Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#159691 Feb 27, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean by presenting facts that you don't want to believe... facts in the "king's" own words?
As a great President once said:“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”
Somebody smack the record player ... it's stuck in a groove again.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#159692 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn on some Lawrence Welk and enjoy your evening.
Turn off your computer and buzz off!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159693 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes.
"Yikes?"
==
Cross examining isn't exactly your strong suit is it, counselor?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159694 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks for reminding me.
I have to finish packing.
Off to Mexico tomorrow. Part of trip at taxpayer expense, part not.
CYa
Hey, thanks for the unoriginal deflection. It's amazing how often you employ use the "I have to go" excuse when you can't answer a question or have just been corrected.
===
Here's an easy one for you.
When Sheila Jackson Lee (an Africa American (D) from Texas} spoke to her colleagues in Congress recently, she said and I quote, "I stand here as a free slave...."

Do me a favor.

Please find out for me who owned her, what they sold her for and which plantation she worked at?

Thanks!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#159695 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks for the unoriginal deflection. It's amazing how often you employ use the "I have to go" excuse when you can't answer a question or have just been corrected.
===
When Sheila Jackson Lee (an Africa American (D) from Texas} spoke to her colleagues in Congress recently, she said and I quote, "I stand here as a free slave...."
Do me a favor.
Please find out for me who owned her, what they sold her for and which plantation she worked at?
Thanks!
Lol. You can't make this stuff up. I see nobody took his bait on the taxpayer jab, good.

Clearwater, FL

#159696 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yikes?"
==
Cross examining isn't exactly your strong suit is it, counselor?
Since I've never seen how an attorney really works it is a mindbender. He reminds me a bit of the character Cruise played in A Few Good Men. Hope it works out better for those that depend on him.

Clearwater, FL

#159697 Feb 28, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean by presenting facts that you don't want to believe... facts in the "king's" own words?
As a great President once said:“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”
Too bad everyone has to pay a price for those that stay ignorant. We are going to firearms class and will soon have a peacemaker in the house. Thankful that when thugs do a break and enter Florida favors the homeowner. Usually.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159698 Feb 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
===
Do me a favor.
Thanks!
The short answer, which is all you get for now, is that the playing field is not yet level.

That's right, massah.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159699 Feb 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I've never seen how an attorney really works it is a mindbender. He reminds me a bit of the character Cruise played in A Few Good Men. Hope it works out better for those that depend on him.
My record is stellar.

And I am most humble, too.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159700 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn on some Lawrence Welk and enjoy your evening.
Lawrence Welk. Ha!- I bet if he was stll alive, Michelle Obama would have been on his show. She's on everybody's show, Catcher! She and Barry just looooooove the celebrity limelight!

I wonder what the reaction in Hollywood would have been if Nancy Reagan had inserted herself into the Acadamy Awards to open the envelope of Best Picture. It would almost have been more appropriate considering she had actually been in the business and so had her husband. But alas, it wasn't to be. The Reagans had something called umm......... behaviour becoming of the position.

I was kinda hoping Miss Easily Dazzled by Celebrities Michelle was going to hand out the best actor award in a drama to her husband for his performance for impersonating a president. And hey, he could have take the opportunity to give the nation another campaign speech!
=
It's truly a shame good taste can't be bought with new money.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159701 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The short answer, which is all you get for now, is that the playing field is not yet level.
That's right, massah.
Well maybe people like Ms. Lee should stop referring to herself as a "freed slave" in order to keep those entitlements coming and istead encourage her voter base to take a new course.

Do a little research on the percentage of African American unwed mothers in this country. After that, see if you can't find a connection with crime, prison, substance abuse, high school drop-out rate, genrational poverty and entitlements.

There's a very obvious common denominator, Catcher and handing them my money isn't the answer.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159702 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My record is stellar.
If you were my attorney, I would have fired you. You don't know the material, you live in the land of whimsical thinking, you don't deal in evidence and discovery is a procedure you're apparently unfamiliar with.
Clarence Darrow wasn't a good trial attorney either but he certainly made up for it with his ability to orate.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159703 Feb 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom Cruise played LTJG Kaffee, whose clients were found not guilty of murder.

Under the circumstances, it worked out as well as it possibly could have. The two enlisted men may not have been able to stay in the Corps, but they did not end up spending the rest of their lives 'stationed' at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas.

I was the tech geek for a case where our clients lost 3 million bucks and change in a small class action suit, but no punitive damages. Sounds really really bad, until you consider that the potential losses were twenty times that.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#159704 Feb 28, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You're dodging.
Ok. You want to hold Obama responsible for an error in early reporting by an admin official within days of a chaotic incident. An error that caused no deaths, nor prevented any. Right?
You see where I'm going. I specifically said Bush & Company. Did anyone in the Bush admin make these claims (clue: Cheney. Rice. others.) Did Bush correct them? How many died as a result of the erroneous information emanating from the administration over the course of months?
Pertinence to this discussion: Where is the clamor for that investigation?
An early reporting error that was continuously reported for 2 weeks..........

I'm no political expert as you all know, but that war with iran was gonna happen eventually anyway..........If it didnt happen then it could have just as well started tomorrow with Barack in charge..........JMO..........

#159705 Feb 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>It's not about Romney per se ... it's about the fact that you lost the election, that Obama won in spite of conditions that SHOULD have made him extremely vulnerable.
Doesnt that statement support the low information voter turnout?

#159706 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One you'll like: He got Osama.
One you probably won't: He has taken a stand in favor of same sex marriage.
And remember, it's hard to move forward when battling the Party of No.
He got Osama with the same intelligence personal Bush had. Do you think the Obama tweaked something or did something different that Bush would or wouldn't have done? Or was it a matter that he was just the POTUS at the time intelligence caught up with Osama..........

You forgot the best thing Obama did Catcher, and that was to continue some of the Bush policies. One, namely, was the Bush tax cuts Hip and other libs like to rail about so much..........
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159707 Feb 28, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!

Bingo-
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#159708 Feb 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Cruise played LTJG Kaffee, whose clients were found not guilty of murder.
Under the circumstances, it worked out as well as it possibly could have. The two enlisted men may not have been able to stay in the Corps, but they did not end up spending the rest of their lives 'stationed' at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas.
I was the tech geek for a case where our clients lost 3 million bucks and change in a small class action suit, but no punitive damages. Sounds really really bad, until you consider that the potential losses were twenty times that.
If I remember the story right wasn't that the one thing they didn't want to happen? But you are right as in your real life example, it could be worse.

#159709 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My record is stellar.
I doubt you even go to trial..........Your here quite a bit. Its one of the things that makes me doubt your honesty. I cant see how a succesful lawyer would be here so often. You would think he would have to spend his time more consistently on his cases.

I couldn't see being on topix before trying a case and then getting back to the office and going right back on topix again.

Just doesnt make sense to me. I think your parents were succesful and your just along for the ride..........One things for damn sure, you aren't giving your clients the time they deserve, but I have a sneeking suspicion your billing them for it..........

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#159710 Feb 28, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one possibility - but it's not the most likely, let alone the only one.

It's certainly comforting to think you are smarter/better informed, and that your choice is the only one - I'll give you that. It's much nicer to think that people voted for the other guy because they're dumb/uninformed rather than admit that the candidate (or party) you supported was unable to convince a sufficient number of people that they offered a better alternative.

Like I said, I heard a lot of this from my side in 2004, when some people on 'my side' lamented that if people only knew 'the real truth' about Bush and what he was doing yada yada yada.

I still haven't seen a single thing to suggest that the 'low information voter' constituency supported one candidate over another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 12 min Johnny 5,108
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min TRUTH TELLER 974,900
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Aerobatty 71,251
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Robert F 659,064
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 39 min Rider on the Storm 332
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min RiccardoFire 45,635
Do Plump Women Have Tighter Vaginas? 1 hr jane 2
More from around the web