|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA's END GAME REVEALED BY KGB
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
To who? As far as I know there was no gov at the time. And to think this guy made 2.8 million paid by the DOD alone.
To Massasoit...the leader of the Wampanoag Indian tribe, which showed them how to survive in unfamiliar territory.

Just because there was no United States of America at the time, doesn't mean there was 'no government'.......it just wasn't recognized as such by the Pilgrims. Much easier to overthrow a government that "doesn't exist." Just kill all the tribes, and no more worries. When the fowling pieces were not effective, a healthy dose of smallpox-infected blankets did the trick nicely.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Pootie and The Birds wrote:
What makes you think I'm an "Obama" supporter? Isn't the "title' of this thread "Bush is A Hero"? I happen to think President Obama is more "Bush" than President G. W. Bush himself,.can you dig it?
Ya i can dig it..........
I've just found that those who are still mocking Bush 4 years after he left office are likely in the tank for Obama.

the thread is mostly about what is happening currently, although your free to talk about whatever you want..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
I have a question. I was of the understanding that the Affordable care act required individuals as well as companies pay a penalty if they do not buy health insurance. If this is true and they pay a penalty, are they then insured? If not and they become seriously ill will the hospital turn them away?(I don't believe they will, it's not in their nature)
So then how is this new health care solving any of the problems? Anyone?
From what I understand the fines are cheaper then the insurance. My thinking is why even get insurance (still a bit of a risk for emergency surgeries). Wait till your diagnosed with something and then get it. They cant refuse you anymore..........

I was always worried about major illnesses. broken bones never concerned me to much. But the a friend of mines kid went in for an appendectomy. It cost him 27 grand.......... that was about 3 or 4 years ago, no telling what it costs now. I was astonished. I had no idea. I thought about 5 -7 grand tops........Made me rethink things.

I also heard subsidies are gonna be pretty easy to get. Incomes up to 85 grand can qualify for subsidies..........But i guess really we'll have to wait and see..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>...
I also heard subsidies are gonna be pretty easy to get. Incomes up to 85 grand can qualify for subsidies..........But i guess really we'll have to wait and see..........
That's only true if your State's governor hasn't refused to cooperate with the Feds on implementing the exchanges... and your state's electorate hasn't declared the ACA unconstitutional on its face. In some states, both are true, and roughly 80,000 folks in mine will be forced to pay the fines, and the taxes, which will fund the programs in all the states but our own.

Brilliant, eh?

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I don't know. I would bet in 2016 Bush is still the reason things are tanking. 2014 for sure its his fault. Btw have you heard of John Mackey (Whole Foods ceo) Here is another book WWW will trash, Conscious Capitalism.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidshaywitz/201...
And you think I trashed a book?

Might read this one, actually - I've got a daughter in management at Whole Foods.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
From what I understand the fines are cheaper then the insurance. My thinking is why even get insurance (still a bit of a risk for emergency surgeries). Wait till your diagnosed with something and then get it. They cant refuse you anymore..........
I was always worried about major illnesses. broken bones never concerned me to much. But the a friend of mines kid went in for an appendectomy. It cost him 27 grand.......... that was about 3 or 4 years ago, no telling what it costs now. I was astonished. I had no idea. I thought about 5 -7 grand tops........Made me rethink things.
Thanks. I'm trying to reconcile myself to this healthcare bill. It would be easier if it made sense. Perhaps it's paranoia, but I am seeing so many signs that since my husband went on Medicare he is not getting the type of response to his needs that he did when he was just on private insurance. It's difficult to find providers for certain things that take medicare. And I still don't see how we can prevent people usig the hospital ER as their healthcare. That's supposed to be the thing that drove costs up so much. We'll still be taking care of those who don't opt to buy health insurance and who pay the penalty. We'll still be paying for illegals. What are we going to do put those in jail who don't pay the penalty or buy isurance? That would be more ridiculous than jailing someone who smoked some pot.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Freebird USA wrote:
Considering the continuing divisions that exist show no sign of ending I think anything is possible.
I grew up in a world where the USSR and the Iron Curtain were constants,when they fell it was nothing short of a miracle.
Sadly that being said I would not be surprised if in my lifetime there is a serious secession movement. Even sadder I would welcome it.
It clear there are two Americas with two distinct cultures.
It won't get better.
Thought I would repost this from Nov 7 right after the dear leader won. So here we are a week from March 1 and the talk of the day is any cut (sequestration) though it be small is going to be toxic and (shock) the fault of the right. I agree with you. We do have two nations today. One where some work to make this nation better and one where the potus milks the divisions for all they are worth. One week ago few seemed to care about the budget and the dear one was here in Fl. for some golf with Woods. Now its important and even though O signed this into law on Aug 1,2011, if the cuts come its not his fault. Sad thing is most will buy that. Yea, we do have two very different nations here today.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I would repost this from Nov 7 right after the dear leader won. So here we are a week from March 1 and the talk of the day is any cut (sequestration) though it be small is going to be toxic and (shock) the fault of the right. I agree with you. We do have two nations today. One where some work to make this nation better and one where the potus milks the divisions for all they are worth. One week ago few seemed to care about the budget and the dear one was here in Fl. for some golf with Woods. Now its important and even though O signed this into law on Aug 1,2011, if the cuts come its not his fault. Sad thing is most will buy that. Yea, we do have two very different nations here today.
For once, we agree. Two different nations.

Even with the new softer, gentler, kinder Republican party.
ooops

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

G.W.Bush ex-presidolt, crimes against humanity,Lies to start an unjust war,almost 6000 dead and almost 23000 wounded and some horrificaly maimed.
But not any of their sons or daughters.
Let the plutocrats and faschists send their children into war the next time they want to trump up support for their war.
Dick(pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)Cheney should be in prison for killing our youth, not theirs.
Don't forget ol' Rummy Rumsfeld , all traitors and charlatans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

ooops wrote:
G.W.Bush ex-presidolt, crimes against humanity,Lies to start an unjust war,almost 6000 dead and almost 23000 wounded and some horrificaly maimed.
But not any of their sons or daughters.
Let the plutocrats and faschists send their children into war the next time they want to trump up support for their war.
Dick(pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)Cheney should be in prison for killing our youth, not theirs.
Don't forget ol' Rummy Rumsfeld , all traitors and charlatans.
All true, and completely inconsequential. Now that he's no longer President, he and his administration remain off limits for discussion here, unless said discussions exclusively involve his 'good points', of course. Consider the title of the thread before making any mention of the bad ones. You'll be told the topic has changed, with the movement of the goalpoasts.
Just saying.

:)

“Cole me down on the panny sty”

Since: Feb 13

Capatown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone remember seeing this report on "FOX News"?

Fox Banned News
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I'm trying to reconcile myself to this healthcare bill. It would be easier if it made sense. Perhaps it's paranoia, but I am seeing so many signs that since my husband went on Medicare he is not getting the type of response to his needs that he did when he was just on private insurance. It's difficult to find providers for certain things that take medicare. And I still don't see how we can prevent people usig the hospital ER as their healthcare. That's supposed to be the thing that drove costs up so much. We'll still be taking care of those who don't opt to buy health insurance and who pay the penalty. We'll still be paying for illegals. What are we going to do put those in jail who don't pay the penalty or buy isurance? That would be more ridiculous than jailing someone who smoked some pot.
Its hard to say how this will work out, but its now close, we should be getting more details, but I'm sure their just now getting around to reading what they actually passed....

Seems to me there are allotta cracks for folks to fall through and holes that will need to be filled.

As far as Medicaire i have heard it will effect it negatively, with alot of hospitals and doctors dropping out of the program for lack of proper reimbursement. More then likely means long lines and travel for seniors, not to mention inferior care..........

I also dont see how it fixed anything. Seems were in the same boat with higher then ever insurance costs and less benefits.

And it does look like a jail term for anyone not having insurance or paying the fine or taxes it has been named. They deduct the fine from your taxes if your getting anything back and if you pay in its just like not paying in. You'll eventually be in front of a judge telling him why your not paying. I would imagine there will also be fines and interest to pay also..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

PS..........

I really dont see how HC can be for profit and be affordable ever. They have you/us in a barrell kind of.

Its not like, well I can afford the ford focus so I'll buy that one but I cant afford the Audi so that decides it. Or I cant afford a car at all right now so that decides it........

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For once, we agree. Two different nations.
Even with the new softer, gentler, kinder Republican party.
Yes. Libs can have sex with underage girls and get a pass, steal campaign money and its "sad" and sign whatever they want into law and its the republicans fault. And the nation you live in says don't be so quick to question this evil we need to understand it. The one I live in wants no part of it and will not excuse it has no interest in understanding it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Libs can have sex with underage girls and get a pass, steal campaign money and its "sad" and sign whatever they want into law and its the republicans fault. And the nation you live in says don't be so quick to question this evil we need to understand it. The one I live in wants no part of it and will not excuse it has no interest in understanding it.
Libs can also have sex with underage boys, as a male senator did here in MN. and got caught. Hardly a word about it. But the con senator Amy Koch who had an affair with a campaign advisor is still front page news 1 year later even after she resigned. To my knowledge the lib senator is still casting his votes at the state Capitol..........

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Libs can also have sex with underage boys, as a male senator did here in MN. and got caught. Hardly a word about it. But the con senator Amy Koch who had an affair with a campaign advisor is still front page news 1 year later even after she resigned. To my knowledge the lib senator is still casting his votes at the state Capitol..........
I make no bones about the fact I read theblaze.com . The other day Willie mocked it questioning if it was a reliable source. If most media wasn't so vested to the left I doubt the blaze would exist.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Btw, the media here in Fl. is the same. Many libs get caught in something and its a non story. Seven years latter you still see stories of Foley sometimes. Its a joke.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

PS..........
I really dont see how HC can be for profit and be affordable ever. They have you/us in a barrell kind of.
Its not like, well I can afford the ford focus so I'll buy that one but I cant afford the Audi so that decides it. Or I cant afford a car at all right now so that decides it........
Like anything else healthcare can be for profit and be affordable but it depends on what we think affordable is. For many many years one could get healthcare independently for less than 200 a month. Now no one thought that was too much to pay on a car lease but for insurance they just weren't buying (through employer it was much less and even then people didn't buy. I believe it's because people want instant gratification. When you lease a car, you've got a car to drive, but insurance is a maybe thing.
Herman Cain said something that really resonated with me. He said the war on poverty began with LBJ and we are losing the war. That's because (imo) we are into instant gratification. Obama knows that and so like the popular king he gives little gifts to the serfs, but he is hell bent on making sure no one gets rich. Healthcare is one of those little gifts, and people will see that the gov't will be leading our lives and there will be no change in poverty except perhaps an increase.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Like anything else healthcare can be for profit and be affordable but it depends on what we think affordable is. For many many years one could get healthcare independently for less than 200 a month. Now no one thought that was too much to pay on a car lease but for insurance they just weren't buying (through employer it was much less and even then people didn't buy. I believe it's because people want instant gratification. When you lease a car, you've got a car to drive, but insurance is a maybe thing.
Herman Cain said something that really resonated with me. He said the war on poverty began with LBJ and we are losing the war. That's because (imo) we are into instant gratification. Obama knows that and so like the popular king he gives little gifts to the serfs, but he is hell bent on making sure no one gets rich. Healthcare is one of those little gifts, and people will see that the gov't will be leading our lives and there will be no change in poverty except perhaps an increase.
I dont know Lis........

How does an appendectomy cost 27 grand (I wouldn't doubt if its 35 or 40 now). Pills that cost $100 a pill or more.......... Pharma companies I'm guessing are only behind oil as the most profitable companies out there.

I know Mayo in Rochester owns 1/2 this town and what they say goes around here.........

Did you hear of their big plans for this area?

Anyway can you put a price on your health? I dont think so and neither do they..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessarily so 720,265
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,531
Appjoy invite code 4 min Clash of clans feind 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 532,450
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 22 min seriously the original 5,214
Nanci Jo Frazer WINS in Court - a Case of Innoc... (Oct '13) 28 min Local Person 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Epiphany2 599,049
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Porkpie Hat 256,397
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••