Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#159666 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Guns? I can't believe you really are with him on his handling of this. I'm sorry but I also can't forget that in the primaries you supported Biden. What were you thinking? I know you are proud of your skewering skills but you just said it. You had plenty to say what was wrong with Bush. We had plenty to say what was right. The views on Obama are just as hazy as his administration is.
With barry releasing illegal immigrant felons into US cities by the hundreds, and his stated belief that his administration's sequestration policy will lead to reductions in local police, I think every law abiding citizen should consider arming themselves for their self protection.
lisw wrote:
As for his foreign policy. Do you have any idea what Obama's stance is on Israel? Do you mind sharing what it is if you do?
I know what obama says, but he picked a Vice President that was somewhat negative towards Israel, is letting Israel's sworn enemy pretty much do what they want with their nuke program, and has just selected a Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, and probable CIA Director, John Brenner, that are openly anti-Israel. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...

barry's actions speak louder than his words.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#159667 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the perfect example of why Republicans lost, and will continue to lose.
You look for all sorts of excuses for your party's ineptitude.
You question the honesty of those who disagree with your views.
And you resort to an ad hominem attack on me.
You should develop some personal integrity instead.
Ahhh more wisdom from the lefty lawyer.

I don't hafta "look for excuses", slick. Anyone would stumble over them as soon as the door opens.

Dole out your dopey advice for your paid clients, chaser. I don't take suggestions from Obama enablers.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#159668 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Well he didn't exactly get Osama, he just followed what was being done during the Bush administration but I'll give him that. I do give him credit for following up with the Bush plan. I'd give him more credit if he hadn't thrown the doctor who helped under the bus, not to mention the Seals that actually did the killing. I happen to agree with him on the same sex marriage, but he didn't "do" anything. That is being decided state by state. He just expressed an opinion. quite timely too, right before the election. Do you mean lifting the "don't ask don't tell"?
He's not battling anyone. The opposition is of his own making. He's had so many opportunities to work with Congress and he has been AWOL. People have been trying to work with him but he won't do it, much like he won't work with Israel. He seems a little spoiled brat to me.
But thank you for trying. At least it gives a chance for real discussion.
Fair enough.

Location hidden

#159669 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It was about a year ago that Obama said he was for sequestration. I know there have been video clips showing that but I remember it because my son-in-law said he hoped sequestration happened.(He is career Navy) I was stunned until I began to understand exactly what it meant. Now Obama denies he was ever for it and wants to villainise the GOP. His pretense and your pretense that you're buying it.
In the "king's" own words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The "king" speaks with a forked tongue... and his "low information" voter base believes.

Location hidden

#159670 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
Oh yes and pretending that Benghazi is "okay" just another incident. Hip if you look it up on fact check you will see that Bush never ever said Saddam Hussein was associated with Al Quaida or 9/11. That's another liberal lie that just stuck it was said so many times.
That's why they're "low information".

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.” &#8213; Ronald Reagan
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159671 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Young people helped. So did women, Hispanics, Blacks. The Republican Party was, and remains, out of touch. You can whine all you want, and insult people as uninformed and stupid, but the fact is that all you have left are Tea Partiers, old white men (and their wives sometimes) and a bunch of dinosaur southerners.
Uninformed and stupid would be the body of labor union members who were the biggest supporters of Obamacare and now they want to backpeddle on it and grab exemptions because NOW someone has finally read through the monstrosity and they don't like it.

Uninformed and stupid are those working Americans who at the beginning of January when their paychecks got smaller were "surprised" because they thought only the rich were going to get a tax hike. Uninformed and stupid are the millions who don't care that a POTUS won't stand before tough critics and answer the hard questions. Uninformed and stupid would be those same Americans who aren't questioning why 3 million more women are living in poverty since Barry moved to Pennsylvannia Avenue, and jobs have shrunk in the private sector but are blossoming in the government. Uninformed and stupid is the woman who voted for him 6 times in this last election and thinks it was "a good idea." Uninformed and stupid are the masses who needed to be bussed to the polls by Team Obama because they didn't have the wherewithal to get there on their own. Uninformed and stupid is not caring that the deficit which he was going to cut in half has --------> ballooned. Uninformed and stupid is not recognizing the VP of the US, 2nd in command is fondly referred to as the "gaffmaster" and makes Dan Quayle look like a genius.
Uniformed and and stupid are those who don't mind we haven't seen a budget prepared in 4 years or there is a debt ceiling problem or a fiscal cliff looming and now a sequester on Friday which isn't 85 billion as Obama LIES and say it is but rather 44 billion and isn't going to be missed unless he decides to punish us with slashing in the wrong places like a petulant child. Uninformed and stupid are those that don't know criminals ar being released as we speak and the White House supposedly had no knowledge of it. It's amazing what this guy doesn't know. Don't forget gun control and immigration reform. BAM BAM BAM - CRISIS CRISIS CRISIS.
He's an arsonist. He sets the fires stands back to watch them burn, blames the republicans and the uninformed and stupid believe him because they can't see through his smoke and mirror act. They cannot connect the dots.

Uniformed and stupid are people like you who sit on Christian threads day in and day out slamming and poking at Christians and Christianity and yet are joyous at the idea of of illegal immigrants, primarily Mexican getting full, quick amnesty.
Newsflash to the uninformed but very persistent Catcher:

MOST OF THEM ARE CATHOLIC!

LOL!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#159672 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>If you can find anywhere that anyone of "Bush and company" actually said that, I'll clamor.
You're kidding, right?

You know, my way often is to enter into these discussions with the unspoken assumption that the conversation partner either recalls the event, or has invested a minimal amount of investigation into the subject. Why else would they take the stand they do, right? I believe the fact that I do so shows respect, rather than the condescension of >telling< you what is documented historical fact.

New York Times
Meet The Press
Bob Woodward
Dick Cheney
Condoleeza Rice
Donald Rumsfeld
Colin Powell

and the smoking gun - the Presidential Letter to the House in 03 outlining the need to go to war with Iraq, specifically citing it's alleged support of those linked to the 9/11 attacks.

These are just those sources that come to mind wherein the multiple erroneous assertions of the administration might be found.

It's not my interest to badger you or the subject. Please remember you're the one contesting easily-referenced historical facts. I find it perplexing as hell, frankly.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#159673 Feb 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
With barry releasing illegal immigrant felons into US cities by the hundreds, and his stated belief that his administration's sequestration policy will lead to reductions in local police, I think every law abiding citizen should consider arming themselves for their self protection.
<quoted text>
I know what obama says, but he picked a Vice President that was somewhat negative towards Israel, is letting Israel's sworn enemy pretty much do what they want with their nuke program, and has just selected a Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, and probable CIA Director, John Brenner, that are openly anti-Israel. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...
barry's actions speak louder than his words.
You need to read this
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/us_ints/spy.ht...

What about the U.S liberty Israel knw that was a American Ship when they attacked it

http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/statement_o...
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#159675 Feb 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You're kidding, right?
You know, my way often is to enter into these discussions with the unspoken assumption that the conversation partner either recalls the event, or has invested a minimal amount of investigation into the subject. Why else would they take the stand they do, right? I believe the fact that I do so shows respect, rather than the condescension of >telling< you what is documented historical fact.
New York Times
Meet The Press
Bob Woodward
Dick Cheney
Condoleeza Rice
Donald Rumsfeld
Colin Powell
and the smoking gun - the Presidential Letter to the House in 03 outlining the need to go to war with Iraq, specifically citing it's alleged support of those linked to the 9/11 attacks.
These are just those sources that come to mind wherein the multiple erroneous assertions of the administration might be found.
It's not my interest to badger you or the subject. Please remember you're the one contesting easily-referenced historical facts. I find it perplexing as hell, frankly.
It's not historical fact just because someone says it is. I'm surprised that you were unable to come up with a cite that actually quoted one of Bush's cabinet saying Al quaida and Saddam were linked. You couldn't could you? that's what I'm trying to say Hip. If something is repeated often enough people really believe it to be true. I'd be glad to show you the factcheck that says they were never linked by the bush administration. it'll take me a minute but ask and I'dd be glad to.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#159676 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we've done health care to death and I could accept it if it weren't for the fact that he totally misrepresented it. You know I tried to read it and failed because it kept changing and as it turns out we know less about it now than we did when it was up for the vote I agree about immigration too but it bothers me how Obama goes about it. Executive orders have no place in immigration reform and he clearly doesn't want an agreement as that would mess up the image that the right is just unreasonable. A bipartisan committee came up with a good plan and he ignored it though most of it is what he says he wants. Guns? I can't believe you really are with him on his handling of this. I'm sorry but I also can't forget that in the primaries you supported Biden. What were you thinking? I know you are proud of your skewering skills but you just said it. You had plenty to say what was wrong with Bush. We had plenty to say what was right. The views on Obama are just as hazy as his administration is.
As for his foreign policy. Do you have any idea what Obama's stance is on Israel? Do you mind sharing what it is if you do?
The cooperation between the United States and Israel has not changed an iota since Obama became President of the United States in any substantial, meaningful way.

"Obama’s unequivocal support for Israel won’t sway his diehard detractors"

By Chemi Shalev 04.03.12

"There are many people in both America and Israel who wouldn’t believe Barack Obama’s commitment to Israel’s security even if he sang Hatikvah, enlisted in the IDF and did reserve duty guarding an isolated West Bank outpost. These people are now dissecting the president’s speech to the AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington on Sunday in a way that will offer incontrovertible proof that it ranks a close second after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s pledge to wipe Israel off the map."

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/west-of-eden/oba...

That's actually a pretty good example that can be applied to almost every subject.

Location hidden

#159677 Feb 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're still saying that I'm a low information voter because I don't agree with you.
No, I'm saying that you're a "low information" voter because you don't seek actual facts. If barry says it, to you, it's gospel... but obama lies... and often!

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”- Ronald Reagan

I call you "low information", not because you disagree with me, but rather, you "know so many things that aren't so.”
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159678 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One you'll like: He got Osama.
One you probably won't: He has taken a stand in favor of same sex marriage.
And remember, it's hard to move forward when battling the Party of No.
My, you are uninformed aren't you?

What got bin Laden were the military style swimming lessons aka waterboarding by those under GWB at Guantanamo which Obama was going to close but never did (oopsie for him) and Bush also having our military positioned in Pakistani neighborhoods and already in place. Pretty much all Obama did was was show up to receive the applause. And of course leave behind the good doctor.......or don't you know about him?

I will say they got some good Kodac moments of the president when bin Laden got whacked. It's a shame he was MIA for photo ops when the multi hour attack on Benghazi took place.
Maybe he was packing for Vegas.

Lafayette IN

#159679 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It's not historical fact just because someone says it is. I'm surprised that you were unable to come up with a cite that actually quoted one of Bush's cabinet saying Al quaida and Saddam were linked. You couldn't could you? that's what I'm trying to say Hip. If something is repeated often enough people really believe it to be true. I'd be glad to show you the factcheck that says they were never linked by the bush administration. it'll take me a minute but ask and I'dd be glad to.
"Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday the evidence is "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, and he said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible." "

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-06-18/politics/c...

"Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said this morning the link between al Qaeda terrorists and Iraq is "accurate and not debatable."

http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx...

[Rumsfeld later said comments like those were 'misunderstood'.]

President Bush's spokesman said Thursday that al-Qaeda operatives have found refuge in Baghdad, and accused Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's regime of helping Osama bin Laden's followers develop chemical weapons.

"Al-Qaeda and Iraq are too close for comfort," White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...

"President Bush's national security adviser Wednesday said Saddam Hussein has sheltered al Qaeda terrorists in Baghdad and helped train some in chemical weapons development -- information she said has been gleaned from captives in the ongoing war on terrorism."

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-09-26/us/us.iraq...

Location hidden

#159680 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not me. Ben Carson, if he'll run. Rumor has it you'll have a choice between Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama.
I can't think of anything I'd rather see than a long, drawn out, bare knuckles battle between the Clinton's and the obama's. It's the fight that the right prays for.

Lafayette IN

#159681 Feb 27, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I think there are quite a few more for Obama than Romney, and is one of the reasons for his 2nd term.
<quoted text>
Race has no bearing, Wilson. Hispanics and Blacks wanted the "stuff" Obama was giving away. Minorities did NOT concern themselves with important issues other than those related to them. That's what made them "low information voters".
You mean that minorities did not see it your way, don't you?

The assumption that they didn't see it your way because of stuff they were promised rather than the way your party (or the party of the candidate you supported, if you prefer) presented its message is certainly convenient.

I don't think it's accurate, bob, although I understand the appeal.

Lafayette IN

#159682 Feb 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying that you're a "low information" voter because you don't seek actual facts. If barry says it, to you, it's gospel... but obama lies... and often!
“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”- Ronald Reagan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eMZC-Zifx90XX
I call you "low information", not because you disagree with me, but rather, you "know so many things that aren't so.”
So this is the new way you're going to avoid any discussion worth having?

Long Beach, CA

#159683 Feb 27, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Uninformed and stupid would be the body of labor union members who were the biggest supporters of Obamacare and now they want to backpeddle on it and grab exemptions because NOW someone has finally read through the monstrosity and they don't like it.
Uninformed and stupid are those working Americans who at the beginning of January when their paychecks got smaller were "surprised" because they thought only the rich were going to get a tax hike. Uninformed and stupid are the millions who don't care that a POTUS won't stand before tough critics and answer the hard questions. Uninformed and stupid would be those same Americans who aren't questioning why 3 million more women are living in poverty since Barry moved to Pennsylvannia Avenue, and jobs have shrunk in the private sector but are blossoming in the government. Uninformed and stupid is the woman who voted for him 6 times in this last election and thinks it was "a good idea." Uninformed and stupid are the masses who needed to be bussed to the polls by Team Obama because they didn't have the wherewithal to get there on their own. Uninformed and stupid is not caring that the deficit which he was going to cut in half has --------> ballooned. Uninformed and stupid is not recognizing the VP of the US, 2nd in command is fondly referred to as the "gaffmaster" and makes Dan Quayle look like a genius.
Uniformed and and stupid are those who don't mind we haven't seen a budget prepared in 4 years or there is a debt ceiling problem or a fiscal cliff looming and now a sequester on Friday which isn't 85 billion as Obama LIES and say it is but rather 44 billion and isn't going to be missed unless he decides to punish us with slashing in the wrong places like a petulant child. Uninformed and stupid are those that don't know criminals ar being released as we speak and the White House supposedly had no knowledge of it. It's amazing what this guy doesn't know. Don't forget gun control and immigration reform. BAM BAM BAM - CRISIS CRISIS CRISIS.
He's an arsonist. He sets the fires stands back to watch them burn, blames the republicans and the uninformed and stupid believe him because they can't see through his smoke and mirror act. They cannot connect the dots.
Uniformed and stupid are people like you who sit on Christian threads day in and day out slamming and poking at Christians and Christianity and yet are joyous at the idea of of illegal immigrants, primarily Mexican getting full, quick amnesty.
Newsflash to the uninformed but very persistent Catcher:
MOST OF THEM ARE CATHOLIC!
LOL!
Yikes.

Long Beach, CA

#159684 Feb 27, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
My, you are uninformed aren't you?
What got bin Laden were the military style swimming lessons aka waterboarding by those under GWB at Guantanamo which Obama was going to close but never did (oopsie for him) and Bush also having our military positioned in Pakistani neighborhoods and already in place. Pretty much all Obama did was was show up to receive the applause. And of course leave behind the good doctor.......or don't you know about him?
I will say they got some good Kodac moments of the president when bin Laden got whacked. It's a shame he was MIA for photo ops when the multi hour attack on Benghazi took place.
Maybe he was packing for Vegas.
Hey thanks for reminding me.

I have to finish packing.

Off to Mexico tomorrow. Part of trip at taxpayer expense, part not.

CYa

Location hidden

#159685 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Well he didn't exactly get Osama, he just followed what was being done during the Bush administration but I'll give him that. I do give him credit for following up with the Bush plan. I'd give him more credit if he hadn't thrown the doctor who helped under the bus, not to mention the Seals that actually did the killing.
Once intelligence determined where Osama was hiding, and turned the information over to the Whitehouse, barry had no other choice than to have Osama killed... too many people knew that he knew. I never saw anybody get so low in a chair as obama did that night he was watching the Seals in action.
lisw wrote:
I happen to agree with him on the same sex marriage, but he didn't "do" anything.
Actually, he did. He chose to ignore Bill Clinton's Defense of Marriage Act.
lisw wrote:
That is being decided state by state. He just expressed an opinion. quite timely too, right before the election. Do you mean lifting the "don't ask don't tell"?
Other than that, you're right, he's done very little. obama doesn't like to be a leader, and actually have to own any position.
lisw wrote:
He's not battling anyone. The opposition is of his own making. He's had so many opportunities to work with Congress and he has been AWOL. People have been trying to work with him but he won't do it, much like he won't work with Israel. He seems a little spoiled brat to me.
He's been campaigning, not leading. That's why things are such a mess, no leadership.
lisw wrote:
But thank you for trying. At least it gives a chance for real discussion.
I knew we had a real loser when I saw how long it took obama to get involved in our worst ecological disaster ever, the Deepwater Horizon spill... and its been downhill ever since. The boy just refuses to be a leader.

Location hidden

#159686 Feb 27, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It's not historical fact just because someone says it is. I'm surprised that you were unable to come up with a cite that actually quoted one of Bush's cabinet saying Al quaida and Saddam were linked. You couldn't could you? that's what I'm trying to say Hip. If something is repeated often enough people really believe it to be true. I'd be glad to show you the factcheck that says they were never linked by the bush administration. it'll take me a minute but ask and I'dd be glad to.

It still rings true today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Darwins Stepchild 882,198
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min AntiqueAnnie 613,090
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 20 min Truthiness 12
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 21 min Raje 603
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,003
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 1 hr dheka 66
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 2 hr GOD loves GAYS mo... 76
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 603,885
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr dollarsbill 8,479
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr Critical Eye 4,236
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 hr The swamiji 7,718
More from around the web