Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#159716 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I think you're unwell.
Someone who is taking his first drink at 7:00am daily to steady his shaking hands often cannot see that he's a alcoholic either.
Denial is a weird, dangerous and insidious affliction and reasonably bright people mistakenly think they're too clever to fall victim to it in politics.
They aren't.
Yes, of course - I'm in denial according to you, who knows the 'real truth'. What comes next - some phony way to present yourself as more American, speculation about how successful I am off-line, or some other losers tool from the keyboard warrior handbook, or can you come up with something - anything - even remotely original?

If I had a dollar for every silly internet troll who proclaimed I was in denial because I failed to see the truth (which is in fact nothing more than their subjective opinion), I could buy my own treatment facility.

See, I'm secure enough in my beliefs to acknowledge that you can be in full possession of all your faculties, be just as informed as I am, and still disagree with me about politics.

You might want to try that.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159717 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawrence Welk. Ha!- I bet if he was stll alive, Michelle Obama would have been on his show. She's on everybody's show, Catcher! She and Barry just looooooove the celebrity limelight!
I wonder what the reaction in Hollywood would have been if Nancy Reagan had inserted herself into the Acadamy Awards to open the envelope of Best Picture. It would almost have been more appropriate considering she had actually been in the business and so had her husband. But alas, it wasn't to be. The Reagans had something called umm......... behaviour becoming of the position.
I was kinda hoping Miss Easily Dazzled by Celebrities Michelle was going to hand out the best actor award in a drama to her husband for his performance for impersonating a president. And hey, he could have take the opportunity to give the nation another campaign speech!
=
It's truly a shame good taste can't be bought with new money.
And they're darkies too, aren't they, sweetheart?

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159718 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe people like Ms. Lee should stop referring to herself as a "freed slave" in order to keep those entitlements coming and istead encourage her voter base to take a new course.
Do a little research on the percentage of African American unwed mothers in this country. After that, see if you can't find a connection with crime, prison, substance abuse, high school drop-out rate, genrational poverty and entitlements.
There's a very obvious common denominator, Catcher and handing them my money isn't the answer.
Oh those darkies, interfering with Lyndi's peace of mind once again.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159719 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were my attorney, I would have fired you. You don't know the material, you live in the land of whimsical thinking, you don't deal in evidence and discovery is a procedure you're apparently unfamiliar with.
Clarence Darrow wasn't a good trial attorney either but he certainly made up for it with his ability to orate.
Your first sentence reminds me of the woman who told Winston Churchill, "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."

To which Churchill replied, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159720 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And they're darkies too, aren't they, sweetheart?
Oooh, Catcher's getting miffed so he's pulling out that crumpled up old race card. I don't care what color he is but I'll bet you're pleased as punch he's black! I'd be pleased as punch to see Condi Rice in that office and guess what? She's even got the real credentials on her resume to have EARNED the office. Electing a African American community organizer as POTUS on the affirmative action platform to even out the playing field is what you got......ain't that a pip!

Maybe you should stick to the Christian threads and give out your free spelling, grammatical lessons to those stupid, poorly educated Christians.
It's amusing.
Your religion Catcher is -----> liberalism.
Your messiah is Obama.

Oh the irony.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#159721 Feb 28, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I realize Emanuel is no longer a part of the obama admin., but he was for awhile till he saw another opportunity for himself. But in any event this administration is acting more like a dictatorship then anything. trying to control the press with violence and threats of violence.
I cant wait to hear Hip explain these incidents away and why its no big deal. Can he do it without referring back to Bush?
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/01/18/dem-thug-r...
http://news.yahoo.com/presidents-threats-note...
Nothing new on Emanuel. He is on the left so what else can you say? I would love to see the same so called media if a rep. acted like this. You wouldn't have to search for the story and it would be on every station, every paper. On Woodward that is something. Look how quick they turned on him. Like I said what, 5 years ago this guy is Nixon but worse.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159722 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant drivel. You weren't a very good student, were you?
Here was my post, try again.

"Do a little research on the percentage of African American unwed mothers in this country. After that, see if you can't find a connection with crime, prison, substance abuse, high school drop-out rate, genrational poverty and entitlements.
There's a very obvious common denominator, Catcher and handing them my money isn't the answer."

Clearwater, FL

#159723 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, Catcher's getting miffed so he's pulling out that crumpled up old race card. I don't care what color he is but I'll bet you're pleased as punch he's black! I'd be pleased as punch to see Condi Rice in that office and guess what? She's even got the real credentials on her resume to have EARNED the office. Electing a African American community organizer as POTUS on the affirmative action platform to even out the playing field is what you got......ain't that a pip!
Maybe you should stick to the Christian threads and give out your free spelling, grammatical lessons to those stupid, poorly educated Christians.
It's amusing.
Your messiah is Obama.
Oh the irony.
Lol. Have you not heard? He stands up for everyone in his quest to, how did he put it? Level the playing field. Seems like I've heard that somewhere else. It will come to me...

Clearwater, FL

#159724 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need something new. This is just like yesterday in the Jesus forum. Just make it up as you go.

Clearwater, FL

#159725 Feb 28, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
My biggest problem with the last election is how many people voted on social issues rather then fiscal issues with the state of our economy and the obvious devil may care attitude of this administration. It is hard for me to understand at this point.
I shouldn't be surprised, it is definately a 'whats in for me' society, but I think the vote takes it one more step to: whats in for me even at the expense of my children and their future..........And that Willie, makes me ill.......
JMO
From my pov what will it matter? Back before the housing crash something that happened around here was apts were bought and turned into homes! Problem was it was all cosmetic. I looked at one not far, they had done a quick bad paint job, put in a new silver fridge and stove and wanted someone to pay $250,000 for it. Imo that all that this guy is doing, dressing things up and each one of us is paying for it. Now and forever more. And it doesn't even look good! What a waste.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159726 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence reminds me of the woman who told Winston Churchill, "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
To which Churchill replied, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."
Get some new material, will you? That one is overused and I'm begging you to not quote me any Paul Simon. You libs all seem to have a thing for Paul Simon.
Lay out some Plato or Socrates for a change......
====
Here are my parting words to wise for today.

"An eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes.“Alas!” it cried, as it died."
Aesop

"WE OFTEN GIVE OUR ENEMIES THE MEANS FOR OUR OWN DESTRUCTION."

{Beware of the kind of society you wish for, Catcher.}
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159727 Feb 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I'm secure enough in my beliefs........
"The teacher will appear when the student is ready."

I don't remember who said that one.
Some fat little Buddhist guy I think.
lisw

Lewis Center, OH

#159728 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My record is stellar.
And I am most humble, too.
That's a bit of an oxymoron. No one's record is stellar in private or professional life. If you say you do the best you can, I buy that.

United States

#159729 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing.
Your messiah is Obama.
Oh the irony.
You'll just have to keep wallowing in your right-wing misery.

You have earned the right.

Oh the schadenfreude.

United States

#159730 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant drivel. You weren't a very good student, were you?
Here was my post, try again.
"Do a little research on the percentage of African American unwed mothers in this country. After that, see if you can't find a connection with crime, prison, substance abuse, high school drop-out rate, genrational poverty and entitlements.
There's a very obvious common denominator, Catcher and handing them my money isn't the answer."
My academic performance was second to none.

United States

#159731 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some new material, will you? That one is overused and I'm begging you to not quote me any Paul Simon. You libs all seem to have a thing for Paul Simon.
Lay out some Plato or Socrates for a change......
====
Here are my parting words to wise for today.
"An eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes.“Alas!” it cried, as it died."
Aesop
"WE OFTEN GIVE OUR ENEMIES THE MEANS FOR OUR OWN DESTRUCTION."
{Beware of the kind of society you wish for, Catcher.}
Cute.

I don't share your paranoia though.

We will do better.

Cya.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159732 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"The teacher will appear when the student is ready."
I don't remember who said that one.
Some fat little Buddhist guy I think.
You just keep telling yourself that, Lyndi.
lisw

Lewis Center, OH

#159733 Feb 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday the evidence is "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, and he said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible." "
http://articles.cnn.com/2004-06-18/politics/c...
"Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said this morning the link between al Qaeda terrorists and Iraq is "accurate and not debatable."
http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx...
[Rumsfeld later said comments like those were 'misunderstood'.]
President Bush's spokesman said Thursday that al-Qaeda operatives have found refuge in Baghdad, and accused Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's regime of helping Osama bin Laden's followers develop chemical weapons.
"Al-Qaeda and Iraq are too close for comfort," White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...
"President Bush's national security adviser Wednesday said Saddam Hussein has sheltered al Qaeda terrorists in Baghdad and helped train some in chemical weapons development -- information she said has been gleaned from captives in the ongoing war on terrorism."
http://articles.cnn.com/2002-09-26/us/us.iraq...
I've seen most of these and funny thing is that when the case for going into Iraq were made these things were not used. I do believe that they were looking at what might unfold and stated opinions but they ever ever said that this is why we need to go into Iraq. they also never made a case for going in because of the brutality. the case made was WMD's and those weren't found. Why are these articles proving a case you want to make when all the articles about Benghazi and what Obama didn't do just fluff? You can't have it both ways. I know people died during the war. but I also know they walked into it equipped and supported. the Benghazi people didn't have that advantage.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#159734 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My academic performance was second to none.
I didn't realize you were home schooled.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159735 Feb 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen most of these and funny thing is that when the case for going into Iraq were made these things were not used. I do believe that they were looking at what might unfold and stated opinions but they ever ever said that this is why we need to go into Iraq. they also never made a case for going in because of the brutality. the case made was WMD's and those weren't found. Why are these articles proving a case you want to make when all the articles about Benghazi and what Obama didn't do just fluff? You can't have it both ways. I know people died during the war. but I also know they walked into it equipped and supported. the Benghazi people didn't have that advantage.
With all due respect, I don't think it's fair to say that those statements and others like them were 'not used' in making the case for going into Iraq. Those statements were used to sell the threat of Iraq to the American public, and had a great deal to do with the public support of going to war there while putting the war in the theater from which we'd been attacked on hold.

According to a Harris poll conducted in 2005, "More than four years after the attacks of September 11, 2001, many U.S. adults still believe some of the justifications for the invasion of Iraq, which have now been discredited, according to a new Harris Poll. For example:

-- Forty-one percent (41%) of U.S. adults believe that Saddam Hussein had "strong links to Al Qaeda."
-- Twenty-two percent (22%) of adults believe that Saddam Hussein "helped plan and support the hijackers who attacked the United States on September 11."
-- Twenty-six percent (26%) of adults believe that Iraq "had weapons of mass destruction when the U.S. invaded."
-- Twenty-four percent (24%) of all adults believe that "several of the hijackers who attacked the United States on September 11 were Iraqis."

And you're right - when the campaign to sell the idea of war in Iraq was first waged, the brutality of the Saddam regime was a back story. It didn't become the important story until WMD and the above had been disproved.

I think to claim the troops were adequately supported is complete and utter hogwash. If the troops were adequately supported there would have been enough of them to secure the country, vastly reducing the likelihood that the surge would ultimately be necessary. If the troops were adequately supported the Occupation Authority would have run by competent professionals.

(It's worth noting that some of the problems the U.S. ran into in Iraq were military policy/planning, and had little or nothing to do with who was President at the time. Whether those problems would have been addressed in sufficient time to avoid the conditions is anybody's guess, but I'd like to think Americans are adaptable enough.)

Lastly, I don't believe I've ever comment on articles about Benghazi that may have been posted here. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've commented on Benghazi at all.

So ... if you want to know what I think about Benghazi, there are two issues. The first was the White House "message" during the election campaign, and that was not only wrong but about as amateurishly handled as anything I've seen since, well, see above.

The second involves the systemic problems within State that resulted in this tragedy, and I saw no comments in this thread I considered worth bothering with because it was all about the blame game with little or no connection to the real issues involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min guest 672,676
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 104,275
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 981,084
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,370
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web