lisw

Sardinia, OH

#160024 Mar 8, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How frustrating it must be for you and lisw to put up with inferior defective people intruding on your private chat board, Lyndi.
You claim people on the left don't answer your posts, but the truth is you are consistently very crude about shifting any conversation immediately back to what you want to talk about, working in a few cheap sound bytes and talking points, then whining foul when people don't play by your rules.
I reserve the right to point that out when you do it, and if you don't like that - even better.
Wow again, Willie. I guess my skills are getting rusty. I sure had you pegged wrong.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#160025 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about how I feel: I don't like to see people suffer.
But you don't know what I do to make things better.
Now which is it. Do things need to be better and you are doing something about it (I never said you didn't) or are they hunky dory?
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160026 Mar 8, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" do?
Well tell "Mr. They" that maybe it's because the left won't respond directly or with much detail to our comments, concerns and questions regarding this administrations actions, policies and end results.
Maybe instead of calling our comments "whiney" and "paranoid" and telling us it must be Fox News or Faux News{the overly used nickname which stopped being amusing ---> years ago but still gives fuel to your your Obama propaganda machine} that must be polluting our ability to think, you might actually stop playing dodge ball and get to the meat of some of these topics.
I have thrown a number of issues out for discussion and get nothing much back.
Here, address this one.
In the internal email, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service official Charles Brown said he asked if he could try to spread out the sequester cuts in his region to minimize the impact, and he said he was told not to do anything that would lessen the dire impacts Congress had been warned of.
“We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be,” Mr. Brown, in the internal email, said his superiors told him.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Not Obama Fan nor a Bush Fan.
Not lib nor NeoCon/Con , sure not on left nor Right.
My answer to Faux Noise as most our US Media is Corporatist impacrt controls, wake up time. You answers about Faux noise. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T4MCDT1... . You get a thrill!

As to environmental impact, you US War mongering/War/raw resource-for-profitering right wing nuts ruined our Water, land, air... and you have nerve to blame and complain, if you only can fathom and ruminate in mirror. Eat and drink ACID rain and oil sludge, and breath foul sulphurous fumes, toxic lands... hope you and warmongering right wing monsters generations and after Enjoy all the posions...! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAa
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160027 Mar 8, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How frustrating it must be for you and lisw to put up with inferior defective people intruding on your private chat board, Lyndi.
You claim people on the left don't answer your posts, but the truth is you are consistently very crude about shifting any conversation immediately back to what you want to talk about, working in a few cheap sound bytes and talking points, then whining foul when people don't play by your rules.
I reserve the right to point that out when you do it, and if you don't like that - even better.
Them warmongering right wing peons can only bully weaker of society ...

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160028 Mar 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I had to wait to get back to you as I had to take my "chrysler" in for a recall issue.
Perhaps the old story fits Catcher the best (Lyndi's a good ant) and I was reading his junk at the same time, but you are so cavalier, you could easily be a grasshopper. "No big deal, it's happened before, that's not what is going on" etc. It's all fiddling. I didn't see Rove's meltdown but even so I can understand it. Something happened that I think we will look at years from now with surprise. The Republicans did look like they'd win, then Obama cried and the polls were open and someday we'll have the rest of the story. Obama really is the worst thing to happen to this country and no it sure isn't because he's black it's because he's a very poor candidate for president, but along with that a very scary idealogue. All I can hope for right now is someone to come along and undo some of the damage
I can understand Rove being shocked and disappointed in the election results, but if he's half the political operative he's been given credit for (and he is) there's no way he could be shocked or surprised that the networks, including Fox, called a state (Ohio, I think) based on the data they had.

As to the rest - if by cavalier you mean I don't share your paranoia about Obama any more than I shared the paranoia about the guy before him, I plead guilty.

I think ETC called me an ostrich rather than an ant, though.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#160029 Mar 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Now which is it. Do things need to be better and you are doing something about it (I never said you didn't) or are they hunky dory?
The economy is improving, as I said earlier.

Many things require improvement. I try to do my part.

We are far from a "hunky dory" situation, but I am optimistic about the future.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#160030 Mar 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>However the grasshopper wasn't catty.(wow Willie)
Ants and grasshoppers and "you don't really care about people?

Please.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#160031 Mar 8, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I can understand Rove being shocked and disappointed in the election results, but if he's half the political operative he's been given credit for (and he is) there's no way he could be shocked or surprised that the networks, including Fox, called a state (Ohio, I think) based on the data they had.
As to the rest - if by cavalier you mean I don't share your paranoia about Obama any more than I shared the paranoia about the guy before him, I plead guilty.
I think ETC called me an ostrich rather than an ant, though.
Catcher's an ostrich and if you're an ant you sure don't want anyone else to be.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#160032 Mar 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Wow again, Willie. I guess my skills are getting rusty. I sure had you pegged wrong.
If I only had a nickel for how many times you've said that. If I was you I'd be gettin outa the profiling biz....
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#160033 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy is improving, as I said earlier.
Many things require improvement. I try to do my part.
We are far from a "hunky dory" situation, but I am optimistic about the future.
Oh okay. I was hearing "hunky dory" My bad. if I think things are kind of bad it must be because I'm watching nieces and nephews returning home to their parents because they can't make it on their own (at ages 30-35) I'm seeing friends and family jobless. It must just be in my little corner.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#160034 Mar 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Catcher's an ostrich and if you're an ant you sure don't want anyone else to be.
By many indicators, the economy is improving. That is a fact. Has it "trickled down" yet to the middle-class? Well, according to supply-side economic theory, which is still the Republicans primary fiscal plank, big things should be happening.

Here again, as in the "less taxes equal more revenue" meme, we are out of philosophical abstracts and into reality. Jobs should be trickling down. So, where's the beef?
XYZYOMOMMAUPASS

United States

#160035 Mar 8, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>By many indicators, the economy is improving. That is a fact. Has it "trickled down" yet to the middle-class? Well, according to supply-side economic theory, which is still the Republicans primary fiscal plank, big things should be happening.
Here again, as in the "less taxes equal more revenue" meme, we are out of philosophical abstracts and into reality. Jobs should be trickling down. So, where's the beef?
Reagan RigNomics or is Voodoo Economics?

WBHAHAHAHAAA
UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160036 Mar 8, 2013
That me above Excuse! BWHAHAHHAAA
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#160037 Mar 8, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>By many indicators, the economy is improving. That is a fact. Has it "trickled down" yet to the middle-class? Well, according to supply-side economic theory, which is still the Republicans primary fiscal plank, big things should be happening.
trickling down from where? the theory of trickle-down economics comes from the idea that if industry is doing well then jobs and increased salaries result.(which btw has worked for a long time) industry (in the form of small businesses and corporations) can't get better because they are meeting new expenses that have nothing to do with jobs or expansion. Some corporations are only doing okay because Obama has bolstered them up but they are beginning to fail again. I know, I know the stockmarket is doing well. Do you know how little the stockmarket has to do with jobs and the well-being of mainstream America?
Lost In Transition

United States

#160038 Mar 8, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's a question at all (in my mind) it is if and just how long will the citizenry tolerate open-ended and ill-defined declarations of "war" such as the "Cold War" and today's "War On Terror".
I'm with ya. And what's with that "War on Poverty"? Now 50 years, and 17 $trillion$ dollars later, what did we get? We got the highest number of people in poverty ever, both in raw numbers and as a percentage of population. Woo-Hoo, wave that flag! No, not THAT one. The white one.
And how about that "War on Drugs"? Another $trillion$ plus, and we've reaped the largest non-violent prison population on the face of the planet. And to add insult to injury, you can buy any drug you want from within those very prison walls. Another government promoted, and directed, success story.
And now we "pivot", building up our military presence throughout the pacific, Far East and East Africa in preperation for a coming "war". We'll have to wait and see what catchy name this one garners. And just over the horizon, global climate change and income inequality are just begging for a fat lip. And a load of our tax dollars. Seriously, I'm with ya Hip. When do we tell our government no more wars.

San Francisco, CA

#160039 Mar 8, 2013
AP story, today:

WASHINGTON (AP)— The American job market isn't just growing. It's accelerating.

Employers added 236,000 jobs in February and drove down the unemployment rate to 7.7 percent, its lowest level in more than four years. The gains signal that companies are confident enough in the economy to intensify hiring even in the face of tax increases and government spending cuts.

Last month capped a fourth-month hiring spree in which employers have added an average of 205,000 jobs a month. The hiring has been fueled by steady improvement in housing, auto sales, manufacturing and corporate profits, along with record-low borrowing rates.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160041 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
AP story, today:
WASHINGTON (AP)— The American job market isn't just growing. It's accelerating.
Employers added 236,000 jobs in February and drove down the unemployment rate to 7.7 percent, its lowest level in more than four years. The gains signal that companies are confident enough in the economy to intensify hiring even in the face of tax increases and government spending cuts.
Last month capped a fourth-month hiring spree in which employers have added an average of 205,000 jobs a month. The hiring has been fueled by steady improvement in housing, auto sales, manufacturing and corporate profits, along with record-low borrowing rates.
Thanks for the Cinderella story from some junior reporter from Associated Press, Catcher. Now let's take a look at what grown ups are reading.

Wage Recession Hits 5 Years; Worse Than Jobs Drought
Wed, Feb 27 2013
Investor's Business Daily

As bad as the current job recovery has been — and it's by far the weakest since World War II — the recovery in wages has been far worse.

Five years after the recession began in December 2007, total wages in the economy have yet to fully recover in real terms, Commerce Department data show. In other words, the wage recession continues.

By comparison, the longest previous post-war wage recession, which began with the 2001 downturn, was over in 2-1/2 years, even though that jobs recession lasted four years.

In recoveries past, wage recessions have ended long before payrolls hit new highs. But in the current expansion, wages and employment are on the same slow track to recovery. Both remain about 2% below their old peaks.

Sixty months after the start of the 2001 recession, where we are now in the current cycle, wages were already nearly 8% above their prior peak, though payrolls were just 2% higher. A similar recovery would have boosted current wages by about $650 billion annually.

The early 1980s, marked by high inflation, saw real wages recover from one recession only to fall again before staging a more durable rebound. But the current wage recession has outlasted even that era of real wage stagnation.

The simplest explanation as to why wages have been so sluggish in this recovery is that the depth of job losses eroded employee bargaining power more than usual.

While it may not be true in all industries and specializations, the broad oversupply of labor means that workers have tended to feel fortunate to have a steady job, even without the gravy of pay hikes that outstrip inflation.

Another factor has been the underlying job shift since the end of 2007, with the bulk of the lingering losses in industries that tend to pay pretty well.

Compared to five years ago, there are 3.5 million fewer construction and manufacturing jobs and 1 million fewer jobs in financial services and government.

"Job quality is rapidly emerging as a second front in the struggling recovery," the National Employment Law Project, a low-wage worker advocacy group, concluded in a study in August. NELP found that lower-wage occupations accounted for 21% of the recession's job losses but 58% of the recovery's job gains.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/economy/022813-6461...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Read this sentence again.
"NELP found that lower-wage occupations accounted for 21% of the recession's job losses but 58% of the recovery's job gains.

Do you get what that sentence says or should I explain it to you?

Long Beach, CA

#160042 Mar 8, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the Cinderella story from some junior reporter from Associated Press, Catcher. Now let's take a look at what grown ups are reading.
Wage Recession Hits 5 Years; Worse Than Jobs Drought
Wed, Feb 27 2013
Investor's Business Daily
As bad as the current job recovery has been — and it's by far the weakest since World War II — the recovery in wages has been far worse.
Five years after the recession began in December 2007, total wages in the economy have yet to fully recover in real terms, Commerce Department data show. In other words, the wage recession continues.
By comparison, the longest previous post-war wage recession, which began with the 2001 downturn, was over in 2-1/2 years, even though that jobs recession lasted four years.
In recoveries past, wage recessions have ended long before payrolls hit new highs. But in the current expansion, wages and employment are on the same slow track to recovery. Both remain about 2% below their old peaks.
Sixty months after the start of the 2001 recession, where we are now in the current cycle, wages were already nearly 8% above their prior peak, though payrolls were just 2% higher. A similar recovery would have boosted current wages by about $650 billion annually.
The early 1980s, marked by high inflation, saw real wages recover from one recession only to fall again before staging a more durable rebound. But the current wage recession has outlasted even that era of real wage stagnation.
The simplest explanation as to why wages have been so sluggish in this recovery is that the depth of job losses eroded employee bargaining power more than usual.
While it may not be true in all industries and specializations, the broad oversupply of labor means that workers have tended to feel fortunate to have a steady job, even without the gravy of pay hikes that outstrip inflation.
Another factor has been the underlying job shift since the end of 2007, with the bulk of the lingering losses in industries that tend to pay pretty well.
Compared to five years ago, there are 3.5 million fewer construction and manufacturing jobs and 1 million fewer jobs in financial services and government.
"Job quality is rapidly emerging as a second front in the struggling recovery," the National Employment Law Project, a low-wage worker advocacy group, concluded in a study in August. NELP found that lower-wage occupations accounted for 21% of the recession's job losses but 58% of the recovery's job gains.
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/economy/022813-6461...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
Read this sentence again.
"NELP found that lower-wage occupations accounted for 21% of the recession's job losses but 58% of the recovery's job gains.
Do you get what that sentence says or should I explain it to you?
Investor's Business Daily?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ha ha ha.

Ha.

Hehehe.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#160043 Mar 8, 2013
The Secret History of the American Empire
by John Perkins, p6 (the Economic hitman)

[The American empire] is ruled by a group of people who collectively act very much like a king. They run our largest corporations and, through them, our government. They cycle through the "revolving door" back and forth between business and government. Because they fund political campaigns and the media, they control elected officials and the information we receive. These men and women (the corporatocracy are in charge regardless of whether Republicans or Democrats control the White House or Congress. They are not subject to the people's will and their terms are not limited by law.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#160044 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Investor's Business Daily?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ha ha ha.
Ha.
Hehehe.
Pretty much the thing in the NY Times- minus the stats.......

The article was written in 2012 but nothing has changed. They just don't report it anymore......makes Obama look bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/us/many-ame...

Btw, Catcher, your "BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH" was almost as stupid as when you call male posters "dude."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opciones Binarias Paypal 2 min luisFX25 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min scaritual 739,965
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 5 min Commander Bunny 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min KayMarie 542,969
The Maze Runner 12 min andet1987 9
Word association game (Aug '08) 17 min andet1987 53,339
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Richardfs 227,717
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Dr_Zorderz 259,638
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 59 min Joana 155

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••