEVER! he singlehandedly managed to send our beloved country right into a huge toilet! I applaude His arseholiness! Cheerz
Maybe it's laughable, maybe not. Let's watch al Qaeda play out, shall we? That "huge toilet" you speak of may be be coming back to play at a theatre near you.

Maybe you haven't heard but al Qaeda and it's affiliates have spread throughout the Middle East and northern Africa, transforming them into an increasingly dangerous network and it's stronger at an operational level than many experts are comfortable with. al Qaeda is in a constant state of transformation and reorganizational movement & has spread to Yemen, North Africa, Syria, Somalia, it's still very much alive in Pakistan and Afghanistan and if Israel ever falls, I predict everything will change in unimagineable ways.
With the outbreak of the Arab Spring, local affiliated al Qaeda groups have infiltrated multiple weakened locations. You may want to tune in once in a while and catch up on the news. Europe is not in good shape which adds more uncertainty to the region.

What you believe to be true today may be entirely different down the road. GWB could be considered the man with the forsight and endurance and the cojones to take the battle over there and Obama may be the president best remembered for permitting Islamic extremism to run wild like a plague.

I wouldn't laugh just yet if I were you.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#160139 Mar 12, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
Salaamz! & LMAO!...
I report posts which are excessively offensive, including this one.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#160141 Mar 12, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
Agreed, Daddy Bush who was head of the CIA new all the in's and out's. CIA = Paid assassins
https://sites.google.com/site/911whatyoumight...

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#160142 Mar 12, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I report posts which are excessively offensive, including this one.
Shouldn't you be playing with your cats or something?
Your profile
"When I'm Not on Topix:
I'm beading or playing with my cats"
"I Belong To:
Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod"
4u

Location hidden

#160143 Mar 12, 2013
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be playing with your cats or something?
Your profile
"When I'm Not on Topix:
I'm beading or playing with my cats"
"I Belong To:
Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod"
4u
I rarely click on Links even from people I like and respect, so why would I bother with yours? But thanks for looking up my profile. It's nice to know that SOMEBODY has :) Now, shouldn't YOU be in the bathroom playing with yourself?
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#160144 Mar 12, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I rarely click on Links even from people I like and respect, so why would I bother with yours? But thanks for looking up my profile. It's nice to know that SOMEBODY has :) Now, shouldn't YOU be in the bathroom playing with yourself?
Whoever he/she is sounds like a dullard. But he did make me look at your profile and I see you read CS Lewis. I haven't but wondered if you've read any of Francine Rivers novels about early Christianity. I found them to be as fun as a romance novel but inspiring.

Location hidden

#160145 Mar 12, 2013
No, Lis, never heard of her. I'll look up the name on Amazon, and thanks :)

Location hidden

#160146 Mar 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't crazy talk and calling it crazy talk is your attempt to diminish and wave away what many of us know to be a truth. Obama has a propensity to reward bad behavior and punish good behavior.

Examples? Gun control laws which will primarily effect responsible gun owners. Easy citizenship for illegal immigrants who broke the law getting in here. An entitlement extrvaganza for people not pulling their weight. Taxing outrageously those "rich white guys" because they actually worked to get the things they have so he can give out freebies with OUR money to a huge portion of his voter base.

If we parented the way this guy governs, we'd reward our kids for breaking into someone else's home and punish the kids who make something of themselves. It's a bad idea in the home and it's a bad idea for the nation.

What he should be doing with that star quality thing some of you think he has, is take to the airwaves and tell young African American women to stop having babies at 15 with some kid who will be long gone by the time the child is two. Tell young African Americans not about "revenge" voting but about the value of education. Tell them if thay want >stuff< there is a better way to get it than handouts. And instead of making news by saying if he had a son, he would have looked like Treyvon Martin, or hustling Michelle off to the funeral of a black girl or playing golf with Tiger Woods or hanging with Jay Z and Beyonce.......{gee, do you notice a pattern there?} maybe he ought to be little less obvious that big government is the answer to everything.

We're not stupid. His way is a road to power and democrats have been doing this for decades. I submit if it worked, we wouldn't be in the financial boat we're in now.

Take a look at the 10 most failed cities in the country.
Wanna take a guess as to which party has been holding the reins?
PHENOMENAL post, Lyndi! I particularly admired your "If we parented..." paragraph :)
UidiotRaceMakwPe ace

United States

#160147 Mar 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I explained to you that using Reverend Wright for 20 years as a mentor with his "God Damn America" speeches if not SCARY was disturbing and his lessons are deeply ingrained in Obama. He taught him to turn the tables on the white folk, level the playing field through whatever means necessary, get the money, build an underclass and keep the power.
And if you follow Obama's behavior he's throwing the little people scraps while he's running around living the high life like a kid in a candy store. Is that an elitist or should we just chalk it up to someone who falls into the category of nouveau-riche because having money and power is new to him and he's still in the giddy stage?
You can take the boy out of Chicago but you can't take Chicago out of the boy.
God, this is going to be a long 4 years.
aND cHRISTAINS JUST like Islam , is on Obama watch list; both and you Christians,are not exempted. It fault of you right Wing Americans who had ruined US and the World with u war machines! Enjoy And hope u and you generations and after get rotten fruits for what u elders did to our US! The young Americans and world will curse you for what u did to US and the World!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160148 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rude and unbecoming, no matter what your political views are.
Oh, give it a rest. That was nothing. If I told you what I really think of Obama, I'd report my own post for vulgarity and start looking out my window for drones.

And you aren't one to talk anyway. You have referred to the Catholic Church as an "international pedophlile crime syndicate" which is rude and unbecoming no matter what your religious beliefs are and that didn't stop you.
=====

And while I have you on the phone Mr. Duplicitous, remember this post?
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like country music.
However, I don't denigrate those who do like it.
And for those who do like country music, denigrate means put down.
Seems you're the one who needs the vocabulary lesson.
Denigrate- criticize unfairly, belittle, disparage, blacken, mock slander, defame, vilify, asperse, malign

You may not DENIGRATE those who like country music but you sure DENIGRATE daily those who's religious and political beliefs differ from yours. It's curious to me why I don't see you post on threads which declare and support your beliefs instead of just parking your tepee on threads where your primary MO is to put down the beliefs of others.

....maybe it's because your positions and beliefs are so hard to defend and you're a low information American with nothing in your arsenal but a "feel good" plan.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#160149 Mar 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, give it a rest. That was nothing. If I told you what I really think of Obama, I'd report my own post for vulgarity and start looking out my window for drones.
And you aren't one to talk anyway. You have referred to the Catholic Church as an "international pedophlile crime syndicate" which is rude and unbecoming no matter what your religious beliefs are and that didn't stop you.
=====
And while I have you on the phone Mr. Duplicitous, remember this post?
<quoted text>
Seems you're the one who needs the vocabulary lesson.
Denigrate- criticize unfairly, belittle, disparage, blacken, mock slander, defame, vilify, asperse, malign
You may not DENIGRATE those who like country music but you sure DENIGRATE daily those who's religious and political beliefs differ from yours. It's curious to me why I don't see you post on threads which declare and support your beliefs instead of just parking your tepee on threads where your primary MO is to put down the beliefs of others.
....maybe it's because your positions and beliefs are so hard to defend and you're a low information American with nothing in your arsenal but a "feel good" plan.
That I engage in lighthearted humor does not minimize your lack of respect for the office of President of our great country.

And speaking of drones....
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#160150 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That I engage in lighthearted humor does not minimize your lack of respect for the office of President of our great country.
And speaking of drones....
Lyndi appears to have your number and speaking of a little humor. How do you know that much of what is said about Obama here is not humor. Humor helps to cope with what you find horrendous. And Obama is horrendous (as a president i.e. he probably made a great community organizer)
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#160151 Mar 13, 2013
Another thing that shows Obama leads us to a ruling class whether he wants it or not is his offer to let anyone stay for a night at the whitehouse with a 500,000 donation to his campaign group to gain the house in 2014. It just occurred to me that may be why he decided to cut out white house tours. It didn't save any money but made the stay at the whitehouse that much more alluring.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160152 Mar 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
Another thing that shows Obama leads us to a ruling class whether he wants it or not is his offer to let anyone stay for a night at the whitehouse with a 500,000 donation to his campaign group to gain the house in 2014. It just occurred to me that may be why he decided to cut out white house tours. It didn't save any money but made the stay at the whitehouse that much more alluring.
Is this that humor you were telling Catcher about?

Location hidden

#160154 Mar 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you believe your opinions to be 'the truth.'
I don't think it's true. I think it's crazy talk not very different from the kind 'truth' proclaimed by the rebels without a clue in Occupy.
They don't think they're stupid, either.

You might be surprised at how much of what Cosby said I agree with, ditto with at least some of the things that you suggest Obama should use his star power/bully pulpit to point out.

There's even just enough truth to what you say about the tactics Democrats use to win election, enough to make it plausible IF you're not aware that there are other tactics used by Republicans to win elections.

What I wonder is if you know that you're using those?
Willie, even if you agree only a little with what Cosby said, how on earth can you defend Obama and so much of the Democratic party? And you DO defend them, you know it and so does every other regular on this thread. I know you're a Democrat and a liberal, I understand that. But you are ALSO an absolutely brilliant man, one of the smartest people I've ever met online or offline, AND you have common sense.

There is no doubt, NO doubt whatsoever, that Obama is using that bully pulpit, and every other means at his disposal, to increase government control over the lives of ordinary Americans, and to encourage Americans to rely on the government to look after even the most mundane details of their lives. With your knowledge of law and of history, you know very well that this is COMPLETELY opposite to one of the most important ideas on which this country was founded: that the government is to have limited power, it is NOT to interfere in people's lives, and that most people are not only capable of looking after themselves, but prefer to do so.

Willie, HOW can you defend Obama, and I'd also like to know, WHY are you doing it?

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#160155 Mar 13, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, even if you agree only a little with what Cosby said, how on earth can you defend Obama and so much of the Democratic party? And you DO defend them, you know it and so does every other regular on this thread. I know you're a Democrat and a liberal, I understand that. But you are ALSO an absolutely brilliant man, one of the smartest people I've ever met online or offline, AND you have common sense.
There is no doubt, NO doubt whatsoever, that Obama is using that bully pulpit, and every other means at his disposal, to increase government control over the lives of ordinary Americans, and to encourage Americans to rely on the government to look after even the most mundane details of their lives. With your knowledge of law and of history, you know very well that this is COMPLETELY opposite to one of the most important ideas on which this country was founded: that the government is to have limited power, it is NOT to interfere in people's lives, and that most people are not only capable of looking after themselves, but prefer to do so.
Willie, HOW can you defend Obama, and I'd also like to know, WHY are you doing it?
I believe the following is utter rubbish:

"Obama is...increas[ing] government control over the lives of ordinary Americans, and to encourage Americans to rely on the government to look after even the most mundane details of their lives".

I do not believe what you are saying is true, any more than I believed Bush was 'tearing up the Constitution' in going to war in Iraq or in prosecuting the war on terror or any of the other things that some people who opposed him bleated.

It's really simple. If I was scornful of false and ridiculous criticism of a President I didn't vote for either time, why would I not be scornful of the same sort of absurdities when they're hurled at one I did vote for?

No doubt? Hardly.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#160156 Mar 13, 2013
I was watching CNN today, while the debate over a bill designed to 'prevent the HHS from waiving (upon state application) the FEDERAL welfare-to-work requirement IN ORDER TO FACILITATE IMPLEMENTING STATE-BY-STATE PLANS' raged in the House of Representatives. I was appalled at the folks who were for this measure. The measure seeks to insist on Federal rules, in place of assenting to any State's request to implement its OWN welfare to work plans. I thought allowing states latitude in implementing Federal law, in order to best serve the people of a particular state, was the whole idea behind de-centralization of the government. And isn't that what Republicans/conservatives are about? So confusing.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#160157 Mar 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
I was watching CNN today, while the debate over a bill designed to 'prevent the HHS from waiving (upon state application) the FEDERAL welfare-to-work requirement IN ORDER TO FACILITATE IMPLEMENTING STATE-BY-STATE PLANS' raged in the House of Representatives. I was appalled at the folks who were for this measure. The measure seeks to insist on Federal rules, in place of assenting to any State's request to implement its OWN welfare to work plans. I thought allowing states latitude in implementing Federal law, in order to best serve the people of a particular state, was the whole idea behind de-centralization of the government. And isn't that what Republicans/conservatives are about? So confusing.
Your answer is right here on this page, SKL.

The thinking goes that Obama doesn't really want people to get off welfare. He doesn't really want to give states the authority to waive the five year requirement, he wants to encourage dependency on the state.

So ... you may THINK that what some governors have requested is based on the current economy, but (according to that thinking) you'd be wrong. It's all part of Obama's master plan.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#160158 Mar 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Your answer is right here on this page, SKL.
The thinking goes that Obama doesn't really want people to get off welfare. He doesn't really want to give states the authority to waive the five year requirement, he wants to encourage dependency on the state.
So ... you may THINK that what some governors have requested is based on the current economy, but (according to that thinking) you'd be wrong. It's all part of Obama's master plan.
Thanks for this.
I had a link to a site called 'The Hill', which started off thusly:
"The House voted Wednesday to block the Obama administration's attempt to waive a requirement that people must work or prepare for a job in order to receive federal welfare benefits." But that's not EVEN what the bill was really about, as far as I could discern from the debate.

As I said, it's very confusing.
And thanks for not referring to me as 'shovel' too.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristineM 750,674
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 548,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min who 261,663
Last Word + 2 15 min andet1987 854
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 17 min andet1987 4,316
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min superwilly 229,984
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 20 min abby 25
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min Blk Thndr 602,173
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search