Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#159975 Mar 7, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Not dodging a thing bob. Just not interested in spending time chasing red herrings for other's amusement. The post just previous specified "prime-time Faux Noize". To my knowledge I was the first in the thread to differentiate primetime Fox entertainment from the rest of the day (tho' the morning show can be included with the former), and have done so periodically since, so I'm going to take the liberty of assuming you know I >do< make that distinction, you've seen it multiple times, and thus I won't be wasting characters adding a disclaimer to each and every reference. Your question adds nothing to the overall point. It's just word-sparring for the bored. Nahhh, I got other things to do....
1) My alz doesn't recall ANY "distinction" you've made over the years, regarding FNN. But even so, there are new posters and new readers, who probably have not seen your qualifier.

2) Since you defined your slam of Fox to only mean Prime Time, that includes O'Reilly (8-9 eastern), Hannity (9-10), and Greta
10-11). Any Fox viewer knows Greta does NOT fit your mold. That
leaves you at 66%, which is unsatisfactory for a "mayor of misinformation".

3) Of course yer free to ignore whatevah ya opts, but how long and how tedious is it to reply "no comment"? Yeah I know you got better things to do.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#159976 Mar 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I addresse d the only indisputable facts in the story, bob. The rest is just political blather by people doing what they're paid to do: bash Obama.
That's just plain horse hockey! Left-leaning MSM took pleasure in grinding on GW Bush for 7+ years, but that doesn't mean Hume, Krauthammer, and even O'Reilly have not been fair to Obama.

Obama's got you and the rest of his base mesmerized with his cool speech and dazzling smile, but there are many that have not been
so hypnotised.

His latest publicity stunt in shutting down WH tours over staffing cuts is ridiculous. That cost is minimal (and with volunteers), when compared to a $900M golf outing to FLA with Tiger. And IINM, USDA has 2 gala fetes on the immediate horizon, one in CA and one in ORE, both on the taxpayers.

Twice ignoring his own financial economic firm's (? & Bowles) advice, Obama refuses to make real spending cuts and instead prefers to raise taxes on everyone.

The Fed is simply printing more money, which will cause the USD
to devalue, and if Obama is not stopped, bankruptcy is in our not-too-distant future. But you are not worried. You'll be in the bridge with your captain, going going gone.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#159977 Mar 7, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Paul got his answer from the DOJ. He just doesn't like the answer. That's his right.
Holder didn't say "NO, drones won't be used". He said "I can't
see a reason why they would", and "I don't think they will" (both paraphrased).

Then when pressed by <Leahy?>, he finally offered his standard
excuse. "Well, I didn't think I was being vague". "I figured everyone knew by my comments, that I meant no" (again para- phrased).

Notice he will NOT come out and directly state that drones will NOT be used to kill US citizens in the US.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#159978 Mar 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just plain horse hockey! Left-leaning MSM took pleasure in grinding on GW Bush for 7+ years, but that doesn't mean Hume, Krauthammer, and even O'Reilly have not been fair to Obama.
I stopped reading right here.
lisw

Lewis Center, OH

#159979 Mar 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I addresse d the only indisputable facts in the story, bob. The rest is just political blather by people doing what they're paid to do: bash Obama.
Obama needs to be bashed. Every president needs to be bashed. Can you imagine if there were a say 90% approval rating of any president there would be a very strong temptation to keep on being president. I'm very glad I'm allowed to bash Obama. It's sincere bashing but useful just the same.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159980 Mar 7, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Obama needs to be bashed. Every president needs to be bashed. Can you imagine if there were a say 90% approval rating of any president there would be a very strong temptation to keep on being president. I'm very glad I'm allowed to bash Obama. It's sincere bashing but useful just the same.
Not trying to deny anyone their right to bash - not you, not Krauthammer, not the Fox talking heads.

I don't happen to think bashing is useful (whether it's bashing someone I voted for or someone I didn't vote for) for anything other than rallying the party faithful. That's the reason I'm critical of the entire spectrum of talking heads, from Maddows to O'Reilly and everyone in between.

Now criticism, which is different from bashing - that is useful.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159981 Mar 7, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Paul got his answer from the DOJ. He just doesn't like the answer. That's his right.
If there's a question at all (in my mind) it is if and just how long will the citizenry tolerate open-ended and ill-defined declarations of "war" such as the "Cold War" and today's "War On Terror". "War" is thrown around so loosely anymore that it's full meaning has lost it's sting in general conversation. "War is hell", Sherman said. Collateral damage is part and parcel - just ask Georgia. If people didn't object to the term, along with all it's implications, from 2001-08, I think it's fair to doubt the sincerity of objections today. Although I do suspect Paul himself is being somewhat true to his libertarian principles, many in the blogosphere that are just now jumping on the bandwagon have a decidedly less humanitarian agenda.
So, has the "War On Terror" been declared over? If the answer is no, then, do we want the CiC to broadcast to enemy combatants the limits by which they can adjust and skirt around, using our freedoms as a cover? Of course the CiC should not do so. If anything (for myself) I would prefer that the gov't quit tossing around the word "war" as if it's a perpetual state of being, as it has been for virtually my entire lifespan.
But as it is, an enemy combatant should live with the uncertainty that he might be tracked and hit by counter-force wherever and whenever he might surface. That is the cost of war, and after all, war is hell.
I think Holder could have done a better job in answering this hypothetical question without tipping our hand to terrorists or playing into Paul's hands.

There are circumstances under which a drone strike might be effective in dealing with a cell/group engaged in active acts of terror in the United States, even if the group was domestic or had some members who are citizens of the United States.

Under that hypothetical it's interesting to ponder how many seconds Obama would have to hesitate before 'unleashing the gamers' before many of the people who are jumping on Paul's bandwagon would be calling him soft on terror.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#159982 Mar 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I stopped reading right here.
Of course you did. Some things are mentally painful to accept.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#159983 Mar 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. So I'm two days into my new gig. Did a ride along with a nice guy today and we were in south Tampa. Hadn't seen it in some time. Closed store here, closed car lot down the road. Homes foreclosed. But as Catcher posted its happy days!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#159984 Mar 7, 2013
lisw wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03 /05/white-house-cancels-tours- due-to-sequester/?tid=pm_polit ics_pop
I can't stop laughing!
So news today of the money this admin will save doing this:

$18,000 per week. It would be funny if not so sad.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159985 Mar 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
you just keep telling yourself that, bob.

I used to work for Anheuser-Busch, later for Ralston-Purina, and each of those companies spent millions of dollars annually in their efforts to generate the kind of brand loyalty you have for Fox.

The marketing gurus would be jealous as hell.

Fox, and particularly its various talking heads, have been as 'fair' to Bush as Matthews and the various MSNBC (a left wing clone of Fox's strategy) talking heads were to President Bush. That's been my opinion for the whole time I've been posting here, and it remains my opinion.

When you go on to say I am 'mesmerized' by Obama you are obviously talking out your backside, bob. Absent a viable alternative to the center I got nowhere else to go BUT Obama and the Democrats.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159986 Mar 7, 2013
Obviously, this should have read "Fox, and particularly its various talking heads, have been as 'fair' to Obama as Matthews and the various MSNBC (a left wing clone of Fox's strategy) talking heads were to President Bush.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#159987 Mar 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>you just keep telling yourself that, bob.
I used to work for Anheuser-Busch, later for Ralston-Purina, and each of those companies spent millions of dollars annually in their efforts to generate the kind of brand loyalty you have for Fox.
The marketing gurus would be jealous as hell.
Fox, and particularly its various talking heads, have been as 'fair' to Bush as Matthews and the various MSNBC (a left wing clone of Fox's strategy) talking heads were to President Bush. That's been my opinion for the whole time I've been posting here, and it remains my opinion.
When you go on to say I am 'mesmerized' by Obama you are obviously talking out your backside, bob. Absent a viable alternative to the center I got nowhere else to go BUT Obama and the Democrats.
Do you actually watch Fox, Wilson? If so, please name 1 FNN talking head who's been unfair to Obama ONCE, and what he or she specifically said that you considered unfair.
UidiotRaceMAKEW0 RLDPEACE

United States

#159988 Mar 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think Holder could have done a better job in answering this hypothetical question without tipping our hand to terrorists or playing into Paul's hands.
There are circumstances under which a drone strike might be effective in dealing with a cell/group engaged in active acts of terror in the United States, even if the group was domestic or had some members who are citizens of the United States.
Under that hypothetical it's interesting to ponder how many seconds Obama would have to hesitate before 'unleashing the gamers' before many of the people who are jumping on Paul's bandwagon would be calling him soft on terror.
nOT ONLY that it is a war on Americans, as Congress OK 40,000 US dRONES TO fLYover US Cities, what with this, as our US Right Wing are ones who messed up our US and world with these killer /survellience drones. Hope our AMerican Right wing War mongers/war-for-profiteers enjoy them all! Do you like it?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159989 Mar 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. So I'm two days into my new gig. Did a ride along with a nice guy today and we were in south Tampa. Hadn't seen it in some time. Closed store here, closed car lot down the road. Homes foreclosed. But as Catcher posted its happy days!
Patience, dude.

Things are looking up.
giffis

Rochester, PA

#159990 Mar 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Bush is a loser
Play the Race Card

Redding, CA

#159991 Mar 7, 2013
giffis wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=qfuAprYAPM c ……
Bush is a loser
You're a Racist!!!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159992 Mar 7, 2013
giffis wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=qfuAprYAPM c ……
Bush is a loser
Dude, you're a bit late with that.

I don't think this thread is about Bush any more.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159993 Mar 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually watch Fox, Wilson? If so, please name 1 FNN talking head who's been unfair to Obama ONCE, and what he or she specifically said that you considered unfair.
You couldn't call me a regular viewer, but I probably catch an hour a week. That's sixty minutes more per week than I've watched MSNBC for about five years.

When there is breaking news I usually try to catch their take on it, although I doubt I ever tune them in on an election night again after Rove's meltdown and the bizzaro reality show going back to confront/question the war room. I did watch about an hour of their coverage of the Sandy Hook shooting and thought they did that as well as anyone, and maybe better.

As far as specifics, bob, we've done this way too many times - and I don't see any point in doing it again.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#159994 Mar 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think Holder could have done a better job in answering this hypothetical question without tipping our hand to terrorists or playing into Paul's hands.

Well, that's it, isn't it? Maybe Holder could have been more creative, I don't know, but I can't imagine what it would be under the circumstances. Any more definitive answer in either direction would open up somebody's can of worms. It's a tuff one all round.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Alt Right lies 24,886
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 17 min Corbin KY 2009 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,492
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 985,590
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,750
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 2 hr Bug 2
More from around the web