“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#159425 Feb 15, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>No.
He left that up to Kyle's Family, Friends, Fan-club, and the Fringe Element.
Plays better in Poughkeepsie...
What do you know, you spelled it correctly.

Actually, it played better in Texas. Several thousand folks turned out in some nasty weather to honor him. The funeral procession was as much as a couple of miles long, and traveled a distance of about 200 miles.

Texans do know how to pay tribute to our heroes.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159426 Feb 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I always felt that slavery would have soon died on its own, without the need for 600,000 Americans to die, and the irreparable damage the Civil War had on the 10th Amendment.
Ya know, Hitler would have eventually died, whether or not he was hounded by the Allies, the Ruskies, or his own Sturmfuhrers.

His 'suicide' proved that.

um...
NEXT.

Location hidden

#159427 Feb 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it played better in Texas. Several thousand folks turned out in some nasty weather to honor him. The funeral procession was as much as a couple of miles long, and traveled a distance of about 200 miles.
Texans put on a helluva seance too..........

http://winchestermysteryhouse.com/allegedhaun...

Location hidden

#159428 Feb 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the South had plenty of justification for secession... state's rights seemed to have a lot more meaning back then. Today, the 10th Amendment seems to be the one that can be easily ignored by the feds.
Most of the Confederate soldiers were not slave owners, but they didn't believe the federal government should be telling the South how to run their states, and intefere with their economy.
I always felt that slavery would have soon died on its own, without the need for 600,000 Americans to die, and the irreparable damage the Civil War had on the 10th Amendment.
<quoted text>
I think you already know my thoughts on this. I don't care that al-Awlaki and the other dirtballs got whacked, I'm actually happy that they're dead. But without some kind of independent oversight to justify the killing of American Citizens without due process, I worry about where this may go.
<quoted text>
The 1st Amendment allows for free speech, but a private business may fire any employee that makes statements against the businesses' core beliefs and goals. I believe the same should be true for an owner's religious beliefs. He should be not be forced to violate his religious beliefs, as long as it's not illegal, anymore than he should have to allow employees the free speech to badmouth his business.
Face it, your boy doesn't have much respect for the limitations that the Constitution intentionally imposes on the federal government's powers. obama seems to see the Constitution as a huge inconvenience to implementing his federal nanny state... not the law of the land that he swore to uphold and protect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2jr9mLB3yKsXX
ONE: The Constitution of the United States is NOT in the business of negating or dismissing, or removing RIGHTS, but in RECOGNIZING them.

and TWO:
This President was DULY ELECTED, regardless of your objections.

Too bad, Bobin.

Face it..........America has spoken.

Your band didn't beat the right drum hard enough.

There's always 2016.
Good luck.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

#159429 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>Ya know, Hitler would have eventually died, whether or not he was hounded by the Allies, the Ruskies, or his own Sturmfuhrers.
um...
NEXT.
Hitler would have eventually died, but not the evil Third Reich that he created... not without outside help.

Slavery ended peacefully in most countries without the need for a bloody war.

#159430 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>ONE: The Constitution of the United States is NOT in the business of negating or dismissing, or removing RIGHTS, but in RECOGNIZING them.
The Constitution recognizes people's rights, but it restricts the federal government... or it's supposed to.
and TWO:
This President was DULY ELECTED, regardless of your objections.
Too bad, Bobin.
Santa Claus and his low information voter base proved too hard for someone with questionable conservative values to beat.

Even so, the Constitution is still the law of the land, not Executive Orders or failure to enforce the law.
Face it..........America has spoken.
I think the truth is actually that fewer American's spoke. Even though barry received millions less votes than in 2008, too many conservatives stayed home.
Your band didn't beat the right drum hard enough.
Precisely! I thought improving the economy, reducing the debt/deficit and increasing job opportunities would have far more weight than it did. Government handouts won out.
There's always 2016.
Good luck.
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're right, there are some very impressive possibilities for the 2016 ticket.

Location hidden

#159431 Feb 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution recognizes people's rights, but it restricts the federal government... or it's supposed to.
<quoted text>
Santa Claus and his low information voter base proved too hard for someone with questionable conservative values to beat.
Even so, the Constitution is still the law of the land, not Executive Orders or failure to enforce the law.
<quoted text>
I think the truth is actually that fewer American's spoke. Even though barry received millions less votes than in 2008, too many conservatives stayed home.
<quoted text>
Precisely! I thought improving the economy, reducing the debt/deficit and increasing job opportunities would have far more weight than it did. Government handouts won out.
<quoted text>
You're right, there are some very impressive possibilities for the 2016 ticket.

Location hidden

#159432 Feb 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler would have eventually died, but not the evil Third Reich that he created... not without outside help.
Slavery ended peacefully in most countries without the need for a bloody war.
Evil could not exist without good.

Until 70 years ago, slavery was still the law of the land.
Hardly seems possible now, eh?

According to TEXAS, it never happened at all.

(Have you read the history/geography textbooks put forth by the Texas Freedom Network?)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/texas-boar...

(just checking.)

Location hidden

#159433 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=iHyHR6pjroMXX
ahem.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#159434 Feb 15, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well I watched it so I don't need to read it as well, but thanks.
Didn't watch either speech, but in the typical diversionary tactics of the left, the junior Senator's awkward reach for his water was gleefully highlighted in both the pundit arena, and the late-nite talks shows.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple things stuck out:
I thought it sounded a little out of tune when he talked about how gov't programs hold people back, and then later talks warmly about how gov't financial aid made it possible for him to go to school, and how important Medicare was in caring for his mother. That's kinda been the problem with the "small gov't" message all along - their walk don't match their talk. They want to hit these talking points that sound real good in speeches, but then they get real vague when asked to be specific. This was a major glitch in the Romney/Ryan pitch. "Cut programs! But not the ones I think are good. Those other ones, like Planned Parenthood and PBS! That'll save us, like, some ten-thousandth of a percentage point in the budget, and tickle our base at the same time! Win-win!" So, yeah, it seems Rubio was just hitting his marks.
Thanks to this President (and the previous one's wars), the nation is $17T in debt, and there will have to be drastic cuts in programs AND spending. But Obama has shown little interest in spending reduction.

PP and PBS are quite capable of acquiring their monies from the private sector and don't need taxpayer funding. Yes, these 2 alone are a small percentage, but when ya put 'em in with a critical emergency slash list, the numbers will probably not seem so insignificant.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I also thought it was a little bit atonal when he suggested that this might have been a good time for the President to talk about a plan for fixing Medicare. Well, gee whiz, since I had just watched the President say that very thing, including implementing the findings of the Simpson-Bowles plan, I had to wonder what speech Rubio watched? I'm guessing his "rebuttal" was pre-written, and he was stuck reading the script, even tho' it was contradicted by the actual SOTU address that everyone just heard. Ouch! Embarrassing....
Besides that I just thought he looked awful thirsty (if you didn't see the speech you won't get that)
Yes because of the time factor, the rebuttal speeches are written in advance of the SOTU.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#159435 Feb 15, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing? I put a whole bunch of words ahead of that closing wink. Maybe it didn't post, Clearwater seemed to have the same reaction. hmmm....;)
Seems Obama stretched the truth on job creation in his latest
SOTU speech. Imagine that.

Using creative math, he boasted a 6 million jobs increase in private sector. But according to Lou Dobbs (FBN) that number is "not even close". The ACTUAL number is closer to 1.2 million jobs.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/...

You probably won't wanna read most of the comments posted here after the main text.

Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159437 Feb 15, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I had to google this guy Hill, who presumes (or more likely, you assume) speaks for 'the left'.
I share your disgust at what he had to say, but it reminded me of something.
Beck: People ‘Pushed To The Wall’ By ‘Political Correctness’ May Turn Into Psycho Killers
By Matt Corley on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:03 pm
On Tuesday, an Alabama man named Michael McLendon killed 10 people in a shooting spree before committing suicide in what has been called “the worst rampage in Alabama’s history.” Police are continuing to interview people who knew McLendon and his victims, but said today that “there’s probably never going to be a motive” found.
During a conversation with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News today, Glenn Beck offered up his own theory about McLendon.“First of all, this guy’s a psycho,” said Beck. Beck added that listening to the description of him, he was reminded of “the American people that feel disenfranchised right now” and “that feel like nobody’s hearing their voice.”
He then questioned whether these people who feel silenced by “political correctness” are likely to “turn into that guy” when “pushed to the wall”:
BECK: Yada yada yada. And every time they do speak out, they’re shut down by political correctness. How do you not have those people turn into that guy?
O’REILLY: Well, look, nobody, even if they’re frustrated, is going to hurt another human being unless they’re mentally ill. I think.
BECK: I think pushed to the wall, you don’t think people get pushed to the wall?
O’REILLY: Nah, I don’t believe in this snap thing. I think that that kind of violence is inside you and it’s a personality disorder.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2009/03/12/367...
Why assume when he says it outright? Of couse I know many on the left will be upset but its seems almost like an afterthought. In his own words he tries to excuse it by saying he wasn't "entirely crazy" I know of nobody that said he was. Evil? You bet. Btw Beck was wrong too. Of couse those words are almost 4 years old but its good to know the left is at the ready with qued up smears that have no point.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159438 Feb 15, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't watch either speech, but in the typical diversionary tactics of the left, the junior Senator's awkward reach for his water was gleefully highlighted in both the pundit arena, and the late-nite talks shows.
<quoted text>
Thanks to this President (and the previous one's wars), the nation is $17T in debt, and there will have to be drastic cuts in programs AND spending. But Obama has shown little interest in spending reduction.
PP and PBS are quite capable of acquiring their monies from the private sector and don't need taxpayer funding. Yes, these 2 alone are a small percentage, but when ya put 'em in with a critical emergency slash list, the numbers will probably not seem so insignificant.
<quoted text>
Yes because of the time factor, the rebuttal speeches are written in advance of the SOTU.
On spending this is something:

Yet Another Democrat Says We Don’t Have a Spending Problem

http://www.nrcc.org/2013/02/14/yet-another-de...
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159439 Feb 15, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I had to google this guy Hill, who presumes (or more likely, you assume) speaks for 'the left'.
I share your disgust at what he had to say, but it reminded me of something.
Beck: People ‘Pushed To The Wall’ By ‘Political Correctness’ May Turn Into Psycho Killers
By Matt Corley on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:03 pm
On Tuesday, an Alabama man named Michael McLendon killed 10 people in a shooting spree before committing suicide in what has been called “the worst rampage in Alabama’s history.” Police are continuing to interview people who knew McLendon and his victims, but said today that “there’s probably never going to be a motive” found.
During a conversation with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News today, Glenn Beck offered up his own theory about McLendon.“First of all, this guy’s a psycho,” said Beck. Beck added that listening to the description of him, he was reminded of “the American people that feel disenfranchised right now” and “that feel like nobody’s hearing their voice.”
He then questioned whether these people who feel silenced by “political correctness” are likely to “turn into that guy” when “pushed to the wall”:
BECK: Yada yada yada. And every time they do speak out, they’re shut down by political correctness. How do you not have those people turn into that guy?
O’REILLY: Well, look, nobody, even if they’re frustrated, is going to hurt another human being unless they’re mentally ill. I think.
BECK: I think pushed to the wall, you don’t think people get pushed to the wall?
O’REILLY: Nah, I don’t believe in this snap thing. I think that that kind of violence is inside you and it’s a personality disorder.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2009/03/12/367...
Btw I know you don't often watch foxnews but many do. Hill used to work for them until he was fired. He was often on Bill O and everyone with a working brain knows he speaks for the left. Its something foxnews has been doing for quite some time now, having differing pov's speak.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159440 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>No.
He left that up to Kyle's Family, Friends, Fan-club, and the Fringe Element.
Plays better in Poughkeepsie...
Fringe. I see. If standing up for a man that gave all is what fringe is these days happy to be in that number. Btw, even though it won't play in the mainstream I see about 50% of this nation as fringe. People that don't know or care how this nation came to be, people that spend money they didn't earn to get wasted (like my neighbor stoned 24/7) people that care more about tmz than what Kyle did for this nation is fringe to me.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159441 Feb 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If I move it will be to Texas. Sounds like what this nation was at one time but no longer.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159442 Feb 15, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing? I put a whole bunch of words ahead of that closing wink. Maybe it didn't post, Clearwater seemed to have the same reaction. hmmm....;)
Who cares. You smeared someone on the right after giving props to the jackass on D.C.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#159443 Feb 15, 2013
Professor bans Fox news..........

http://news.yahoo.com/professor-bans-citing-f...

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#159444 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>Ya know, Hitler would have eventually died, whether or not he was hounded by the Allies, the Ruskies, or his own Sturmfuhrers.
um...
NEXT.
They did tet n part of the skull the Russians hav they clame belong to hilter. Turns out it belongs to a woman in her 20'S
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159445 Feb 15, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Professor bans Fox news..........
http://news.yahoo.com/professor-bans-citing-f...
It doesn't tell her what she wants to hear. Just for laughs I wonder if she would claim to be open minded? When is it enough? The Pres is on 60 mins often now telling the hacks what they parrot in the so called schools and halls of gov.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Geier 2 min YOUR PATHEDIC 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min dirty white boy- 751,242
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Brother James 602,277
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 32 min Power_2014 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 41 min shanu 1,073
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 230,109
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Tony17 548,925

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE