Bush is a hero

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#159562 Feb 23, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting article recently in Time magazine ...
[WWW puts his fingers in his ears to let Chris's howling about sources pass]
...called "Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us".
http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/20/bitter-...
It was a good article.

They didnt continue on with that couple, but in the end w/o insurance they were on the hook for probably 1/2 a mill at least..........

That hospital was going to take their money until they couldn't pay and then send them on their way. That just doesnt seem right to me. We aren't as good and rightous as we like to think we are......JMO..........

I get a kick out of their reasoning for justifying thier pricing. Well, everyone else is doing it also.........Isnt that what we say in grade school? A real deep thinker that one is, I can see why he's getting paid in the millions......

Have a good weekend everybody..........

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#159564 Feb 23, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>All true, and completely inconsequential. Now that he's no longer President, he and his administration remain off limits for discussion here, unless said discussions exclusively involve his 'good points', of course. Consider the title of the thread before making any mention of the bad ones. You'll be told the topic has changed, with the movement of the goalpoasts.
Idiotic response to an idiotic msg. By those standards, any US President after WWII who prosecuted a war, would be subject to crimes against humanity, including our current rookie. And that kind of horse hockey reeks right up there with the marmelade clouds-type world for which Global Idiot incessantly pines.

If BushCo fit the Nuremburg criteria, as Kuala Lampur & other backward countries such as Switzerland & Spain have determined, the ICC would've issued arrest warrants. To date, there are NO arrest warrants for BushCo pending.

The UN Security Council, highly cognizant of Bush's actions leading to 2 wars, could also have recommended the arrest of BushCo to the ICC.

Let's not let <your> (compound) emotions overload <your> reasonable thought processes. It may sound warm & fuzzy to you'all, but it won't fly very far here on Earth.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159565 Feb 24, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic response to an idiotic msg. By those standards, any US President after WWII who prosecuted a war, would be subject to crimes against humanity, including our current rookie. And that kind of horse hockey reeks right up there with the marmelade clouds-type world for which Global Idiot incessantly pines.
If BushCo fit the Nuremburg criteria, as Kuala Lampur & other backward countries such as Switzerland & Spain have determined, the ICC would've issued arrest warrants. To date, there are NO arrest warrants for BushCo pending.
The UN Security Council, highly cognizant of Bush's actions leading to 2 wars, could also have recommended the arrest of BushCo to the ICC.
Let's not let <your> (compound) emotions overload <your> reasonable thought processes. It may sound warm & fuzzy to you'all, but it won't fly very far here on Earth.
If Switzerland is a 'backward country,' bob, North America must be walking in a honeycomb pattern, interspersed with the occasional spiral.

Switzerland defined 'civilized' for 400 years before there WAS a United States of America, Spain even longer.

Oh, the hubris.

(But of course, you already knew that.)

That being said, there are several arrest warrants active for GWB, not the least of which are the two in France. It's a good thing he has a ranch in Texas. Texas doesn't extradite.

I don't do 'warm and fuzzy' unless there's cocoa and velcro involved.

Jus' sayin'.

:)
Just saying

Eau Claire, WI

#159566 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>That's only true if your State's governor hasn't refused to cooperate with the Feds on implementing the exchanges... and your state's electorate hasn't declared the ACA unconstitutional on its face. In some states, both are true, and roughly 80,000 folks in mine will be forced to pay the fines, and the taxes, which will fund the programs in all the states but our own.
Brilliant, eh?
ACA held up by the supreme court ,fool

Location hidden

#159568 Feb 24, 2013
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA held up by the supreme court ,fool
Tell it to Governor Mary Fallin, and the voters in Oklahoma, toots.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#159569 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>
That being said, there are several arrest warrants active for GWB, not the least of which are the two in France. It's a good thing he has a ranch in Texas. Texas doesn't extradite.
I don't do 'warm and fuzzy' unless there's cocoa and velcro involved.
IINM, foreign arrest warrants for heads of state are symbolic only.

The ICC is the only body capable of issuing and carrying out arrests for war crimes, etc., on a former US President.

And I believe US Marshals are duty-bound to arrest Bush no matter where he is, if a warrant is legitimate.

Location hidden

#159570 Feb 24, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
IINM, foreign arrest warrants for heads of state are symbolic only.
The ICC is the only body capable of issuing and carrying out arrests for war crimes, etc., on a former US President.
And I believe US Marshals are duty-bound to arrest Bush no matter where he is, if a warrant is legitimate.
I don't recall saying anything about enforceability....but the warrants nevertheless do exist, symbolic or otherwise. I find that rather embarrassing, to say the least.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#159571 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>I don't recall saying anything about enforceability....but the warrants nevertheless do exist, symbolic or otherwise. I find that rather embarrassing, to say the least.
If the warrants aren't enforceable, they can only BE symbolic.

And when I said, to date there have been no warrants issued, obviously I was referring to the ICC.

The UNpopularity of Bush over the wars, caused the negative reactions in some corners of the world. Obama chose to carry out the very same policies as Bush, minus torture. But because Obama lied about hopey changey, the world just LOVVVVVVES him. You won't see any arrest warrants for him.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#159572 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>I don't recall saying anything about enforceability....but the warrants nevertheless do exist, symbolic or otherwise. I find that rather embarrassing, to say the least.
I find it embarrassing that a few dictators, one in Cuba another in Venezuela are on record supporting the new direction of America and the dear leader. Que Willie to call this a rant, lol.

Clearwater, FL

#159573 Feb 24, 2013
A reliable source:
Fidel Castro Applauds Passage of Obama's Health Care Overhaul

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/25/fi...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159574 Feb 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
A reliable source:
Fidel Castro Applauds Passage of Obama's Health Care Overhaul
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/25/fi...
First, dude, your source is almost two years old.

Are you Rip van Winkle or what?

Secondly, why not do a little research and learn about the Cuban healthcare system, then report back to us?

Dismissed.

Location hidden

#159575 Feb 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it embarrassing that a few dictators, one in Cuba another in Venezuela are on record supporting the new direction of America and the dear leader. Que Willie to call this a rant, lol.
How are you more embarrassed about the foibles of leaders in other countries, than by the fact that other countries consider our former President a war criminal?

I don't understand.
lisw

Lewis Center, OH

#159576 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondly, why not do a little research and learn about the Cuban healthcare system, then report back to us?
Dismissed.
What...is your research based on Michael Moore? Okay.

Clearwater, FL

#159577 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismissed.
? So another lib that wants the newest coolest or its not worth anything? Tell you what, dude, I know someone from Cuba and will go with what he says over you. You are dismissed, don't get back to me.

Clearwater, FL

#159578 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>How are you more embarrassed about the foibles of leaders in other countries, than by the fact that other countries consider our former President a war criminal?
I don't understand.
I would be shocked if you did understand or agree with much of what I post. Stop the world I want to get off.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#159579 Feb 24, 2013
Morning Bell: Obama and the Seuss-quester
Amy Payne
February 22, 2013 at 8:46 am

On Pennsylvania Avenue, right near the end, there lived a President who wanted to spend.

He knew spending meant power, so hour by hour, he thought up more spends from his Washington tower.

“I’ll spend without limits; I’ll spend without blame! Raising taxes to pay—that’s the name of the game.”

Down the street, though, a House filled with thriftier folk had a budget to pass, or the country’d go broke.“We can’t spend all day; we’ve got bills to pay! Let’s keep deficits and higher taxes away.”

The Senate next door to the House just refused.“We don’t like your budget. We’ve got some bad news: The President says we can spend all we want, and we’ll simply raise taxes whenever we choose.”

So they spent and they spent and they borrowed some more. And when all that was spent, they spent same as before.

But not everyone thought the spending was nice. In the House and the Senate, some spenders thought twice.“We’ll cut down on spending. We have a bad feeling…” then—SMACK!—right on schedule, they hit the debt ceiling.

Then the President’s office, confronted with debt:“If it’s cuts they want now, then it’s cuts they shall get. We’ll threaten such cuts that NO one would take, and show them that cuts are not smart to make.”

“This will make Congress move. We’ll just float out a tester… broad, haphazard cuts that we’ll call the sequester.”

The Senate and even the House said,“Okay! That will motivate us to find a good way. We’ll figure this out and stave off those cuts—to allow them to happen, we’d have to be nuts.”

So the deadline was set, but the spending went on. A year and a half had soon come and gone. The House passed a budget; the Senate said no; the President very much enjoyed the show.

“Spend higher! Spend faster! Grow the welfare rolls! Soon, love for the spending will show up in the polls.” He even raised taxes, but it wasn’t enough—the levels of spending grew too fast to keep up.

“Don’t you mind the sequester,” he told Capitol Hill.“You said you would fix it, and I’m sure you will.”

But they could not agree on ways to cut spending, and before they knew it, the sequester was pending.

“Oh no!” they all cried.“We can’t let these cuts stand!”

And the President said,“WHO thought of this terrible plan?”

They didn’t remember his plan all along. He distracted them with his spending-cut song. Now he returned to save them from harm, and to keep them forgetting all but his charm.

So the President said with a glint in his eye,“You tried to cut spending. I saw how you tried. But it’s just too painful—I’m sure you can see. From the beginning, you should have listened to me.”

“I’ll save you all from the spend-cutters’ axes. You see, the solution is just to raise taxes.”

We don’t know yet how this story will end. Will Congress raise taxes and continue to spend? We need a balanced budget with smarter cuts—reforming entitlements will take guts.

Let the President know that we’re onto his plan. Share this story with as many people as you can.

Morning Bell: The Heritage Foundation
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/02/22/obama-seq...

Location hidden

#159580 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>Too bad the whole room didn't empty, as every single 'participant' left the seminar in droves....
By the way, DID the Pilgrims show Massasoit their work visas?
(Just checking)
The Indians didn't require it... and you see how that worked out for them.

Location hidden

#159581 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>How are you more embarrassed about the foibles of leaders in other countries, than by the fact that other countries consider our former President a war criminal?
I don't understand.
Other countries sided with Hitler, too. I'm not sure I understand your point... countries today don't make wrong choices?

Clearwater, FL

#159582 Feb 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Other countries sided with Hitler, too. I'm not sure I understand your point... countries today don't make wrong choices?
Only the ones that side with values like honor and respect. Its why for the first time in the history of the republic a first lady was speaking at an event that honors the movie industry. Just a short time ago a real hero that gave all, Chris Kyle's funeral got not a word from the dear leader. And the sheep go bahhh bahhh as the nation goes down another notch.

Location hidden

#159583 Feb 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be shocked if you did understand or agree with much of what I post. Stop the world I want to get off.
Well, you certainly don't need my permission, Chris........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Get a life 53,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Tellthetruth 992,505
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 5 hr glenford2 5
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 62
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 hr quilterqueen 4,680
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 hr quilterqueen 1,506
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Unsolved Mistery 693,594
More from around the web